The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Political round up.............

+34
Hammersmith harrier
Muscular-mouse
3fingers
JuliusHMarx
rIck_dAgless
dyrewolfe
guildfordbat
Shifty
profitius
lostinwales
dummy_half
rodders
Derbymanc
No 7&1/2
Hero
Galted
Ent
Lowlandbrit
Rowley
Coxy001
Dolphin Ziggler
SecretFly
Steffan
superflyweight
CaledonianCraig
GSC
Mad for Chelsea
navyblueshorts
ShahenshahG
Duty281
TopHat24/7
Pr4wn
Azzy
TRUSSMAN66
38 posters

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Political round up............. - Page 18 Empty Political round up.............

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 11 Feb 2016, 2:49 pm

First topic message reminder :

Unions are like cops....Everyone hates them until they need one..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Political round up............. - Page 18 Empty Re: Political round up.............

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 27 Feb 2017, 11:45 am

ShahenshahG wrote:Her lies are more dangerous for us though . She's a lunatic that isn't contained by such a robust opposition as the American constitution. From trying to target the children of illegals,  mass deporting of Indian students guilty or no. Her mein kampf speech to the tory party conference and then her repeated lies depending on who the audience is. She's solid in that she doesn't have the slick salesman like delivery ala Blair or Cameron. But she's just as much of a liar and more dangerous than either to us.

How's that working out? Because from what I can see, Trump can do pretty much whatever the f*ck he wants without any redress to congress or consittution, just a little occassional push back from the Courts (like May did with Article 50).

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Political round up............. - Page 18 Empty Re: Political round up.............

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 27 Feb 2017, 11:46 am

Pr4wn wrote:Drain that swamp, and fill it with far-right news-station owners and billionaire oil executives.

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh clap

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 27 Feb 2017, 12:03 pm

When I was allowed to vote in a GE.......I've voted Labour everytime.....Three times for Blair, Once for Brown and once for Miliband (Though mainly to get rid of the Liberal).

If I was in Copeland or Stoke I wouldn't have voted last week.......

I can't vote for this guy......and it's 16 points down before boundary changes.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 27 Feb 2017, 1:10 pm

It's a good thing there isn't some major political event going on right now we could use an effective opposition for.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon 27 Feb 2017, 2:25 pm

SecretFly wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
SecretFly wrote:BBC comparing May to John Major???

I listened to her - and in her determined 'I'll do it my way' attitude and in not being afraid to take the Conservatives away from their comfort zone in appealing to the very people Labour usually cling to...I'm afraid she's more Teresa Trump.

Come on now, there's no denying it.  She's gaining brazen strength - Angela will find she hasn't got a ...em...p-ussy...to deal with when those Brexit negotiations start.
Quite like May in many ways. Not a politician in the (recently) trendy Blairite mould i.e. someone who might actually merit being PM. Don't agree with all she says, but she seems calm, considered and she's at least experienced in politics. Everything that a-hole in the White House isn't, for example.

'Experienced in politics' is what the world needs less of.  Drain that damn swamp. Wink  Politicians worldwide have given us the mess that the a-hole had an easy time mocking to get himself in.  And no, in her dressing down of the police when she was Home Secretary... that was teeth and attitude not calm and considered.
Er, no. Give me experience because a naive fool is so much better isn't it? Don't be daft. It's not 'experience' that's the issue, but the individuals. To suggest someone is somehow better for that lack of any experience (at all), is just dumb.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 02 Mar 2017, 11:53 am

For anybody who expects to be around in 12 years time.........You could probably get odds on Chelsea Clinton 100/1 to be President in 2028.......

Logic......

I expect Trump to only last one term........Corey Booker is the new Obama and I think he'll be a shoe in when people lament Obama leaving in 2020 .......Obama left with a favorability rating of 57%......That's good...Booker ticks all the right boxes...

I'll give him two terms.........That leaves 2028

Chelsea has the golden surname in liberal circles.......Doesn't share any of her mother's negatives......Will have most of the networks working for her and she'll have the story of claiming the throne that was wrongly denied to her Mother.....Plus the US will be itching for a Female President even more than they are now and she'll out raise anybody on the campaign trail.....

Obviously she has two young children at the moment......but I can see a run for Congress in a few years time and remember Obama was a first term Senator..

Booker 2020...
Clinton 2028.......Go for the double thumbsup

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 02 Mar 2017, 12:06 pm

You want a strong black man President, with genuine roots in genuine race-sensitive America territory (unlike Obama) and who stands up to racism on a daily basis, the lopsided racism thrown at him by people of his own colour - it's Tim Scott.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 02 Mar 2017, 12:19 pm

Not sure I want anything on offer....

Just using the same level headed logic that picked..

Clinton to win 2016.
Britain to stay in Europe.
Burnham to beat Corbyn..
Democrats to take control of the Senate...

But I got to be right sometime. . Wink

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 03 Mar 2017, 11:18 am

The Tories can laugh at Corbyn... But they can't laugh at the rate they are losing Council seats to the Liberals in places where Brexit is a dirty word......

#Problem

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 03 Mar 2017, 11:34 am

Anyway, there is more serious news being suppressed again by the MSM!

I hear two employees of the Alt-Left Liberation Theology Church now have to be protected by bodyguards due to threats issued by some alt-left movie fans.

What a weird religion.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 03 Mar 2017, 12:36 pm

Labour have lost 26,000 members...

Labour is rapidly becoming a cult.

Providing Corbyn gets the Nomination threshold down...Labour can stay that way as long as it wants.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 03 Mar 2017, 12:41 pm

LD's have now surpassed Labour for fundraising.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 03 Mar 2017, 1:40 pm

SecretFly wrote:Anyway, there is more serious news being suppressed again by the MSM!

I hear two employees of the Alt-Left Liberation Theology Church now have to be protected by bodyguards due to threats issued by some alt-left movie fans.

What a weird religion.
Rolling Eyes What, that story that's all over the front of the BBC web site? How dare they not report it! Oh...they have. Two accountants apparently being threatened by idiots? Odds on those idiots having voted for Der Trümp?
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 03 Mar 2017, 2:19 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
SecretFly wrote:Anyway, there is more serious news being suppressed again by the MSM!

What a weird religion.
Rolling Eyes What, that story that's all over the front of the BBC web site? How dare they not report it! Oh...they have. Two accountants apparently being threatened by idiots? Odds on those idiots having voted for Der Trümp?

No, no. That's precisely why I brought it up. Trumpites don't watch that Church event anymore - they get queasy at the Preachin' that goes on Wink

No, that surely one of them whacky Alt-Left boys that go crazy for tinsel, tinfoil, ostrich feathers and teary diatribes..... Someone should tell them there is a world happening around them and it's much more serious than a wrong envelope at a Church meeting.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 03 Mar 2017, 5:24 pm

SecretFly wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

What a weird religion.

No, no.  That's precisely why I brought it up.  Trumpites don't watch that Church event anymore - they get queasy at the Preachin' that goes on Wink

No, that surely one of them whacky Alt-Left boys that go crazy for tinsel, tinfoil, ostrich feathers and teary diatribes.....  Someone should tell them there is a world happening around them and it's much more serious than a wrong envelope at a Church meeting.
Laugh You know SF, most of the time I really have no idea what you're on about. Not to worry - have a good weekend.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 03 Mar 2017, 5:43 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

What a weird religion.

No, no.  That's precisely why I brought it up.  Trumpites don't watch that Church event anymore - they get queasy at the Preachin' that goes on Wink

No, that surely one of them whacky Alt-Left boys that go crazy for tinsel, tinfoil, ostrich feathers and teary diatribes.....  Someone should tell them there is a world happening around them and it's much more serious than a wrong envelope at a Church meeting.
Laugh You know SF, most of the time I really have no idea what you're on about. Not to worry - have a good weekend.

Don't blame you, navy. I'm a convoluted fecking riddle merchant - can't help it. You enjoy your weekend too.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 06 Mar 2017, 4:26 pm

Yougov.... Labour member poll..(Post Copeland)

Do you think Jeremy Corbyn is doing well or badly ?

Well........51%
Badly.......47%

How likely is he to become PM....

Likely - 31%
Unlikely - 60%...................

Labour's problem right there.........For a sizable chunk winning power is an optional extra.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 06 Mar 2017, 5:07 pm

Labour member poll pretty irrelevant.

Massively skewed by the Momentum nuts that control the membership and not remotely reflective of the national electorate - who appear to think he's an incompetent c*nt.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 06 Mar 2017, 5:15 pm

It's not irrelevant to Labour or anybody that wants to see an efficient opposition party..

Especially the Well or Badly question.....His numbers are down from 2016..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 06 Mar 2017, 5:25 pm

It's actually pretty impressive to manage to make the Tories look competent
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 27 Mar 2017, 8:44 pm

Might be in comparison to the current muppets, but Starmer is impressive
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 27 Mar 2017, 8:49 pm

I believe he was both a head prosecutor for CPS and a human rights lawyer. He knows what he is doing I think but I feel it will all be in vain while Corbyn is there.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 27 Mar 2017, 9:41 pm

Galloway is a problem for Labour in Gorton...He'll siphon of votes from disgruntled lefties if there are any.. and a fair bit of the sizable Asian vote the Labour candidate will take for granted.

Factor in 70 percent of Gorton were Pro Europe and the Libs are chewing up Tories in pro Europe places every week in regional elections.

It has the making of a disaster for Labour..

Copeland is one thing but Gorton will surely spell the end.

Labour have to be more realistic choosing next time...and yes Starmer is very impressive.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 07 Apr 2017, 3:54 pm

I see both UKIP mps (Reckless lost his seat in 2015)have left the party..

A nothing party now

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 07 Apr 2017, 4:58 pm

If anyone wants a chuckle, check out the "protest" of the new statesman
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 08 Apr 2017, 8:31 am

Bad news for the Conservatives...Polling suggests they lose at least 24 seats back to the Lib dems in a GE....They can only feasibly win 56 off Labour even in the state they are in now...Liverpool..Newcastle etc are pretty much no go areas even if Rolf Harris was leading Labour.

May has a majority of what 12 ??

The Lib dems are saving Labour it seems from a battering....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sun 16 Apr 2017, 8:01 am

Hmm rivetting options eh? Vote Tory to ensure a hard brexit and a bill to penalize raped women. Or vote Labour - a party in utter disarray. All I can say about the Lib Dems are they are lesser of three evils if you are voting in Brexitland.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 16 Apr 2017, 8:28 am

I'll vote Green until Corbyn goes.....But I'd vote Conservative or Labour before Liberal Dems......Because they don't stand for anything or seem to.

Tuition fees and the bedroom tax pretty much showed that.

Now they are trading on being the only non Brexit party.....Another gap in the opportunistic market.

Not a Conservative but at least they stand for something.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sun 16 Apr 2017, 9:20 am

They certainly do. They stand for a party who will ALWAYS look to fatten the wallets of their own and at the expense of everyone else. The sort that pay themselves ludicrous pay increases yet throttle nurses pay rise at 1%, the sort that want to bring in a bill to penalize raped women, who are looking to bring in a Hard Brexit. Basically, they are the party for the rich. I have never voted Tory in my life and I never will. Their policies or should I say motives have always been the same. Fleece the poor to feed the rich. Greatest example of that was the Poll Tax and YTS.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 16 Apr 2017, 9:27 am

That is still standing for something....

The joke with the Lib dems is that they are more left wing than Karl Marx in Labour areas and more right wing than the Tea Party in Conservative ones.

I want to vote Labour....I'm hoping by 2020 I will be able to.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sun 16 Apr 2017, 10:52 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:That is still standing for something....

The joke with the Lib dems is that they are more left wing than Karl Marx in Labour areas and more right wing than the Tea Party in Conservative ones.

I want to vote Labour....I'm hoping by 2020 I will be able to.

Yes it is standing for something I'd never support. What they stand for is totally abhorrent to me..
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 16 Apr 2017, 11:48 am

My Wife and Father in law are Conservatives and they are pretty much big believers in a non-Unitary state...Less government....That all people should be taxed less including the rich as money gets pumped back into the economy....People earn more they spend more....

Nothing wrong with that view...Me ??..I believe in the Nanny State because if there is one thing I have learned it is that many people need nannying.

Room for all views though....Try not to stereotype too much...Unless you're stereotyping Liberal Dems..

That is okay.. Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sun 16 Apr 2017, 11:56 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:My Wife and Father in law are Conservatives and they are pretty much big believers in a non-Unitary state...Less government....That all people should be taxed less including the rich as money gets pumped back into the economy....People earn more they spend more....

Nothing wrong with that view...Me ??..I believe in the Nanny State because if there is one thing I have learned it is that many people need nannying.

Room for all views though....Try not to stereotype too much...Unless you're stereotyping Liberal Dems..

That is okay.. Cool

That does not explain away them giving themselves ridiculous pay rises way above that of inflation but capping nurses pay rises to 1% - a profession that actually earns its money. And then of course we hear of all their expenses which they have the nerve to claim as well that stretches to thousands of pounds for meal allowances at Westminster. Nauseating.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 16 Apr 2017, 12:09 pm

40 percent tax under Labour for high earners..

45 percent now and Osborne went after tax havens more than Blair did.

Brown scrapped the 10p rate which hurt low income families.

Perspective is needed.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sun 16 Apr 2017, 12:25 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:40 percent tax under Labour for high earners..

Perspective is needed.

I'm not a Labour voter either as it goes but point still stands on the Tories. They are actively seeking to blunt unions strength basically so they can command who gets what pay rises and nobody will be able to debate or stand up for themselves. They are also actively looking to undermine the NHS. Poll Tax summed them up perfectly. A tax designed in a way that the poorer had to foot a bigger bill than the rich. It caused riots across the UK and ended with John Major forced into scrapping it after a few years. Then we had YTS. Schemes supposed to be to train youngsters but were used to erase figures from the unemployed list even though those on the schemes were still getting unemployment benefit with a mere £18 on top so you were working 40+ hours a week on a rate of about a pound an hour. Jolly good show Tories. Jolly good show....NOT.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 16 Apr 2017, 12:44 pm

You're SNP...I know.

Just pointing out that not all Conservatives can be pigeon holed.... As Labour and I'm sure SNP voters can be either..

I wouldn't vote Conservative either but I don't like using stereotypes.

Sure there are some Lib dems with strong values..Just have a problem with a party that stands for different things depending on its audience...Nothing personal..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sun 16 Apr 2017, 1:29 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:You're SNP...I know.

Just pointing out that not all Conservatives can be pigeon holed.... As Labour and I'm sure SNP voters can be either..

I wouldn't vote Conservative either but I don't like using stereotypes.  

Sure there are some Lib dems with strong values..Just have a problem with a party that stands for different things depending on its audience...Nothing personal..

We all have reasons for voting the way we do. I simply refuse to vote for a party that I honestly cannot stomach. I've listed my reasons above and cannot recall any of the other parties being quite so abhorrent. I mean poll tax alone toppled the Thatcher regime it so enraged the masses.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Muscular-mouse Sun 16 Apr 2017, 3:37 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:40 percent tax under Labour for high earners..

Perspective is needed.

Well Labour did introduce a 50% tax for high earners in 2009 which the conservatives then reduced to 45%.

I agree with you that the 10p rate being scrapped was something that really hurt low income families. I'm not a conservative supporter but them introducing a 0% income tax rate for your first £11,500 is something that has helped a lot of low income families and is the kind of thing that labour should have been doing rather than scrapping the 10p tax rate

Muscular-mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 18 Apr 2017, 10:41 am

Speculation that Theresas about to call a GE.

Unscheduled statement coming in about 30 minutes
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 18 Apr 2017, 10:56 am

Would be bold, but hard to see Labour coming together at short notice to match the Tory war machine (especially when it really goes to town on Corbyn). Secures a mandate.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 18 Apr 2017, 11:08 am

8th June for a snap general election
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 18 Apr 2017, 11:10 am

Blimey, she's already on the warpath.

Largely confirms the small majority she has is the fear
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 18 Apr 2017, 11:55 am

So much for Fixed term parliaments..Blatant opportunism.

Sure we would be having an Election over Brexit if they were level in the polls ..

Shameful.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 18 Apr 2017, 12:05 pm

Not sure I disagree but think it's a good thing to have the election anyway if slightly overdue.

Highly opportunistic but that's as much on Labour and Corbyn as the Tories. Lib Dems might be the big winners, odds on them overtaking Labour?
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 18 Apr 2017, 12:21 pm

It should have happened the moment David Cameron stepped down.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 18 Apr 2017, 12:25 pm

It's not as much on anybody......

The Fixed parliamentary act 2011 is to prevent Governments going to the country when it suits them....

Lead is 21 points it is the highest it has ever been....Now we have an election on Brexit...

Would they gone June 8 if it was level in the polls ??......You don't need to answer that...

Lib dems can't overtake labour can they !!....Labour have 150 seats they couldn't lose if Rolf Harris was leader.............and most of them are probably Brexit.......

Liberals have just been hammered in Stoke and Copeland.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 18 Apr 2017, 12:26 pm

Under any normal circumstances, the idea of Labour even potentially winning a GE with Corbyn at the helm would be a non-starter. But these circumstances ain't normal, to say the least.

Could Corbyn have a prayer here?

What we're dealing with is, essentially, a second Brexit referendum, only this time it's not about whether we leave or not, it's about what terms we'll attempt to leave on, and what kind of 'deal' we might hopefully get from the other twenty-seven member states. The other issues which make up political discourse (crime, education, foreign policy etc.) will have lip service paid to them between now and June 8th, but it's going to be just about the most single-topic GE in history.

Miraculous though it would be, a snap general election with Brexit discourse dominating is the ONLY chance Corbyn has of winning, or at least losing admirably enough so as to not tarnish his reputation even further and / or see Labour fall in to a state from which they could never conceivably recover, which they're perilously close to as it already is.

We keep hearing now that we should shut up about the single market, the customs union, the European Arrest Warrant etc., because 17.4 million voted 'no' to all those things. Absolute crap.

17.4 million people voted to leave the European Union, yes, but that's all the ballot paper gave them. Before June 23 last year we repeatedly heard, from prominent leavers no less, that Britain would be able to exit the EU but still keep intact some of its trappings, including the ones I've mentioned above. When remainers countered that keeping these things were no guarantee, they were often shouted down as being fear mongers. Now we're supposed to pretend that this never happened, and that all leavers were resolute in their belief that the break from the EU should be as clean and total as possible.

We know for a fact that a good chunk of those 17.4 million people will have voted under the belief / hope that we can leave while keeping some EU processes in place; May so far hasn't seemed too willing to indulge this approach, rightly or wrongly. In a normal GE, Corbyn's prosaic leadership (or lack of it), supposed 'sympathies' towards Hamas and Sinn Féin, unpopular domestic economic policies etc. would be ruthlessly exploited by the media and Tories and see him run out of town. But with even the leavers being divided over Brexit, his only chance is laying out his / Labour's terms on his one issue against May's and seeing which the public like best; the 'hard' or 'soft' Brexit (hate using those terms, but will do for simplicity's sake!).

Corbyn getting the keys to Number 10 on June 9th would be a bigger shock than Brexit and Trump combined, but I believe there is a slither of hope due to these highly unusual times. A big, big seven weeks coming up for Labour.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 18 Apr 2017, 12:29 pm

it isn't going to be about Brexit though is it, Chris ??

It's going to be about getting personal about the most useless Party leader I have ever seen in my lifetime....and his useless shadow cabinet....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 18 Apr 2017, 1:09 pm

A decent Labour leader (so not Corbyn or Ed Milliband) would walk this election if campaigning on a centrist and clear soft-Brexit or Remain agenda.  

There's a lot of votes to be won in the centre ground - enough to win an election without having to pay lip-service to the mouth-breathers and w*nkers at the extremities.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 18 Apr 2017, 1:17 pm

A decent Labour leader wouldve forced Mays hand ages ago. The sheer amount of open goals Corbyn has missed is astounding.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next