The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carl Froch checked over in US hospital

+6
Gerflagenflople
Michaels, Sean
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
Rowley
Fists of Fury
Pedro147
10 posters

Go down

Carl Froch checked over in US hospital Empty Carl Froch checked over in US hospital

Post by Pedro147 Fri 03 Jun 2011, 11:08 am

Carl Froch has spent three hours in a United States hospital ahead of his fight with Glen Johnson on Saturday.

The 33-year-old is defending his world super-middleweight title in Atlantic City in a Super Six semi-final.

Froch told BBC Radio Nottingham: "I have just come out of the hospital but it was nothing serious.

"I had a bit of a blocked left eardrum from a couple of punches I took. I think a bit of wax was pushed against the eardrum so I had that cleaned out."

The Nottingham boxer is looking to retain his crown, after winning it for a second time with a unanimous points win over Arthur Abraham in Helsinki in November.

Despite the hospital visit, Froch is keen to allay fears about the seriousness of a problem with his ear.

"I feel unblocked, clear headed and back in balance again, so other than that I feel in tip-top shape and ready for business on Saturday night," he said.

"I feel really good. It is at this stage if you struggle at the weight you start to feel a bit weak and tired, and your legs feel really drained.

"But I have done the weight really well. It is just about fine tuning and I am happy with where I am at.

"There was about two to three hours waiting around and they wouldn't let me go out of there [the hospital] until I filled out the forms.

"[It cost me] a couple of hundred bucks . Everything is a couple of hundred bucks out here, whether you are tipping the valet guy, croupier, concierge or going for a massage.

"I was given a boost to see Glen Johnson running down the beach in the heat with his tracksuit on, sweating, so he's obviously struggling with the weight and shedding some pounds."

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Carl Froch checked over in US hospital Empty Re: Carl Froch checked over in US hospital

Post by Fists of Fury Fri 03 Jun 2011, 11:09 am

Probably should be merged this, as I have mentioned it in the other Froch thread that is up.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Carl Froch checked over in US hospital Empty Re: Carl Froch checked over in US hospital

Post by Rowley Fri 03 Jun 2011, 11:09 am

Everything is a couple of hundred bucks out here, whether you are tipping the valet guy, croupier, concierge or going for a massage.

200 dollars for a massage!! Hope for that money it came with a happy ending

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Fri 03 Jun 2011, 11:13 am

I think froch may be taking Johnson lightly. He says how he is struggling to makethe weight but Johnson had previously said that he runs every day up untill the fight for every fight he's in. If froch takes Johnson lightly I can see a few scares as Johnson holds alot of power.

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Fri 03 Jun 2011, 11:17 am

rowley wrote:Everything is a couple of hundred bucks out here, whether you are tipping the valet guy, croupier, concierge or going for a massage.

200 dollars for a massage!! Hope for that money it came with a happy ending

---------------

And a finger up the bum throughout
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Carl Froch checked over in US hospital Empty Froch in Hospital (story from BBC)

Post by Gerflagenflople Fri 03 Jun 2011, 1:35 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/13638224.stm

Saw this on the BBC website, hopefully it is exactly as he says it is and nothing serious.

Gerflagenflople

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Fri 03 Jun 2011, 1:37 pm

This has already been covered below mate.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Fri 03 Jun 2011, 1:41 pm

Will need to merge this with the existing thread, I'm afraid, Gerflagenflople, but will leave it here for ten minutes so you know where it is.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerflagenflople Fri 03 Jun 2011, 1:49 pm

ok sorry didnt realise some keen eyed slacker had also been on the bbc (and here) instead of working. Smile

Gerflagenflople

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Fri 03 Jun 2011, 2:04 pm

No probs, mate. Will merge it now.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by ian_jamsie Sat 04 Jun 2011, 12:19 pm

He went to private cklinic to have his ear seringed. Big deal.

ian_jamsie

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerflagenflople Sat 04 Jun 2011, 1:31 pm

Yes, if that is indeed the full story.

Gerflagenflople

Back to top Go down

Post by Jukebox Timebomb Sat 04 Jun 2011, 4:33 pm

When his misses starts screaming at him tonight I bet he'll wish he'd never bothered.

Jukebox Timebomb

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 04 Jun 2011, 4:37 pm

If I was him I'd have asked if they can block the other one too.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down