The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joe Louis

+2
Pedro147
AdamT
6 posters

Go down

Joe Louis Empty Joe Louis

Post by AdamT Wed 26 Oct 2016, 12:21 pm

Well how do I start?

I have sat the last few nights watching old clips and fights of Joe Louis. I always rated him, but did think he was overrated.

I was wrong BIGTIME! Talk about punch power and accuracy. He had faster hands than I remembered. His ability to stalk and walk fighters down, is one of the best in boxing history.

I used to think Ali beats him easy. I still think Ali would beat him, but I doubt it would be easy.

I like to do a bit stirring and can exaggerate sometimes, but Louis was a great fighter. Watching him put together combos is a sight to behold.

Definitely deserves his place as a top 2 heavyweight. Great fighter for his time!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Joe Louis Empty Re: Joe Louis

Post by Pedro147 Wed 26 Oct 2016, 2:08 pm

AdamT wrote:Well how do I start?

I have sat the last few nights watching old clips and fights of Joe Louis. I always rated him, but did think he was overrated.

I was wrong BIGTIME! Talk about punch power and accuracy. He had faster hands than I remembered. His ability to stalk and walk fighters down, is one of the best in boxing history.

I used to think Ali beats him easy. I still think Ali would beat him, but I doubt it would be easy.

I like to do a bit stirring and can exaggerate sometimes, but Louis was a great fighter. Watching him put together combos is a sight to behold.

Definitely deserves his place as a top 2 heavyweight. Great fighter for his time!

Yes you are really annoying and ruin multiple threads for no reason. Best thing you've posted on the forum since joining.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 26 Oct 2016, 2:09 pm

Pedro147 wrote:
AdamT wrote:Well how do I start?

Mine is light hearted. I will ask you. Do you believe I'm the only one that does it??
Yes you are really annoying and ruin multiple threads for no reason. Best thing you've posted on the forum since joining.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 26 Oct 2016, 2:12 pm

Also what threads do I ruin? The ones were GGG is being overhyped and Floyd is being blasted, over and over again!

I hope you're not under 50 years old.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 26 Oct 2016, 3:01 pm

Firstly well done for admitting you were wrong Adam. Secondly, maybe watch a fighter before forming an opinion in the first place Very Happy

So, a Louis thread. Traditionally these end well...

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 26 Oct 2016, 3:02 pm

milkyboy wrote:Firstly well done for admitting you were wrong Adam. Secondly, maybe watch a fighter before forming an opinion in the first place Very Happy

I had watched him Milky. Just forgot how good he was lol

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 26 Oct 2016, 6:21 pm

milkyboy wrote:Firstly well done for admitting you were wrong Adam. Secondly, maybe watch a fighter before forming an opinion in the first place Very Happy

I like these threads, I play a little game with myself to see how many comments it takes for it to become a conversation about Floyd's standing (this doesn't count, I would never fix my own game)

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 26 Oct 2016, 7:27 pm

Is Louis the best puncher in boxing history? At least Heavyweight?

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 26 Oct 2016, 7:33 pm

Rowley wrote:

I like these threads, I play a little game with myself to see how many comments it takes for it to become a conversation about Floyd's standing (this doesn't count, I would never fix my own game)

... Floyd bingo is a game for all the family, you don't run out of fingers counting.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 26 Oct 2016, 7:58 pm

F..k Floyd, I'm not getting the blame this time (for a change)

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Wed 26 Oct 2016, 8:39 pm

AdamT wrote:F..k Floyd, I'm not getting the blame this time (for a change)
Adam, if Floyd and louis were the same size, who would win? Would Louis be quick enough the catch Floyd? Or would Floyd put on a masterclass to outpoint Louis?

This has been troubling me for some time.

Imagines Adam now sitting by his keyboard, turning bright red as he fights to resist the temptation.

Adam's head is exploding as all of a sudden he explodes screaming the words "Dammit, I can't hold out any longer.......Floyd is the greatest, screw you all".  

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 26 Oct 2016, 9:09 pm

If you find a post were I state Floyd is the best ever, I will give you a grand.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 26 Oct 2016, 9:09 pm

Floyd Mayweather is the best boxer ever.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 26 Oct 2016, 9:19 pm

There's one. I don't accept cheques Adam.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 26 Oct 2016, 9:27 pm

Lol a grand round of applause. I salute you!!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 26 Oct 2016, 9:28 pm

You'll be hearing from my solicitors.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 26 Oct 2016, 9:38 pm

Yikes!!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Thu 27 Oct 2016, 7:07 am

milkyboy wrote:
Rowley wrote:

... Floyd bingo is a game for all the family, you don't run out of fingers counting.

It used to be a great drinking game back in the day. As soon as someone mentioned Floyd or Pacman you had to drink a shot.

Unfortunately in the past when this forum was far busier it lead to my alcoholism and now it's that little quieter I have to drink every time anyone posts anything....

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 27 Oct 2016, 4:03 pm

have one on me then huw

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down