The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eddie Jones - best quotes

5 posters

Go down

Eddie Jones - best quotes Empty Eddie Jones - best quotes

Post by Recwatcher16 Mon 14 Mar 2016, 10:00 am

My current favourite is ;
As I said to the team after the game, we’re a go-at-em team,” said Jones. “We need to be taking the ball to the opposition. We’re not going to be a strangulation team.

That is hugely encouraging and whilst it won't always work, it has to be the way to go.
Folk are banging on how Wales started slowly but their team tactic & structure is to let the opposition have the ball and pressurise mistakes. What this didn't allow for was being dominated at the contact point, leading to fast ball and options. England are far more physical - Ireland couldn't cope with it either.
Regardless of what happens next week, really looking forward to the Oz summer tour - where the real challenge awaits.

Any other quotes ?

Recwatcher16

Back to top Go down

Eddie Jones - best quotes Empty Re: Eddie Jones - best quotes

Post by Poorfour Mon 14 Mar 2016, 11:19 am

The two reported on his squad calls.

To Tom Wood: "You're not in my squad because you're not good enough and you haven't been good enough for two years."

To Jamie George: "I've got good news and bad news. The good news is you're in my squad. The bad news is you're fat."
Poorfour
Poorfour

Back to top Go down

Post by screamingaddabs Mon 14 Mar 2016, 11:38 am

Poorfour wrote:The two reported on his squad calls.

To Tom Wood: "You're not in my squad because you're not good enough and you haven't been good enough for two years."

To Jamie George: "I've got good news and bad news. The good news is you're in my squad. The bad news is you're fat."

Ha! Harsh but fair on both counts I think.
screamingaddabs
screamingaddabs

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Mon 14 Mar 2016, 9:23 pm

Recwatcher16 wrote:My current favourite is ;
As I said to the team after the game, we’re a go-at-em team,” said Jones. “We need to be taking the ball to the opposition. We’re not going to be a strangulation team.

That is hugely encouraging and whilst it won't always work, it has to be the way to go.
Folk are banging on how Wales started slowly but their team tactic & structure is to let the opposition have the ball and pressurise mistakes. What this didn't allow for was being dominated at the contact point, leading to fast ball and options. England are far more physical - Ireland couldn't cope with it either.
Regardless of what happens next week, really looking forward to the Oz summer tour - where the real challenge awaits.

Any other quotes ?

That stink of english arrogance has to spew forth after what has been a terrible 6 Nations so far. To have almost being thrashed in 7 minutes would have been the biggest embarrassment ever, as it is it should still be seen as a HUGE failure on englands part to be caught by Wales in such a humiliating way. You will be destroyed by Australia the way you are playing be assured of that Smile
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by thomh Mon 14 Mar 2016, 9:25 pm

"There's a rumour going round that James Haskell has bad hands. It's not true. He has terrible hands" was a personal favourite.

thomh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down