The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dirk Nannes

5 posters

Go down

Dirk Nannes Empty Dirk Nannes

Post by MuchHappierSurreyFan Thu 02 Jun 2011, 4:18 pm

Blimey

I dont look at the internet for three days and I seem to miss everything, what did we all do before computers???
Anyway I have just seen we have signed Dirk Nannes to replace Shaun Tait and I find this very interesting indeed.

With our squad now being packed with big hitters (Roy,Lancefield,H-B,Maynard,De Bryun,KP,Davies) I was hopeful of a
good tournament but now we have signed the leading T20 wicket taker in T20 history!!!

I am very hopeful of a good year in this tournament

MuchHappierSurreyFan

Back to top Go down

Dirk Nannes Empty Re: Dirk Nannes

Post by king_carlos Thu 02 Jun 2011, 5:10 pm

Exactly what I've been thinking Depressed!

Ideally we could have done with a quality spinner but as we're more likely to see a unicorn in Surrey kit of late we cant complain with Nannes! Leading wicket taker in 20/20 cricket, fast, accurate and offers a change up for RHB as a left hander!

As you say the battings got plenty of fire power and the bowling aint look half bad either now. Arafat also a very good T20 bowler, Dernbach/Meaker looking better by the game and Dunn/Linley just ripped Derby apart (and Tremlett for the odd game hopefully!).

If only we had that spinner though!

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrotdude Thu 02 Jun 2011, 10:26 pm

Nannes might be a good man to have around during this tournament to help some of the less experienced 20-20 bowlers with tips and advice on how to go about it, especially someone like Meaker who has the pace but maybe not the control or 'nouse' just yet.

Good start for him today btw.

Carrotdude

Back to top Go down

Post by packofwolves Thu 02 Jun 2011, 11:02 pm

I reckon T20 is going to be Surrey's format this year. Its a very strong line up that you can put out now and a top 5 of RHB, Davies, Roy, Maynard, De Bruyn is fearsome reading!

Best of luck!

packofwolves

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Fri 03 Jun 2011, 1:16 am

Nannes was darned good tonight. Fast, accurate and pitched it up. Three wickets at an economical rate - can't ask for much more than that!

Seemed a decent bloke as well. Not at all aloof, chatting and joking with others in the outfield.

Particularly for the Corporal: I was though horrified to hear Hyphen say in the pre - match interview: ''It's great to have a player of Dirk's calibre in the dressing room''! We want our players on the pitch!!

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down