The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Go Again! The Premier League thread

+43
MIG
compelling and rich
jeromedubois
spencerclarke
owen10ozzy
President Trump
S.o.F
Rowley
Geordie
Galted
ShahenshahG
Scott is Back
kingraf
dyrewolfe
NickisBHAFC
Adam D
Y I Man
Born Slippy
dummy_half
hampo17
Crimey
sirfredperry
Stella
Alistair
Corporalhumblebucket
pedro
Breadvan
guildfordbat
GSC
nathan
Duty281
Hero
Hammersmith harrier
Marky
westisbest
Holymiky
Nico the gman
Lowlandbrit
Good Golly I'm Olly
Fernando
Ent
Atila
Dolphin Ziggler
47 posters

Page 13 of 19 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next

Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 13 Empty We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 25 Apr 2016, 5:58 pm

First topic message reminder :

I'm shocked!

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 13 Empty Re: We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by westisbest Mon 16 May 2016, 9:00 am

Looking at the table, Bournemouth will be glad the season is over for the teams below them.

If there was another 4 games or so to go, they could well have gone down.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 13 Empty Re: We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by westisbest Mon 16 May 2016, 9:28 am

Goal of the season.

1 Matt Ritchie v Sunderland
2 Cuco Martina v Arsenal
3 Christaian Benteke v Utd
4 Eden Hazard v Spurs
5 Dele Ali v Palace
6 Dimitri Payet v Palace
7 Harry Kane v Arsenal
8 Jamie Vardy v Liverpool.

That's my choice.
They are all great goals, just love those goals where you chest it down then bang top corner.
Martina's goal was quality, those could go anywhere. Was far out. Looked like it was going wide, then curled in. Beautiful.
Tekkers had to keep his eye on the ball for a long time those again could go anywhere. The technical ability was great. Love those kind of goals, great to see.

Anyway that's my order from MOTD.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Mon 16 May 2016, 10:21 am

Ali for me. As well s the technique, It was just bit different to the rest.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 May 2016, 6:56 pm

Chelsea fined £375k & Spurs £225k for failure to control players last month

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 16 May 2016, 7:13 pm

Why did they even bother.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Mon 16 May 2016, 8:11 pm

LiamB wrote:Chelsea fined £375k & Spurs £225k for failure to control players last month
How on earth have Chelsea been fined more than Spurs, Spurs were dirty as hell in that game.

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 16 May 2016, 8:55 pm

Because it's Chelsea's 4th offence in recent times and Spurs 3rd.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 16 May 2016, 9:04 pm

Thanks, Hero. You've just ruined what could have been a beautiful and baseless conspiracy theory.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 16 May 2016, 9:21 pm

That extra 150k is really going to derail Chelseas ability to buy in this market.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 16 May 2016, 9:28 pm

Galted wrote:Thanks, Hero.  You've just ruined what could have been a beautiful and baseless conspiracy theory.

Damn my ability to read up on the matter and provide facts rather than idle conjecture! Wink

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 May 2016, 8:42 pm

Man U 1-0 B'mouth - Rooney
Man U 2-0 B'mouth - Rashford
Man U 3-0 B'mouth - Young

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Wed 18 May 2016, 7:43 am

Rooney looked very good last night in the deeper role.

The match on the whole typical of a united game under Van Gaal first half lots of possession not much in the way of chances but in the second half when they are given freedom you can see there are a lot of creative players that are very good.

Van Gaal has stifled a lot of players with very few making improvements under him. Smalling probably the exception.

Youth has been given a go though which it probably wouldn't under anyone else.

Summary thanks for the youngsters but you have massively under achieved for what you have spent. Win the cup and go out with a little bit of pride.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 18 May 2016, 9:06 am

LVG fell backwards into the youth players that succeeded. There was no real foresight there.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 18 May 2016, 9:50 am

LVG would far more aware of the talent in the youth team than many on here would like to admit, injuries may have forced his hand slightly but he would have known the talent Rashford, Fosu-Mensah and Borthwick-Jackson had. He perseveres with them even if they have bad games, some managers have a tendency to chop and change too much if things aren't going well which doesn't help them progress.

His time at the club is up although i'd rather he stayed than see Mourinho come but he's uncovered a few potential gems whilst Martial could be some player in the years to come.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 May 2016, 10:46 am

Don't see Martial staying at Utd for very long. Given the way the club is slipping, I feel he'll be off sooner rather than later. In fact, looking at that squad, I don't see many who look like they'll be ones you'll be seeing in a Utd shirt five years from now

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 May 2016, 2:57 pm

Not surprised Terry has been kept on, only has to do a Leiceser & play once a week next season. Very manageable.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 23 May 2016, 9:04 pm

Its over. LVG sacked.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 23 May 2016, 9:45 pm

It amazes me Woodward can be so incompetent at anything football related and still be safe in his job.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Tue 24 May 2016, 6:32 am

DAVE667 wrote:Don't see Martial staying at Utd for very long. Given the way the club is slipping, I feel he'll be off sooner rather than later. In fact, looking at that squad, I don't see many who look like they'll be ones you'll be seeing in a Utd shirt five years from now
I don't see why he would leave.

He's at a big club that pay him big money and despite how well he's done at United, he was hardly being chased by Europe's big clubs before United came along.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Tue 24 May 2016, 6:34 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:LVG would far more aware of the talent in the youth team than many on here would like to admit, injuries may have forced his hand slightly but he would have known the talent Rashford, Fosu-Mensah and Borthwick-Jackson had. He perseveres with them even if they have bad games, some managers have a tendency to chop and change too much if things aren't going well which doesn't help them progress.

His time at the club is up although i'd rather he stayed than see Mourinho come but he's uncovered a few potential gems whilst Martial could be some player in the years to come.
How did he uncover a few potential gems? They were all there before he got to United.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by Scott is Back Tue 24 May 2016, 8:32 am

Atila wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:LVG would far more aware of the talent in the youth team than many on here would like to admit, injuries may have forced his hand slightly but he would have known the talent Rashford, Fosu-Mensah and Borthwick-Jackson had. He perseveres with them even if they have bad games, some managers have a tendency to chop and change too much if things aren't going well which doesn't help them progress.

How did he uncover a few potential gems? They were all there before he got to United.

The youngsters were only discovered because of his own inadequacy, Rashford would be nowhere near the 1st team if LVG didnt sell Hernandez or RVP...(I agree RVP had to go, but wish we kept Hernandez!)

Injuries played into the hands of Borthwick-Jackson, and Fosu-Mensah....as good as they are, LVG cant take any credit, other than maybe sticking with them after a bad game!

Scott is Back

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 May 2016, 10:50 am

Atila wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:Don't see Martial staying at Utd for very long. Given the way the club is slipping, I feel he'll be off sooner rather than later. In fact, looking at that squad, I don't see many who look like they'll be ones you'll be seeing in a Utd shirt five years from now
I don't see why he would leave.

He's at a big club that pay him big money and despite how well he's done at United, he was hardly being chased by Europe's big clubs before United came along.
Neither was Suarez before Liverpool got him but he came good eventually and there was no keeping him

If Martial continues to develop, the likes of Madrid and Barcalona will surely come knocking. As silly as it sounds, he's almost too good. Good skills and, as many have said, a terrific temperament. Not convinced Jose will do right by him and instead probably spend his time w*nking off Rooney and stealing the limelight when/wherever possible. I'd be amazed if Jose nurtured the likes of Martial and Rashford.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 May 2016, 11:20 am

Why do people keep banging on about Mourinho & younger players, like he has no idea as one of the best & most successful managers of this era, in playing or helping develop younger players. Puzzling assumption. It's like a slam dunk when it comes to Mourinho nowadays & young players, that it will just inevitably end in tears. It was Mourinho who signed Varane & gave him his Madrid debut at 20 years old, Mourinho signed a 19 year old Carlos Alberto for Porto & he went on to be a key player for him, scoring in the Champions League final. He signed Robben from PSV at 20 years old & look how that turned out. Kurt Zouma has also been signed & developed by Jose. He does give opportunities to young players, if they're good enough & players like Martial & Rashford have already proven they're good enough, so stop banging on about them now potentially being cast-aside or their career's now going to stagnante. Utter rubbish.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scott is Back Tue 24 May 2016, 11:36 am

LiamB wrote:Why do people keep banging on about Mourinho & younger players, like he has no idea as one of the best & most successful managers of this era, in playing or helping develop younger players. Puzzling assumption. It's like a slam dunk when it comes to Mourinho nowadays & young players, that it will just inevitably end in tears. It was Mourinho who signed Varane & gave him his Madrid debut at 20 years old, Mourinho signed a 19 year old Carlos Alberto for Porto & he went on to be a key player for him, scoring in the Champions League final. He signed Robben from PSV at 20 years old & look how that turned out. Kurt Zouma has also been signed & developed by Jose. He does give opportunities to young players, if they're good enough & players like Martial & Rashford have already proven they're good enough, so stop banging on about them now potentially being cast-aside or their career's now going to stagnante. Utter rubbish.

A lot of this comes from Liverpool Fans, who are now worried that Utd will progress again under a superior manager to Klopp... Whistle

Scott is Back

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 24 May 2016, 11:39 am

LiamB wrote:Why do people keep banging on about Mourinho & younger players, like he has no idea as one of the best & most successful managers of this era, in playing or helping develop younger players. Puzzling assumption. It's like a slam dunk when it comes to Mourinho nowadays & young players, that it will just inevitably end in tears. It was Mourinho who signed Varane & gave him his Madrid debut at 20 years old, Mourinho signed a 19 year old Carlos Alberto for Porto & he went on to be a key player for him, scoring in the Champions League final. He signed Robben from PSV at 20 years old & look how that turned out. Kurt Zouma has also been signed & developed by Jose. He does give opportunities to young players, if they're good enough & players like Martial & Rashford have already proven they're good enough, so stop banging on about them now potentially being cast-aside or their career's now going to stagnante. Utter rubbish.

Wow it's not often I read a LiamB post and agree with every word. Gold star for you today.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 24 May 2016, 11:43 am

At least on paper the quality of the league will take a big step next year. Says a lot that for all the positivity etc over Spurs, they actually finished with less points than AVBs Spurs team. The PLs been on the slide for a while. Pep and Jose sharing a city, Conte a proven winner at Juve, Klopp affecting a rebuild at Liverpool in his own image. Wenger will sign 2 or 3 playmakers.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 24 May 2016, 11:56 am

I think this summer will see the transfer record but individually on a player and as a whole for the window blown out of the water with both the money coming in and the number of teams with new managers and rebuilds needed.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 25 May 2016, 11:53 am

Rumours now that Ryan Giggs will be the new Everton manager.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 May 2016, 7:10 pm

It seems that Jose Mourinho sold his name and signature to Chelsea in 2005.  Chelsea own the trademark that is his name and his signature.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36382637

It seems that Man Utd can't put Mourinho's name or signature on their merchandise without first getting some sort of agreement with Chelsea.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 25 May 2016, 9:45 pm

Crimey wrote:Rumours now that Ryan Giggs will be the new Everton manager.

Appalling hire if true
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 25 May 2016, 11:07 pm

Crimey wrote:Rumours now that Ryan Giggs will be the new Everton manager.

What a joke if that comes about.

Not as much of a joke as Gary Neville going to Valencia, but still.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 25 May 2016, 11:08 pm

Nore Staat wrote:It seems that Jose Mourinho sold his name and signature to Chelsea in 2005.  Chelsea own the trademark that is his name and his signature.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36382637

It seems that Man Utd can't put Mourinho's name or signature on their merchandise without first getting some sort of agreement with Chelsea.

Hilarious. Put your feet up Chelsea, and do nothing.

I think the trademark lasts until 2025. Laugh

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by sirfredperry Fri 27 May 2016, 10:02 am

Mourinho confirmed as new Man U boss. Wonder how long they'll put up with his defensively-minded football and eccentricities ?

sirfredperry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 May 2016, 10:09 am

More nonsense associated with Jose. Chelsea scored 73 goals in the 2014/15 title winning season, only Man City scored more. Defensive?

Manchester United just scored 49 this season. Jose shuts up shop in the big match ups, it's simply the difference between winning & closing out titles or simply being a mug that gets walked over, like LVG did at the Emirates for example.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Fri 27 May 2016, 10:16 am

The 2004-06 teams played some good stuff from memory. Having Robben, and Cole and shoot on target Lampard helped.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 27 May 2016, 10:17 am

sirfredperry wrote:Mourinho confirmed as new Man U boss. Wonder how long they'll put up with his defensively-minded football and eccentricities ?

More than anything his use of Martial, Rashford, Fosu-Mensah, Mcnair and Borthwick-Jackson will make or break him as manager, I can accept playing pragmatically if it means we're progressing but he has to play the younger guys too.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 27 May 2016, 10:46 am

Dare we forget that SAF used to play Park Ji Sung in big games.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 27 May 2016, 10:47 am

Dare we forget that Park Ji Sung consistently scored in those big games and was a far bigger threat going forward than people give him credit for.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 27 May 2016, 10:51 am

Fergie became a defensive coach anyway. Man United fans will not care about style, they'll care about winning.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scott is Back Fri 27 May 2016, 11:30 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Dare we forget that Park Ji Sung consistently scored in those big games and was a far bigger threat going forward than people give him credit for.

clap

Scott is Back

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Fri 27 May 2016, 1:41 pm

Lets just hope he has mellowed a bit since being at Chelsea and remembers its not a good idea to have bust-ups with his backroom staff (at least not publicly anyway).

If he can keep his temper in check, I can see him doing good things for United. If not...well, it'll be entertaining for the rest of us anyway... Wink
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 May 2016, 2:31 pm

Jose is too old to change his ways. How many people change their ways at that age without having first suffered serious head trauma?

It will be great for Utd fans for a while then the old Jose will resurface, egos will run rampant (potentially Jose, Ibra and Rooney in a weekly "My d!ck's bigger than yours" contest?) then it was all collapse like a house of cards.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 27 May 2016, 3:23 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Dare we forget that Park Ji Sung consistently scored in those big games and was a far bigger threat going forward than people give him credit for.
laughing He was there to be an irritant to the other team, anything else was a bonus
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 27 May 2016, 3:40 pm

A lazy opinion based on zero fact at all.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Fri 27 May 2016, 6:44 pm

Not sure you are remembering park all that well tbh.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 May 2016, 7:23 pm

Someone who remembers Park Ji Sung very well is Andrea Pirlo, who described the Korean, as one of his toughest opponents. Pretty much sums his game up, neutralising opposition threats through hustle & tireless energy.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 28 May 2016, 7:32 am

LiamB wrote:Someone who remembers Park Ji Sung very well is Andrea Pirlo, who described the Korean, as one of his toughest opponents. Pretty much sums his game up, neutralising opposition threats through hustle & tireless energy.

Yeah that was why he was picked for the big games, purely to sit on the toes of the oppositions biggest threat and pressure him.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 28 May 2016, 10:03 am

That isn't what he was used for at all, he had the engine to track back so did but he was not used as a primarily defensive player.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sat 28 May 2016, 6:59 pm

Well he was, a few important goals doesn't change that.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by jeromedubois Wed 01 Jun 2016, 10:12 am

If anyone can help Rovers Fans are making a stand against their owners on Twitter and have been trending for almost 24h we are trying to get the media to take notice on how poorly and dangerously close we are to administration if anyone has twitter I would appreciate anyone who adds the #VenkysOut to help us keep it going. Blackpool fans are starting to rise up again as well.

jeromedubois

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 19 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next