The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Man Utd ask the fans who they'd like to see brought in over the summer

+2
Crimey
ADMIN
6 posters

Go down

Man Utd ask the fans who they'd like to see brought in over the summer Empty Man Utd ask the fans who they'd like to see brought in over the summer

Post by ADMIN Sun 05 Jun 2011, 8:05 am

Received the following from Utd this morning via Facebook:

Sneijder, Nasri, Modric, Young, Sanchez, Neymar, Hazard. Which of the players linked to United would you want at Old Trafford next season?

It linked through to the following:

Manchester United Official Web Site - Blog: Scouting potential Manchester United targets

The domestic season may have finished but there's still plenty of international football to keep us occupied this weekend.

With thoughts inevitably drifting towards summer reinforcements, amidst the now traditional flood of transfer speculation, several reported Reds targets will be on show.

The Toulon tournament has already started and the upcoming Under-21 European Championship finals will allow promising youngsters to strut their stuff. Meanwhile, the Concacaf Gold Cup, featuring our very own Javier Hernandez, and Copa America will also soon get underway with more established stars in the spotlight.

There's also plenty of European qualifiers worth watching including Rio Ferdinand's England entertaining Switzerland at Wembley. Word has it from the Swiss camp that Ottmar Hitzfeld is considering throwing 18-year-old midfielder Granit Xhaka into the fray while the hosts look certain to start with Ashley Young, who has been strongly linked with a move to Old Trafford.

However, the action gets underway on Friday night with Spurs schemer Luka Modric in the Croatia team that faces Georgia while Samir Nasri, also rumoured to be of interest to Sir Alex, lines up for France in Belarus.

Belgium's up-and-coming talents go on view against Turkey, including Lille starlet Eden Hazard, with scouts from a number of clubs likely to be in attendance.
Moving back to Saturday and Brazil's friendly with Holland looks a mouthwatering fixture - and not just because Anderson could get another run-out in the famous yellow shirt. Forwards Neymar and Leandro Damiao have been linked with United recently and keeper Julio Cesar was also forwarded as a possible replacement for Edwin van der Sar. There's no Wesley Sneijder, Cesar's Inter Milan team-mate, due to injury.

With plenty of tournament football to follow, new names will be thrown into the mix on virtually a daily basis and we'll keep you updated in our popular summer feature - The Gossip.

------------------

Is this normal practice nowadays? For a club to make up their own gossip?

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Man Utd ask the fans who they'd like to see brought in over the summer Empty Re: Man Utd ask the fans who they'd like to see brought in over the summer

Post by Crimey Sun 05 Jun 2011, 11:04 am

Yeah, I've seen it on the Liverpool site, where they post stuff they have seen on news sites and put it on their own, as players Liverpool have been linked with. I think it might just be to get more hits on their site, rather than you going off to other sites to get the gossip.

I doubt they take what the fans that much to be honest, unless there is a REALLY strong hatred for one player they are linked with, which would be unlikely.

In the end, if all the fans say they want Modric, but they don't want Ashley Young. But then SAF says I want Ashley Young not Modric, they are a lot more likely to go for Young.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Man Utd ask the fans who they'd like to see brought in over the summer Empty Re: Man Utd ask the fans who they'd like to see brought in over the summer

Post by Guest Sun 05 Jun 2011, 11:23 am

I'd rather read this kind of stuff than be glued to skysports for the entire summer. While managers are always gonna buy who they feel they need, I think it's nice for the club to get an opinion from the fans. Good way to get fans involved with the club outside of the season

Back to top Go down

Post by pauline1981 Mon 06 Jun 2011, 10:10 am

i would buy messi

pauline1981

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 06 Jun 2011, 10:21 am

pauline1981 wrote:i would buy messi

Most teams would, if they could! Laugh

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Mon 06 Jun 2011, 1:09 pm

invincibleILeak (CL-6WF) wrote:
pauline1981 wrote:i would buy messi

Most teams would, if they could! Laugh

Heard he's half decent that lad, don't quite know though where he'd fit in at Utd, we might have to leave Carrick out Rolling Eyes

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 06 Jun 2011, 2:36 pm

Not saw much of him but i heard he can play a wee bit

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Mon 06 Jun 2011, 10:37 pm

In the end, if all the fans say they want Modric, but they don't want Ashley Young. But then SAF says I want Ashley Young not Modric, they are a lot more likely to go for Young.
Modric is twice the player he is, drifts in and out of games too much

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 06 Jun 2011, 10:55 pm

It wouldn't be between those two anyway, it would make more sense if they used Snijder instead of Young, I'm really intrested in what United do this Summer, think it could be the most exciting since the summer of 2001

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 07 Jun 2011, 9:37 am

I was just giving a random example, I could have said Bob and Jim. Smile

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Tue 07 Jun 2011, 11:50 am

Bonjourno!

The people of Monza were dissapointed when Sir Alex Ferguson promised the fans that he would sign Roberto Baggio. Instead he signs Andy Cole.

Then Alexk and Roy Keane start making noises about Alessandro Del Pierro. What happens? Teddy Sheringham.

The People of Monza understand that Sir Alex had his fingers burned when he bought Masimo Taibi from Italian team for a lot of cash. Since then he has sold on Rossi, loaned out Macheda and turned down the AC Millan Job.

The people of Monza are beggining to think that Sir Alex hates Itallian talent.

If he signed Monza's prodigal son Roberto Baggio then Manchester United would of won 7 Champions Leagues by now.

So now he asks the fans who they want?

Messi, Iniesta, C. Ronaldo, David Villa, Kaka, Nasri, Drogba, Chec, Xavi and Alves is what we say....

Expect Adel Tarrabt, Scott Parker, Charles N'Zogbia, Pistol Pete Lovenkrands, Gyan, Emanuel Eboue, Super Nic Bendtner, Hillarious Gomes, Barry Ferguson and Paulo Konchesky.

Good Ol' Sir Alex.

Disappointing the people of Monza since 1986.
Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 07 Jun 2011, 5:08 pm

A high tech Wum, Grazie

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down