The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which undercard fight could steal the show?

5 posters

Go down

Which undercard fight could steal the show? Empty Which undercard fight could steal the show?

Post by themadworldofjb Fri 11 Dec 2015, 1:09 pm

When you get a PPV card like the one we are faced with on Saturday, it is often the case that one of the support fights steals the show in terms of quality, competitiveness and drama.

The best example this year was Mitchell v Linares stealing the show of Brook v Gavin. So what about Joshua v Whyte. Who could steal the show from them?

Eubank v Sullivan could do it. I think Sky think so. I don't think it will though. I think Eubank has too much for Sullivan.

Mitchell vs Barroso could do it. Kev has one of those styles that will see him dragged into wars. My pick though is Bellew v Masternak. Bellew has got himself into wars before and I think this one could be a slugfest.

Would love to know what you guys think could steal the show
themadworldofjb
themadworldofjb

Back to top Go down

Which undercard fight could steal the show? Empty Re: Which undercard fight could steal the show?

Post by Baby faced assassin Fri 11 Dec 2015, 1:21 pm

How many wars has Bellew actually been in can I ask as I haven't really seen him in any off the top of my head

Think Joshua creams whyte impressively so that could actually steal the show but yea mitchell seems a good bet. Technically very good with power in his left uppercut but vulnerable and prone to getting sicker into a scrap although don't know anything about his opponent ngl

Baby faced assassin
Baby faced assassin

Back to top Go down

Which undercard fight could steal the show? Empty Re: Which undercard fight could steal the show?

Post by themadworldofjb Fri 11 Dec 2015, 1:33 pm

The first fight with Mackenzie was a war. Plus a lot of his fights are bruising because of his style. I would say his wars are dramatic because of his inability to back up his power.
themadworldofjb
themadworldofjb

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Dec 2015, 1:38 pm

Looking forward to seeing Luke Campbell

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Fri 11 Dec 2015, 1:57 pm

By seeing I hope you mean via text updates on sky or BBC

Don't tell me you are buying it

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Baby faced assassin Fri 11 Dec 2015, 1:59 pm

themadworldofjb wrote:The first fight with Mackenzie was a war. Plus a lot of his fights are bruising because of his style. I would say his wars are dramatic because of his inability to back up his power.

But was it a war? Cant remember it too much but pretty sure he got dropped twice in a round but don't remember it being a 3 minute a round slugfest
Baby faced assassin
Baby faced assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Fri 11 Dec 2015, 2:22 pm

Bellew doesn't tend to get into wars, it's a myth that surrounds him for some reason (same with the power) I like him and think he's technically better than he gets credit for but he has put on some stinkers in recent times. (I'm still a fan though Mr B)

Don't think any fight will steal the show as it's a pretty pee poor card. Think this is the beginning of the end for decent domestic scraps unless it's done locally.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Dec 2015, 2:38 pm

BoxingFan88 wrote:By seeing I hope you mean via text updates on sky or BBC

Don't tell me you are buying it
No, not buying it, don't have SKY and wouldn't even if I did.

By "seeing" I clearly meant "watching p!ss poor mobile phone footage on YouTube a week later"

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 11 Dec 2015, 2:59 pm

themadworldofjb wrote:The first fight with Mackenzie was a war. Plus a lot of his fights are bruising because of his style. I would say his wars are dramatic because of his inability to back up his power.

That was your definition of a war? You must be a very over-excitable boxing fan.

As others have said, can't think of one 'war' Bellew has been in.

Clev's last fight was a more likely contender for 'war'.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Fri 11 Dec 2015, 4:15 pm

haha fair enough :-)

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down