The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

North adopts law changes. New maul guideline in effect during June tours

3 posters

Go down

North adopts law changes. New maul guideline in effect during June tours Empty North adopts law changes. New maul guideline in effect during June tours

Post by Rugby Fan Wed 01 Jun 2016, 2:19 pm

http://www.planetrugby.com/news/north-adopts-minor-law-amendments/

In addition, an important maul law application guideline, that has been in place in the southern hemisphere since 1 January, will be enforced in the north from 1 June. Specifically, the ball can be moved backwards hand-to-hand once the maul has formed. A player is not allowed to move or slide to the back of the maul when he is in possession of the ball and the ripper needs to stay in contact with the jumper until they have transferred the ball. Sanction: Penalty.

Some of the ones we'll see next season look quite sensible: speeding up the scrum, specifically outlawing diving etc. Not sure I like the one about referees telling a side to use he ball if it stops at the number eight's feet for a few seconds.

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

North adopts law changes. New maul guideline in effect during June tours Empty Re: North adopts law changes. New maul guideline in effect during June tours

Post by Hazel Sapling Wed 01 Jun 2016, 2:33 pm

The refs calling for the 8 to use it after a few seconds has worked well from when I watched. Appear to be less penalties at scrum time. I would like a rule reducing time to kick from 90 seconds to 45 seconds. Makes kicks harder, speeds the game up and would make tries more important.

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

North adopts law changes. New maul guideline in effect during June tours Empty Re: North adopts law changes. New maul guideline in effect during June tours

Post by Pot Hale Wed 01 Jun 2016, 8:36 pm

I like the change stopping opposition scrum half putting himself between backorder and Number 8.

World Rugby site has some good video examples of what mauls are legal and what ones will now be penalised. http://laws.worldrugby.org/index.php?domain=9&language=EN
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down