The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

+32
Dr Gregory House MD
Fernando
Samo
Dolphin Ziggler
XR
JCmag82
Beer
GSC
Scott is Back
Reaper
Enforcer
Mr Tom
Electric Demon
marty2086
MetalMotty
Y I Man
Ché Guerrero
RinoGattuso
dyrewolfe
Crimey
President Trump
nadeem2099
Brilliant_yep
Conor Anderson
ncfc_Tooze
Adam D
Hero
Gregers
VDT
NickisBHAFC
Kay Fabe
The_Enigma
36 posters

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

News items that dont merit their own thread...thread - Page 18 Empty News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Post by The_Enigma Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:44 am

First topic message reminder :

I totally understand that the majority of you may dislike or have never seen any form of Independent Wrestling so turn a blind eye to it but I truly believe this is such a powerful promo hyping something that we all share here...

This is Mike Quackenbush, founder of Chikara Pro and I quite frankly consider him to be one of the best storytellers in the business. Enjoy.

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

News items that dont merit their own thread...thread - Page 18 Empty Re: News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Post by marty2086 Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:16 pm

Don't think Cornette had that power in ROH, think Aries left because he wanted money they weren't willing to pay

marty2086

Back to top Go down

News items that dont merit their own thread...thread - Page 18 Empty Re: News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Post by Ché Guerrero Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:29 pm

Well he was head booker so would basically amount to not booking Aries anymore

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:29 pm

Fav thing Aries ever did

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:03 pm

Ché Guerrero wrote:Well he was head booker so would basically amount to not booking Aries anymore

Wasn't he booked as champion though up until just before he left ROH?

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Ché Guerrero Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:05 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uqBjTSGwNg&t=8s

Something from Cornettes pov

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:41 am

I can't remember anything about the Cornette situation but I don't think Aries has been in ROH since roughly that time, he was last champion in the Adam Pearce era iirc

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:32 am

Paige update

The woman claims that the two were arguing, with Paige screaming that Del Rio had been “doing coke for two-days straight” and called him “abusive.”
While Paige claimed that she and Patron called the police on the woman after she threw a drink on him, the witness claims that “none of that happened,” adding that Paige screamed, “You’re so abusive to me” to Patron during their argument.
At one point, Patron said, “Check her bag, she’s got all the coke in it, it’s all hers,” the witness claims.
The witness admits to discreetly attempting to take pictures of Paige as she walked and talked on the phone until she was noticed. Paige walked back into the restaurant and then came back out, arguing with a “soaked Patron.” The witness continued, adding that Paige started to yell at Patron, stating “He was soaked and she was saying, ‘You’re such an abusive husband, I hate you. You’ve ruined my life, you’ve ruined my career.’”
In regards to what may have started the argument, the witness stated that Patron said inflammatory comments about one of Paige’s family members, adding “From what I gather, he said something like, ‘I hope your f***ing uncle dies tomorrow, and grabs her wrist because he was mad she was on the phone for so long. They wanted to leave, so he got mad and grabbed her wrist. She got upset and threw water on him and she ran out.”

She's going to be dead within 12 months the way this is going on.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:19 pm

Murder Suicide

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:46 am

The Ryback bullsh!t meter has just blown up.

According to the Big Lie there were plans to put him in there with The Ultimate Warrior for WM30.

Missed a cracker there, fellas!

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:58 am

Warrior could barely wreslte in the mid-late 90's, I would be amazed if WWE stuck him in with Ryback 20 years later. No chance.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:04 am

Would have been my favourite ever match

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:46 am

Talking Smack has been cancelled

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:53 pm

stupidest thing wwe done in a long time til monday anyway

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:56 am

Came across this little gem earlier. Decent viewing if you have an hour to kill.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ché Guerrero Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:25 pm

Fernando wrote:stupidest thing wwe done in a long time til monday anyway

Only out by 6 days when they brought the Great Khali back

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by Ché Guerrero Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:40 pm

Sounds like Davey Richards has left GFW to finish medical school

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:58 pm

Taken from MSN news

An arrest warrant has reportedly been issued for WWE star Paige in regards to an alleged domestic violence incident.

The 24-year-old professional wrestler was involved in an altercation with her boyfriend Alberto Del Rio - who currently competes under the ring name Alberto El Patron for 'IMPACT Wrestling' - at Orlando International Airport in Florida on July 9 and the State Attorney's office has now decided to file battery charges against Paige.

As a result, a warrant has been issued for the arrest of the athlete, whose real name is Saraya-Jade Bevis.

However, the investigation into her boyfriend's conduct at the airport remains ongoing, according to Pro Wrestling Times.

The 40-year-old grappler wrestled in Monterey, Mexico, over the weekend and was accompanied to the event by his girlfriend.

But it remains unclear whether the couple have returned to the United States already.

Under the terms of the WWE's domestic violence policy, Paige - who originally hails from Norwich, England - is now suspended indefinitely.

Paige also faces the prospect of being sacked by WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) if she found guilty of the charges she's facing.

Shortly after the incident occurred, Paige took to her Twitter account to offer her own version of events, claiming that a third party was responsible for the clash.

In a series of tweets, the wrestling star wrote: ''WE got the cops involved. I'm crying cuz I found out bad fam news & a lady tries take a pic. She gets angry throws a drink on @PrideOfMexico

''Please leave us alone. That's it. (sic)''

Meanwhile, one witness recorded audio from the airport in which Alberto - whose real name is Jose Rodriguez - can be heard shouting to call the police.

He says: ''Call the cops. Let's do it. Get the cops.''

Paige is then heard shouting: ''Just stay out of my life. Leave me the f**k alone. I'm trying to get away from you.''

Alberto later says: ''I'm pressing charges against you. You are pressing charges against yourself.''

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:20 am

Mental, the pair of them. Freaks.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:12 pm

Going to riptide wrestling in Brighton tonight. Lots of big names there. Should be great!

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:50 am

I've no doubt Riptide will be great, and I wish I was able to go, but I do wonder how they can afford to get so many big names and how sustainable it is for them.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:56 am

Yeah I'm really surprised. There first show was great, but they only got Oespray booked through luck and he then basically booked Strickland.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:56 am

Summerslam Spoiler:

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:26 am

Fernando wrote:
Summerslam Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:13 am

JBL is leaving the SmackDown commentary team to focus on his charity work.

Good, bullying Kumquat.

#BringBackRanallo

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:01 am

WWE have confirmed the signing of Donovan Dijak to the Performance Centre.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:27 am

Can I have a link to one of his matches please?

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:05 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:Can I have a link to one of his matches please?

Assuming you've got Progress on Demand he wrestles on the New York show, otherwise if you type his name into YouTube you should get a load of matches

Here's one vs Ciampia https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0HnI6RsI_wM

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:08 pm

On Dijak I haven't heard him cut many promos but a guy with his size, look and athleticism if he's halfway decent on the mic he should be a huge star

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:30 am

WWE is bringing back Starrcade as a PPV in November on the Smackdown! brand

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:43 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:WWE is bringing back Starrcade as a PPV in November on the Smackdown! brand

Its not a PPV its just a glorified house show

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:53 pm

Oh really? Have to admit, I didn't actually watch any of the s*** with it. Should have been a PPV, would have generated interest around a B PPV

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:08 pm

Yeah its a Saturday night, think it'll be on the Network but the card is announced already I think

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:57 am

Theres been an exodus of behind the scenes talent at What Culture, with Adams Blampied and Pacitti, Jack King, Sam Driver and 'King' Ross Twedell all leaving at once 'to pursue other products'.

Got to imagine they'll try and start their own YouTube channel without the WhatCulture restrictions, but dont know where this leaves WCPW.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:05 pm

WCPW will probably bite the dust, with youtube ad revenue being minimal they probably can't continue to operate it.

I'd imagine they will either start their own youtube channel or they'll form some sort of uk wrestling tv show. Adam B tweeted a picture with a small 5 surrounded by a big C, which sort of looks like channel 5 logo.

Could Channel 5 be doing a weekly Wrestling show (like wrestletalk but less cringey)?

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:04 am

Batista said he’s been speaking with Vince McMahon regarding a possible return to the #WWE on JR’s podcast. He’s interested in returning to the WWE with a full-time schedule; including House Shows.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:08 am

I was never really into Batista but his heel run in 2010 was brilliant and while his last run didn't do much for him, hearing his thoughts after he left and how he wanted to put DB over made me have a rethink about him

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:36 pm

End of the day the guys a multi-time world champ, future Hall of Famer and one time the very close 2nd biggest babyface in the company. If they're only bringing him back with the purpose to put someone over I dont have a problem with it.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:27 pm

Wonder if they could also tempt the Rock back for a one off match, although it's not a match I'd be overly keen on the thought of two bonafide Hollywood stars going against each other at Wrestlemania is $$$ for Vince.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:47 pm

Given his success in Hollywood these days, it seems strange he would come back especially under a full time schedule and after how critical he was over his last run

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:34 pm

Rumours swirling that Bullet Club/The Elite are looking to run a 10k seat arena in the US

Cody Rhodes didn't confirm anything but said on his twitter they would be 'swinging for the fences' in 2018

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:57 pm

Aslong as they do it in New York, California or Chicago they'll be fine doing 10k if they get Kenny there.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:32 pm

Fernando wrote:Aslong as they do it in New York, California or Chicago they'll be fine doing 10k if they get Kenny there.

I'm not as confident of that as you are Nando bearing in mind ROH's record attendance is 3,500 and TNA's is around 7,000

It's only a rumour obviously so it's not to say they wouldn't run a more modest venue, still I hope whatever they do succeeds as, anything wrestling can do to make money outside of WWE is good for the business as a whole

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:51 pm

If they run it like a PWG show they will be fine Smile Plus just do the same as WWE and lie Laugh

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:21 pm

Anthem seem to have waved the white flag over the broken gimmick.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:14 pm

Samo wrote:Anthem seem to have waved the white flag over the broken gimmick.

Probably didn't seem worth the money in legal fees just to be spiteful

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:57 pm

Texas indie wrestler Jasper Davis arrested for myrder

Rich Swann arrested for assault and kidnapping

Happy Sunday everyone thumbsup

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:52 am

WWE usually stand by talent when they get arrested for various things but those are serious charges. He'll likely be facing jail time if convicted and I doubt WWE will keep him on.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:20 am

EC3 and Lashley leaving Impact and one or both expected in wwe.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:11 am

As discussed on the 5 Nerds Go podcast last week...

EC3 back to Derrick Bateman and back to NXT
Lashley back to the main roster and a perfect opponent for Roman Reigns in the summer.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:36 am

Vince selling 100m worth of shares to start the XFL again for some reason
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next