The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ulster v Connacht, 1 April

+9
marty2086
Pete330v2
carpet baboon
rapidsnowman
Pot Hale
Notch
Rory_Gallagher
The Great Aukster
George Carlin
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ulster v Connacht, 1 April Empty Ulster v Connacht, 1 April

Post by George Carlin Tue 29 Mar 2016, 8:41 pm

Ulster v Connacht, 1 April Ulster11           Ulster v Connacht, 1 April Connac11
Ulster Rugby v Connacht Rugby
Friday 1 April 2016
KO: 19:35
Kingspan Stadium

Live on BBC NI and TG4

Referee: Dudley Phillips (IRFU, 61st competition game)
Assistant Referees: Gary Conway, Nigel Correll (both IRFU)
Citing Commissioner: Eugene Ryan (IRFU)
TMO: Brian MacNeice (IRFU)

A. Head to Head

25 Played 25
21 Wins 3
3 Losses 21
1 Draws 1
652 Points 334

B. Form

26/12/15: Connacht Rugby 3 - 10 Ulster Rugby

11/04/15: Connacht Rugby 20 - 27 Ulster Rugby

26/12/14: Ulster Rugby 13 - 10 Connacht Rugby

C. Teams

Ulster Rugby 
Ulster v Connacht, 1 April Ken_br10
(15-9): J Payne, A Trimble, L Marshall, S McCloskey, C Gilroy, P Jackson, R Pienaar
(1-8): C Black, R Best ©, R Lutton, P Browne, F van der Merwe, I Henderson, C Henry, R Wilson.
(16-23): R Herring, K McCall, B Ross, R Diack, S Reidy, P Marshall, S Olding, D Cave.

Connacht Rugby
Ulster v Connacht, 1 April Peter-10
15 Robbie Henshaw
14 Niyi Adeolokun
13 Bundee Aki
12 Peter Robb
11 Matt Healy
10 Shane O’Leary
9 John Cooney

1 Denis Buckley
2 Tom McCartney
3 Rodney Ah You
4 Andrew Browne
5 Aly Muldowney
6 John Muldoon (captain)
7 James Connolly
8 Eoin McKeon

16 Dave Heffernan
17 Ronan Loughney
18 Finlay Bealham
19 Ultan Dillane
20 Sean O’Brien
21 Caolin Blade
22 Cormac Brennan
23 Danie Poolman

Last edited by George Carlin on Fri 01 Apr 2016, 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Ulster v Connacht, 1 April Empty Re: Ulster v Connacht, 1 April

Post by Guest Tue 29 Mar 2016, 9:06 pm

Thanks, George.

This is a game we simply have to win. If not crucial to a top 6 place, then for my nerves.

Connacht are struggling at 10 after injuries, with possibly Shane O’Leary starting for them. Think there is doubt over White's inclusion.

Ulster will be without Williams and O'Connor, which is a real blow, but at least we get Best, Trimble and Payne back from injury. So probably Browne to replace O'Connor in the 2nd row, with Henderson, Henry and Wilson at the back.

Hopefully we play McCloskey and Marshall in the centre, with Payne at 15.

Going to be a very tough game, but I think we will edge it, even with the injuries. I am a wee bit nervous though.

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 30 Mar 2016, 5:26 am

Could you be a sport and conspire to make this a 3-3 draw?

That would help us a lot. Very Happy

But seriously, given how well the rest of the team is playing and will actively support and protect a new, young 10 - how much of a handicap are these injuries, really?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Wed 30 Mar 2016, 1:24 pm

Ulster haven't lost to Connacht at the Hill for over 50 years, so that has to be a record worth fighting for! Newbie or not, if Shane O'Leary is starting I expect the crowd to get on his back.

This is a home game but the pack looks a bit frail with two aggressive guys like Williams and AOC out. Like you Munchkin I want to see Henderson in the backrow but I expect he'll be in at lock with Diack at 6 - Browne on the bench.

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Mar 2016, 3:20 pm

George Carlin wrote:Could you be a sport and conspire to make this a 3-3 draw?

That would help us a lot. Very Happy

But seriously, given how well the rest of the team is playing and will actively support and protect a new, young 10 - how much of a handicap are these injuries, really?

Oh, Ulster could conspire to lose mad

Connacht have proven themselves a team that deal with injuries, seemingly effortlessly. The same can't be said of Ulster. My hope though, is that their issue at 10 does weaken them, and gives us even a slight advantage. It's been reported/rumoured that another 5 Ulster players have reported sick with this virus that has spread through the team. We need every possible advantage we can get, even if they are just straws that I'm desperately clutching on to Erm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Mar 2016, 3:24 pm

The Great Aukster wrote:Ulster haven't lost to Connacht at the Hill for over 50 years, so that has to be a record worth fighting for! Newbie or not, if Shane O'Leary is starting I expect the crowd to get on his back.

This is a home game but the pack looks a bit frail with two aggressive guys like Williams and AOC out. Like you Munchkin I want to see Henderson in the backrow but I expect he'll be in at lock with Diack at 6 - Browne on the bench.

I will be really disappointed if Henderson doesn't start in the backrow. It's where he will be most effective, especially with Williams out. I fear you might be right though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Wed 30 Mar 2016, 8:24 pm

I've seen Hendy have quiet games in the back row (such as last week) and some of his biggest games in the second row. I'm not sure it is as big a difference as people seem to make out. His pace for his size is a luxury either way.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Mar 2016, 9:37 pm

Rory_Gallagher wrote:I've seen Hendy have quiet games in the back row (such as last week) and some of his biggest games in the second row. I'm not sure it is as big a difference as people seem to make out. His pace for his size is a luxury either way.

Can't say I agree, Rory. Henderson was a bit quiet last week, but that was to be expected. He has always looked far more destructive in the backrow to me. Saying that, if he plays 2nd row on Friday, and runs over the top of a few Connacht player, I may revise my opinion Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed 30 Mar 2016, 10:06 pm

We'll see how Henderson gets on as he gets more game time. That was his first game in months- it's ironic, because I think Henderson is a better lock than a 6 and Payne is a better centre than a fullback but we really need them both in their 'other' positions. Especially because Luke Marshall is one of the good news stories in our back line.

A back row of Diack, Henry and Wilson is really lightweight and one paced. And not even that great at the breakdown any more it seems. Henry is playing like a shadow of what he was in 2014, where he was just so dominant at so many breakdowns. We actually miss Nick Williams for his breakdown work when he's absent, which is NOT something I ever thought I would say when we signed him! It seems like all three have gone backwards, Wilson probably has reached the stage of his career where he is slowing up terminally now. We desperately need some physicality and pace in that back row.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Thu 31 Mar 2016, 1:24 am

The fix is in.

Ulster need the win more than Connacht. So Ulster will get the four with an LBP tossed to Connacht.

Leinster will conspire to lose at Lansdowne once again to Munster who also need the points.

That should tighten things up a bit.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 31 Mar 2016, 1:38 am

Can it not be fixed so that Munster finish behind us, but in top 6?

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 31 Mar 2016, 8:47 am

I don't understand what has happened to the Ulster loose forwards and why fans seem to be really down on them at this point of the season. I associated that with being a strength of the team last year.

What's happened? And you fellers are currently top 4. You must have done quite a few things right so far, then?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 31 Mar 2016, 12:17 pm

The Connacht team:

15 Robbie Henshaw
14 Niyi Adeolokun
13 Bundee Aki
12 Peter Robb
11 Matt Healy
10 Shane O’Leary
9 John Cooney

1 Denis Buckley
2 Tom McCartney
3 Rodney Ah You
4 Andrew Browne
5 Aly Muldowney
6 John Muldoon (captain)
7 James Connolly
8 Eoin McKeon

Replacements:

16 Dave Heffernan
17 Ronan Loughney
18 Finlay Bealham
19 Ultan Dillane
20 Sean O’Brien
21 Caolin Blade
22 Cormac Brennan
23 Danie Poolman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 31 Mar 2016, 12:18 pm

It will be interesting to see how Ah You plays against us.

Back to top Go down

Post by rapidsnowman Thu 31 Mar 2016, 12:30 pm

(15-9): J Payne, A Trimble, L Marshall, S McCloskey, C Gilroy, P Jackson, R Pienaar
(1-8): C Black, R Best ©, R Lutton, P Browne, F van der Merwe, I Henderson, C Henry, R Wilson.

(16-23): R Herring, K McCall, B Ross, R Diack, S Reidy, P Marshall, S Olding, D Cave.

Henderson at 6, Les reads 606!

rapidsnowman

Back to top Go down

Post by rapidsnowman Thu 31 Mar 2016, 12:33 pm

A handsome set of backs there.

Probably what most of us armchair experts were wanting to see.

Payne against Henshaw at full back - the 2 Ireland centres Headscratch

rapidsnowman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 31 Mar 2016, 12:34 pm

rapidsnowman wrote:(15-9): J Payne, A Trimble, L Marshall, S McCloskey, C Gilroy, P Jackson, R Pienaar
(1-8): C Black, R Best ©️, R Lutton, P Browne, F van der Merwe, I Henderson, C Henry, R Wilson.

Henderson at 6, Les reads 606!

And Payne to 15 Yahoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Thu 31 Mar 2016, 12:39 pm

rapidsnowman wrote:A handsome set of backs there.

Probably what most of us armchair experts were wanting to see.

Payne against Henshaw at full back - the 2 Ireland centres Headscratch

Yeah, this is rather humorous. They will probably stay at fullback in their respective provinces for the remainder of the season as well. And then be selected to start in the centres for Ireland again. Wink

Anyway, that is a good team. This will certainly be a real test for Luke Marshall at 13. Bundee Aki is an exceptional player.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by carpet baboon Thu 31 Mar 2016, 12:48 pm

Taking about centres in just over a year bundee aki is IQ. Where will he fit in?

carpet baboon

Back to top Go down

Post by rapidsnowman Thu 31 Mar 2016, 12:56 pm

fullback probably!

rapidsnowman

Back to top Go down

Post by carpet baboon Thu 31 Mar 2016, 12:58 pm

rapidsnowman wrote:fullback probably!

Very Happy

carpet baboon

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 31 Mar 2016, 1:05 pm

carpet baboon wrote:Taking about centres in just over a year bundee aki is IQ. Where will he fit in?
I'll look forward to George Hook's tufts of ear hair quivering with rage at the news of another "faaarigner" in the Irish side.

I quite like the challenge of saying O'Aki.

Shows how nutty the competition is for utility backs in New Zealand that Aki may well decide to throw in his lot with Ireland. He's only 25.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by carpet baboon Thu 31 Mar 2016, 1:07 pm

George Carlin wrote:
carpet baboon wrote:Taking about centres in just over a year bundee aki is IQ. Where will he fit in?
I'll look forward to George Hook's tufts of ear hair quivering with rage at the news of another "faaarigner" in the Irish side.

I quite like the challenge of saying O'Aki.

Shows how nutty the competition is for utility backs in New Zealand that Aki may well decide to throw in his lot with Ireland. He's only 25.

He has already stated he would if given the opportunity. Personally I would love to see him in an Ireland shirt.

carpet baboon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Thu 31 Mar 2016, 1:22 pm

George Carlin wrote:I don't understand what has happened to the Ulster loose forwards and why fans seem to be really down on them at this point of the season. I associated that with being a strength of the team last year.

What's happened? And you fellers are currently top 4. You must have done quite a few things right so far, then?

Er... currently 5th - effectively 6th with Glasgow and their game in hand. Ulster have been missing backrow forwards for several seasons since Ferris was forced to retire, Diack turned out to be a bit more Cameron Feather than CJ Stander, and Roger Wilson got a bodybuilding girlfriend.

Having seen the two teams I'm definitely more confident of an Ulster win. I'm hoping that Peter Browne might dovetail with VdM and take some of the ruck pressure away from Henderson to allow him to run at inexperienced 5/8ths. Pleased with the bench too.

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Thu 31 Mar 2016, 1:42 pm

The ingredients are there to make this one cracking contest. I'm slightly more confident now that I've seen that Ulster backline.
Hadn't Aki stated that his aim was to play for Ireland when he first signed with Connacht? Maybe I dreamed it. He's a brilliant centre and as has been stated will probably play 15 under Joe's regime.

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 31 Mar 2016, 1:48 pm

The Great Aukster wrote:
George Carlin wrote:I don't understand what has happened to the Ulster loose forwards and why fans seem to be really down on them at this point of the season. I associated that with being a strength of the team last year.

Er... currently 5th - effectively 6th with Glasgow and their game in hand. Ulster have been missing backrow forwards for several seasons since Ferris was forced to retire, Diack turned out to be a bit more Cameron Feather than CJ Stander, and Roger Wilson got a bodybuilding girlfriend.
All true, actually. What I'm interested in is why Ulster fans do not seem to rate their side as highly as last year when the personnel now seem (to my inexperienced eyes) to be very much the same as last year.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 31 Mar 2016, 3:04 pm

George Carlin wrote:
The Great Aukster wrote:

All true, actually. What I'm interested in is why Ulster fans do not seem to rate their side as highly as last year when the personnel now seem (to my inexperienced eyes) to be very much the same as last year.

I think we complained a lot last season as well Very Happy

Most of our complaints were about a weak backrow, last season. Williams was a liability and Henry's career was in doubt after suffering a mini-stroke. Williams is now playing in the form of his life, but Henry is yet to find the form he was in prior to the mini-stroke. Reidy has really improved, and is probably ahead of Henry right now, bar experience. We're losing Williams, but gaining a world class backrow in Coetzee. Henderson is great in the backrow, but we're never sure if that's where he is going to be played.

I think we're good in the 2nd row. Our main concerns are with depth in the backrow, and the want of a quality TH. Herbst is good, but he has a habit of falling flat on his face, in the scrum. He positions his feet too far back, and the smart teams exploit this. He is still learning his trade though, and will hopefully improve. After Herbst the quality drops considerably, and I don't think Ah You is the answer to the problem. Hopefully I'm wrong, and a new team and different coaching will inspire him to a higher level.

For me, my biggest complaint is that sometimes the forwards behave as if they're not really interested. They're not consistent in performance, and let the side, and the supporters down. This needs addressed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 31 Mar 2016, 3:05 pm

I think the individual players have gone backwards in terms of their own form, except for Williams and Reidy.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 31 Mar 2016, 3:23 pm

Notch wrote:I think the individual players have gone backwards in terms of their own form, except for Williams and Reidy.

I think Williams and Reidy have improved, and I would add McCall to that list. Not sure why he isn't starting more. Maybe to cover TH? I don't think Herring has gone backwards,  but can't say he's gone forwards either. Fatigue might be an issue with some of the players, after such a long run of games, and this virus that seems to be infecting the team might also be a factor.

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Thu 31 Mar 2016, 3:41 pm

Munchkin wrote:I think Williams and Reidy have improved, and I would add McCall to that list. Not sure why he isn't starting more. Maybe to cover TH? I don't think Herring has gone backwards,  but can't say he's gone forwards either. Fatigue might be an issue with some of the players, after such a long run of games, and this virus that seems to be infecting the team might also be a factor.

Is McCall not being protected? After all it is his first full season and had a good run of games at one point

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Marshes Thu 31 Mar 2016, 3:50 pm

Oi you crafty buggers! What happened to this virus that was wiping out your squad? Last I heard they had called for Rory Best's preferred denomination (?) of priest for the last rights! Thought you would struggle to find that 23, looks a pretty strong line-up to me, look at that back-line! There was no virus at all, ye were pulling a fast one I think, there is no way I'll SUFTUM anymore after this boxing

Amyway, this is my least favourite away fixture. As much as I like Ulster, I prefer to admire them from further away. I think there is a risk this could be a game where we ship quite a few and don't get much in return, so I would be happy with a performance and LBP. Big game for Ulster, a performance here might give you the momentum you need for the final four.

Ulster line-up looks strong, I would have been more confident getting something out of the scrum if we had started Bealham instead of Ah You, who was so utterly abject in his last performance he was subbed off despite being a sub. Hope he looks more interested when he is playing for you lot, because he is mentally checked out of here. How have Black and Lutton been?

Backrow battle should be interesting as well, Connacht lads Connolly and McKeon there are young guns but have been reliable this season, and SOB 2.0 of the bench has been solid too. They bring a great abrasiveness of youth with them! Some great set-piece maul operators there too even with Heenan missing.

If we had a full strength set-up I would be confident of challenging more here for the first time in a long time, but with O Halloran, McGinty, Ronaldson, Marmion, Heenan and Masterson all out it is a lot to ask. Only see history repeating itself.

Marshes

Back to top Go down

Post by Marshes Thu 31 Mar 2016, 3:52 pm

Also could you not put pipe-dreams of the blindside in young Henderson's mind, let him focus on the second row, he is needed more there thumbsup

Marshes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 31 Mar 2016, 3:55 pm

marty2086 wrote:
Munchkin wrote:I think Williams and Reidy have improved, and I would add McCall to that list. Not sure why he isn't starting more. Maybe to cover TH? I don't think Herring has gone backwards,  but can't say he's gone forwards either. Fatigue might be an issue with some of the players, after such a long run of games, and this virus that seems to be infecting the team might also be a factor.

Is McCall not being protected? After all it is his first full season and had a good run of games at one point

Could well be, marty. I think he was playing very well though, and in the tough games I think he should start (if not covering TH). As young and inexperienced as he is, he never looks fazed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 31 Mar 2016, 4:29 pm

Marshes wrote:Oi you crafty buggers! What happened to this virus that was wiping out your squad? Last I heard they had called for Rory Best's preferred denomination (?) of priest for the last rights! Thought you would struggle to find that 23, looks a pretty strong line-up to me, look at that back-line! There was no virus at all, ye were pulling a fast one I think, there is no way I'll SUFTUM anymore after this boxing

Amyway, this is my least favourite away fixture. As much as I like Ulster, I prefer to admire them from further away. I think there is a risk this could be a game where we ship quite a few and don't get much in return, so I would be happy with a performance and LBP. Big game for Ulster, a performance here might give you the momentum you need for the final four.

Ulster line-up looks strong, I would have been more confident getting something out of the scrum if we had started Bealham instead of Ah You, who was so utterly abject in his last performance he was subbed off despite being a sub. Hope he looks more interested when he is playing for you lot, because he is mentally checked out of here. How have Black and Lutton been?

Backrow battle should be interesting as well, Connacht lads Connolly and McKeon there are young guns but have been reliable this season, and SOB 2.0 of the bench has been solid too. They bring a great abrasiveness of youth with them! Some great set-piece maul operators there too even with Heenan missing.

If we had a full strength set-up I would be confident of challenging more here for the first time in a long time, but with O Halloran, McGinty, Ronaldson, Marmion, Heenan and Masterson all out it is a lot to ask. Only see history repeating itself.

Please don't take that away from me. It's the straw I cling to in the hope it explains some very poor performances mad

Close to being Ulsters strongest back line. Williams for Wilson, and possibly Reidy for Henry, although it's hard to discount Henry's experience.

Surprised, and delighted, Ah You is starting. Hope he knows he's an Ulsterman now, and do his part for the team Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by carpet baboon Thu 31 Mar 2016, 4:38 pm

Excited about the game. A little less now the wife has informed me the kids are going to the in-laws for the night and were going out, so will be forced to try and avoid the result till the next day.

carpet baboon

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 31 Mar 2016, 5:01 pm

Munchkin wrote:
Notch wrote:I think the individual players have gone backwards in terms of their own form, except for Williams and Reidy.

I think Williams and Reidy have improved, and I would add McCall to that list. Not sure why he isn't starting more. Maybe to cover TH? I don't think Herring has gone backwards,  but can't say he's gone forwards either. Fatigue might be an issue with some of the players, after such a long run of games, and this virus that seems to be infecting the team might also be a factor.

I was talking more about the back row than the pack in general, but yeah Herring, O'Connor and McCall have all been good.

I do think in general we've look fatigued and under the weather in a few recent games and this respiratory virus could be one possible explanation. However I do often feel we come up against packs who are even with us in terms of how you'd assess the individual players and they beat us on work rate and organisation.

I would not be devastated if we hired a new forwards coach at some point.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 31 Mar 2016, 6:09 pm

Notch wrote:
Munchkin wrote:

I was talking more about the back row than the pack in general, but yeah Herring, O'Connor and McCall have all been good.

I do think in general we've look fatigued and under the weather in a few recent games and this respiratory virus could be one possible explanation. However I do often feel we come up against packs who are even with us in terms of how you'd assess the individual players and they beat us on work rate and organisation.

I would not be devastated if we hired a new forwards coach at some point.

Sorry, Notch. Thought you were talking about all our forwards. Very few stand out as improved, with the exception of Williams, Reidy, McCall and O'Connor. The remainder seem to be at a standstill or have regressed.

Think you're right about Clarke. I blame him for Herbst not improving, even when his issue at Scrum seemed obvious, and simple. It's probably true that he held back the likes of O'Connor and McCall as well. Time for a new coach, methinks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Fri 01 Apr 2016, 2:03 pm

Think Ulster can win this with Connacht having their out half crisis, but I think Connacht are the better team this season, and if they have the advantage in the back row.

I think Connacht have the ability to go all the way and actually win the Pro 12, before I was worried about their defence when it comes to the crunch end of the season and they have conceded so many tries, but last weekend against Leinster they but in a defensive display that even the tightest defences in the League would have been proud off.

With an inexperienced out half I can see them using a similar gameplan and running the ball as much as possible and putting in very few kicks (just like against Leinster), if they can put in a another defensive display like last week it will prove they are really contenders and can mix their game up depending on conditions (lots of teams say they do this, very few actually can to a great degree).

Tight when need be, and can score tries for fun, they are a danger.

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Fri 01 Apr 2016, 7:58 pm

We're being very stupid here. Phillips has made his position at the breakdown very clear so we have to adjust and show a bit of shrewdness.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Fri 01 Apr 2016, 8:13 pm

It has to be said though, Phillips is ridiculous at the breakdown. He is ludicrously sharp against any infringement and it is removing any chance of continuity in the game. Please allow a bit of rugby, for goodness sake.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Fri 01 Apr 2016, 8:16 pm

Never mind, these sides don't know how to play rugby it seems. picard

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by neilthom7 Fri 01 Apr 2016, 8:25 pm

Rory_Gallagher wrote:Never mind, these sides don't know how to play rugby it seems. picard

It's sort of like Heisenberg's theory they can know when to play rugby or how to play rugby but not both at the same time

neilthom7

http://www.twitter.com/thomthom1988

Back to top Go down

Post by Marshes Fri 01 Apr 2016, 8:29 pm

Rory_Gallagher wrote:It has to be said though, Phillips is ridiculous at the breakdown. He is ludicrously sharp against any infringement and it is removing any chance of continuity in the game. Please allow a bit of rugby, for goodness sake.

No offence Rory, but if Ulster stop infringing the game might flow, that obsctruction and in from the side has been consistent. Also your next comment on the team's is a bit harsh, the ball is like a slippery pig!! God give this team's a super rugby climate!!

Ulster so far the defence has been fantastic, line speed very strong, competing for everything very abrasively. Connacht need a big second half to stay even competitive, have gotten into some dangerous positions but not been smart enough.

Marshes

Back to top Go down

Post by Marshes Fri 01 Apr 2016, 8:31 pm

Also we need to get ah you off for bealham, quick.

Marshes

Back to top Go down

Post by Marshes Fri 01 Apr 2016, 8:34 pm

PPS Paddy Wallace has the same speaking face as Jack Nicholson's Joker Very Happy

Marshes

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Fri 01 Apr 2016, 8:39 pm

As I said above, yes, we have been infringing. I just think that Phillips has been harsh for both sides. He is very quick to blow the whistle. My other comment was tongue in cheek after all the dropped balls.

Rodney Ah You has been absolutely awful.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Fri 01 Apr 2016, 8:44 pm

What a farcical decision!

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Marshes Fri 01 Apr 2016, 8:57 pm

It hasn't really been both sides, Rory only one team really getting the whistle, if Trimble hadn't got it, your forwards wee due one. Still absolutely Ulster deserve it.

And ah you is woeful, I hope Ye get more out of him honestly!! been notable by his absence for all the wrong reasons.

Marshes

Back to top Go down

Post by Marshes Fri 01 Apr 2016, 8:58 pm

Jeez big hit, hope Luke is alright

Marshes

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Fri 01 Apr 2016, 9:00 pm

It didn't look like concussion but maybe that is wishful thinking. He had another great game.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next