The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One person back...

+11
Korankye88
NickisBHAFC
TwisT
Mr H
User Name
UpsideDownFace
AberdeenSteve
Fernando
sodhat
Gregers
Crimey
15 posters

Go down

One person back... Empty One person back...

Post by Crimey Mon 06 Jun 2011, 2:32 pm

We often wish that some people hadn't left the WWE, even in recent years we have seen Matt and Jeff Hardy, Mr. Kennedy, MVP, Shelton Benjamin and Batista all leave the WWE. All of these were on different rungs of the WWE ladder, but were all fairly over, there are of course others that I have missed out, or forgotton about.

If you had the choice though, who would you bring back to the WWE? Realistically of course, so no bringing people back to life, or out of retirement and giving them some anti-ageing pills or whatever.

I would bring back Shelton Benjamin. Although he has come under a lot of criticism for lacking charisma, and not having good enough mic skills, but I actually don't think that should matter with Benjamin. Brock Lesnar was never brilliant on the mic, but what did he have? A manager. WWE seem keen to bring back managers, something a lot of the IWC has been begging to be introduced for years and years with Tyson Kidd getting a new manager every week. So I think this would be the perfect oppurtunity to bring back Benjamin, he's one of the most exciting wrestlers I have ever watched IMO, whether it be in a Money in the Bank ladder match or just a plain singles match I always enjoyed watching his matches.

He had a good balance of strength, technical skills and fast moves. I think he was severely under-utilised by the WWE, it was criminal! He's a very talented wrestler, and give him the right manager and I think he could go far. He's certainly got the skills in the ring, and give him a good enough mic-piece and I think he would have it all.

What about y'all?

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

One person back... Empty Re: One person back...

Post by Gregers Mon 06 Jun 2011, 2:42 pm

Personally I'd bring back Lesnar. I know its hardly original but he would really inject something into the current product.

If I could have more than 1 then an All-American Stable of Kurt Angle, Brock Lesnar, Shelton Benjamin, Charlie Haas and Jack Swagger! Would be amazing!

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon 06 Jun 2011, 2:51 pm

Just one is tricky...I'd say Mr Kennedy as a personal favourite, and I'd give him the push he would have had if he hadn't been injured/stupid.

It's close still, I'd like both Lesnar and Angle to return one day. I feel less certain that either will though.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 06 Jun 2011, 3:05 pm

id bring back muhammed hassan.

was on course for a title reign until 9/11 happened and everyone decided he wasn't suitable for tv

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Mon 06 Jun 2011, 3:08 pm

Muhammad Hassan looked incredibly talented, just very bad timing on the gimmick

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 06 Jun 2011, 3:14 pm

fernando wrote:id bring back muhammed hassan.

was on course for a title reign until 9/11 happened and everyone decided he wasn't suitable for tv

Not quite right, he only debuted in 2004, three years after 9/11. What the real controversy was that for an episode of Smackdown in 2005, they had Hussan pray on stage and loads of guys who looked like terrorists attacked The Undertaker with piano wire, this was taped on the Tuesday, three days later we had the London Bombings, and then they didn't have time to pull it from air and it got shown which created a lot of controversy.

Then because of all the backlash from it, the television network told WWE to keep him off screen. They could perhaps bring him back, but I think they'd be worried about something like that happening again.

Also he's retired now anyway. Smile

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 06 Jun 2011, 3:22 pm

i know it was some kind of weird controversy.

i don't get the big deal everyone knows its scripted and not real.

he made a return to wrestling last year so it's possible

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 06 Jun 2011, 3:38 pm

I think it was a one-off appearance though. I think it is possible, but I very much doubt it. If he was to ever come back it would certainly be under a new name with no mention of his past history as it would be too risky considering how heavy the backlash was against the angle.

I don't think the foreigner as a heel really works anymore either, they tried it with Kozlov, but he hardly got any heat despite how hard WWE tried to push him, and with other foreign wrestlers their nationality plays only a small part. It'd be especially hard to push an Arab wrestler as a heel without coming off as racist, or at least non-PC, something very risky in today's world. Even more so when WWE need their sponsorship and deals with other companies like Mattel, who would most likely pull out of any deals if WWE got into any more controversy.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Mon 06 Jun 2011, 3:46 pm

Kurt Angle all the way.

At 42 he is still head and shoulders above the majority of the TNA locker room and I'd love a story between him and Swagger as the true All American in the WWE. It would be a way to push Swagger if he managed to match Angle in his matches.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by UpsideDownFace Mon 06 Jun 2011, 4:20 pm

Brock Lesnar. One of my all time faves, despite the short amount of time he was in it. Might have to write an article about him in the next couple of days to get everyones detailed thoughts on him

UpsideDownFace

Back to top Go down

Post by User Name Mon 06 Jun 2011, 4:29 pm

Paul Burchill.

User Name

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Mon 06 Jun 2011, 4:35 pm

No brainer for me - Goldberg.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 06 Jun 2011, 4:44 pm

C'mon guys, at least tell us why you want these guys back! Smile

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Mon 06 Jun 2011, 5:10 pm

A-Train.

Ok maybe not the first name you would think of, but his performances in japan have been first class as the Giant Bernard. He is a much improved all round wrestler now. I think he deserves another chance in WWE simply because he didn't go down the easy route of going to TNA, but went to Japan to increase his ring knowledge.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 06 Jun 2011, 5:23 pm

Funaki.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 06 Jun 2011, 6:21 pm

Why would you like to see Funaki back Nick?

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Mon 06 Jun 2011, 6:48 pm

I just feel Goldberg has unfinished business in the WWE. His poorly booked stint and acrimonious exit have somewhat put a dark cloud over his legacy and I still feel he has something to offer to rectify that. Goldberg is still in terrific shape and id love to see him fued with a new look, dominating Nexus, culminating in a match with WWE Champion CM Punk. As someone said on here a while back, how good would it be if Punk called Goldberg 'Billy'!

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 06 Jun 2011, 6:53 pm

Would the crowd react though?

It's been a pretty long time since Goldberg was involved in pro wrestling, would the current fans of WWE i.e. the younger generation, recognise him? Even if they did recognise him, they might not actually know enough about him to really care, especially as his best run came in WCW, which WWE doesn't reference too much.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Korankye88 Mon 06 Jun 2011, 7:04 pm

Well they released rise and fall of wcw and now they are releasing the best of monday nitro, so that would educate the young ones and refresh the memory of some of the older fans. My 7 year old is interested in wcw because u can unlock the nitro arena in the current raw vs smackdown game so maybe its the perfect time. I'm sure a lot of kids don't know who diesel is but didn't stop nash signin a new contract
Korankye88
Korankye88

http://www.korankye-entertainment.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 06 Jun 2011, 7:07 pm

Korankye88 wrote:Well they released rise and fall of wcw and now they are releasing the best of monday nitro, so that would educate the young ones and refresh the memory of some of the older fans. My 7 year old is interested in wcw because u can unlock the nitro arena in the current raw vs smackdown game so maybe its the perfect time. I'm sure a lot of kids don't know who diesel is but didn't stop nash signin a new contract

Haven't seen him on tv much though, have we? Maybe that's the reason.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Mon 06 Jun 2011, 7:15 pm

For me this would work perfect the 2 ways, us the older guys will know him and the younger one's that don't gives the the wwe a chance to build him up fresh

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Korankye88 Mon 06 Jun 2011, 7:21 pm

invincibleILeak (CL-6WF) wrote:
Korankye88 wrote:Well they released rise and fall of wcw and now they are releasing the best of monday nitro, so that would educate the young ones and refresh the memory of some of the older fans. My 7 year old is interested in wcw because u can unlock the nitro arena in the current raw vs smackdown game so maybe its the perfect time. I'm sure a lot of kids don't know who diesel is but didn't stop nash signin a new contract

Nash signed a legend contract, which means he appears 6 out of 12 months or something like that. Like taker and hhh are known to do
Korankye88
Korankye88

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 06 Jun 2011, 7:41 pm

Korankye88 wrote:

Nash signed a legend contract, which means he appears 6 out of 12 months or something like that. Like taker and hhh are known to do

I'm pretty sure there has been talk of him actually leaving WWE already because he isn't happy that he's not being used in an on-screen role, I'd honestly be very surprised if we do see Nash on WWE TV in the next couple of years, other than maybe a one-off appearence at a rumble.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Korankye88 Mon 06 Jun 2011, 7:51 pm

Korankye88 wrote:

I'm pretty sure there has been talk of him actually leaving WWE already because he isn't happy that he's not being used in an on-screen role, I'd honestly be very surprised if we do see Nash on WWE TV in the next couple of years, other than maybe a one-off appearence at a rumble.

Orite cool, never heard about that. there was talk of him and show having a feud at summerslam was there not?
Korankye88
Korankye88

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 06 Jun 2011, 7:59 pm

I think that was either him wanting it to happen, or just lies.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 06 Jun 2011, 8:39 pm

User Name wrote:Paul Burchill.

Brilliant answer - this guy had it all but was badly misused. One of my favourites.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Mon 06 Jun 2011, 8:47 pm

Mr Kennedy for me. Was great on the mic as a face or a heel. Great wrestler as well. Loved it when he fueded with The Undertaker. And still now you can see he is a different class to TNA.

Although I always have been saying that one day Kennedy will be back in the WWE. Im sure of it.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter Morgan Mon 06 Jun 2011, 10:46 pm

Chris Benoit Sad

Dexter Morgan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down