The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!)

Page 19 of 19 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 17, 18, 19

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!)

Post by President Trump on Tue 10 Nov 2015, 10:23 am

First topic message reminder :

I watch two films over the last few days

Seventh Son: Absolute tosh, it felt like a bad D&D film from SyFy

The Wedding Ringer: It was a fun movie, predictable but fun, "Who the hell are these guys, it's like the Goonies grew up and became r@pists" Laugh

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!)

Post by mikey_dragon on Sat 03 Jun 2017, 10:00 am

I finally got around to watching Trainspotting 2. I was waiting for something to happen, which didn't, so I was left a little disappointed. I liked the nostalgic feel about it although I expected more character exploration of the time between the right now and previous 20 years. The trailers also gave me a different impression, so some things that I expected would happen just didn't happen (what were they addicted to in this one again?).

I have to say overall I enjoyed it.... as it's Trainspotting!

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce on Wed 07 Jun 2017, 10:47 pm

Wonder Woman. Standard superhero type film, but WITH A WOMAN (shouts of "shock horror!" from the back). Unfortunately, it's still standard superhero garbage, so lots of back story needing to be told, convenient fitting together of little bits of plot, unusual but barely fleshed out buddy roles, comic relief who has obviously had most of their good lines cut out of the final edit, and the obvious lead to a sequel.

Gal Gadot is well cast (I can't really imagine anyone else doing it to be honest) and does well, but her English accent is so clipped it becomes annoying. Granted I know that English isn't her first language but I just can't get on with it. Chris Pine plays himself. Sadly, it's over-long (and I reckon it had to be trimmed down from about 3 1/2 hours) plus it's REALLY predictable. There's plenty of action though. I REALLY wanted to like this film, but as with the majority of the superhero genre, it falls short of what I expected. It's standard Bank holiday weekend viewing really.

5/10 from me.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce on Mon 12 Jun 2017, 9:57 pm

Hmmm. The Mummy. Universal's first "Dark Universe" film - well it's not very good. Tom Cruise = miscast. Humour = forced and sometimes unnecessary. Action = plenty, frequent. Effects = too many to mention. Unbelievably bland female lead = check. Russell Crowe is the best thing in it, but only to set up his own standalone Jekyll/Hyde film. 4.5/10
Brendan Fraser, I miss you... Laugh

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon on Mon 12 Jun 2017, 10:14 pm

Both Mummy films with Brendan Fraser-Rachel Weisz were epic. Oh that takes me back. Brendan and Rachel don't ever change!

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 on Tue 13 Jun 2017, 7:31 am

The Mummy 1/2 were favorites of mine growing up. Wasn't expecting this film to live up to those and it sounds from most sources as if it hasn't. (Special effects aside).

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila on Sat 17 Jun 2017, 1:50 pm

Wonder Woman

I saw it yesterday. Not too bad a film but a little bit too long. The other review says that it really predictable. Well, what do you expect? We all know going into the cinema that Wonder Woman is going to win the battle and save the day.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted on Mon 19 Jun 2017, 10:33 am

My Cousin Rachel

Tino memorial rating, even though he claims he's not dead: 3.76215

GSoE: 4

HH Scale of Accurate Titling: 10/10 – brilliant titling, possibly one of the most accurately titled films I've seen, the entire thing was about his f*cking cousin Rachel

Michaels scale of tits OR war: 0/10 – nothing, a woman and her horse fall off a cliff but you don't get to see it happening

Rowley Scale of Northern Thriftiness: 1/10 – two tickets, a large popcorn (salted) and Cherry Ice Blast for myself plus a small popcorn (sweet) for the missus came to £36.  I give it a 1 and not a 0 as the straw I got with the Cherry Ice Blast was flattened into a spoon on one end which aided the search for flavour pockets after my initial assault using the straw's sucking facility.

TattieSconesRRN-Q: "I would rather you hit me than to watch you cry" (or something to that effect).  Quite a good one, keep mentioning it in different forms to the missus whenever I p*ss her off and she can't help laughing which p*sses her off even more.

Suitably tedious attempt at one of those dreary 1800s Gothic love stories a la Wuthering Heights.  Came close to dozing off on a few occasions so don't watch it if you're on hayfever medication (if you feel the need to watch it at all). I managed to keep myself awake during the first half hour by eating my Cherry Ice Blast too quickly which gave me a headache so bad it reached halfway down my back (not sure if it counts as a backache as it was clearly due to there being too much pain for my head to bear on its own).  Once I ran out of Cherry Ice Blast staying awake became an ordeal, especially when it became clear Weisz wasn't going to add to the tits part of the Michaels scale.

If you need to watch a movie about My Cousin then watch My Cousin Vinny instead, much more entertaining than this drivel.
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rick_dagless on Mon 19 Jun 2017, 10:44 am

Excellent review.

rick_dagless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted on Mon 19 Jun 2017, 10:50 am

Thank you, Rick. I hope it helps you to make the right choice when you next visit the cinema.
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 19 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 17, 18, 19

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum