The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Go Again! The Premier League thread

+43
MIG
compelling and rich
jeromedubois
spencerclarke
owen10ozzy
President Trump
S.o.F
Rowley
Geordie
Galted
ShahenshahG
Scott is Back
kingraf
dyrewolfe
NickisBHAFC
Adam D
Y I Man
Born Slippy
dummy_half
hampo17
Crimey
sirfredperry
Stella
Alistair
Corporalhumblebucket
pedro
Breadvan
guildfordbat
GSC
nathan
Duty281
Hero
Hammersmith harrier
Marky
westisbest
Holymiky
Nico the gman
Lowlandbrit
Good Golly I'm Olly
Fernando
Ent
Atila
Dolphin Ziggler
47 posters

Page 12 of 19 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15 ... 19  Next

Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 12 Empty We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 25 Apr 2016, 5:58 pm

First topic message reminder :

I'm shocked!

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 12 Empty Re: We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by Guest Fri 13 May 2016, 5:09 pm

Zzzzzzzzz

Nobody stated he's become the next Mourinho during this stint. It's been agreed he did a good job, up against a limited timeframe, thanks to the incompetence of Charnley & Ashley. He was turning Newcastle around & early defeats are to be expected, while the players transition from the clueless rule of McClaren, to the new approach, tactics & demands of Rafa Benitez.

Also, stop posting Benitez' failures, it's becoming boring. Every manager has failures on his C.V, even that guy who you think is God, that just left Bayern.

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 12 Empty Re: We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by GSC Fri 13 May 2016, 5:24 pm

Yeah, new managers bringing an immediate upturn in results is a totally novel concept.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 May 2016, 5:31 pm

Don't really see the point of this debate. Let's put this into context, shall we? We're Newcastle United & we're going to be playing in the god-awful 'Championship', did you hear that? To have a manager of his calibre is huge, we should have no right in keeping him, he's a top manager, however you decide to disect his career. We could have a manager, while playing at Burton, who's won every conceivable major cup competition around Europe & won multiple league titles. Sounds awful, doesn't it? The outlook is far brighter with a manger of that ilk in charge, who the players have already begun to trust & play for, than trying to bring in someone else from the cold. That's the reality of the situation, I have no interest in his failures at Madrid or Inter, so you can bang on about that all night, but I won't be listening. All I care about is the future of Newcastle United & having seen his ability to turn a side sleep walking towards relegation, into having more than a chance at survive, is enough to tell me, that he is the man to take this club forward.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 May 2016, 6:48 pm

Flores was effectively sacked.  He says he didn't meet his targets that would have resulted in his short term contract being renewed.  The Pozzos of Watford have made some strange decisions - getting rid of the manager who got them promoted into the premiership then getting rid of the manager who comfortably secured them a second season in the premiership.

Will Benitez stay at Newcastle?  Possibly - his family live in Merseyside and Newcastle are a big club in terms of fan base and history.  The risk I suppose for Benitez is reputation - if he stays and doesn't get them promoted at the first attempt.  It is also debatable as to whether he is best placed amongst the available managers in getting Newcastle playing "championship football" and getting them promoted.  However can't complain in what he has done in trying to turn the tide at Newcastle.

Last edited by Nore Staat on Fri 13 May 2016, 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Fri 13 May 2016, 6:49 pm

Good luck with him, picking up a few points against disinterested sides at the end of the season isn't a recipe for success in my opinion.

Palace, Liverpool, city all involved in cup competitions when they played them.

2 points against Sunderland, Norwich and villa.

But he's the saviour, good luck.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 May 2016, 6:55 pm

Another thing to add is that Newcastle needed a strong manager who could stand up to Mike Ashley - and tell him where he was going wrong. Kevin Keegan was right in his interview.

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Fri 13 May 2016, 7:55 pm

Best manager i think for Newcastle (and villa ) would be Pearson.

As much as i would like hom at Villa, dont think he will come.

Good luck to the geordies next season.

I think whoever finishes above them, if anyone does, will be in the premiership come the 17/8 season.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Sun 15 May 2016, 7:04 am

Nore Staat wrote:Another thing to add is that Newcastle needed a strong manager who could stand up to Mike Ashley - and tell him where he was going wrong.   Kevin Keegan was right in his interview.
Poor old Mike Ashley. Spent millions to buy Newcastle and spent millions in the last transfer window but apparently he's still a c#nt. He can't win. If he had fired McLaren earlier then I'm sure someone would be saying that he didn't give McLaren enough time to do his job. He gives him time, then apparently he should have fired him earlier.

Obviously something has gone wrong because they just got relegated but poor Mike Ashley. I bet he wishes that he had never bought Newcastle Football Club.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Sun 15 May 2016, 2:47 pm

Another postponement in the Utd game; we had Fergie time...seems LVG is intent on creating Louis Van Delay time...

In all seriousness hope it's nothing to major.

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 15 May 2016, 2:51 pm

Couple of stands being evacuated - presumably a security-related incident.

'Code-red' according to the PA system.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 May 2016, 3:08 pm

Postponed. Or abandoned.

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 15 May 2016, 3:23 pm

ISIS getting brazen
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 15 May 2016, 3:23 pm

Spurs are gonna finish behind Arsenal lol
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 May 2016, 3:23 pm

Wijnaldum has turned up. Typical

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 May 2016, 3:40 pm

Mitrovic finds his shooting boots, six months too late. Typical

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 15 May 2016, 3:43 pm

Happy St Totteringham's Day!

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 15 May 2016, 4:26 pm

Mitrovic sent off

So much for that duty Laugh

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 May 2016, 4:30 pm

What a dive

Newcastle 3-1 Spurs

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 15 May 2016, 4:31 pm

How did he fall for it Laugh

3-1 - Toon

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 15 May 2016, 4:42 pm

4-1 Newcastle

3-0 Arsenal

Arsenal to finish 2nd Laugh

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 May 2016, 4:42 pm

Looks like it is going to be two points out of a possible twelve for Tottenham. Bit of a disastrous finish to an excellent season. They seemed to lose their head at Chelsea when they could have had several sent off. Makes Wenger's position even more secure at Arsenal, finishing second,

Leicester equalise at Stamford Bridge.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 May 2016, 4:43 pm

Aarons 4-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 May 2016, 4:43 pm

5-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 15 May 2016, 4:44 pm

5-1 Newcastle

scored 3 with 10 men Laugh

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 May 2016, 4:46 pm

5-1.  Ten man Newcastle have scored three goals since having a player sent off.  I suppose this will convince Mike Ashley to do whatever Benitez says needs to be done to retain him. I assume Newcastle have the parachute payments to keep them going in the Championship next year.

Last edited by Nore Staat on Sun 15 May 2016, 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 15 May 2016, 4:46 pm

Er....what the f**k?

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sun 15 May 2016, 4:47 pm

5-1 Laugh

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 15 May 2016, 4:48 pm

Stoke 2-1 West Ham

I love the final day always one battering Laugh I remember when Boro ploughed Citeh 8-1.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 15 May 2016, 4:50 pm

Arsenal 4-0

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 15 May 2016, 4:51 pm

Palace getting a 4-1 drubbing to the Saints.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sun 15 May 2016, 4:52 pm

Laugh Arsenal to finish 2nd then With Spurs 3rd

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 15 May 2016, 4:56 pm

United need a small matter of a 19 goal win (or more!) to qualify for the Champions League.

Otherwise it's hello mass exodus, and repeating what Liverpool have done for the last twenty-five years or so.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 15 May 2016, 4:58 pm

On a more serious note, a controlled explosion was carried out at Old Trafford, so it does seem as though the threat was very, very real, and the potential casualties of hundreds (possibly thousands) has been averted.

Well done to the Greater Manchester police.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 15 May 2016, 4:59 pm

Barclays Premier League
FT Arsenal(1) 4 0 (0)Aston Villa
FT Chelsea(0) 1 1 (0)Leicester City
FT Everton(2) 3 0 (0)Norwich City
Manchester United A A AFC Bournemouth
FT Newcastle United(2) 5 1 (0)Tottenham Hotspur
FT Southampton(1) 4 1 (0)Crystal Palace
FT Stoke City(0) 2 1 (1)West Ham United
FT Swansea City(1) 1 1 (1)Manchester City
FT Watford(0) 2 2 (1)Sunderland
FT West Bromwich Albion(1) 1 1 (1)Liverpool

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 May 2016, 5:03 pm

Missing out on a Champions League place should see an early end to LVG reign after having spent a fortune on players over the past two seasons.

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 15 May 2016, 6:04 pm

16 goal season for Giroud. So close to breaking into the truly elite level, but at 30 I think he's run out of time
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Sun 15 May 2016, 6:45 pm

Score makes the players look even worse. They blatantly weren't trying all season!

Good riddance when they go.

Hopefully we keep Rafa and bring in his players.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 May 2016, 6:54 pm

The device left at Old Trafford was said to be non-viable but realistic.  So it is not a question of someone leaving a rucksack or bag behind accidentally.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sun 15 May 2016, 8:25 pm

Closest thing to a dangerous attack at old Trafford all season.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Sun 15 May 2016, 8:27 pm

The suspicious item was apparently a trophy!
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 15 May 2016, 9:58 pm

Apparently a company was running a security exercise at OT last week and the device was left by accident.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 15 May 2016, 10:02 pm

Someone is getting a P45 tomorrow...
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 15 May 2016, 10:23 pm

Well I'm glad it wasn't something malicious.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 15 May 2016, 10:29 pm

Duty281 wrote:Well I'm glad it wasn't something malicious.

That is the main takeaway. Obviously no choice but to evacuate given the information available.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Sun 15 May 2016, 11:15 pm

Nore Staat wrote:Missing out on a Champions League place should see an early end to LVG reign after having spent a fortune on players over the past two seasons.
Yes it should.

I can't really see any justification for him to keep his job. Sure Rashford and some of the youngsters have been positive for United, but it's not as if LVG discovered them, they were at United long before he got there.

I don't in anyway think that United have some divine right to win the title, but if they're not going to be serious challengers, they could at least be entertaining to watch.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Mon 16 May 2016, 12:45 am

No divine right but a huge budget that should see us challenging at least in my opinion.

5th place is abject failure, barely scored a goal. Found these youngsters because of a huge injury list, likely caused by his training methods.

He's had 2 years and 100s of millions of pounds with no real inprovements, thanks for the effort but times up.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Mon 16 May 2016, 2:32 am

Not sure who I'd replace him with though.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Mon 16 May 2016, 2:37 am

I think even Giggs would do a better job and that's saying a lot.

We've only scored 46 goals this season.

Had 86 in fergies last season! 64 in moyes!!

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Mon 16 May 2016, 2:40 am

Giggs might do a good job. Certainly think he'd produce a more entertaining side. Plus, I think Fergie would be only to pleased to give him some advice.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Mon 16 May 2016, 3:00 am

At the end of the day were crap, both in results and entertainment.

Scored 8 in 4 games Giggs was in charge for, mixed results mind.

I was supportive of van gaal and thought he'd done a good job steadying the ship after the years of damage notes had caused but the last 6 months have been an abomination, regardless of cup final result.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 19 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15 ... 19  Next