The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New League Rules/Signup Page

+5
Hero
GSC
Fernando
FIFA Diva
nadeem2099
9 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Which league format?

New League Rules/Signup Page - Page 3 Vote_lcap75%New League Rules/Signup Page - Page 3 Vote_rcap 75% 
[ 6 ]
New League Rules/Signup Page - Page 3 Vote_lcap25%New League Rules/Signup Page - Page 3 Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 8

Poll closed

New League Rules/Signup Page - Page 3 Empty New League Rules/Signup Page

Post by Holymiky Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:17 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi all, 

This is a potential rules page for the new league. I understand some people will not like this at all but i have decided that we will end the league after week 8 has finished meaning that the voters will still have to vote on matches to close it out, we will complete the tables and crown the winners of each league and we will be done with it. Over the next week or 2 we will look to get started on the new league. Hear me out on this one (or read i guess) - I can see interest has deteriorated in the last few weeks and that is probably my fault and i apologise for that as i brought up the new league and we started talking about it. I think this is the best way to garner interest again and hopefully be a fresh look into the fantasy management world. I have placed below the rules, a lot of them i have kept the same but i took into consideration the PM's i received recently and worked around that to try and make them better IMO. I have put a lot of work into the the league especially recently so if anyone understands any disappointment that anyone will have, it is me.

As you may all know, i am interested in longevity in the league and to do that i feel we need to do one of two things, we either:

Get randomly assigned a team each from one real life league - This is likely to be one of the "lesser" leagues around the world instead of the Premier League for example

Or...

We are given a budget and we are able to bid for teams at a total TM price and we purchase that team and we have the rest of that budget available to us.

I am willing to run it as i have been the past few weeks, i will leave a poll on this post to choose your option.

I would appreciate if you all took the time to read through the rules and what i have said here and at least understand the time i have put into just this post alone.

Anyway, see my suggested rules below, note the reasons next to the rule if i feel necessary:

Deadlines:

-All transfers must be made by Midnight on Thursday to be eligible for the weeks games.
-Tactics are due at midnight on Friday of every game week unless stated otherwise.
-The votes/results will be due by the following Monday at midnight (depending on real life situations this may change)

Tactics:

-Tactics are required to have a starting XI, an explanation as to how you want your team to play and also a subs bench. 
-Please note that the explanation is limited to 250 words and this includes any type of team talk you wish to have with your team - In the PM's i sent out, the majority wanted more words allowed in tactics, i don't see anything wrong with 250 personally. 
-If you happen to go over the word limit within your tactics, the voter will deduct a goal for every 50 extra words and so on.

Votes/Results: 

-1 manager will vote each week, meaning that 1 manager will not have a game that week. Votes ideally should contain a Scoreline, scorers and its optional but the managers can add a few lines of explanation as to how they think the games went/any feedback on the players/lineups etc - I propose we switch back to one league rather than 2 leagues as we have lost some numbers recently.

Transfers:

-You recieve 2 TP bids every week (foreign transfers) which reset at midnight on Monday of each game week.
-There is no price limit to which players can be purchased however all players purchased must be purchased using their Transfermarkt.co.uk current price.
-The transfer market is open throughout the whole season

Squad Limit:

-Squads in both leagues must contain a minimum of 20 players but can only have a maximum of 25 players.

Domestic Transfers:

-Transfers made between managers can be made freely with no limit to how many per week. 
-All Money is to be paid up front with no promise of future bonuses.

Loans:

-Loans are not allowed in the Funky Bunch League.

Releases:

-Players may be released at half of their TM value.
-These need to be confirmed on the Transfer Confirmation page

Injuries:

-You will receive 3 random injuries to your squad in each gameweek and these players are not eligible to play for that gameweek, to do this we use the website Random.org.
-These will usually be drawn every Monday night/Tuesday Morning although again this may depend on real life.
-Injuries carry over to their new team if they are traded within the league by Domestic transfer.
-Your 3 injured players cannot be injured in the following gameweek, if they get randomly generated the next available player will be picked.

Lawyers:

-You will receive 2 Lawyer offers each week, these will be generated at the Euro price for that player, for this we use Transfermarkt.com (German Version)
-These can be accepted up until Monday Midnight before the next set of Lawyers go live each time.
-If you sell a player to lawyers you will not be able to re-sign that player to make profit.
-Other teams will also not be able to sign the players that are Lawyered until the end of the current league season - I think this could be helpful to allow for us to get more of a variety of players into the league.

Cash Bonuses:

-You will receive £1m for tactics that are on time - I have kept this the same for now, would be willing to lower it if people want, i don't want to raise it however.
-If you are voting that week you will receive £1.5m to add to your budget
-These can only be added once the voting for each week has been completed and the voters confirm if there were any tactics handed in beyond the deadline.
-If tactics are handed in beyond the deadline, you will not get a cash bonus.

That's it for now, Sign up on this page also if you are interested - The poll will run for 3 days.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

New League Rules/Signup Page - Page 3 Empty Re: New League Rules/Signup Page

Post by Holymiky Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:08 am

Understand people don't want players that they don't know but doesn't that add to the incentive to replace them sooner?

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:10 am

I don't want the league to take a break and it's not going to, there will be a bit of downtime most likely while we set the new one up and this is why i have taken the time to collate the following, please post below if you are in or out confirmed so i can randomise the teams. We are going with the Championship and the rules i am choosing are going to be set ready to start unless we really have a huge disagreement over any of them. Viva you are still welcome if you want to join, i only want people to commit if they really have the time ideally and i understand people are busy as well but i don't think we all have the time to keep covering every week for others. I have considered what people are saying, the lawyer rule WILL be changeable if we see fit and it isn't working out, everything else will be set in stone. We are planning on probably a 4-5 season game here so pleae have that in mind when reading the rules below.

-Championship clubs randomised to each player.

-Same deadlines as previous league, Friday midnight for tactics, results ideally on Monday night of the next week

-Tactics are required to have Injuries for that week, a formation, subs bench and an explanation explaining how you want your team to play/game plan for the match note that the word count will now be 250 words as a maximum and this is only counting the explanation itself.

-It will be one league called the Championship which makes sense considering the team decision. 

-One manager will vote each week, meaning they do not have a match. This means more work but we are likely to take a hit in the amount of managers involved so may not be too much extra although i hope that's not the case.

-You will be given 2 TP bids per week, this resets on Monday night at midnight every week. This will be using Transfermarkt.co.uk for prices to keep consistency.

-There is no price limit and the TP window is open all season.

-Squads in both leagues must contain a minimum of 20 players but can only have a maximum of 25 players.

-No Loans allowed

-Players may be released at half of their TM value.

-These need to be confirmed on the Transfer Confirmation page

-You will receive 3 random injuries to your squad in each gameweek and these players are not eligible to play for that gameweek, to do this we use the website Random.org.

-These will usually be drawn every Monday night/Tuesday Morning although again this may depend on real life.

-Injuries carry over to their new team if they are traded within the league by Domestic transfer.

-Your 3 injured players cannot be injured in the following gameweek, if they get randomly generated the next available player will be picked.

-We are going to try having two lawyer offers a week drawn at random. 

-This can be accepted up until the weekly league reset on Monday at midnight each week.

-Players will not be available to be signed if they are lawyered in that same season by ANY club.

-Weekly Bonuses will stay the same at £1m for tactics and £1.5m for votes note that these can only be added once the results go up from BOTH leagues.

-If tactics are late then then that manager will not be eligible for the bonus that week.

Hero
Fernando
Miky
Trebs
GSC?
BamBam
Nadeem2099

Last edited by Holymiky on Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:50 pm; edited 6 times in total

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:08 pm

Personally I don't think reducing it to one lawyer helps, in fact it could have the opposite effect of the spoils going to the lucky over the skilled.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:24 pm

Alright, maybe we will just keep it the same then. Are you in Hero?

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:39 pm

We will see how it goes again with 2.

We need sign ups guys.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:12 pm

Yes def in.

How about with lawyers that people get one from their higher priced and one from their lower priced each week?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:19 pm

Do you mean on a scale? Like out of 5 top priced players? I think that may be too easy to get money if you are guaranteed a costly lawyer every week unless I'm not seeing it correctly.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:26 pm

Yeah im in Ok! Might want to replace Wolves though Miky since Talisca is joining for £20m Laugh

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:35 pm

Yeah I will do but the only problem is that Preston are the next team and are worth around £10.7m so they are the lowest before going under £10m but we have to go with it otherwise we will be here for weeks trying to sort out prices.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:51 pm

Few thoughts.

Not sure Championship is wise. I'd go slightly higher as the Championship is seemingly too obscure. May be best to set a price limit and get people to nominate some teams on TM under that. Then randomly assign.

The higher/lower banding idea is just going to be a pain in the ass for whoever draws them.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:00 pm

I get what you're saying.

We discussed other leagues I didn't really fancy the premier league too much due to the prices of players even at lower level. People didn't want foreign leagues because of not knowing the team so what are we supposed to do? The nominating is a good idea and something I suggested but I didnt think that was too popular either.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:01 pm

Really championship too obsecure yet we can buy random people from brazil,portugal,ukraine Laugh

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:03 pm

I get the feeling that this team decision is going to drag on to be honest, GSC are you joining the league?

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:07 pm

I honesty think that for the most part the starter teams won't matter as long as they are low value.

People will want to get their own players in anyway.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:13 pm

My brains hurting...

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:22 pm

I agree with the decision on teams.
And mostly everything else

But I think we need to do something about lawyers. I either think they should be more harsh, I would like forcing players to be sold - not completely sure.

In though

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:25 pm

if going to force lawyers selling make it one of 3

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:51 pm

Fernando wrote:Really championship too obsecure yet we can buy random people from brazil,portugal,ukraine Laugh

I know right.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:52 pm

What is the normal lawyer percentage?

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:58 pm

It was about 10 percent In the olden days
Using euro values makes it roughly +25%
After Brexit it is now about 15% in euros

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:02 pm

What about if we did 2 lawyers at 10% added on? By the way we are sticking with Championship teams as they are closest in value.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:31 pm

Yep sounds good.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:36 pm

Anyone majorl object to that? If not we can move on.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:38 pm

Also whoever hasn't confirmed already can you confirm if you are in or out too.

Only person who has posted and hasn't confirmed is GSC.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:41 pm

I'm in, but will struggle with Championship

My only other comment would be that squads should start at equal number of players, some of those teams had 21 players and Wigan have 29

I'd start everyone at 23, otherwise injuries have differing impacts

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:44 pm

your only allowed between 20-25 so some will be released

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:46 pm

Even so, if I got a side with 20 I'd think it was a bit unfair unless I was able to pick up some of the releases for free

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:49 pm

most will be valueless so probably could tbf

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:56 pm

What about everyone starts at whichever side has the smallest squad?

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:23 pm

nah cos then who's ever Wigan loses half their squad

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:21 pm

Leeds - 16.07m
Brentford - 15.73m
Blackburn - 15.45m
Ipswich - 14.66m
Huddersfield - 14.45m
Wigan - 13.03m
Birmingham - 12.28m
Bristol City - 11.56m
Preston North End - 10.7m

These are the teams depending on how many we get signed up.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:07 am

Looks like it could be just us lot, GSC and Nadeem and that's it at this rate, so 7 teams.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:13 pm

New League Rules/Signup Page - Page 3 9b65680631503a25faf84eacd67a14ec
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:42 pm

GSC can you just confirm if you are in or out please?

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:17 am

If GSC is joining that would be perfect numbers for a league.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:30 pm

There were 7 items in your list. Here they are in random order:
[list="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 12.8px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"]
[*]Wigan - 13.03m

[*]Huddersfield - 14.45m

[*]Birmingham - 12.28m

[*]Leeds - 16.07m

[*]Blackburn - 15.45m

[*]Brentford - 15.73m

[*]Ipswich - 14.66m

[/list]
IP: 86.13.205.71
Timestamp: 2016-07-31 11:30:11 UTC

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:31 pm

There were 7 items in your list. Here they are in random order:
[list="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 12.8px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"]
[*]Fernando

[*]BamBam

[*]Nadeem2099

[*]Hero

[*]GSC?

[*]Trebs

[*]Miky

[/list]
IP: 86.13.205.71
Timestamp: 2016-07-31 11:30:36 UTC

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:32 pm

Huddersfield - BamBam
Birmingham - Nadeem2099
Leeds - Hero
Blackburn - GSC (if he confirms hes playing)
Trebs - Brentford
Miky - Ipswich

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:40 pm

Poopie I got Bumingham Sad At least I didn't get Leeds.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:53 pm

Leeds United are saddened to announce the sacking of Head Coach Hero after Mr Cellino was appalled to see Hero hadn't won a single game since being appointed 2 days ago

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:56 pm

Laugh

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:51 pm

Hero knows all about the FL72 thanks to The 72 Show now Smile

Maybe I could include some scout reports?

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:56 pm

Are we starting next week?
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:58 pm

Sounds ok to me. 

Everyone needs to get a team page up by Next Monday at midnight.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:06 pm

What will the new league be called? We can't have it being called he funky bunch league again. I vote to call it "The azzy is worse than Trump league"
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:42 pm

The Indecisive league.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:16 pm

"The Remain League" seeing as we're the only one left.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:02 am

Or the "Another one bites the dust league"
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:07 pm

The Brexit League, might get new people interested then Wink

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:07 pm

Hero wrote:The Brexit League, might get new people interested then Wink

I would join but I'm still busy waiting for the new post-Brexit apocalyptic world.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next