The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Go Again! The Premier League thread

+43
MIG
compelling and rich
jeromedubois
spencerclarke
owen10ozzy
President Trump
S.o.F
Rowley
Geordie
Galted
ShahenshahG
Scott is Back
kingraf
dyrewolfe
NickisBHAFC
Adam D
Y I Man
Born Slippy
dummy_half
hampo17
Crimey
sirfredperry
Stella
Alistair
Corporalhumblebucket
pedro
Breadvan
guildfordbat
GSC
nathan
Duty281
Hero
Hammersmith harrier
Marky
westisbest
Holymiky
Nico the gman
Lowlandbrit
Good Golly I'm Olly
Fernando
Ent
Atila
Dolphin Ziggler
47 posters

Page 8 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 19  Next

Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 8 Empty We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 25 Apr 2016, 17:58

First topic message reminder :

I'm shocked!

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 8 Empty Re: We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by Hero Sun 08 May 2016, 20:19

Mourinho walks in, buys Ibrahimovich, sends Rashford on loan to a Dutch team for two years never to be seen again.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 8 Empty Re: We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 08 May 2016, 20:48

It would be a test of Man United fans claiming their club has a certain identity. What part of that identity fits with Mourinho?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sun 08 May 2016, 21:10

None at all.
However much I don't want LVG at the helm, I certainly don't want Mourinho either. Unfortunately the one I've always wanted ended up at Liverpool and my 2nd favourite is going to City.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 May 2016, 21:13

Why is Koeman not getting a mention for these big jobs?

Done an outstanding job at Southampton.

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 08 May 2016, 21:15

And don't forget Harry Redknapp, lads...

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 May 2016, 21:16

Duty281 wrote:And don't forget Harry Redknapp, lads...

Does he still want Wes Morgan to play for England?

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 08 May 2016, 21:18

Only if he can bring Victor Moses Ok!

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 08 May 2016, 21:18

Very Happy

Our 'Arry knows what it's all about. Not every gaffer can lead his side to a 8-0 win over Bangladesh!

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sun 08 May 2016, 21:19

I'll never like Koeman after I got a Barcelona shirt with his name on the back and then 2 days later he fouled David Platt and then scored v England to stop us getting to the World Cup. Couldn't wear that shirt for months for fear of vilification.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 May 2016, 21:21

"he's gonna dink one, he's gonna dink one..."

1993 was a bad year for English football.

Man Utd started dominating!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 08 May 2016, 22:39

Sadly United missed the boat on all the ones that would suit them. I think another year of LVG and see how Bilic, Koeman, Tuchel are doing, or try Blanc out.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 08 May 2016, 23:03

I think more than anything United need a manager that can move the club past the shadow of SAF, and the only way to effectively do that is to be in contention for, and win, major trophies.

Probably 2 managers in the world that could do that, and ones already on the way to Manchester.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 08 May 2016, 23:05

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:Keeping LVG might not be the worst thing in regards to the young talent at Utd

Mourinho would destroy quite a few of them

Id agree if I felt LVG had discovered Rashford etc more by judgement than pure blind luck.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Mon 09 May 2016, 04:00

Hero wrote:None at all.
However much I don't want LVG at the helm, I certainly don't want Mourinho either. Unfortunately the one I've always wanted ended up at Liverpool and my 2nd favourite is going to City.
I don't want Mourinho either, and I must be in a minority when I say I'm not sold on Pep. It's going to interesting to see how Pep does at City.

Who else is there?

Giggs? Doesn't have any experience but I'm sure if he got the job, Fergie would be in the background to give him any advice that he needed. LVG being his own man, probably would never think of asking Fergie for advice.

Blanc? He has the United connection and has managed at the top level. I'm sure the players would respect him and with his reputation, top players would sign up.

It's a shame that none of the former United players like Robson, Bruce and Keane haven't been successful managers. Hughes has done OK and so has Strachan with Celtic, but not United managers for me.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 May 2016, 06:30

Ryan Giggs can't even manage his life properly, let alone the biggest club in world football. No way does he get the reigns at Old Trafford. Ever. The press would have a field day with him.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 09 May 2016, 18:35

Walcotts off to West Ham apparently
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 09 May 2016, 19:46

Atila wrote:
Hero wrote:None at all.
I don't want Mourinho either, and I must be in a minority when I say I'm not sold on Pep. It's going to interesting to see how Pep does at City.

Who else is there?

Giggs? Doesn't have any experience but I'm sure if he got the job, Fergie would be in the background to give him any advice that he needed. LVG being his own man, probably would never think of asking Fergie for advice.

Blanc? He has the United connection and has managed at the top level. I'm sure the players would respect him and with his reputation, top players would sign up.

It's a shame that none of the former United players like Robson, Bruce and Keane haven't been successful managers. Hughes has done OK and so has Strachan with Celtic, but not United managers for me.

Pep is not a world class manager, Enrique and his stint at Bayern Munich have shown that, any manager in the world would have success with that Barcelona side whilst there so called crisis before he took over was anything but.

Mourinho I don't want near the team, before the emergence of Rashford, Borthwick-Jackson and Fosu-Mensah I felt he was an option but he doesn't know what to do with young players aside from ship them out on loan.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 09 May 2016, 19:58

GSC wrote:Walcotts off to West Ham apparently

We've apparently (according to Sullivan on SSN) bid in the 20m mark for a player in England.

The Sun has decided its Walcott.

Got to be between Theo, Benteke, Berahino and Sturridge.

We've also bid big for a player abroad. Likely to be Batshauyi or Lacazette. Links to Icardi but that is bonkers.

Problem with Sullivan, he likes to talk.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Mon 09 May 2016, 20:09

Walking down East ham high street was an eye opener Dolphin Smile Didn't get any bother and had a cracking day. Bilic was spot on. off the ball, west ham were poor and we won every second ball. Kingsley gave your right back a nightmare all game. Superb performance by the Swans tho and should give the chairman more thought about keeping hold of Guidolin for next year.
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 09 May 2016, 20:20

You were great, just picked us off. The second goal was lovely. Sadly, Antonio was playing as the whole right side cos Moses is awful. Cant wait to see the back of him.

Yeah, there's no bother any more. Its a hell of a different place to what you'd expect though. Its changed so much even from when I started going.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 May 2016, 20:22

GSC wrote:Walcotts off to West Ham apparently

Heard it's definitely Walcott, Wenger has made the decision

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 May 2016, 20:27

If true, someone needs their head examining at WHU. £20m for Walcott or £8m for Townsend

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 09 May 2016, 20:43

Id have carried him across London for £10m tbh.

If throw in another 7-10m you can keep Jenkinson too Ok!

Ze Germans reckon Granit Xhaka is signing for Le Arse for 30-40 million euros.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 09 May 2016, 21:39

John wrote:If true, someone needs their head examining at WHU. £20m for Walcott or £8m for Townsend

Or any amount of money for an actual good player.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 09 May 2016, 21:52

I think darling Theo is worth £20 million. Probably more, in all truth.

And yes, he must start for England this summer. heart

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 8 Theo-Walcott-in-the-Euro--008

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 09 May 2016, 21:53

Think it must work out at 1m for every half decent game he's ever had.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 09 May 2016, 22:52

West Ham are too good for Wakcott surley?!

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 10 May 2016, 00:29

NickisBHAFC wrote:West Ham are too good for Wakcott surley?!

Have you been on the shandy again Nick? "Wakcott surley"?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 10 May 2016, 09:25

What Walcott has over Townsend is he's very marketable. Very popular with women, really recognised because he's been in the spotlight since he was 16. Think you'd earn more marketability wise from Walcott.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 May 2016, 09:46

Crimey wrote:What Walcott has over Townsend is he's very marketable. Very popular with women, really recognised because he's been in the spotlight since he was 16. Think you'd earn more marketability wise from Walcott.

Laugh picard

Townsend is clearly not popular with women, might want to look at his other half.

Total nonsense post. Yes, we're trying to build a side capable of breaking into the top 4, but we've got to make sure there marketable & attractive to woman first & foremost, over his actual footballing ability, which can come second. Doh

WHU should go for Townsend, much more to is game, than just pace. Walcott is technically woeful & nearly three times the cost, with wages of over £100k. It's a total no-brainer between the two.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 10 May 2016, 09:53

I don't care about marketability, but football clubs obviously do. Real Madrid most likely got rid of both Ozil and Di Maria because of their bad looks and the struggle to market them very well. Much easier to do with James Rodriguez and Gareth Bale. 

The difference in talent between Townsend and Walcott is pretty negligible I think, so I imagine for West Ham, moving into their new stadium, a high finish this year building upon that, bringing in one of the most famous English footballers in the country would come into their thinking when they consider the cost of the player. That's why Walcott is worth more than Townsend.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Tue 10 May 2016, 10:01

Bale is good looking? Shocked
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 10 May 2016, 10:03

Stella wrote:Bale is good looking? Shocked

I would be inclined to disagree!

I suppose we can look forward to Real Madrid signing Borini in the near-future, not to mention that gorgeous lad who plays on the wing for Truro City. All in the interests of marketability, you understand.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 10 May 2016, 10:07

I don't if he's good looking, but he's obviously much more marketable.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 10 May 2016, 10:07

Crimey has a point on the marketability thing, for the wrong reason. They shift on these players like Ozil and ADM because new players generate more buzz and hype than players already at the club, rather than their looks
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Tue 10 May 2016, 10:11

I can see Crimey's point with Beckham being a good example, but I don't think that's the reason Walcott could be going to West Ham over Townsend.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 10 May 2016, 10:38

The reason people would sign Walcott over Townsend is because he's a much much better player of the game of football
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 10 May 2016, 10:42

I'm saying there is a difference in cost between Townsend and Walcott because of it. Footballers have different levels of value, the things that affect that value are not always football related. In this case, Walcott as one of the most well-known English footballers has much more value as a marketing tool for West Ham - than Andros Townsend, who's relatively unknown, I can't think of an ad campaign built around him and has that weird hairline going on. 

I know it's sacrilege these years to suggest that maybe football clubs will often make decisions based not just on football, but it happens and it affects prices. Walcott is definitely more valuable than Townsend because of this, even if their actual footballing abilities are not different enough to justify that price. Walcott is going to bring more attention to West Ham, better sponsorship deals, perhaps more female eyes on them (which is something a lot of football clubs are trying to attract as there is a huge untapped potential market there.) That will mean it's worth paying more for Walcott for that kind of thing, rather than pay less for Townsend and not get that, even if the level of footballer is pretty similar.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 10 May 2016, 10:52

By sounds of thing Slaven wants Theo up front now out wide like Andross

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 May 2016, 10:58

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:The reason people would sign Walcott over Townsend is because he's a much much better player of the game of football

Andros has already shown in a few months, how much of a better player he is, than Theo. Over a larger time frame, the gap between the two would increase. Theo's career is going nowhere, because he's woeful, hence why Wenger doesn't play him & he's not in the England frame anymore. I remember you posting the same old rubbish about Newcastle signing Townsend, that it was a terrible decision. He's ended up with about four goals, numerous assists & potentially being this months PL player of the month. Must be rubbish?

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 10 May 2016, 11:50

The annual summer transfer thread is up and running: https://www.606v2.com/t63071-summer-transfer-thread-16-17

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Tue 10 May 2016, 12:38

Crimey wrote:I don't if he's good looking, but he's obviously much more marketable.

Interesting discussion, this. How about George Friend?

Do you think Boro could have the best-looking left back in the PL next season? chin

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 8 Bids-invited-for-boro-s-poppy-shirts

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 8 George_friend_880109037

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 8 Freind-headshot543-1966874_231x264
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Tue 10 May 2016, 14:40

LiamB wrote:
Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:The reason people would sign Walcott over Townsend is because he's a much much better player of the game of football

Andros has already shown in a few months, how much of a better player he is, than Theo. Over a larger time frame, the gap between the two would increase. Theo's career is going nowhere, because he's woeful, hence why Wenger doesn't play him & he's not in the England frame anymore. I remember you posting the same old rubbish about Newcastle signing Townsend, that it was a terrible decision. He's ended up with about four goals, numerous assists & potentially being this months PL player of the month. Must be rubbish?

Cmon Liamb, don't you know olly know's it all Wink

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 10 May 2016, 14:49

LiamB wrote:

Think it's best to say we have differing opinions on this one Ok!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 10 May 2016, 18:46

WEST HAM UNITED: Randolph, Antonio, Reid, Ogbonna, Cresswell, Noble (c), Kouyate, Sakho, Lanzini, Payet, Carroll

WEST HAM UNITED SUBS: Spiegel (GK), Tomkins, Valenciua, Obiang, Collins, Moses, Emenike

MAN UNITED: De Gea, Valencia, Smalling, Blind, Rojo, Schneiderlin, Herrera, Mata, Martial, Rooney (c), Rashford

MAN UNITED SUBS: Romero (GK), Jones, Memphis, Januzaj, Carrick, Lingard, Borthwick-Jackson

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 10 May 2016, 18:47

A heroic defeat is nailed on tonight

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Tue 10 May 2016, 18:55

You going, Dolph?
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 10 May 2016, 19:02

Couldnt get a ticket sadly. They made it a ballot for members, and opened it up for people to buy memberships. Gutted

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 10 May 2016, 19:15

Man United coach gets in late (surprise! its busy!) so game delayed till half 8. Will possibly ruin events after the game that were meant to go on until 11pm

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 10 May 2016, 19:47

Every club has their pillocks. Today would be the day you'd hope theyd pack it in.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 19  Next