The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6CW Chat v9

+19
Perfect Jack
ncfc_Tooze
TheCultOfPersonality
Bull
Thunder87
Mat
Marsh
Bentyf1
The_Enigma
Dolphin Ziggler
Marky
Crimey
Steel
President Trump
Fernando
Nay
Paul Mac 6CW
TwisT
x12x
23 posters

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next

Go down

6CW Chat v9 - Page 3 Empty 6CW Chat v9

Post by x12x Tue 08 Dec 2015, 3:20 pm

First topic message reminder :

All shiny and new...

x12x

Back to top Go down

6CW Chat v9 - Page 3 Empty Re: 6CW Chat v9

Post by President Trump Tue 15 Dec 2015, 12:38 pm

They have bought me mittens Sad

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 15 Dec 2015, 12:39 pm

Losing titles has always been one of the best parts of a title reign I think, it gives you a chance to freshen up and go in a different direction. I've not had a title reign yet where I felt like losing the title hasn't got me more interested.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Tue 15 Dec 2015, 12:41 pm

Afternoon All,

Will start promo tonight after run, so likely posted tomorrow night.

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Tue 15 Dec 2015, 12:44 pm

Jesus Nay that's a long run Laugh

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Tue 15 Dec 2015, 1:01 pm

Thats sadly is how long it tskes me atvthe moment ha ha.

Normally it tskes me about an hour to get Faith to the ring with the number of rewrites i do on each sentence.

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Tue 15 Dec 2015, 1:04 pm

You should cut back on the Irn Bru and Buckfast mate Wink

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Dec 2015, 2:32 pm

I'd copy Dicey's answer and say avoid backstage politics, but more than that I'd advise myself to stick with developing one character and just keep going with that.

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Tue 15 Dec 2015, 2:43 pm

Mr Crowley Very Happy

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 15 Dec 2015, 3:04 pm

CJ wrote:I'd advise myself to stick with developing one character and just keep going with that.

I totally agree. I think it's no coincidence that despite the fact that most of us have created a few other characters, we always end up going back to our original. It's always going to be the most natural because it was organically created through experience.

I find what tends to happen when I and others have created new characters is because you've got experience of e-fedding, you put so much more detail into the character creation and the character on paper is so much cooler than your original because you've put thought into it. It's more specific, they have a back story and you think you know how they'll fit in. Then you find when you promo that you've created a hole in which limits creativity. You also try harder to make it different from your original character, but generally the original has so much more of 'you' in it it's hard to write differently.

I think there's very few examples of people's second or third characters ever really being better than their original creation. Off the top of my head, only Diablo to Cassius Zhi or Vortex to Joshua really come to mind. I've had numerous characters, that on paper and in theory are so much better than Crime Lord, but I think it's only natural to feel trapped by your original cool idea, rather than allowing it to develop naturally. Think others won't mind me saying it's been true for them too, like JJ has had Solomon and Tyler Roth and both have been good, but better than JJ Johnson? No way. Marky has had a few others but Max Adamson remains his strongest. Hero, you, Dicey have all had other characters but ended up going back to the original. I think it's true here in 6CW that people have other characters that are perhaps better on paper and have obviously more defined characteristics from their creation that aren't quite there compared to their original characters. They should definitly heed this advice, because you can often get bogged down in secondary characters when could have more fun focusing on the one that is most naturally developed.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 15 Dec 2015, 3:20 pm

I started with 3 (well 4, but Deep Heat never counted) so it made it a lot easier. I don't have someone with "success" (or the like) to fall back on, and I'm used to doing it this way. Ojore was always my favourite, but he only works in a certain way and I took him straight out when I thought I'd find him boring.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Dec 2015, 3:23 pm

Dicey Reilly wrote:Mr Crowley Very Happy

Ha ha, I may need to amend my answer slightly.

I fit into the list with ED and Twist, as Leone is definitely a better character than Crowley, though I have a tonne of people to thank for developing the Leone character further than it had any right to go. That's another piece of advice I'd give to myself, always trust what fed-heads and the more experienced guys suggest. You'll get the occasional person who just wants to mess people around, but most people will give you good advice and use it to develop your own character past original expectations.

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Tue 15 Dec 2015, 3:27 pm

I have three at the moment and I'm sticking with them...the issue I'm currently having is getting Stevens voice back...when he was in 6WF he felt like a well rounded character but at the moment I find it hard to separate him from Wood.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 15 Dec 2015, 3:29 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:I started with 3 (well 4, but Deep Heat never counted) so it made it a lot easier. I don't have someone with "success" (or the like) to fall back on, and I'm used to doing it this way. Ojore was always my favourite, but he only works in a certain way and I took him straight out when I thought I'd find him boring.

It's not necessarily success that makes those characters better to fall back on, it's usually because when you first start you don't know what you want, so your character is a bit more blank, then develops more naturally, meaning it's the most natural to write for. You just so happen to have two characters that you started with, so two originals, which is unusual. I do think that Ojore is an example of what I mean, the character is good, but specific, meaning there's not as much room to move with it, meaning it's easier to get bored quicker. I think the characters people make having already been a part of e-fedding tend to all fall into that kind of category, they are more fleshed out initially, but that means it's less fun to promo as you've already got a full character and you don't necessarily want to change and develop them too quickly because you end up moving away from your cool idea.

I think that's why so many people, myself included, have tried creating 'Undertaker'-esque characters. That as a character is really intriguing at first, but over time you do find yourself struggling to promo, because generally the style is unusual, the character doesn't feel like it can change much without defeating the purpose of creating that character in the first place. Even Twist with Joshua is having to sacrifice some of the original concepts of Joshua to keep the character interesting and have different stories, but generally I find that when people, including me, create those characters you struggle so early, that you're conflicted as to whether to change or not, then it's too late and you've just lost motivation for the character.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 15 Dec 2015, 3:32 pm

I could have sworn you started with Leone! Never mind then, I still think it's clear Leone is the character that you more naturally are able to write for. It still definitely fits my theory that if you start with a less defined character, they have more longevity, as it develops along without you feeling like you've left what you originally wanted to do.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 15 Dec 2015, 3:39 pm

xviperx wrote:I have three at the moment and I'm sticking with them...the issue I'm currently having is getting Stevens voice back...when he was in 6WF he felt like a well rounded character but at the moment I find it hard to separate him from Wood.

This is one of my points exactly, I think when one has more than one character it can be difficult to separate your promo styles to make it worthwhile having both characters. Then this leads to people creating characters with more defined characteristics, so that you have to promo in a style, but that's really difficult to pull off and can often be more work than it is fun because it's so much less natural to promo.

I do like all your characters, but I honestly think that you might enjoy yourself more in the long run and probably develop a character better if you did just stick to one, in this case probably Liam Wood, who by your own admission is an extension of yourself and so naturally you'll be most comfortable promoing with.

I do totally get it though, I and pretty much everybody else has had that itch to push themselves creatively, but don't want to necessarily change your original character, so you create this great character who is really detailed and you have all these ideas but over time they either become too specific or too similar to your original. It's so hard to juggle more than one character, it's very rarely been achieved in my opinion. At least not more than one in the same fed. I think you in particular might find yourself getting even better if you did focus on one character.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Tue 15 Dec 2015, 3:59 pm

CJ wrote:

I fit into the list with ED and Twist, as Leone is definitely a better character than Crowley, though I have a tonne of people to thank for developing the Leone character further than it had any right to go. That's another piece of advice I'd give to myself, always trust what fed-heads and the more experienced guys suggest. You'll get the occasional person who just wants to mess people around, but most people will give you good advice and use it to develop your own character past original expectations.

Big G Very Happy

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 15 Dec 2015, 4:05 pm

Afternoon angel

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Dec 2015, 4:15 pm

Dicey Reilly wrote:
CJ wrote:

Big G Very Happy

Vlad Marius

Afternoon Nando

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Tue 15 Dec 2015, 4:19 pm

Afternoon / Prevening. (Yes, it's a big bang theory reference)

Apologies for neglecting the home page and missing last week's show. Had such a lot on with real life stuff so my time has been limited to running WWA these past few weeks so I'm hoping once that has finished, I can really get into full force with promoing and such.

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 15 Dec 2015, 4:27 pm

How is everyone this not so sunny day?

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Tue 15 Dec 2015, 5:25 pm

Currently reviewing a document related to fee types in LIBOR lending so not so good haha.

Hows you

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 15 Dec 2015, 10:20 pm

Yeah not too bad Fella, Officially decided the NHS are f**king useless Laugh

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Tue 15 Dec 2015, 10:39 pm

QOTE: If 6CW were to change the official theme from Boom by POD what would you pick and why?

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Wed 16 Dec 2015, 9:18 am

Reach Up (Papa's got a brand new pig bag) - Perfecto Allstars

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Wed 16 Dec 2015, 9:44 am

Morning

Bodies by Drowning Pool or Voices by Disturbed

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Bentyf1 Wed 16 Dec 2015, 10:14 am

Morning.

As I said on Facebook last night, this get's my shout! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9g2szHsoz0

Lyrics are boss, It has the right tempo and tune and 6CW is indeed Takin over!

Bentyf1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Dec 2015, 6:29 pm

I'd probably go for something like "The Fight Song" by Marylin Manson, for the obvious link with the title, and just because it's a very loud and aggressive introduction.

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Wed 16 Dec 2015, 9:25 pm

If it wasn't Crimelord's song then Out Of The Black by Royal Blood would be perfect.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Dec 2015, 10:11 pm

Apologies for lack of chat recently, covering my own work and that of three others who are off sick in work. Not fun

How are we all. We looking forward to the festive period? When do people finish for work, hope you all enjoy your dinners while im stuck in the office :p

As for the qotd, guerilla radio by ratm for no other reason than its freaking awesome

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Wed 16 Dec 2015, 11:47 pm

QOTD for tomorrow: what are your characters finishing moves and why did you pick them/name them?

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Dec 2015, 11:49 pm

Signature - clothesline from hell

Called it the game changer as in college football that was Phillips. Also as the move can be hit out of the blue it can turn a fight in his favour

Finisher - rock bottom

Called the Touchdown, again probably self explanatory given the amerocan football history of phillips

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Thu 17 Dec 2015, 12:41 am

Liam Wood:

World Eater (a pop up version of the GTS)
Named after what I always called my create a finisher on the WWE games and a tribute to both Cesaro and CM Punk.

Manson Driver (Double undertook piledriver)
Named after Mick Foley when he wrestled for WCCW as Cactus Jack Manson. Originally the Viper Driver and a move I used to hit on friends when we did backyard wrestling

Death Stomp (running/top rope double foot stomp)
I love Prince Devitt/Finn Balor's top rope version and Trevor Lee hits a running version to standing people and it's insane. Called the Death Stomp because that sounds nasty...it's original name was Gomba Stomp after the Mario Games but that sounded too cartoony for Wood after his heel turn.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Thu 17 Dec 2015, 1:08 pm

Hello

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Thu 17 Dec 2015, 1:51 pm

Hey Nay, hows things?

Joshua has.....

Dumbstruck (Suicide Headbutt) - I wanted to choose a move which you would know would hurt Joshua just as much as his opponent. I still have images of Chris Benoit rolling around in pain after delivering the move. It played on the fact that he loves to cause and feel pain.

Go To Hell (Chokeslam) - This simply came about because Joshua was using it a lot in the matches, either to the canvas or through tables. It made sense due to the amount of times he was doing it, for him to have this used as a finisher.

Grace has......

Ovation (Sister Abigal) - I wanted a move where I could include theatrics within it. Wyatt kissing the top of his opponents head did that. Grace shouts out "Everyone Say........." and the crowd respond with "Grace!" before hitting the move. It is cheesy, gets the crowd involved and totally Grace Laugh

Blockbuster (Tornado Roundhouse Kick) - I wanted Grace to have a "out of nowhere" move, that meant he could be being totally dominated in the match but hit this and somehow pick up the win. I invented the whole story of him being in a movie with Chuck Norris and it went on from there.

Incidentally, I am thinking about using Del Rio as Grace's character base in the future. I would then probably change this to an enziguri as Del Rio uses this to great effect......and there is loads of videos as well. What do people think?

Del Rio's Enziguri's:

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Thu 17 Dec 2015, 2:15 pm

I don't see an Enziguri as a finisher mainly because it's a staple move for a lot of people and I personally put them in matches when I need to change the pace...I think the Tornado Kick should stay as it is but like I said, that's my personal preference and we both know how different we are when it comes to finisher.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Thu 17 Dec 2015, 2:24 pm

Dicey's are

The CraicDown (Cradle Piledriver) - I loved Jerry Lynn's version when I watched ECW back in the day and it's called that because sure we love the craic over here Wink

Hangover cure (Running knee to the face to an opponent in seated position in the corner) - I added this when Dicey returned just to give him a another violent looking move and I was watching Shinsuke Nakamura a lot in NJPW Very Happy

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Thu 17 Dec 2015, 2:27 pm

Might as well do the QOTD for my other two guys: When picking finishing moves I like to pick three contrasting styles.

Brandon Perez
Sex Panther: Del Rio's Armbreaker, named after Anchor Man and picked because I wanted Perez to be a very good technical wrestler in the vein of guys like Daniel Bryan and Zack Sabre JR.

Moustache Ride: A Running Ligerbomb, called that because I'm a child and think I'm funny. Picked Liger's running powerbomb just to go with the actual name.

F.A.C: Called the F**k and chuck because that's Perez's style with the ladies. I picked a Croyt's Wrath because it's probably one of my favourite ever moves despite it basically being a german suplex

Austin Stevens:
F-Bomb: A high angle powerbomb in to a piledriver (better known as Super Dragon's Barrywhite Driver). I picked the name because Stevens swears and a lot and I picked the move because it looks nasty as hell and suits Stevens.

Motor City Massacre: Okada's Rain Maker Lariat, a homage to Steven's hometown and again a move that looks nasty as hell...check out this one and try to say it wouldn't mess you up. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrT_s5tnWos

Death From Above: A 450 splash dropped in to an elbow instead of a splash. Another move that just looks nasty...the original plan was for this move to be called "Welcome to Detroit Motherf**ker" but DFA makes more sense.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Thu 17 Dec 2015, 2:29 pm

Dicey Reilly wrote:Dicey's are

The CraicDown (Cradle Piledriver) - I loved Jerry Lynn's version when I watched ECW back in the day and it's called that because sure we love the craic over here Wink

Hangover cure (Running knee to the face to an opponent in seated position in the corner) - I added this when Dicey returned just to give him a another violent looking move and I was watching Shinsuke Nakamura a lot in NJPW Very Happy

To quote our Edd YAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSS! I love Nakamura and the Boma Ye...I had a tag team a while back and one of them used it, such a good move when hit well.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Thu 17 Dec 2015, 2:31 pm

He just ooozes charisma in the ring and is just a cool f**ker

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Thu 17 Dec 2015, 2:39 pm

my main love for him comes from the fact that he's a pretty average shaped guy with Skrillex hair who dresses like Michael Jackson but he comes off as genuinely tough!

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Dec 2015, 2:54 pm

xviperx wrote:QOTD for tomorrow: what are your characters finishing moves and why did you pick them/name them?

Tombstone Piledriver - I didn't have a name for it as I wasn't creative enough to think one up ha ha. I started using a cradle tombstone in 2011 during the original Dicey vs. Leone feud, as Dicey's finisher is the Cradle Piledriver, and I wanted Leone to be seen to be trying to mock/rip off Dicey.

Concuss Kick (Superkick) - The name just came from the fact that it contains alliteration, you can see my level of creativity there. Like a lot of people, I wanted a sudden impact move, and the superkick is a fairly standard move for that style.

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Thu 17 Dec 2015, 3:38 pm

CJ wrote:
xviperx wrote:QOTD for tomorrow: what are your characters finishing moves and why did you pick them/name them?

Tombstone Piledriver - I didn't have a name for it as I wasn't creative enough to think one up ha ha. I started using a cradle tombstone in 2011 during the original Dicey vs. Leone feud, as Dicey's finisher is the Cradle Piledriver, and I wanted Leone to be LIKE Dicey.

Concuss Kick (Superkick) - The name just came from the fact that it contains alliteration, you can see my level of creativity there. Like a lot of people, I wanted a sudden impact move, and the superkick is a fairly standard move for that style.

Fixed Wink

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu 17 Dec 2015, 3:46 pm

QOTD for tomorrow: what are your characters finishing moves and why did you pick them/name them?

Max Adamson:
Cyclone - Basically an F5, but as Adamson is Australian and Australia has a Cyclone season it fitted well, as well as the spinning motion of the F5.
Gore - Just a fan of Rhyno's Gore. Also kinda visualised Adamson in a similar body shape to Rhyno when he debuted.
Boomerang - Needed a submission, it's like a Bow and Arrow stretch, with a stereotypical Australian name (and the opponent would be twisted into a boomerang shape in the submission)

Percy Percival:
Gaymaker - A superkick, like a Haymaker, but Percy is of a certain persuasion.
Percy Pop - He's a highflyer, so a Westcoast Pop style move, just with a more personal touch.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Dec 2015, 3:50 pm

Dicey Reilly wrote:
CJ wrote:

Tombstone Piledriver - I didn't have a name for it as I wasn't creative enough to think one up ha ha. I started using a cradle tombstone in 2011 during the original Dicey vs. Leone feud, as Dicey's finisher is the Cradle Piledriver, and I wanted Leone to be LIKE Jerry Lynn.

Fixed Wink

Sorry, my mistake Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 17 Dec 2015, 3:56 pm

Lock and Load - An F5. I previously had the Tombstone Piledriver but wanted to change to something else. I asked everybody in 6WF for ideas of a finisher that was good that nobody currently used, Marky suggested the F5 and the name. Only to realise a few days later that Max Adamson used the F5.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu 17 Dec 2015, 4:14 pm

Crimey wrote:Lock and Load - An F5. I previously had the Tombstone Piledriver but wanted to change to something else. I asked everybody in 6WF for ideas of a finisher that was good that nobody currently used, Marky suggested the F5 and the name. Only to realise a few days later that Max Adamson used the F5.

That's a lie. Or at the very least a mistake, someone else suggested it because it wasn't me.

(Why would I suggest something I already used?!)

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 17 Dec 2015, 4:21 pm

Marky wrote:
Crimey wrote:Lock and Load - An F5. I previously had the Tombstone Piledriver but wanted to change to something else. I asked everybody in 6WF for ideas of a finisher that was good that nobody currently used, Marky suggested the F5 and the name. Only to realise a few days later that Max Adamson used the F5.

That's a lie. Or at the very least a mistake, someone else suggested it because it wasn't me.

(Why would I suggest something I already used?!)

You definitely did! I remember it specifically because you suggested the move you already were using. You were also the person to point out that you'd suggested your own move, so I'm guessing you just had a brain fart or something.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu 17 Dec 2015, 4:25 pm

Evidence needed Crimey.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 17 Dec 2015, 4:27 pm

Marky wrote:Evidence needed Crimey.

I think this was before Trash Talk even existed, when we just chatted on the cards, it'd take me a couple of months to find it. I definitely didn't make it up. The only other possibility is that somebody else suggested it, you didn't call them up on it, and then pointed out that you didn't call them up on it maybe? I distinctly remember you not realising at the time that I asked for an original move and got your finisher.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu 17 Dec 2015, 4:34 pm

That's different. I did bring up I already used it, but in no way did I suggest it. We've had this conversation before though, where you won't believe me!

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next