Revealed! The world's best paid rugby players whose salaries dwarf those even of Leigh Halfpenny and Jamie Roberts

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Revealed! The world's best paid rugby players whose salaries dwarf those even of Leigh Halfpenny and Jamie Roberts

Post by LordDowlais on Wed 17 Feb 2016, 12:41 pm

First topic message reminder :

Christ on a bike, there's some money to be earned in France, and Japan by the looks of things. How are Wasps going to stay under the salary cap if they are going to pay Pocock £1.4 million+ a season ? 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/11300999/Rugbys-rich-list-the-highest-paid-players-in-the-world.html?frame=3576484


the IRFU are paying Sexton and Puitua 500k each a year, that's massive money. I reckon the salary caps in Europe will disappear in time, where is all this money coming from. Shocked

LordDowlais

Posts : 10134
Join date : 2011-05-18
Age : 39
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down


Re: Revealed! The world's best paid rugby players whose salaries dwarf those even of Leigh Halfpenny and Jamie Roberts

Post by wayne on Thu 18 Feb 2016, 7:59 pm

PhilBB wrote:
wayne wrote:
Underhill's contract is held by Bridgend RFC and he plays on contract with us, 2 different organisations. LLandarcy Park holds the contract of NO players.

Bloody hell.

Llandarcy Park (Ospreys) ltd. Company Number 05856104

In 2014 accounts, it notes to employ 102 rugby players.

Wayne, mun, you couldn't have made much more of a completely incorrect claim.
Phil, in the late 1980s, I was working in Slough as an Electrician for a company named Nicholas Laboratories on the Bath Rd, among it's products manufactured was Radox Shower Gel and Radox Powder. Nicholas Labs. was a wholly owned subsidiary of the "SARA LEE CORPORATION". Let me just say that Technically I was an Employee of the SARA LEE CORPORATION, and no doubt in their annual accounts I was counted as such. BUT and it is a big BUT, I never had a contract of employment with said Corporation, my contract was with Nicholas Labs, when I had a very serious accident I sued Nicholas NOT SARA LEE.

Sam Underhill's contract is with Bridgend RFC and plays on permit with the Ospreys, as has been verified on numerous news outlets as well as coaches and staff of the Ospreys.

Tomorrows game we have 4 NWQ players in the squad Englebrecht, Hassler, Leonard and Matavesi, with 2 Time servers Fia and Bernardo and one Underhill as a non contract permit player.

Obviously what is grating you is the fact that even though Sam is studying at Cardiff University, and the travelling factor would be greatly enhanced if he played with the "Blues", but as he said on Ospreys TV today, his rugby education would be enhanced further down the M4.

wayne

Posts : 2659
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Revealed! The world's best paid rugby players whose salaries dwarf those even of Leigh Halfpenny and Jamie Roberts

Post by wayne on Thu 18 Feb 2016, 8:06 pm

PhilBB wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

If we were to go for an Anglo/Welsh league, which I am not saying we should by the way, but if we did, I think we should scrap the regions and go back to the clubs.

That would only affect the Ospreys and there is no need to change them.
I'm pleased you've admitted we are the "ONE TRUE REGION" as the others are "only clubs".

See what I did there STONE

wayne

Posts : 2659
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Revealed! The world's best paid rugby players whose salaries dwarf those even of Leigh Halfpenny and Jamie Roberts

Post by Stone Motif on Thu 18 Feb 2016, 8:17 pm

wayne wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

If we were to go for an Anglo/Welsh league, which I am not saying we should by the way, but if we did, I think we should scrap the regions and go back to the clubs.

That would only affect the Ospreys and there is no need to change them.
I'm pleased you've admitted we are the "ONE TRUE REGION" as the others are "only clubs".

See what I did there STONE

Yep. Ignored the fact that as you are 67% identical to the old Swansea, hence the old club in all but name. Again.

Stone Motif

Posts : 1884
Join date : 2012-03-26
Location : Gwent Region

Back to top Go down

Re: Revealed! The world's best paid rugby players whose salaries dwarf those even of Leigh Halfpenny and Jamie Roberts

Post by Kingshu on Thu 18 Feb 2016, 8:30 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Kingshu, it is generally a case of nostalgia with a number of people when talk about the pre-regional days.  They remember the big event days, and forget the horrid weather dead rubber games.  The regions have not had many of the real big event days,  we have all had one or two of them, so people seem to focus on the crappy aspects instead like a silly kickoff time on a Friday (to allow people to still see RWC matches etc) instead.

I think the Welsh will only really start fully embracing the Pro 12 when Welsh teams either do well in Europe, (like a Scarlets V Ospreys semi final in Cardiff) or two Welsh teams make the Pro 12 grand final.

A lot of Welsh fans remember the heyday when they could have be said to be the best clubs in the World, or they were regularly winning, Cardiff, Newport, Neath, Swansea Llanelli etc were winning silverware regularly, apart from Ospreys its been a long wait for any silverware or being close to it, which is not in the fans of the old clubs expectations. I'm sure old fans of the clubs were used to seeing their side winning a lot more games in a season than losing, and it must be hard to watch now as they have a higher losing %, and hence puts them off the region.

Where as teams that have increased their winning % have become more popular,
Glasgow average attendance last year was about 6000 whereas 10/11 it was about 2400, so more than doubled
Connacht last year average attendance last year was about 5000 whereas 10/11 it was about 1700

Attendance for Welsh teams has increased but a all Welsh final or RCC semi final would be a real boost to acceptance of the regions.

Kingshu

Posts : 3116
Join date : 2011-05-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Revealed! The world's best paid rugby players whose salaries dwarf those even of Leigh Halfpenny and Jamie Roberts

Post by wayne on Thu 18 Feb 2016, 8:31 pm

Stone Motif wrote:
wayne wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

If we were to go for an Anglo/Welsh league, which I am not saying we should by the way, but if we did, I think we should scrap the regions and go back to the clubs.

That would only affect the Ospreys and there is no need to change them.
I'm pleased you've admitted we are the "ONE TRUE REGION" as the others are "only clubs".

See what I did there STONE

Yep. Ignored the fact that as you are 67% identical to the old Swansea, hence the old club in all but name. Again.
So 66.66% Swansea, 33.33% Others WITHIN THE REGION, better than 50% Newport Rfc and 50% OUTSIDE THE REGION, and your hero has admitted we are the "ONE TRUE REGION" so that should help your cause.

wayne

Posts : 2659
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Revealed! The world's best paid rugby players whose salaries dwarf those even of Leigh Halfpenny and Jamie Roberts

Post by Notch on Thu 18 Feb 2016, 9:43 pm

Guys all the Welsh bickering over the regions is becoming very adversarial in nature. I totally understand that the way the regionalisation process was handled in Wales remains a very open wound for many, and its a very divisive topic, but it's probably best to try and keep the discussion calm. Ultimately no-one is going to be made to see the other side by being told off or shouted at, and being patronising or taking the mick out of someone is equally counter-productive. If you're never going to see eye to eye on this issue thats fine, but both sides should try and avoid making it personal

Notch
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 25635
Join date : 2011-02-10
Age : 28
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: Revealed! The world's best paid rugby players whose salaries dwarf those even of Leigh Halfpenny and Jamie Roberts

Post by PhilBB on Thu 18 Feb 2016, 10:36 pm

Munchkin wrote:

There you go twisting and turning in a silly attempt to dig yourself out. The point you make about either side not being provable is nonsense. The proof is all there in front of you, but you can't acknowledge it as you would then lose face. Not that you're not with your line of argument. Just about everyone in the rugby world knows that the French spending power, buying in imports, has driven wage inflation. Everyone bar you that is.

Your last little snipe is a hit and a miss. What on earth are you babbling about? Also, if your xenophobic distortion of language is meant to offend, you have failed. It does nothing other than make you appear petty and juvenile.

You have no proof for this wage inflation, just supposition.

To use the word "xenophobic" and then to go on to write "petty and juvenile" speaks volumes of your mentality. It seems that you've conflated a dislike of the structure of Irish rugby with a dislike of the Irish people.


PhilBB

Posts : 3515
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Revealed! The world's best paid rugby players whose salaries dwarf those even of Leigh Halfpenny and Jamie Roberts

Post by PhilBB on Thu 18 Feb 2016, 10:44 pm

wayne wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
wayne wrote:
Underhill's contract is held by Bridgend RFC and he plays on contract with us, 2 different organisations. LLandarcy Park holds the contract of NO players.

Bloody hell.

Llandarcy Park (Ospreys) ltd. Company Number 05856104

In 2014 accounts, it notes to employ 102 rugby players.

Wayne, mun, you couldn't have made much more of a completely incorrect claim.
Phil, in the late 1980s, I was working in Slough as an Electrician for a company named Nicholas Laboratories on the Bath Rd, among it's products manufactured was Radox Shower Gel and Radox Powder. Nicholas Labs. was a wholly owned subsidiary of the "SARA LEE CORPORATION". Let me just say that Technically I was an Employee of the SARA LEE CORPORATION, and no doubt in their annual accounts I was counted as such. BUT and it is a big BUT, I never had a contract of employment with said Corporation, my contract was with Nicholas Labs, when I had a very serious accident I sued Nicholas NOT SARA LEE.

Sam Underhill's contract is with Bridgend RFC and plays on permit with the Ospreys, as has been verified on numerous news outlets as well as coaches and staff of the Ospreys.

Tomorrows game we have 4 NWQ players in the squad Englebrecht, Hassler, Leonard and Matavesi, with 2 Time servers Fia and Bernardo and one Underhill as a non contract permit player.

Obviously what is grating you is the fact that even though Sam is studying at Cardiff University, and the travelling factor would be greatly enhanced if he played with the "Blues", but as he said on Ospreys TV today, his rugby education would be enhanced further down the M4.

You're very confused.

Underhill's REGISTRATION with the WRU is held by Bridgend RFC. His contract of employment is with Llandarcy Park (Ospreys) ltd, as with all Bridgend players.

You claimed that Llandarcy Park holds the contract of NO players. The accounts prove you wrong, 102 times. At least have the grace to acknowledge that glaring error.

Bridgend Ravens Rugby ltd (Company Number 05498406) accounts show that no salaries are paid, therefore no contracts held (as per Companies Act 2006), proving that Underhill is an employee of Llandarcy Park (Ospreys) Ltd.

Therefore, just to confirm, you are 100% wrong.

As for Underhill playing for Cardiff or not, that's completely irrelevant and a diversion tactic a 6 year old could spot.

So, in summary, legal documents prove you to be 100% wrong. Sorry about that. Question is, will you acknowledge it?

PhilBB

Posts : 3515
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Revealed! The world's best paid rugby players whose salaries dwarf those even of Leigh Halfpenny and Jamie Roberts

Post by PhilBB on Thu 18 Feb 2016, 10:45 pm

wayne wrote:
I'm pleased you've admitted we are the "ONE TRUE REGION" as the others are "only clubs".

See what I did there STONE

If your definition of a REGION is 67% owned by the chaps who owned Swansea RFC in 2003, so be it.

Seems a rather odd definition, mind you, but whatever floats your boat.

PhilBB

Posts : 3515
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Revealed! The world's best paid rugby players whose salaries dwarf those even of Leigh Halfpenny and Jamie Roberts

Post by Cardiff Dave on Thu 18 Feb 2016, 10:46 pm

Love the red pen. Takes me back to a happier place.

Cardiff Dave

Posts : 5984
Join date : 2011-11-29
Location : Cardiff reejun

Back to top Go down

Re: Revealed! The world's best paid rugby players whose salaries dwarf those even of Leigh Halfpenny and Jamie Roberts

Post by PhilBB on Thu 18 Feb 2016, 10:46 pm

wayne wrote:
So 66.66% Swansea, 33.33% Others WITHIN THE REGION, better than 50% Newport Rfc and 50% OUTSIDE THE REGION, and your hero has admitted we are the "ONE TRUE REGION" so that should help your cause.

No, Wayne, it's 33% other individuals.

PhilBB

Posts : 3515
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Revealed! The world's best paid rugby players whose salaries dwarf those even of Leigh Halfpenny and Jamie Roberts

Post by Munchkin on Thu 18 Feb 2016, 10:47 pm

PhilBB wrote:
Munchkin wrote:

There you go twisting and turning in a silly attempt to dig yourself out. The point you make about either side not being provable is nonsense. The proof is all there in front of you, but you can't acknowledge it as you would then lose face. Not that you're not with your line of argument. Just about everyone in the rugby world knows that the French spending power, buying in imports, has driven wage inflation. Everyone bar you that is.

Your last little snipe is a hit and a miss. What on earth are you babbling about? Also, if your xenophobic distortion of language is meant to offend, you have failed. It does nothing other than make you appear petty and juvenile.

You have no proof for this wage inflation, just supposition.

To use the word "xenophobic" and then to go on to write "petty and juvenile" speaks volumes of your mentality. It seems that you've conflated a dislike of the structure of Irish rugby with a dislike of the Irish people.


It isn't supposition. The proof is there for all to see, but the willingly blind. You're like a kid.

You obviously don't understand the word 'xenophobic', as your sentence makes no sense at all. I mean, what relation is there between 'xenophobic', and my then telling you that your behaviour is both petty and juvenile......because of your xenophobic comments? For someone who makes the lofty claim of educating the rest of us on here, you're not the brightest.

What on earth does mocking the Irish by distorting their use of language have to do with Irish rugby? Are you so thick that you think your lame excuse will be accepted? Scratch that, I don't want an answer.

Notch, sorry, but I'm done chatting to this numpty, and won't reply to any more of his BS on this thread.


Last edited by Munchkin on Thu 18 Feb 2016, 10:48 pm; edited 2 times in total

Munchkin

Posts : 6621
Join date : 2012-11-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Revealed! The world's best paid rugby players whose salaries dwarf those even of Leigh Halfpenny and Jamie Roberts

Post by PhilBB on Thu 18 Feb 2016, 10:47 pm

Notch wrote:Guys all the Welsh bickering over the regions is becoming very adversarial in nature. I totally understand that the way the regionalisation process was handled in Wales remains a very open wound for many, and its a very divisive topic, but it's probably best to try and keep the discussion calm. Ultimately no-one is going to be made to see the other side by being told off or shouted at, and being patronising or taking the mick out of someone is equally counter-productive. If you're never going to see eye to eye on this issue thats fine, but both sides should try and avoid making it personal

Does this red pen effort extend to claims of xenophobic language and such like? Or just to the Welsh?

PhilBB

Posts : 3515
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Revealed! The world's best paid rugby players whose salaries dwarf those even of Leigh Halfpenny and Jamie Roberts

Post by PhilBB on Thu 18 Feb 2016, 10:49 pm

Munchkin wrote:

It isn't supposition. The proof is there for all to see, but the willingly blind. Your like a kid.

You obviously don't understand the word 'xenophobic', as you sentence makes no sense at all. I mean, what relation is there between 'xenophobic', and my then telling you that your behaviour is both petty and juvenile......because of your xenophobic comments? For someone who makes the lofty claim of educating the rest of us on here, you're not the brightest.

What on earth does mocking the Irish by distorting their use of language have to do with Irish rugby? Are you so thick that you think your lame excuse will be accepted? Scratch that, I don't want an answer.

Notch, sorry, but I'm done chatting to this numpty, and won't reply to any more of his BS on this thread.

As there is no xenophobic language, you're petty and juvenile for claiming that there is. I'm amazed that I had to write something so obvious.

Thanks for the abuse. I believe that you would call your reply 'running away' judging by the equally petter and juvenile claim you made earlier in this thread.

PhilBB

Posts : 3515
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Revealed! The world's best paid rugby players whose salaries dwarf those even of Leigh Halfpenny and Jamie Roberts

Post by carpet baboon on Thu 18 Feb 2016, 10:58 pm

Phil how you been?. I'm just back from a lovely meal with the wife. Great it was. See your still digging. Keep at it son. You will get there soon.

carpet baboon

Posts : 1031
Join date : 2014-05-08
Location : Midlands

Back to top Go down

Re: Revealed! The world's best paid rugby players whose salaries dwarf those even of Leigh Halfpenny and Jamie Roberts

Post by PhilBB on Thu 18 Feb 2016, 10:58 pm

carpet baboon wrote:Phil how you been?. I'm just back from a lovely meal with the wife. Great it was. See your still digging. Keep at it son. You will get there soon.

Cheers, Champ.

PhilBB

Posts : 3515
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Revealed! The world's best paid rugby players whose salaries dwarf those even of Leigh Halfpenny and Jamie Roberts

Post by carpet baboon on Thu 18 Feb 2016, 11:03 pm

I'm here for you bro

carpet baboon

Posts : 1031
Join date : 2014-05-08
Location : Midlands

Back to top Go down

Re: Revealed! The world's best paid rugby players whose salaries dwarf those even of Leigh Halfpenny and Jamie Roberts

Post by PhilBB on Thu 18 Feb 2016, 11:10 pm

carpet baboon wrote:I'm here for you bro

And, at 23:10, not your wife, it seems. What a trooper.

PhilBB

Posts : 3515
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Revealed! The world's best paid rugby players whose salaries dwarf those even of Leigh Halfpenny and Jamie Roberts

Post by Notch on Thu 18 Feb 2016, 11:24 pm

PhilBB wrote:Does this red pen effort extend to claims of xenophobic language and such like? Or just to the Welsh?

The reason that argument was singled out is that this forum is 99% reactively modded, and that is an ongoing argument that has been reported to us many times over a large number of threads whereas this argument has barely generated any reports at all.

But for the record, the advice is equally applicable to any profound disagreement and I would be of the view that you and your playmates are wasting each others time just as profoundly. And it's not like this discussion started off politely and devolved into being personal, it started off personal. As far as those claims go, you're very capable of changing the way people react to you. So long as you examine what it is in the way you conduct yourself online that provokes those reactions, and you're honest about it, you can change the way people talk to you. Even if someone throws some shade at you, you've no need to retaliate and vice versa. No need for any mods or admins to involve themselves if neither side is reporting posts or complaining to the mods though.

Notch
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 25635
Join date : 2011-02-10
Age : 28
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: Revealed! The world's best paid rugby players whose salaries dwarf those even of Leigh Halfpenny and Jamie Roberts

Post by RiscaGame on Fri 19 Feb 2016, 6:17 am

What is a region? Because the one true one has postponed a game on a whim, but the most confused one never has. Bit awkward that the one true couldn't find a prop for a game, despite being the one true region. Even the one that has no clear identity has never done that.

RiscaGame

Posts : 1001
Join date : 2016-01-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Revealed! The world's best paid rugby players whose salaries dwarf those even of Leigh Halfpenny and Jamie Roberts

Post by PhilBB on Fri 19 Feb 2016, 8:11 am

Notch wrote:
PhilBB wrote:Does this red pen effort extend to claims of xenophobic language and such like? Or just to the Welsh?

The reason that argument was singled out is that this forum is 99% reactively modded, and that is an ongoing argument that has been reported to us many times over a large number of threads whereas this argument has barely generated any reports at all.

But for the record, the advice is equally applicable to any profound disagreement and I would be of the view that you and your playmates are wasting each others time just as profoundly. And it's not like this discussion started off politely and devolved into being personal, it started off personal. As far as those claims go, you're very capable of changing the way people react to you. So long as you examine what it is in the way you conduct yourself online that provokes those reactions, and you're honest about it, you can change the way people talk to you. Even if someone throws some shade at you, you've no need to retaliate and vice versa.  No need for any mods or admins to involve themselves if neither side is reporting posts or complaining to the mods though.

Has anybody honestly complained about a single post in this thread?

PhilBB

Posts : 3515
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Revealed! The world's best paid rugby players whose salaries dwarf those even of Leigh Halfpenny and Jamie Roberts

Post by Notch on Fri 19 Feb 2016, 8:17 am

It's not for us to divulge what people say to the mods or admins in the public section of the forum.

Notch
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 25635
Join date : 2011-02-10
Age : 28
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: Revealed! The world's best paid rugby players whose salaries dwarf those even of Leigh Halfpenny and Jamie Roberts

Post by PhilBB on Fri 19 Feb 2016, 8:35 am

Notch wrote:It's not for us to divulge what people say to the mods or admins in the public section of the forum.

Fair enough.

Back to the topic in hand, Google is not my friend when it comes to the terms of this Ulster and Kukri deal that you mentioned would make £1m over 2 years 'a small fraction of that'.

Could you point me in some kind of the right direction? Do I need to look for JD Sports, for example?

PhilBB

Posts : 3515
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Revealed! The world's best paid rugby players whose salaries dwarf those even of Leigh Halfpenny and Jamie Roberts

Post by Pete330v2 on Fri 19 Feb 2016, 11:12 am

PhilBB wrote:
Notch wrote:It's not for us to divulge what people say to the mods or admins in the public section of the forum.

Fair enough.

Back to the topic in hand, Google is not my friend when it comes to the terms of this Ulster and Kukri deal that you mentioned would make £1m over 2 years 'a small fraction of that'.

Could you point me in some kind of the right direction? Do I need to look for JD Sports, for example?

Seriously?
Have you absolutely nothing to do?

Pete330v2

Posts : 2334
Join date : 2012-05-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Revealed! The world's best paid rugby players whose salaries dwarf those even of Leigh Halfpenny and Jamie Roberts

Post by PhilBB on Fri 19 Feb 2016, 12:46 pm

Pete330v2 wrote:
Seriously?
Have you absolutely nothing to do?

I'm quite interested by how a kit deal means that £1m over 2 years is a 'small fraction' of the deal. I'm sorry if that offends you.

Here's hoping for a lead on this, or a clue, or some substance to the claim either way.

PhilBB

Posts : 3515
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Revealed! The world's best paid rugby players whose salaries dwarf those even of Leigh Halfpenny and Jamie Roberts

Post by Griff on Fri 19 Feb 2016, 1:50 pm

Pete330v2 wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
Notch wrote:It's not for us to divulge what people say to the mods or admins in the public section of the forum.

Fair enough.

Back to the topic in hand, Google is not my friend when it comes to the terms of this Ulster and Kukri deal that you mentioned would make £1m over 2 years 'a small fraction of that'.

Could you point me in some kind of the right direction? Do I need to look for JD Sports, for example?

Seriously?
Have you absolutely nothing to do?

Did someone really just ask that on an internet forum?! That could be leveled at pretty much everyone on here who spend hours debating rubbish when we could be saving the world!

Griff

Posts : 5801
Join date : 2011-06-03
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Re: Revealed! The world's best paid rugby players whose salaries dwarf those even of Leigh Halfpenny and Jamie Roberts

Post by Notch on Fri 19 Feb 2016, 2:07 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:Love the red pen. Takes me back to a happier place.

Me too zen

Notch
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 25635
Join date : 2011-02-10
Age : 28
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: Revealed! The world's best paid rugby players whose salaries dwarf those even of Leigh Halfpenny and Jamie Roberts

Post by Notch on Fri 19 Feb 2016, 2:08 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:Love the red pen. Takes me back to a happier place.

Me too zen

Notch
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 25635
Join date : 2011-02-10
Age : 28
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: Revealed! The world's best paid rugby players whose salaries dwarf those even of Leigh Halfpenny and Jamie Roberts

Post by Pete330v2 on Fri 19 Feb 2016, 3:34 pm

Griff wrote:
Pete330v2 wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
Notch wrote:It's not for us to divulge what people say to the mods or admins in the public section of the forum.

Fair enough.

Back to the topic in hand, Google is not my friend when it comes to the terms of this Ulster and Kukri deal that you mentioned would make £1m over 2 years 'a small fraction of that'.

Could you point me in some kind of the right direction? Do I need to look for JD Sports, for example?

Seriously?
Have you absolutely nothing to do?

Did someone really just ask that on an internet forum?!  That could be leveled at pretty much everyone on here who spend hours debating rubbish when we could be saving the world!

I pop in every once in a while. Do you actually sit on here debating for hours Griff? If that's the case please refer to my previous query Smile

Pete330v2

Posts : 2334
Join date : 2012-05-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Revealed! The world's best paid rugby players whose salaries dwarf those even of Leigh Halfpenny and Jamie Roberts

Post by doctor_grey on Fri 19 Feb 2016, 6:14 pm

Griff wrote:
Pete330v2 wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
Notch wrote:It's not for us to divulge what people say to the mods or admins in the public section of the forum.

Fair enough.

Back to the topic in hand, Google is not my friend when it comes to the terms of this Ulster and Kukri deal that you mentioned would make £1m over 2 years 'a small fraction of that'.

Could you point me in some kind of the right direction? Do I need to look for JD Sports, for example?

Seriously?
Have you absolutely nothing to do?

Did someone really just ask that on an internet forum?!  That could be leveled at pretty much everyone on here who spend hours debating rubbish when we could be saving the world!
I thought this was our recreation whilst taking our breaks from saving the world. The only problem is this is a big world and there are only a few of us. And, everyone else are out to get us.

doctor_grey

Posts : 7675
Join date : 2011-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Revealed! The world's best paid rugby players whose salaries dwarf those even of Leigh Halfpenny and Jamie Roberts

Post by Griff on Fri 19 Feb 2016, 6:24 pm

Pete330v2 wrote:
Griff wrote:
Pete330v2 wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
Notch wrote:It's not for us to divulge what people say to the mods or admins in the public section of the forum.

Fair enough.

Back to the topic in hand, Google is not my friend when it comes to the terms of this Ulster and Kukri deal that you mentioned would make £1m over 2 years 'a small fraction of that'.

Could you point me in some kind of the right direction? Do I need to look for JD Sports, for example?

Seriously?
Have you absolutely nothing to do?

Did someone really just ask that on an internet forum?!  That could be leveled at pretty much everyone on here who spend hours debating rubbish when we could be saving the world!

I pop in every once in a while. Do you actually sit on here debating for hours Griff? If that's the case please refer to my previous query Smile

2033 posts from you Pete. That's more than just popping in! Soon adds up. I do spend more time reading than posting to be honest and I'm up to 5000 plus, but it is probably time wasted. Procrastination at its best.

Just looked at Notch: over 24,000 posts! Yikes!

Griff

Posts : 5801
Join date : 2011-06-03
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Re: Revealed! The world's best paid rugby players whose salaries dwarf those even of Leigh Halfpenny and Jamie Roberts

Post by Notch on Fri 19 Feb 2016, 8:25 pm

Griff wrote:
Just looked at Notch: over 24,000 posts! Yikes!

Laugh

Right?! The thing is, I'm only here because I have so damn much to do and this is my way of not doing it!

But yeah, 24,000 posts and I regret nothing zen

Notch
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 25635
Join date : 2011-02-10
Age : 28
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: Revealed! The world's best paid rugby players whose salaries dwarf those even of Leigh Halfpenny and Jamie Roberts

Post by Griff on Fri 19 Feb 2016, 8:32 pm

Notch wrote:
Griff wrote:
Just looked at Notch: over 24,000 posts! Yikes!

Laugh

Right?! The thing is, I'm only here because I have so damn much to do and this is my way of not doing it!

But yeah, 24,000 posts and I regret nothing zen

Good man. We wouldn't be here if we didn't like it, so not really time wasting I suppose. Although my employers might disagree!

Griff

Posts : 5801
Join date : 2011-06-03
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Re: Revealed! The world's best paid rugby players whose salaries dwarf those even of Leigh Halfpenny and Jamie Roberts

Post by Rory_Gallagher on Fri 19 Feb 2016, 8:32 pm

Sometimes the best way to spend time is to waste time!

Rory_Gallagher

Posts : 9877
Join date : 2011-09-18
Age : 24
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: Revealed! The world's best paid rugby players whose salaries dwarf those even of Leigh Halfpenny and Jamie Roberts

Post by Pete330v2 on Fri 19 Feb 2016, 8:32 pm

Griff wrote:
Pete330v2 wrote:
Griff wrote:
Pete330v2 wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
Notch wrote:It's not for us to divulge what people say to the mods or admins in the public section of the forum.

Fair enough.

Back to the topic in hand, Google is not my friend when it comes to the terms of this Ulster and Kukri deal that you mentioned would make £1m over 2 years 'a small fraction of that'.

Could you point me in some kind of the right direction? Do I need to look for JD Sports, for example?

Seriously?
Have you absolutely nothing to do?

Did someone really just ask that on an internet forum?!  That could be leveled at pretty much everyone on here who spend hours debating rubbish when we could be saving the world!

I pop in every once in a while. Do you actually sit on here debating for hours Griff? If that's the case please refer to my previous query Smile

2033 posts from you Pete. That's more than just popping in! Soon adds up. I do spend more time reading than posting to be honest and I'm up to 5000 plus, but it is probably time wasted. Procrastination at its best.

Just looked at Notch: over 24,000 posts! Yikes!

You're wrong Griff. I think you'll find it's 2034 posts by me Smile
I have to admit I post far too much when I should be working very hard.

Pete330v2

Posts : 2334
Join date : 2012-05-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Revealed! The world's best paid rugby players whose salaries dwarf those even of Leigh Halfpenny and Jamie Roberts

Post by Notch on Fri 19 Feb 2016, 8:39 pm

Griff wrote:
Good man. We wouldn't be here if we didn't like it, so not really time wasting I suppose. Although my employers might disagree!

Since becoming a mod, I suspect some people really don't like being here. Everyone's getting something from it, but some people are addicted to being angry or outraged or they go looking for fights- I guess that gives you some sort of outlet but its not necessarily healthy either.

People are complex and times are hard. Lot of people in the UK are in crap jobs that are basically meaningless, or out of work, or one missed pay check from running into financial problems. You can't be too harsh on certain people because fighting on the internet makes gives them an outlet for stress they have in their everyday lives, but it can really become tough and tiring when you're getting e-mails every time it happens and you're expected to 'sort it out'. I had to turn notifications from the site off because I just didn't want it getting into my life that much. When I'm on here, fine, but in my own time I can't be having all that negativity bleed into my real life. It's just not worth it!


Last edited by Notch on Fri 19 Feb 2016, 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Notch
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 25635
Join date : 2011-02-10
Age : 28
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: Revealed! The world's best paid rugby players whose salaries dwarf those even of Leigh Halfpenny and Jamie Roberts

Post by Notch on Fri 19 Feb 2016, 8:39 pm

Rory_Gallagher wrote:Sometimes the best way to spend time is to waste time!

guinness

Notch
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 25635
Join date : 2011-02-10
Age : 28
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: Revealed! The world's best paid rugby players whose salaries dwarf those even of Leigh Halfpenny and Jamie Roberts

Post by Griff on Fri 19 Feb 2016, 8:50 pm

Notch wrote:
Griff wrote:
Good man. We wouldn't be here if we didn't like it, so not really time wasting I suppose. Although my employers might disagree!

Since becoming a mod, I suspect some people really don't like being here. Everyone's getting something from it, but some people are addicted to being angry or outraged or they go looking for fights- I guess that gives you some sort of outlet but its not necessarily healthy either.

People are complex and times are hard. Lot of people in the UK are in crap jobs that are basically meaningless, or out of work, or one missed pay check from running into financial problems. You can't be too harsh on certain people because fighting on the internet makes gives them an outlet for stress they have in their everyday lives, but it can really become tough and tiring when you're getting e-mails every time it happens and you're expected to 'sort it out'. I had to turn notifications from the site off because I just didn't want it getting into my life that much. When I'm on here, fine, but in my own time I can't be having all that negativity bleed into my real life. It's just not worth it!


I find myself getting dragged into arguments that are really not worth it, like trying to argue why they should not scrap the Dragons! Defending their honour. As if it would be decided on 606 anyway!

I actually had an approx 6 month break last year. Started during the 6N after I reflected on my behaviour/posting. I was finding that I would be going on 606 just to try to fight Wales' corner during the inevitable wumming, non-events, ref decision discussions and the usual off topic stuff brought up to bring shame on a nation's and its posters! I took a step back and thought "what are you doing?! This is pointless". Try not to get as involved now but find myself unable to leave things at times.

Griff

Posts : 5801
Join date : 2011-06-03
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Re: Revealed! The world's best paid rugby players whose salaries dwarf those even of Leigh Halfpenny and Jamie Roberts

Post by Notch on Fri 19 Feb 2016, 8:57 pm

Same as that for me Griff. Course, you've got to realise that letting it go by takes more character and strength than jumping in all guns blazing... not that I always manage to take my own advice. Getting angry is easier than laughing it off, especially when people are talking about something that means a lot to you. A break is a good decision sometimes. Life is richer than an internet forum.

In a way it was quite nice that it was a draw between our teams this year because normally after Wales-Ireland match we get inundated with reports and complaints due to gloating/whinging/ref blaming and so on, especially if there is a controversial decision or a bit of argy-bargy from either team, but with a draw... nobody knew what to do! Moderators dream result Wink

Notch
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 25635
Join date : 2011-02-10
Age : 28
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: Revealed! The world's best paid rugby players whose salaries dwarf those even of Leigh Halfpenny and Jamie Roberts

Post by Griff on Fri 19 Feb 2016, 9:13 pm

Ha ha! Yes, I suppose it was from a mods point of view!

Not sure the match was without controversy though? What are you talking about Notch? Do you even watch rugby??? You're deluded! The ref cheated! The fans booed. Ireland isn't even a country!!! I've been to Ireland on holiday and it rained every day!!! Etc., etc. ...... What were we arguing about again?! Oh yeah, the match..... Run


Griff

Posts : 5801
Join date : 2011-06-03
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Re: Revealed! The world's best paid rugby players whose salaries dwarf those even of Leigh Halfpenny and Jamie Roberts

Post by Notch on Fri 19 Feb 2016, 9:22 pm

Hahaha, jeez we were getting on so well too! Don't make me get the red pen out! Laugh

Notch
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 25635
Join date : 2011-02-10
Age : 28
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: Revealed! The world's best paid rugby players whose salaries dwarf those even of Leigh Halfpenny and Jamie Roberts

Post by Pot Hale on Sun 21 Feb 2016, 5:58 pm

So it's true then. Someone is paid more than Leigh Halfpenny.

I knew it!

Pot Hale

Posts : 4630
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 54
Location : Dublhkining

Back to top Go down

Re: Revealed! The world's best paid rugby players whose salaries dwarf those even of Leigh Halfpenny and Jamie Roberts

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:35 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum