The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Danny Garcia vs Robert Guerrero for vacant WBC welterweight title - Amir Khan made mandatory for the winner.

+17
hogey
catchweight
Lance
spencerclarke
Guest82
AdamT
Steffan
Baby faced assassin
Hammersmith harrier
Nico the gman
Valero's Conscience
Herman Jaeger
TRUSSMAN66
hazharrison
wheelchair1991
TopHat24/7
Jermaine2015
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Danny Garcia vs Robert Guerrero for vacant WBC welterweight title - Amir Khan made mandatory for the winner.  - Page 2 Empty Danny Garcia vs Robert Guerrero for vacant WBC welterweight title - Amir Khan made mandatory for the winner.

Post by Jermaine2015 Wed 13 Jan 2016, 1:46 pm

First topic message reminder :

So now Khan has a second option, what will chump Brook and Hearn do?

Jermaine2015

Back to top Go down

Danny Garcia vs Robert Guerrero for vacant WBC welterweight title - Amir Khan made mandatory for the winner.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Danny Garcia vs Robert Guerrero for vacant WBC welterweight title - Amir Khan made mandatory for the winner.

Post by Rodney Mon 18 Jan 2016, 8:01 am

Coxy001 wrote:Truss 'the quality Alexander'!!???!?!? Hahahhaaa... Ooo some were just came out I chuckled so hard.

Khan is doing everything he can to not fight Brook - it is the most amount of money he could earn. The yanks aren't interested in him, Algieri, Alexander were fought in someone's living room and the tv numbers were woeful.

Brook is the one making all the noises. Brook is the one who went to America and beat a top ranked WW to take the title. Khan goes there and fights a washed up Collazo, Alexander who hasn't beat anyone in years and scraped past Algieri who got smacked silly by an old Pacman. Yet you think be has some sort of right to veto the Brook fight.

Khan isn't as good as you think. If he was as good as he thinks as well why hasn't he taken the Brook fight? Massive money and seems to think it'd be an easy night yet refuses to fight him.

Whoever Khan chooses to fight I hope he loses and has to watch Brook take on the likes of Thurman, Garcia, Bradley and co.

The MGM Grand ?? Nice living room.

Is this the same Brook who has had 30 odd fights and only fought one fighter in the top 15 ?? I'm sorry but Khan is certainly more of an name in the States with a better resume. Wake me up when Brook decides to fight someone.

Cheers, Rodders

Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Danny Garcia vs Robert Guerrero for vacant WBC welterweight title - Amir Khan made mandatory for the winner.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Danny Garcia vs Robert Guerrero for vacant WBC welterweight title - Amir Khan made mandatory for the winner.

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 18 Jan 2016, 11:41 am

Rodney wrote:
Coxy001 wrote:Truss 'the quality Alexander'!!???!?!? Hahahhaaa... Ooo some were just came out I chuckled so hard.

Khan is doing everything he can to not fight Brook - it is the most amount of money he could earn. The yanks aren't interested in him, Algieri, Alexander were fought in someone's living room and the tv numbers were woeful.

Brook is the one making all the noises. Brook is the one who went to America and beat a top ranked WW to take the title. Khan goes there and fights a washed up Collazo, Alexander who hasn't beat anyone in years and scraped past Algieri who got smacked silly by an old Pacman. Yet you think be has some sort of right to veto the Brook fight.

Khan isn't as good as you think. If he was as good as he thinks as well why hasn't he taken the Brook fight? Massive money and seems to think it'd be an easy night yet refuses to fight him.

Whoever Khan chooses to fight I hope he loses and has to watch Brook take on the likes of Thurman, Garcia, Bradley and co.

The MGM Grand ?? Nice living room.

Is this the same Brook who has had 30 odd fights and only fought one fighter in the top 15 ?? I'm sorry but Khan is certainly more of an name in the States with a better resume. Wake me up when Brook decides to fight someone.

Cheers, Rodders

My guess is if people didn't buy every Hearn PPV chucked at them it would be more likely he would fight someone decent.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 18 Jan 2016, 2:22 pm

... Oh come on now brook fought porter in his backyard... And er one of britain's nearly greatest amateurs Frankie Gavin and err Carson Jones... Not once but twice.

Khan is talented with very fast hands and he doesn't get outboxed. He has occasionally been timed/countered when unloading but generally his problems are with pressure fighters, or guys who can adapt and apply it.

He didn't get the mayweather gig because he was a genuine threat... floyd, later in his career, liked guys who came to him. If brook stays long with Khan he loses, if he shows some adaptability and gets on the front foot he can win. We haven't seen that from him, because the only good fighter he's ever fought was a pit bull. It's the unknown that makes the fight a pickem for me.

If it happens of course.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 18 Jan 2016, 2:27 pm

Great analysis Milky...

I see a similar fight to Alexander...Where a similarly well intentioned Brook gets sick off walking into the fast hands.....

Brook isn't a concussive puncher..

Khan decision..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 18 Jan 2016, 3:04 pm

Khan wins by a comfortable UD for me

He is the better boxer but also has way more experience at the top level

Admittedly his chin can be a bit dodgy at times but Brook has showed me nothing to suggest he could KO him

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 18 Jan 2016, 3:07 pm

Easy with those compliments big fella!

It could go the way of Alexander Khan if brook diesnt adapt. I think brook and Alexander have similar hand speed... Pretty quick but not quite quick enough... I think brook has better footwork than Alexander though which is what gives him better chances if he uses it... And while he's no huge banger, he probably doesn't have to be if he can get enough shots off. Like you say, depends how deterred he gets from getting picked off getting in range. Let's hope it happens as its a cracking match up, even without the British angle.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2