The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Postol vs Crawford. Mouthwatering!

+5
milkyboy
ShahenshahG
BoxingFan88
hazharrison
Mr Bounce
9 posters

Go down

Postol vs Crawford. Mouthwatering!  Empty Postol vs Crawford. Mouthwatering!

Post by Mr Bounce Wed 11 May 2016, 6:00 pm

Viktor Postol is looking to unify his WBC 140 lb belt against Terence Crawford for his WBO belt on July 23rd. Both unbeaten, both exciting. This sort of fight is why I follow boxing - 2 fighters not afraid to face anyone or risk their "0s". 

Don't quite know how to call this one either...

Last edited by Mr Bounce on Wed 11 May 2016, 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Postol vs Crawford. Mouthwatering!  Empty Re: Postol vs Crawford. Mouthwatering!

Post by hazharrison Wed 11 May 2016, 6:07 pm

Mr Bounce wrote:Viktor Postol is looking to unify his WBC 140 lb belt against Terence Crawford for his WBO belt on July 23rd. Both unbeaten, both exciting. This sort of fight is why I follow boxing - 2 fighters not afraid to face anyone or risk their "0s". 

Don't quite know how to call this one either...

Crawford for me, he's special. Saying that, Postol looks a full weight bigger.

Forget belts: the winner is the true champ at 140.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Postol vs Crawford. Mouthwatering!  Empty Re: Postol vs Crawford. Mouthwatering!

Post by BoxingFan88 Wed 11 May 2016, 9:27 pm

Man this is a super fight and Boxnation just picked it up Smile

This is one of the fights of the year for sure, cannot wait!

Props to both guys for taking it

I'm leaning towards Crawford, but I literally have no idea

If Crawford wins I'll be jumping on the hype train

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 11 May 2016, 9:40 pm

Good lord, what a year so far. Mayweather and Pac go/tail end of careers and the money fights start happening Very Happy

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Wed 11 May 2016, 10:15 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:Good lord, what a year so far. Mayweather and Pac go/tail end of careers and the money fights start happening Very Happy

To be fair this one is an "In House" fight and American networks are cutting back their budgets, so they only want super fights

Still at least its not marinating, like Lopez vs Gamboa

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 11 May 2016, 11:37 pm

Good fight and definitely a good test to see if Crawford deserves the hype. No doubt who the better boxer is, but will be interesting to see who the better fighter is. I lean to Crawford, but postol is tall, rangy ( not that he particularly uses these attributes when I've seen him) and keeps coming.

Postol ships some leather trying to hand out his own so I think Crawford will get through regularly enough to w12, he'll likely have his engine tested though.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by themadworldofjb Wed 11 May 2016, 11:39 pm

What a fight to be made. More unifications please
themadworldofjb
themadworldofjb

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Thu 12 May 2016, 1:19 pm

Roach is in Postol's corner and he more often than not comes up with a cracking plan too

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Baby faced assassin Thu 12 May 2016, 2:53 pm

Think postol is a bit too robotic

But he's big and strong and took Matthysse power very well, so crawford will be tested here especially if he can't beat postal at range

Still a bit undecided about Crawford, he beat gamboa in exciting fashion but gamboa was 2 weight divisions smaller and still managed to rock crawford

Apart from that pistol is league above Dulorme or Lundy, and don't forget crawford looked less than spectacular for 8 rounds against Burns who is stylistically very similar to pistol but postol is bigger, hits harder and is fresher then burns was

Interesting fight, crawford should win though although I cN see an upset
Baby faced assassin
Baby faced assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Thu 12 May 2016, 3:45 pm

Baby faced assassin wrote:Think postol is a bit too robotic

But he's big and strong and took Matthysse power very well, so crawford will be tested here especially if he can't beat postal at range

Still a bit undecided about Crawford, he beat gamboa in exciting fashion but gamboa was 2 weight divisions smaller and still managed to rock crawford

Apart from that pistol is league above Dulorme or Lundy, and don't forget crawford looked less than spectacular for 8 rounds against Burns who is stylistically very similar to pistol but postol is bigger, hits harder and is fresher then burns was

Interesting fight, crawford should win though although I cN see an upset

Is it an upset if Postol wins, a lot of people I have seen are picking Postol

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 12 May 2016, 6:00 pm

Postol reminds me of the good old days with Lance...

Not convinced about Crawford...

Postol for me..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 12 May 2016, 8:04 pm

That means Crawford will win.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down