The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swansea and the Cross of St George

4 posters

Go down

Swansea and the Cross of St George Empty Swansea and the Cross of St George

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Thu 2 Jun 2011 - 20:18

Bonjourno

Firstly, the people of Monza would like to congratulate Swansea for promotion into Premier League. In Italy it would be like Rapid Vienna gaining promotion from Serie B to Serie A. How do fans feels about this?

How would English fans feel if Swansea were English representative in the Champions League or Europa league should they over achieve in their first season like some teams do? With a cross of Saint George next to the Swansea FC name. Would it give English football pride to be represented by a Welsh team?

How would Swansea fans feel being a potential European mascot for English football and not Welsh football?

The people of Monza could not comprehend such a thing in the Italian game. Would it be popular in the English game?

Forza Alonso!
Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Swansea and the Cross of St George Empty Re: Swansea and the Cross of St George

Post by Crimey Thu 2 Jun 2011 - 20:22

I honestly don't think the fact that they're a Welsh team makes a huge amount of difference.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 2 Jun 2011 - 20:38

I don't think most rational people would care to be honest, if Swansea are good enough to be there at the end of the season then good luck to them

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Fri 3 Jun 2011 - 7:11

I think the fact they'e played throughout all the english divisions for so long no one will care as they've earned the right to play there by moving up through the leagues they've done it the right way and people will wish them well in their chance at the big time. It'd be a highly different story if Cltic and Rangers were given the automatic place they sought in the EPL because there would've been nothing earned

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Fri 3 Jun 2011 - 8:25

Celtic and Rangers have no divine right to play in the Premier League. We agree that if they were to enter the English league they would have to start at the foot of the ladder, no matter what television revenue they bring in.

People of Monza say fair play to Swansea for their achievements. We just wondered how people would feel about them potentially flying the flag for English football should they make European qualification next year.
Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 3 Jun 2011 - 11:44

I don't think most people will really be that bothered, it would be more flying for the flag for Britain in my opinion. I know that when I see Champions League results, I tend to naturally hope that Rangers and Celtic will get better results, just because they're a British side.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 3 Jun 2011 - 19:10

If Celtic and/or Rangers joined the Premiership they wouldn't be joining at the foot of English Football, I'd rather we stayed in Scotland and try and rebuild Scottish Football anyway but any Celtic move to the EPL would be at SKY's request

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down