The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rafatennis Part III - We're all going on a summer holiday

+14
superochog
Mad for Chelsea
Amazon
lydian
purplerain
cats_r_cool
Haddie-nuff
legendkillar
yloponom68
Wooffie
tennisluvver
denzilsmom
AFCWomble42
rafandready
18 posters

Page 17 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Go down

Rafatennis Part III - We're all going on a summer holiday - Page 17 Empty Rafatennis Part III - We're all going on a summer holiday

Post by rafandready Fri 03 Jun 2011, 12:58 pm

First topic message reminder :

That’s the game: sometimes you win; sometimes you lose

Least said, soonest mended eh?

So we break up for our summer holidays and reflect on Rafa's half-year success that in any other season would be world-beating – a slam, a masters, a 500, another Wimbledon final and 4 other masters finals. Not Wimbledon Champion, not World No 1, but still leading every other player (other than he who must not be named) by a country mile.

Now is the time for mid-season conditioning, running repairs and riding around on a jet-ski in the Mediterranean. While I have used up nearly all my annual leave and have to start putting in the hard work <doom>. I know what I'd rather be doing.

The Montreal Masters starts on 8 August so we can reconvene in a mere 5 weeks and let's hope for more of the same…and Rafa – next time you win the toss against Djokovic – please choose to serve first, noh?

Vamos!

Last edited by rafandready on Mon 04 Jul 2011, 9:11 am; edited 4 times in total
rafandready
rafandready

Back to top Go down

Rafatennis Part III - We're all going on a summer holiday - Page 17 Empty Re: Rafatennis Part III - We're all going on a summer holiday

Post by Haddie-nuff Tue 28 Jun 2011, 11:56 am

Hooooray Rafatennis Part III - We're all going on a summer holiday - Page 17 479796 Rafatennis Part III - We're all going on a summer holiday - Page 17 479796 Rafatennis Part III - We're all going on a summer holiday - Page 17 479796 Rafatennis Part III - We're all going on a summer holiday - Page 17 479796

http://eurosport.yahoo.com/tennis/

He is fine Rafatennis Part III - We're all going on a summer holiday - Page 17 479796

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Rafatennis Part III - We're all going on a summer holiday - Page 17 Empty Re: Rafatennis Part III - We're all going on a summer holiday

Post by AFCWomble42 Tue 28 Jun 2011, 12:01 pm

Excellent news, Haddie, thank you. I can now go to lunch happy. Vamos !!

AFCWomble42

Back to top Go down

Post by cats_r_cool Tue 28 Jun 2011, 12:03 pm

Yahoo Just waiting for BBC to confirm it (oh me of little faith!).

cats_r_cool

Back to top Go down

Post by tennisluvver Tue 28 Jun 2011, 12:06 pm

Thanks Haddie. Might get some work done now!
tennisluvver
tennisluvver

Back to top Go down

Post by denzilsmom Tue 28 Jun 2011, 12:17 pm

Yahoo I'm so pleased for him....not just because of this tournament, but for the rest of the year.....thanks Hads for the info Hug

denzilsmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Tue 28 Jun 2011, 12:19 pm

Oh dear, some famous poster whose name begins with Ten has an e somewhere after and whose last letter is rather late in the alphabet is going to have a field day. Great news that he's OK though!

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by denzilsmom Tue 28 Jun 2011, 12:24 pm

Well Mad...there's not a lot we can do about him...except feel sorry for him for being like he is.

It won't matter whatever Rafa does, Mr Z will always find an excuse for a bit more bashing....Rafa you should have never ever beaten Roger laughing

denzilsmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Tue 28 Jun 2011, 12:25 pm

Your welcome Rafa friends glad I was the bearer of such great tidings.
Now come on Rafa lets see you walk on water ... Fed can Rafatennis Part III - We're all going on a summer holiday - Page 17 3497602689

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by denzilsmom Tue 28 Jun 2011, 12:32 pm

Rafa has just posted on FB that he's practicing at Aorangi Park at 4.30pm...so we'll see what happens after that <fingers crossed> thumbsup

denzilsmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Positively 4th Street Tue 28 Jun 2011, 12:33 pm

I'm actually entertained by the fit of fulminating rage that T***z will have been consumed by. Ultimately he'll never change and as long as he's angry it means Rafa is successful so, in that sense, long may it continue!

This Wimbledon is warming up nicely. Terrific match last night I thought, I'm liking how Rafa is playing in this tournament.

Positively 4th Street

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Tue 28 Jun 2011, 12:33 pm

Rafatennis Part III - We're all going on a summer holiday - Page 17 479796 Rafatennis Part III - We're all going on a summer holiday - Page 17 732107

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by denzilsmom Tue 28 Jun 2011, 12:34 pm

Rafa update...again on FB, he says he's training today and playing tomorrow Yahoo

denzilsmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Tue 28 Jun 2011, 12:35 pm

Rafatennis Part III - We're all going on a summer holiday - Page 17 479796 Rafatennis Part III - We're all going on a summer holiday - Page 17 769663 Rafatennis Part III - We're all going on a summer holiday - Page 17 479796 Rafatennis Part III - We're all going on a summer holiday - Page 17 21345 Rafatennis Part III - We're all going on a summer holiday - Page 17 291114

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Tue 28 Jun 2011, 12:36 pm

I have a confession to make, a bit of a guilty pleasure you might say: I actually don't mind Mr Z as I find him quite amusing. A bit like the TV series "Friends", can be a bit dull and repetitive, and definitely not very subtle, but always good for a laugh...

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by denzilsmom Tue 28 Jun 2011, 12:39 pm

Bit like an itch you can't scratch eh Mad laughing

denzilsmom

Back to top Go down

Post by cats_r_cool Tue 28 Jun 2011, 12:40 pm

MFC Shocked how can you liken Friends, the best evah sit com, to Mr Zzzzzzz!!

cats_r_cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Positively 4th Street Tue 28 Jun 2011, 12:41 pm

Mad for Chelsea wrote:I have a confession to make, a bit of a guilty pleasure you might say: I actually don't mind Mr Z as I find him quite amusing. A bit like the TV series "Friends", can be a bit dull and repetitive, and definitely not very subtle, but always good for a laugh...

I can see where you're coming from MfC, I've had the odd decent exchange with him - possibly as it involved Djokovic and Federer, and not Nadal. He can have a decent sense of humour, it just all gets a bit obfuscated by his bile towards Rafa most of the time.

Positively 4th Street

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Tue 28 Jun 2011, 12:42 pm

I'm not a massive Friends fan TBH, but it is good for a laugh. My favourite comedy is "Yes Minister/Prime Minister", which is absolutely brilliant.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Tue 28 Jun 2011, 1:00 pm

Mad for Chelsea wrote:I have a confession to make, a bit of a guilty pleasure you might say: I actually don't mind Mr Z as I find him quite amusing. A bit like the TV series "Friends", can be a bit dull and repetitive, and definitely not very subtle, but always good for a laugh...

Thats equivalent to saying you like having toothache Rafatennis Part III - We're all going on a summer holiday - Page 17 56390

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by rafandready Tue 28 Jun 2011, 1:05 pm

Morning Rafateers Hug

Is it safe to come out from behind the sofa now Shocked?

Glad to hear Rafa is ok to continue, let's hope he comes through his practice session fine today.

MFC…please, never ever compare Friends to him ever again. Perhaps something like a mosquito bite is more apt – the more you scratch the longer it itches. Best leave alone and then it disappears laughing

I managed to get home to see the last two sets last night – thanks to Wooffs for keeping me updated during a long, hot journey home. Rafa's doing rather well in his TBs so far this tournament (unjinx).

Guess what…we have a weekly poll on our intranet at work. Just for fun, never really anything meaningful (in fact the one time it was slightly controversial there was a massive uproar and it was removed. Something about Guantanamo Bay Shocked). But back to this week – the poll is – who is the GOATiest tennis player? Or words to that effect laughing No need to tell you who's in the lead :yawn:
rafandready
rafandready

Back to top Go down

Post by AFCWomble42 Tue 28 Jun 2011, 1:46 pm

Hello rafan. Nice to see you creep out from behind the sofa. Yes, it was all getting very heated last night, but hopefully everything can calm down now and we can all concentrate on the tennis. QF line up looks great and I was so pleased to see Feli get though from 2 sets down.

(By the way, I haven't managed to get to the post office yet with package, but will do sometime this week).

AFCWomble42

Back to top Go down

Post by rafandready Tue 28 Jun 2011, 1:53 pm

Aah thanks Womble - I've got a little something for you from Wimbledon too. I bought a programme on Thursday when I went, and then when me and Wooffs got off the bus on Friday there was a stack of Thursday's programmes sitting in the street for us to pick up - for free! So you can have the extra one I picked up - if you'd like it Very Happy

I was happy to see Feli through to, even though Kubot is one of my squeezes laughing. I've got the day off work tomorrow to sit and watch a veritable feast of tennis. Looking forward to it!
rafandready
rafandready

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Tue 28 Jun 2011, 7:28 pm

Murray fan here. Good to see Rafa fit and well as we want to see the best competing at the highest level winning or losing (whatever it is) on pure merit. It should be fairly straight forward for Rafa tomorrow in straight sets I'd say.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by AFCWomble42 Wed 29 Jun 2011, 11:08 am

Craig, thanks for the good wishes. I have to admit that I'm a bit torn on Murray/Lopez, but if it is Murray that comes out of the top half of the draw, he will have my full support from Henman Hill or whatever it is now known as on Sunday. (I've got tickets, but only for No 1 Court). I hope you're right about the straight sets today, although I think it could be tight given the way Fish can serve.

Rafan, yes I would like the programme. I'll text my address later.

AFCWomble42

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Wed 29 Jun 2011, 12:55 pm

afternoon Rafa fans Hug

right time for some Rafa prediction time: Rafa in four sets, with two TBs shared between both men.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Wed 29 Jun 2011, 1:21 pm

Rafa in 3 close sets (maybe 2 tiebreaks)

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by rafandready Wed 29 Jun 2011, 4:09 pm

Oooh Rafa on court now. Two men in the front row wearing t-shirts with the Armani pictures of Rafa in the white jeans and the logo "I'd go gay for you Rafa" laughing
rafandready
rafandready

Back to top Go down

Post by denzilsmom Wed 29 Jun 2011, 4:26 pm

Reckon they already are Rafan laughing

Good afternoon all my luvverly Rafateers Hug

Feds has just lost to JoWilly...but there you go.

Switching to Rafa now...ooh nice early break thumbsup

denzilsmom

Back to top Go down

Post by rafandready Wed 29 Jun 2011, 4:26 pm

Blimey, Tsonga came back from 2 sets down to beat Feds Shocked
rafandready
rafandready

Back to top Go down

Post by rafandready Wed 29 Jun 2011, 4:28 pm

Hello Denzy Hug

Can JWT beat Djokovic??? If not it means Djokovic will be No 1 after Wimbledon, whatever Rafa does (I think).

Still...I'd take that Championship over the No 1 ranking, noh?
rafandready
rafandready

Back to top Go down

Post by rafandready Wed 29 Jun 2011, 4:30 pm

The commentators are making out that Rafa will be happy Feds is out! I think he'd rather play Feds in a potential final than Djokovic (not discounting JWT of course).
rafandready
rafandready

Back to top Go down

Post by denzilsmom Wed 29 Jun 2011, 4:32 pm

I agree with that hon....Rafa will not want to play JoWilly Erm

If JW plays like he played today against an off Djoko...yes he could beat him.

denzilsmom

Back to top Go down

Post by denzilsmom Wed 29 Jun 2011, 4:32 pm

Rafan...dark side??

denzilsmom

Back to top Go down

Post by denzilsmom Wed 29 Jun 2011, 4:41 pm

I'll be glad if Rafa gets through this in 3 easyish sets...give him an extra rest before Friday.

Does anyone think Feli will beat Andy?

denzilsmom

Back to top Go down

Post by rafandready Wed 29 Jun 2011, 4:44 pm

Denzy I'm on the dark side now when you're ready Wink

I don't think Feli will beat Andy. I wish that they'd been first on so that I could have watched them as well...though as you said it would be nice if Rafa can do this in three easy sets then we can watch the end of the FeliFest!
rafandready
rafandready

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Wed 29 Jun 2011, 4:47 pm

denzilsmom wrote:I'll be glad if Rafa gets through this in 3 easyish sets...give him an extra rest before Friday.

Does anyone think Feli will beat Andy?

After seeing Nole struggle
And the demolition of Federer... why not Rafatennis Part III - We're all going on a summer holiday - Page 17 479796

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by rafandready Wed 29 Jun 2011, 4:50 pm

Come on Rafa - focusssss!
rafandready
rafandready

Back to top Go down

Post by rafandready Wed 29 Jun 2011, 4:51 pm

Tsk!
rafandready
rafandready

Back to top Go down

Post by rafandready Wed 29 Jun 2011, 6:30 pm

And double tsk! Rafa dipping, Mardy upping and the third set goes away.

<clunk-click>
rafandready
rafandready

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Wed 29 Jun 2011, 6:51 pm

where is everyone? Fish puns have started in the crowd, "go on Rafa! Batter him!" is the first. Poor effort, must try harder.

On the prediction front, I had Rafa in four, which is looking quite sound, but I also said a couple of TBs, which is completely impossible now...

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by tennisluvver Wed 29 Jun 2011, 7:11 pm

Rafatennis Part III - We're all going on a summer holiday - Page 17 479796 Rafatennis Part III - We're all going on a summer holiday - Page 17 479796 And Rafa wins in 4!

Hi MFC - Rafatennis Part III - We're all going on a summer holiday - Page 17 769663

Good prediction (except the TBs);Don't suppose you'd care to predict a win for Rafa in the semi, would you? Rafatennis Part III - We're all going on a summer holiday - Page 17 590675

Felt Fish floundered a bit during his service games today!
tennisluvver
tennisluvver

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Wed 29 Jun 2011, 7:13 pm

well at least I got the sets score right. Well done Rafa!

Ange, sorry but I had Andy beating Rafa in the semis before their fourth round matches, so NOT going to change that one now. Then again, I then had Federer beating Murray in the final Whistle

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Wed 29 Jun 2011, 7:16 pm

Rafatennis Part III - We're all going on a summer holiday - Page 17 479796 Rafatennis Part III - We're all going on a summer holiday - Page 17 479796 Rafatennis Part III - We're all going on a summer holiday - Page 17 479796 Rafatennis Part III - We're all going on a summer holiday - Page 17 479796 Rafatennis Part III - We're all going on a summer holiday - Page 17 769663 Rafatennis Part III - We're all going on a summer holiday - Page 17 769663 Watta Boy

Superb Rafa Vamos

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by denzilsmom Wed 29 Jun 2011, 7:21 pm

Yahoo Well done lovely boy kiss ....would have been better if you hadn't dropped the third set, but you're through Yahoo

denzilsmom

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Wed 29 Jun 2011, 7:22 pm

Fish flounders and now feels gutted!!!

Vamos.
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Wed 29 Jun 2011, 7:25 pm

ah there you all are, wondered where you'd got too Smile

someone tell woofs to come out from behind that sofa

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by denzilsmom Wed 29 Jun 2011, 7:52 pm

Hi MFC...and Lydian, with a terrible pun Doh

Thank god for Sofas.....I sometimes think I'm getting far too old for all this Whistle Oh joy...we can do it all again on Friday!!

denzilsmom

Back to top Go down

Post by cats_r_cool Wed 29 Jun 2011, 7:55 pm

I'm a bit late to the party. Hi everyone Hug

Yahoo Really enjoyed that match, wasn't too yikesy and thought our boy played well. Some of his shots were insane (as were some misses but they were few and far between),

MFC, you're really starting to scare me with your predictions now - especially as you have Andy beating Rafa in the semis Shocked

cats_r_cool

Back to top Go down

Post by rafandready Wed 29 Jun 2011, 8:02 pm

Very pleased with Rafa apart from that slight falling off in the third. No more of that from hereon though Shocked

I'm interested in what Feds has to say in his presser, is there any news yet? I'm off for a look :run2:

rafandready
rafandready

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Wed 29 Jun 2011, 8:09 pm

rafan

Feds was pretty gracious from what I could gather on Fench news, praised Tsonga, felt he played well himself, but that Tsonga was just too good.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next