The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stuart Hall: Underappreciated domestically?

4 posters

Go down

Stuart Hall: Underappreciated domestically? Empty Stuart Hall: Underappreciated domestically?

Post by hazharrison Sun 17 Apr 2016, 8:53 am

Excellent fight last night between Hall and Guerrero - the Darlington tough-nut yet again putting in a fan-friendly shift.

After exciting fights against the likes of McDonnell, Malinga, Butler, Caballero (one I thought he may have been given the decision in) and now Guerrero, is he overlooked somewhat domestically?

As an aside, what did everyone think of Warrington? Ready for Selby?

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Stuart Hall: Underappreciated domestically? Empty Re: Stuart Hall: Underappreciated domestically?

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 17 Apr 2016, 9:11 am

It's the nature of the beast now, Hall is a very good European level boxer but he's nothing more than that, so when you win a world title you get judged as a world level boxer where he falls short. I see the same happening with Gavin McDonnell, he's got a very good record for the level he's at but again you know he'll end up in title contention when he doesn't really deserve it.

There's a lot who fall into the same category; Stephen and Liam Smith, Paul Butler, Haskins, Crolla, Matthews etc. None of them are genuine world class yet all with the exception of one have won versions of a world title.

Warrington I thought was poor and the scorecards were far too wide considering Amagasa dominated the middle rounds, he deterred him with those looping hooks and uppercuts inside, only when he tired did the fight slip away from him. Selby is far too good for Warrington, would be either a shut out or late stoppage.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Stuart Hall: Underappreciated domestically? Empty Re: Stuart Hall: Underappreciated domestically?

Post by catchweight Sun 17 Apr 2016, 10:01 am

The scoring over here is dodgy as heck so if you are not the house fighter you really need to worry. Hall and Warrington were in close fights but pitched near shut outs. Quigg beat Frampton according to one judge recently. On card had the Japanese guy losing every round and a 10-8 round given against him with no knockdown I think? I dont think Warrington beats Selby, but in Leeds with the judges he had last night then who knows?

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 17 Apr 2016, 10:09 am

I think you could have made a case for both Guerrero and Amagasa winning last night, personally had the former a round or two up at the end, his work rate was a bit too much for Hall at times.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sun 17 Apr 2016, 10:17 am

I thought Guerrero edged it. I was expecting a draw before they announced the decision. Good fight.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down