The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

India in Australia

+3
Pal Joey
msp83
KP_fan
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

India in Australia - Page 2 Empty India in Australia

Post by KP_fan Sat 19 Dec 2015, 2:47 pm

First topic message reminder :

a masala series with 5 ODIs and 3 T20s
somehow about 2 tests would have been great.
good to see Rishi dhawan break in......doubt if Dhonis will use him well
who is brainder singh saran?
Raina and Rayadu out....Pandey in.....Majumdar got a hundred in Zim and should have been in ODI squad
Yuv, Nehra, Bhajji still in T20s.....is a step or two back
who is hridik pandya?

Team declared and here it is new entrants highlighted in bold

ODI squad: Shikhar Dhawan, Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli, Ajinkya Rahane, Manish Pandey, MS Dhoni (C) (Wk), Ravichandran Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja, Mohd. Shami, Axar Patel, Ishant Sharma, Umesh Yadav, Gurkeerat Singh Mann, Rishi Dhawan, Brainder Singh Sran.

T20I squad: Shikhar Dhawan, Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli, Ajinkya Rahane, Yuvraj Singh, MS Dhoni (C) (Wk), Suresh Raina, Ravichandran Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja, Mohd. Shami, Harbhajan Singh, Umesh Yadav, Hardik Pandya, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Ashish Nehra.
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

India in Australia - Page 2 Empty Re: India in Australia

Post by KP_fan Mon 01 Feb 2016, 3:26 pm

MS Dhoni (capt), Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan, Ajinkya Rahane, Manish Pandey, Suresh Raina, Yuvraj Singh, Hardik Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja, R Ashwin, Jasprit Bumrah, Ashish Nehra, Harbhajan Singh, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Pawan Negi.

In: Pawan Negi, Manish Pandey, Bhuvneshwar Kumar

Out: Virat Kohli, Rishi Dhawan, Gurkeerat Singh Mann, Umesh Yadav

Team for the Lanka series announced....dhawan, gurkeerat's tryst with limited over cricket ends.....too soon I would say....especially gurkeerat I would say shuld have gotten a bit more time....
in comes Dhoni's favorite medium pace of Bhuvi
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Tue 02 Feb 2016, 4:05 am

Virat gets a much needed rest before the World T-20. Bhuvneshwar has been absolutely lackluster for some time now. His pace has gone up a bit but he isn't swing it and doesn't have the control and accuracy that he had ones, particularly on his length. Hopefully if he plays, we will get to see a much better version.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Tue 02 Feb 2016, 1:20 pm

yadav is a far better bet than Bhuvi and hope it's only rested.
The emergence of Pandya's 139kph bowling has shown the door to Rishi
we need to see how good he can bat.

Negi is more in the Jadeja slot than the gurkeerat slot
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Tue 02 Feb 2016, 5:01 pm

Negi did have a decent IPL but I am not sure he's international class really. And agree on Gurkirat, he should be given a decent run in the side before being discarded. Did not have too many opportunities to get himself in and play a meaningful innings, and in Australian conditions his offspin wouldn't have been the most potent bowling option anyways.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Sat 06 Feb 2016, 6:48 pm

msp83 wrote:Negi did have a decent IPL but I am not sure he's international class really. And agree on Gurkirat, he should be given a decent run in the side before being discarded. Did not have too many opportunities to get himself in and play a meaningful innings, and in Australian conditions his offspin wouldn't have been the most potent bowling option anyways.

and the way to find out is by giving Negi a run in international T20s. He has done the right things by performing in IPL and Mustaq Ali trophy....and selectors have done their part......by rewarding him for his show.

the shift is quite obvious by our selectors...to look for all-rounders whose primary trait is bowling....and I think that's a good idea
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2