The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Six Nations Fan Zones

+2
TrailApe
stub
6 posters

Go down

Six Nations Fan Zones Empty Six Nations Fan Zones

Post by stub Tue 11 Oct 2016, 10:09 pm

Does anyone know if there are official fan zones organised during the six nations? More specifically, when England play Ireland, is there a fanzone at Twickenham or elsewhere in London where you can watch the game?

stub

Back to top Go down

Six Nations Fan Zones Empty Re: Six Nations Fan Zones

Post by stub Wed 12 Oct 2016, 5:31 am

Just to bump it up a bit..

Do other UK cities have 6Ns fan zones?

Any insight/experience most welcome!

stub

Back to top Go down

Post by TrailApe Wed 12 Oct 2016, 7:11 pm

Not that I'm aware of.

I think the weather is against the idea - hanging around in an open area in February when you could be snug in a Rugby Clubhouse or Boozer?

TrailApe
TrailApe

Back to top Go down

Post by stub Wed 12 Oct 2016, 7:32 pm

You make a good point TrailApe!

I think that a good rugby pub will be the answer.

stub

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Wed 12 Oct 2016, 7:36 pm

Pretty much any Boozer in Rome when Italy are at home. Admittedly its mostly the away supporters though.

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by stub Wed 12 Oct 2016, 7:40 pm

I went to Rome last year for the 6Ns and would agree that it was a fabulous atmosphere.

stub

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 12 Oct 2016, 10:29 pm

stub wrote:I went to Rome last year for the 6Ns and would agree that it was a fabulous atmosphere.

Kinda why I keep suggesting that the Pro12 final be given to Rome for a few seasons (three, four or five). Get them more emotionally involved and a nice trip for fans of the two finalists.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by stub Wed 12 Oct 2016, 11:22 pm

SecretFly wrote:
stub wrote:I went to Rome last year for the 6Ns and would agree that it was a fabulous atmosphere.

Kinda why I keep suggesting that the Pro12 final be given to Rome for a few seasons (three, four or five).  Get them more emotionally involved and a nice trip for fans of the two finalists.

Yes, definitely a win win there I would say. What surprised me was how reasonably priced things were in Rome too which is an added bonus.

They are more highly evolved than us too (well us English anyway) in that they deliver reasonably priced beer to your seat in the stadium - bliss.

stub

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Thu 13 Oct 2016, 12:54 am

stub wrote:Does anyone know if there are official fan zones organised during the six nations? More specifically, when England play Ireland, is there a fanzone at Twickenham or elsewhere in London where you can watch the game?

It's not classed as a fanzone but you can get pretty much right up to the gates at Twickenham and loads of marques and beer tents etc.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by TrailApe Thu 13 Oct 2016, 1:35 am

They are more highly evolved than us too (well us English anyway) in that they deliver reasonably priced beer to your seat in the stadium - bliss.

Now that would not work for me.

I need a bimble after a pint to check on how it's effecting my balance (I seem to have an inner ear problem and fall over if I have a few over the 10)

I'm getting on - water retention is not what it used to be, after about 3 pints it's one pint in - one pint out, so a stroll to the bar allows water out/beer in opportunities

I'M getting fussy in my tastes and like to peruse the various ales on offer, just sitting there would not give me that opportunity.

Christ, I've just realised I'm getting to be an old Fart.
TrailApe
TrailApe

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 13 Oct 2016, 1:55 am

Now that we're on the subject of booze and stadiums. Some stadiums have extremely steep steps to your seat.
I've just been forced to recognise the minor miracle of so many inebriated fans going and coming for beers and surviving each time. Three cheers for the Stadium designers but I'd like to tell them the angle still isn't steep enough and to keep trying.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Thu 13 Oct 2016, 2:51 am

The beauty of the Stadio Olympico - They bring chilled cans of beer to your seat..........very dangerous

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by stub Thu 13 Oct 2016, 6:29 am

TrailApe wrote:

Now that would not work for me.

I need a bimble after a pint to check on how it's effecting my balance (I seem to have an inner ear problem and fall over if I have a few over the 10)

I'm getting on - water retention is not what it used to be, after about 3 pints it's one pint in - one pint out, so a stroll to the bar allows water out/beer in opportunities

I'M getting fussy in my tastes and like to peruse the various ales on offer, just sitting there would not give me that opportunity.

Christ, I've just realised I'm getting to be an old Fart.

Ha ha! Very Happy

stub

Back to top Go down

Post by stub Thu 13 Oct 2016, 6:30 am

propdavid_london wrote:The beauty of the Stadio Olympico - They bring chilled cans of beer to your seat..........very dangerous

Indeed! But very pleasant too.

stub

Back to top Go down

Post by stub Thu 13 Oct 2016, 6:31 am

SecretFly wrote:Now that we're on the subject of booze and stadiums.  Some stadiums have extremely steep steps to your seat.
I've just been forced to recognise the minor miracle of so many inebriated fans going and coming for beers and surviving each time.  Three cheers for the Stadium designers but I'd like to tell them the angle still isn't steep enough and to keep trying.

This is very true. It's amazing that more fans don't end up bouncing on to the pitch.

stub

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Thu 13 Oct 2016, 6:54 pm

stub wrote:
propdavid_london wrote:The beauty of the Stadio Olympico - They bring chilled cans of beer to your seat..........very dangerous

Indeed! But very pleasant too.

I must have gone when they were at the old stadium, or just somehow missed this as I went and got my beer each time!

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Thu 13 Oct 2016, 8:59 pm

Was that the Stadio Flamino?

Not sure how you missed them if it was at the Olympico! They had guys walking up and down the stairs with cases of larger!
Admittedly it was generally cans of naff larger at that - but after a certain number it really doesn't matter!

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sat 15 Oct 2016, 4:36 am

You know you're getting old when you wish they would shut the bars during the games, as I get sick n tired of getting up and down for those that then have to go to toilet every 10 friggin minutes
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by stub Sat 15 Oct 2016, 4:48 am

I know what you mean Bedford but never get to the point when I wish the bars were actually closed!!

stub

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Sat 15 Oct 2016, 4:57 am

propdavid_london wrote:Was that the Stadio Flamino?

Not sure how you missed them if it was at the Olympico! They had guys walking up and down the stairs with cases of larger!
Admittedly it was generally cans of naff larger at that - but after a certain number it really doesn't matter!

Yes Stadio Flamino, that's the one! Best thing was the weather, the beer was teeeerrible!

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by stub Sat 15 Oct 2016, 4:59 am

Peroni or something similar when we were there - not too bad in the sunshine and remember it's actually delivered to your seat now..

stub

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Sat 15 Oct 2016, 5:48 am

I only really drink ale and hate lager, so it was killing me. And I also had the worst hangover of my life and was sat in direct sunlight all game, good times...

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by stub Sat 15 Oct 2016, 10:00 am

Well can understand your issue there then Yappy! Mind you an ale is pretty hard to come by in Rome - but not impossible.

stub

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down