The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rafatennis Part III - We're all going on a summer holiday

+14
superochog
Mad for Chelsea
Amazon
lydian
purplerain
cats_r_cool
Haddie-nuff
legendkillar
yloponom68
Wooffie
tennisluvver
denzilsmom
AFCWomble42
rafandready
18 posters

Page 18 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18

Go down

Rafatennis Part III - We're all going on a summer holiday - Page 18 Empty Rafatennis Part III - We're all going on a summer holiday

Post by rafandready Fri 03 Jun 2011, 12:58 pm

First topic message reminder :

That’s the game: sometimes you win; sometimes you lose

Least said, soonest mended eh?

So we break up for our summer holidays and reflect on Rafa's half-year success that in any other season would be world-beating – a slam, a masters, a 500, another Wimbledon final and 4 other masters finals. Not Wimbledon Champion, not World No 1, but still leading every other player (other than he who must not be named) by a country mile.

Now is the time for mid-season conditioning, running repairs and riding around on a jet-ski in the Mediterranean. While I have used up nearly all my annual leave and have to start putting in the hard work <doom>. I know what I'd rather be doing.

The Montreal Masters starts on 8 August so we can reconvene in a mere 5 weeks and let's hope for more of the same…and Rafa – next time you win the toss against Djokovic – please choose to serve first, noh?

Vamos!

Last edited by rafandready on Mon 04 Jul 2011, 9:11 am; edited 4 times in total
rafandready
rafandready

Back to top Go down

Rafatennis Part III - We're all going on a summer holiday - Page 18 Empty Re: Rafatennis Part III - We're all going on a summer holiday

Post by rafandready Wed 29 Jun 2011, 8:17 pm

Thanks MFC. I had Feds as favourite for Wimbledon (if he didn't meet Rafa).

My predictions aren't as good as yours laughing
rafandready
rafandready

Back to top Go down

Rafatennis Part III - We're all going on a summer holiday - Page 18 Empty Re: Rafatennis Part III - We're all going on a summer holiday

Post by CaledonianCraig Wed 29 Jun 2011, 9:49 pm

Murray fan in peace. How do you feel the semi-final will pan out?

Very interesting that Rafa has had spells of waywardness in his run to the semis so would say he isn't as in dynamic form as he was for last year's semi where Andy pushed Rafa very hard and lost in three tight sets. On the other hand Andy is in better form than this time last year and seems mentally stronger than he used to be so I am hopeful but will say no more than that.

Should be a cracker.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by AFCWomble42 Thu 30 Jun 2011, 9:43 am

Morning all. I didn't get to see any of the match live at all, but only "red button" highlights later on. It looks as though Rafa played pretty well, lost a bit of focus in the 3rd, but then came back strong in the 4th. Certainly could have done without losing the 3rd in the circumstances, but a grass court match against Fish probably isn't too physically taxing.

It sounds as though Rafa had an injection in his foot to get him through because "it's Wimbledon and it's an emergency".

Craig, too close to call, I would say. Andy certainly has a good chance, but Rafa does as well despite the various injury issues. When he's on a mission, he's something else. Whatever happens now, though, I'm incredibly proud of his efforts over the last couple of months and hope he gets to enjoy a lovely few weeks off, although I obviously don't want that to start until Monday.

AFCWomble42

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Fri 01 Jul 2011, 4:28 pm

VAMOS RAFA!!! Good luck honey.

Just watching his journey so far ... have a good match!! Yahoo
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by tennisluvver Fri 01 Jul 2011, 7:42 pm

l Yahoo
Well done, Rafa! Fab match!!
tennisluvver
tennisluvver

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Fri 01 Jul 2011, 7:43 pm

Well played Rafa. The boy upped it. Congrats to Nadal.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Fri 01 Jul 2011, 8:11 pm

Evening Rafateers!! Hug kiss LK Hug

And Yahoo Yahoo

After Andy played a great first set and took it when I was at least expecting a TB, I have to say that when Rafa went on that run of 7 games ... he was utterly fantastic today. The best I have seen him play all year. clap What a wonderful performance Rafa and you are playing the best at just the right time.

I felt last year's match was a much, much tighter affair, but well played, and keep on going Andy.

Bring it on Novak. Rafa holds 3 of the 4 Slams and is in with a good shout to keep the status quo on Sunday. What a treat of a match to look forward to.

So once again ... VAMOS RAFA!! What a champion!!
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Fri 01 Jul 2011, 8:13 pm

Rafa raised the bar so high in that match. I think Andy must've wondered what else he could've done? Granted he clocked up some UE's, but once Rafa had him, he didn't let go. That is what champions do and it is what seperates them from the rest of the field.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Fri 01 Jul 2011, 8:15 pm

Its true LK, and when Andy had those break points in the 4th set Rafa fought like a tiger to make sure it didn't happen. Andy got it right in the first set but boy did Rafa move up a gear. I just think Rafa played a stunning match today. clap
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by cats_r_cool Fri 01 Jul 2011, 8:16 pm

Yahoo Rafa, you played like the champion that you are.

Commiserations to Andy and his lovely fans. I'd love for him to win a slam, just not at Rafa's expense, so it's tough when they keep meeting in semis.

Hope Rafa takes lots of confidence from the match today into Sunday's final.

cats_r_cool

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Fri 01 Jul 2011, 8:19 pm

He played a blinder Wooffie. When Andy has chances early in the second, he couldn't convert and Rafa didn't look back. At times it was hard to watch because you just wanted Andy to find something somewhere, and if he hasn't got it, theres nothing he can do. Nadal finds new ways to amaze.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Fri 01 Jul 2011, 8:29 pm

At that level Rafa is very hard to beat...
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Fri 01 Jul 2011, 8:31 pm

And lets hope he brings it on Sunday. thumbsup
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Fri 01 Jul 2011, 8:32 pm

His Forehand wasn't working in the 1st set and when it did, I can't see how anyone can live with it. It either hits the baseline or is 2 inches near it. It's unplayable.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Fri 01 Jul 2011, 8:43 pm

Full credit to Rafa but Andy will be kicking himself. He learnt today he cannot have such dips in form against Rafa as portrayed today and hope to win. I can see Rafa winning in four or maybe five sets on Sunday. Hopefully it is a classic.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Fri 01 Jul 2011, 8:48 pm

CC ... no-one can have dips in form like that against Rafa. And I am thinking of my nerves ... I want 3 sets for a Rafa win. laughing
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18