The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ENGLAND - PICK PLAYERS ON PERFORMANCE OR HAVE MORE POOR TEAMS

+7
davidl1061
braveheart101
AberdeenSteve
Fernando
Kay Fabe
Crimey
Young_Towzer
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

ENGLAND - PICK PLAYERS ON PERFORMANCE OR HAVE MORE POOR TEAMS Empty ENGLAND - PICK PLAYERS ON PERFORMANCE OR HAVE MORE POOR TEAMS

Post by Young_Towzer Mon 6 Jun - 16:32

Capello needs to start picking players by form and not who they are we are in for years more depressive england teams.

PHONEYS OUT, GIVE THE UNTESTED A TRY!

GLEN JOHNSON
Finished. Literally nothing at all left to offer, especially at international level, he's slow, he can't defend, can't tackle, offers little going forward no more.
Who's Better? Kyle Walker, Danny Simpson are much better defensive wise and better athletes

STEWART DOWNING
Cant do nothing apart from whip in a ball, but let's be honest we aint short of better wingers either in the squad or the country, Milner, Young, Adam Johnson run at defenders, i've seen this lad play first hand for Boro, he's so overrated its untrue.
Who's Better? Matthew Etherington is twice the player he is, Adam Johnson.

GARETH BARRY
Slow, ineffective, over hyped. Not needed, the list goes on. Played a huge part in Germany destroying us in South Africa, i've seen bulldogs keep up with whippets quicker than he got to Ozil/Muller.
Who's Better? Joey Barton is twice what he'll ever be, Kevin Nolan, Mark Noble, Scott Parker.

PETER CROUCH
Don't have a genuine lump of drift wood telling people 'i'll retire', do it and bring in:
Nicky Maynard, Jay Rodriguez, Daniel Sturridge, all untested but the tested are tired & tested.

JOE HART
You cant polish a TERD, this lad makes mistake after mistake, if it had been David James in goal saturday he would of been crusified.
Who's better? Green, Carson, Joe Lewis, Lee Camp

RECOVERY STEPS, GET THE PHONEYS OUT!

DOWNING, BARRY, HART, CROUCH, GLEN JOHNSON,

GIVE THESE A GO
ETHERINGTON, MUAMBA, MAYNARD, BARTON, NOLAN, KYLE WALKER

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

ENGLAND - PICK PLAYERS ON PERFORMANCE OR HAVE MORE POOR TEAMS Empty Re: ENGLAND - PICK PLAYERS ON PERFORMANCE OR HAVE MORE POOR TEAMS

Post by Crimey Mon 6 Jun - 16:37

Joe Hart won the Golden Gloves this season, I think it's hard to say that he's not the best England can have. He's playing at the highest level, he's young and he's already the best keeper in the Premier League, what more do you want?

Walker is completely unproven on international level, and hardly proven at club level, not even able to break his way into the Tottenham side. If anybody should take the right back spot off of Johnson it's Martin Kelly, he's pushed Johnson to the left at Liverpool and he's a very solid defender and his attacking play is only getting better.

Etherington?! Seriously? For one thing, he's far too old to be introducing into the England squad by now, same with Nolan and Barton really. Maynard has only played at Championship level. Muamba will probably get a shot at the side fairly soon.

I don't think Barry will be playing much anyway. Crouch already seems to have been pushed out of the side. And Downing can do a job for us if needed, as well as the fact he is playing with Bent and Young, two key members of the squad on a regular basis which can't be bad.

Also could somebody move this to international?

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

ENGLAND - PICK PLAYERS ON PERFORMANCE OR HAVE MORE POOR TEAMS Empty Re: ENGLAND - PICK PLAYERS ON PERFORMANCE OR HAVE MORE POOR TEAMS

Post by Young_Towzer Mon 6 Jun - 16:48

Joe Hart won the Golden Gloves this season, I think it's hard to say that he's not the best England can have. He's playing at the highest level, he's young and he's already the best keeper in the Premier League, what more do you want?

Walker is completely unproven on international level, and hardly proven at club level, not even able to break his way into the Tottenham side. If anybody should take the right back spot off of Johnson it's Martin Kelly, he's pushed Johnson to the left at Liverpool and he's a very solid defender and his attacking play is only getting better.

Etherington?! Seriously? For one thing, he's far too old to be introducing into the England squad by now, same with Nolan and Barton really. Maynard has only played at Championship level. Muamba will probably get a shot at the side fairly soon.

I don't think Barry will be playing much anyway. Crouch already seems to have been pushed out of the side. And Downing can do a job for us if needed, as well as the fact he is playing with Bent and Young, two key members of the squad on a regular basis which can't be bad.

Also could somebody move this to international?
Walker's miles better than Johnson, how do you prove yourself at international level without playing? baffling.

Joe Hart makes too many mistakes, he's a terd.

Etherington is in fine form, Nolan and Barton are 28, hardly too old is it there playing quality week in week out, Barton is better than Barry, Parker, or any other midfielder he picks form wise, he's been a league ahead Gerrard and Lampard all season, bullied Lampard at stamford bridge the other week as well, outran him all day.

Downing's never done a job for us, when needed, he's a spud.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 6 Jun - 16:53

Towzer, I thought you were on a windup before I saw how many posts you'd already had.

I agree with Leak, Hart made one mistake that was a poor team defending and you're ready to drop him? What a tool.

I'd say time to phase out Barry and Crouch, but Johnson has played internationally for a while, as much as I doubt him. Downing is still quite young and Hart is our best keeper- unless you can name someone else?

The main position to start sorting out is midfield. Wilshere is breaking through and with young talent like Huddlestone, Muamba, Rodwell, Henderson, Lansbury and Delph starting to come through as well. Not long left for the Terry/Ferdinand partnership; replacement could be any from Shawcross, Cahill, Jagielka, Smalling, Jones and Dawson.

P.S As a Newcastle fan, having Nolan in a midfield three wouldn't work if Wilshere starts as well and I know who I'd prefer. Barton has had one good season since joining us and his best games this season have been out wide, somewhere that doesn't fit in with the curren formation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 6 Jun - 16:59

Carson and Green ahead of Hart? You're having a laugh man, Paul Robinson is as good as him, thats about it

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 6 Jun - 17:01

personally my england team would look like this

hart
richards- terry - jagielka - cole
johnson - wilshere- gerrard- young
rooney
bent ( or whoever in form)

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 6 Jun - 17:01

Nolan and Barton are completely unproven at international level, it will take at least a year for them to settle in, no time at all to see if they are actually going to be good enough for Euro 2012.

All goalkeepers make mistakes, and I'd actually say Hart is probably the most consistent England goalkeeper we have had for a while.

When Walker properly proves himself at club level, by establishing himself at his own club, or leaving and proving himself else where then he should get a proper shot at International level. I didn't say that Johnson should keep his spot, but again, I refer you back to my post, that Martin Kelly should be the main candidate for the spot as it was Kelly that pushed Johnson out left at club level.

Downing is a decent squad player, and although I think better players could start we could still use him in the squad.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Mon 6 Jun - 17:04

Your main point about the fact that England need to start testing players is spot on but some of the names you've mentioned are a little off the mark.

Joe Hart is by an absolute country mile your best goalkeeper. Green and Carson blow out and cold and Lewis/Camp have only been tested at Championship level.

Glen Johnson is over rated but Danny Simpson? Really?

Adam Johnson should be starting and have to agree with all the names that Churchill above named for future places.

Plus, all the players you are naming are in their late 20's/early 30's. Surely if you are looking to test players at the top International level you should be testing those from the u21's and/or youngsters who have proved themselves but are too old for the 21's.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 6 Jun - 17:05

Anyway isn't Lee Camp playing for N.I now?

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 6 Jun - 17:06

Although he's an excellent player, it's hard to pick Adam Johnson for the international side as he seems to struggle to start for City, not sure why though.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by braveheart101 Mon 6 Jun - 17:10

Isn't it about time Daniel Sturridge was given a chance instead of playing Darren Bent

braveheart101

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 6 Jun - 17:11

I think its obvious why he doesn't start much for City, huge squad and a conservitive manager

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 6 Jun - 17:15

I think if Adam Johnson moved to a club where he played more regularly then he'd stand out more.

I think the RB spot is a bit of a tricky one, Kelly pushed John out, but I've always been a fan of Micah Richards. I'm not saying this is the perfect team, but I'd like to see a team similar to this one at 2012:

Hart
Richards Terry Smalling A.Cole
Wilshere Gerrard Muamba
Young Bent Rooney

Personally I'd like to see Pearce takeover at senior level after Capello and start to replace some of the older players (Terry, Cole, Gerrard and possibly Bent) with the players he's worked with or new players (Jones, Baines, Huddlestone/Rodwell and Sturridge). That said, if that team were to fail the media would moan about lack of experience.

Back to top Go down

Post by davidl1061 Mon 6 Jun - 17:45

Where to start on this thread...

Joe Hart is an excellent keeper and will be number 1 for years to come. I personally wouldnt say either of the goals were his fault on saturday. The first goal we have seen happen on many an occasion and the second was caused by Milner moving from the wall. We dont have anyone better, Green and Carson have both made more mistakes on a more regular basis.

Glen Johnson is certainly not slow and I would say given the fact that Ashley Cole didnt get forward either was told not to by Capello. Of the players to replace him I would say Micah Richards would be the player. Kyle Walker has only played about 20 top flight games and Danny Simpson isnt anywhere near as good for me as Johnson.

Stewart Downing is a steady player, will always give his all and you know what you will get, yes Adam Johnson is the better dribbler but cant cross. I hope that Matthew Etherington never gets anywhere near the England team, he is a mid table club plodder nothing more.

Gareth Barry is still a good player, you mention when he played against Germany when he clearly wasnt fully fit and had been rushed back from injury. Barton is a liability and will just be wound up and get sent off and Nolan plays a completely different type of game, he is an attacking midfield player not a defensive.

Peter Crouch is another good option, he offers something that none of our other strikers can. To say that Rodriguez and Maynard should play shows the lack of quality we have upfront.

davidl1061

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 6 Jun - 18:00

braveheart101 wrote:Isn't it about time Daniel Sturridge was given a chance instead of playing Darren Bent

Daniel Sturridge has played very little, was loaned out by Chelsea to Bolton, sure he did well, but does warrant pushing past Bent; top English goalscorer in the Premier League last year, and has scored is it 3 goals in his last 4 international appearances? One bad game against Switzerland doesn't warrant getting rid of him.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Mon 6 Jun - 18:13

Joe Hart is not the best keeper in the league.He is still very young but he does judge crosses badly at times and has made some very poor errors of the year. The media won't pick up on this tohugh because he is English. I think he is over rate but is still a decent goal keeper.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 6 Jun - 18:20

I'm pretty sure he won Golden Gloves this year though, which is one of the best judges of whether he's a good goalkeeper or not.

Whether or not he's the best the league has, he's the best England has got and he's got youth on his side as well. Considering goalkeepers usually don't hit their peak until their 30s he's got a lot in him and could be no.1 for a long time yet.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by braveheart101 Mon 6 Jun - 18:27

I know Sturridge hasnt played that much but neither has Carroll and he seems to be a certain starter when he's fit. I just think Sturridge is a more natural finisher than Bent he just hasnt been given the chance at Chelsea which is why I hope he moves during the summer rather than stay at Stamford Bridge and be 4th or 5th choice striker. Agree Bent has done well for his clubs but not sure he is as good at International level.

braveheart101

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 6 Jun - 18:30

I don't think Carroll is a certain starter at all, I think the only striker who can claim to be a certain starter for England is probably Rooney. Then I'd rate Bent as higher up in the pecking order than Carroll.

Darren Bent has only got 10 caps, and he's much improved these days and as I said before his recent scoring record has been pretty decent, so it would be harsh to take him out of the side now after just one bad game.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by braveheart101 Mon 6 Jun - 18:33

invincibleILeak (CL-6WF) wrote:I'm pretty sure he won Golden Gloves this year though, which is one of the best judges of whether he's a good goalkeeper or not.

Whether or not he's the best the league has, he's the best England has got and he's got youth on his side as well. Considering goalkeepers usually don't hit their peak until their 30s he's got a lot in him and could be no.1 for a long time yet.
Hart was probably in the top 4 premiership keepers last season behind Reina, Cech, Van Der Sar but I dont think he is the best keeper at Man City, Shay Given must be regretting leaving Newcastle now. Maybe he could be the answer to Arsenals problems.

braveheart101

Back to top Go down

Post by braveheart101 Mon 6 Jun - 18:36

Didnt Capello say Carroll and Rooney were his preferred choice up front. I dont have a problem with Bent just wish talented youngsters would get a chance for once.

braveheart101

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Mon 6 Jun - 18:55

He is England's best option no doubt about it, but he is not the best in the Prem.I might even have Given ahead of him.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 6 Jun - 18:58

Even as a Newcastle fan I think Hart is currently better than Given and may go on to be better than Given ever was. Given is reliable but his kicking and dealing with crosses (sound familiar?) is something that bugged a lot of Newcastle fans. But things like that are always looked past if a keeper keeps it out of the net, which is his job.

I think a front three of Rooney, Carroll and Walcott could work quite well, and if you think then you'd have the likes of Young, Bent and Sturridge to come off the bench with their pace.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Mon 6 Jun - 19:02

He has always been reliable for Ireland anyway.I've never seen him have a bad game for us.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Mon 6 Jun - 21:55

Towzer, I thought you were on a windup before I saw how many posts you'd already had.

I agree with Leak, Hart made one mistake that was a poor team defending and you're ready to drop him? What a tool.

I'd say time to phase out Barry and Crouch, but Johnson has played internationally for a while, as much as I doubt him. Downing is still quite young and Hart is our best keeper- unless you can name someone else?

The main position to start sorting out is midfield. Wilshere is breaking through and with young talent like Huddlestone, Muamba, Rodwell, Henderson, Lansbury and Delph starting to come through as well. Not long left for the Terry/Ferdinand partnership; replacement could be any from Shawcross, Cahill, Jagielka, Smalling, Jones and Dawson.

P.S As a Newcastle fan, having Nolan in a midfield three wouldn't work if Wilshere starts as well and I know who I'd prefer. Barton has had one good season since joining us and his best games this season have been out wide, somewhere that doesn't fit in with the curren formation.
He made 2 mistakes in the game on saturday. Made a mistake against Leicester, Birmingham, D.Kiev, there to name a few, i think your a WUM saying he';s better than Shay, Hart aint in the same league even as Krul, he's an hype job that's all playing for a rich club, Given kept out tons of goals playing in front of comedy defences at the Toon for years, who's better? Joe Lewis, Carson, Foster, Green, all them. Barton is miles better than Barry, Parker, was awesome last season, Nolan is far better than spuds like Downing and deserves a squad place at lease, he's 28 as at least another 3 years and always gets goals, Glen Johnson? do me a favour he has put weight on, got slower, is an absolute bag of nerves, Danny Simpson's 10 times the player he is, as is Kyle Walker.

The problem is, attitudes like yours picking reputations, having seen too much of mediocre players like Downing, Glen Johnson, Hart manifactured into people saying there this and that, i think enough is enough, there not good enough, like us.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 6 Jun - 22:08

Please, just explain to me then how Joe Hart won Golden Gloves this year?

If Kyle Walker is so brilliant, why can't he even get into the squad at Spurs?

Danny Simpson? That is the most obvious club bias I have ever seen. At least be realistic.

Same with Nolan and Barton, if they weren't playing for Newcastle you wouldn't consider them, with good reason!

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Mon 6 Jun - 22:10

Why was my comment deleted? Doh

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 6 Jun - 22:11

Not sure mate.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 6 Jun - 22:15

I really don't think I'm picking on reputations; if you're a Newcastle fan, like myself, then your blinded by your appalling biasedness. I'd rather pick players who have shown they have the quality than throwing in average Championship players who won't last in an international squad.

I don't think Johnson is a brilliant RB, but I'd say there hasn't been a big challenge to him yet. Kelly, Richards and Walker are all players who could push him next season. As, perhaps, is Simpson but this season was he quality to start but too often has got caught out positionally. I'd rather see Richards ahead of him from an England perspective. Having watched every Krul game this season, he's good but he doesn't command it in his box and never looks completely safe. But why compare Hart to a goalkeeper not even eligible for England? The ones you list I'd guess are jokes? The only one who comes close is Ben Foster; Joe Lewis has never been tested against strong opposition.

I'd say Barton is better than Barry, but he did a job out on the right this season with a lot of his assists coming after delivering to Andy Carroll. Kevin Nolan doesn't fit the shape. When he's not poaching goals he's ineffectual in the game. If you'd rather give a squad place to someone who's closer to the end of his career than his start, then I'd worry. With such great young midfielders breaking through I'd rather give them some of the experience.

Back to top Go down

Post by braveheart101 Mon 6 Jun - 22:18

Wasn't it a tie between Hart and Cech as both Chelsea and Man City both conceded the fewest goals in the premiership?

braveheart101

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Mon 6 Jun - 22:34

I really don't think I'm picking on reputations; if you're a Newcastle fan, like myself, then your blinded by your appalling biasedness. I'd rather pick players who have shown they have the quality than throwing in average Championship players who won't last in an international squad.
If im a toon fan, yes i am a toon fan and go to the games, Joey Barton has been better than any midfielder out of england this season by a mile, that should of resulted in an england call up, end of. Nolan should also be in there, i don't think scoring 12 goals and creating many and working his socks off is being bias, by any means, they both should be in on merit.

@braveheart
how much is the defence worth in front of him lol? he's a phoney. Not in Given's leagues, when he keeps clean sheats in champions league games and plays in front of shocking defences but still plays awesome i might mention him next to Shay.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Mon 6 Jun - 22:36

With such great young midfielders breaking through I'd rather give them some of the experience.
Wilshere is the only 'great' one coming through imo. What are we meant to do keep playing the tired tirade of poor, poor players. They should sack that idiot and get Harry Redknapp, he'd have the balls to pick Joey and Kev.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by braveheart101 Mon 6 Jun - 23:59

Young_Towzer wrote:If im a toon fan, yes i am a toon fan and go to the games, Joey Barton has been better than any midfielder out of england this season by a mile, that should of resulted in an england call up, end of. Nolan should also be in there, i don't think scoring 12 goals and creating many and working his socks off is being bias, by any means, they both should be in on merit.

@braveheart
how much is the defence worth in front of him lol? he's a phoney. Not in Given's leagues, when he keeps clean sheats in champions league games and plays in front of shocking defences but still plays awesome i might mention him next to Shay.
England have alot of quality central midfielders so that isnt really the problem area at the moment. Capello should be looking at a striker to play along side Rooney. As for Hart I agree that Given is a better keeper and wont be surprised to see him leave Eastlands this summer. England havent had a world class keeper for years now, there have been alot of young keepers tried but as soon as they make a mistake they get dropped which obviously has affected their confidence. Capello should pick who he thinks is the best and stick with him for every game and that goes for the defence as well, am starting to think Terry and Ferdinand are past their best and should be replaced.

braveheart101

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Tue 7 Jun - 1:02

Hart - easily England's #1, at the moment his place isn't under threat.

Johnson - agree he isn't up to it however england don't have depth at rb at this time, giving Kyle Walker a go in a freindly could be a shout though.

Barry - Wilshere/Parker will replace soon i would imagine. Barry is a decent sub who can provide some form experience if there are less experienced players in the middle.

Downing - replace with Adam Johnson imo in a freindly or two and let him have a real go, one of englands few players i find exciting when he gets the ball at his feet.

Crouch - gone anyway now he has announced he wont play under Capello, Bent should be playing anyway. As a Bristol City fan to mention Maynard as a potential, not at this time. Admittidly Bothroyd got a game, however there is doubt where Maynard will be finding himself next season. If he finds himself in the premier league there is a possiblility he could feature in a year or so. If he remains at City i doubt it.

My line up:

................................. Hart .................................
Walker ....... Terry ................ Cahill ........ A.Cole
.................. Parker.............. Wilshere ................
Young.................................................... Johnson
.................. Rooney .............. Bent .....................

Subs:
Carson
Ferdinand
Baines
Walcott
Gerrard
Sturridge
Defoe

probably missed a few guys but i'm tired so cant be botherd to think

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 7 Jun - 9:44

braveheart101 wrote:Wasn't it a tie between Hart and Cech as both Chelsea and Man City both conceded the fewest goals in the premiership?

That would still make him the best English goalkeeper. And I think Hart might have won it as he played less games, although I am not completely sure.

Towzer, so you're saying because Hart plays in a good defence he doesn't deserve to be picked? Good one...

It's not about having balls to pick Barton or Nolan, it's just about common sense. They're both coming to the end of their careers, have no experience at international level at all, Barton is a nutter who only disrupt things and the main thing is one of England's major problems is we're not a TEAM just a group of individuals, if we start pulling out all the people that have been in the team for years and replacing them with 28 year old average midfielders we're just going to have to start rebuilding a team all over again.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by davidl1061 Tue 7 Jun - 9:52

Towzer, what 2 mistakes did he make on saturday, the first free kick that went in has been scored on many an occasion and should have been cleared by Rio Ferdinand. The second goal was caused by Milner moving out of the wall, Hart had lined the wall up correctly to fully cover that post!!

davidl1061

Back to top Go down

Post by braveheart101 Tue 7 Jun - 12:12

invincibleILeak (CL-6WF) wrote:
It's not about having balls to pick Barton or Nolan, it's just about common sense. They're both coming to the end of their careers, have no experience at international level at all, Barton is a nutter who only disrupt things and the main thing is one of England's major problems is we're not a TEAM just a group of individuals, if we start pulling out all the people that have been in the team for years and replacing them with 28 year old average midfielders we're just going to have to start rebuilding a team all over again.
Surely its time for Capello to start promoting players from the U21 squad (even just for friendlys to start with) rather than give older players the odd cap good as they have played for their clubs their international career isn't going to last more than a year or 2 if that long. Whats the point in giving a 34 year old a chance in a friendly, chances are he wont make the squad for European Championship or World Cup finals.
The following players have been used over the past year. Are they really worth a chance instead of younger players?

PLAYER AGE CAPS
K. Davies 34 1
J. Bothroyd 29 1
S. Warnock 29 4
M. Dawson 27 4
S. Parker 30 6
B. Zamora 30 1
R. Green 31 11

braveheart101

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 7 Jun - 12:21

I think you're right with all of them, he should have been picking Parker years ago anyway. Perhaps the only two I would still consider picking are Dawson and Green as they both could have about 6 years left in them.

I'm not sure Capello is planning past the European Championships in 2012, obviously because he's not going to be in the job after then, and all of those players could still be playing next year anyway, but probably not at the World Cup.

I do agree with whoever commented earlier on and suggested Pearce for the England job, I think it'd be an excellent choice, as Pearce has built a strong team in the U21s, if the competitions are anything to go by we've got one of the best U21s in Europe, and I think if Pearce was to become England manager he'd bring up that team he has built together and hopefully take some of the success they've had in the youth competitions onto the major stage.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by braveheart101 Tue 7 Jun - 12:39

Thats exactly the point, just look at Spain and Germany they both promote players from their U21's so they have a much more settled squad. Whats the point in picking Kevin Davies who at 34 wont be in Capellos thoughts come next summer. Good shout about Dawson (he should have more than 4 caps by now though) and Green is probably Englands no. 2 keeper but the rest are to old now.

braveheart101

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 7 Jun - 12:44

I think he was just testing out Davies, I think if it had been a success he would be considered for European Championships, it's only next summer, I still think Davies will be first choice striker for Bolton by then.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ian_jamsie Tue 7 Jun - 12:53

Joey Barton is twice what he'll ever be, Kevin Nolan, Mark Noble, Scott Parker

---------------------

2 from newcastle and 2 from West Ham. Midfields that have been over ran on a number of occasions.

Milner totally dominated Parker in centre mid when Villa played West Ham.

Man City paid 20+ million for a centre mid and put him out on the wing where he is worth no more than 12.

ian_jamsie

Back to top Go down

Post by braveheart101 Tue 7 Jun - 13:15

ian_jamsie wrote:

Man City paid 20+ million for a centre mid and put him out on the wing where he is worth no more than 12.
Thats just because Man City are the new Chelsea and can buy who they want for any amount of money and pay ridiculous amounts in wages.

braveheart101

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 7 Jun - 13:17

Of that list of players I'd say Dawson is the only one I'd keep involved. Not sure if this is going off topic, but my selection of a squad of 23 to take to Euro 2012 would be:

GK: Hart, Green (Or has he pulled himself out?), Fielding
DEF: Terry, Dawson, Jagielka, Smalling/Cahill, A.Cole, Baines, Johnson, Richards
MID: Wilshere, Gerrard, Huddlestone, Young, A.Johnson, Muamba, Milner/Lampard/Barry
STR: Rooney, Bent, Sturridge, Carroll, Walcott

A decent mix of experienced players with some younger talent to back it up and play a role. Of those 23 (26 named really), 9 of them would be 30 by the time 2014 WC comes around.

Back to top Go down

Post by braveheart101 Tue 7 Jun - 13:18

invincibleILeak (CL-6WF) wrote:I think he was just testing out Davies, I think if it had been a success he would be considered for European Championships, it's only next summer, I still think Davies will be first choice striker for Bolton by then.
Maybe but surely you cant judge success or failure on 1 match, if Davies is in Capello's plans for next summer he has to be given at least 3 or 4 games for him to prove he's good enough

braveheart101

Back to top Go down

Post by braveheart101 Tue 7 Jun - 13:24

Churchill wrote:Of that list of players I'd say Dawson is the only one I'd keep involved. Not sure if this is going off topic, but my selection of a squad of 23 to take to Euro 2012 would be:

DEF: Terry, Dawson, Jagielka, Smalling/Cahill, A.Cole, Baines, Johnson, Richards
MID: Wilshere, Gerrard, Huddlestone, Young, A.Johnson, Muamba, Milner/Lampard/Barry

A decent mix of experienced players with some younger talent to back it up and play a role. Of those 23 (26 named really), 9 of them would be 30 by the time 2014 WC comes around.
Not a bad squad but i dont think Terry, Lampard or Barry should make it. I dont think Terry is as good a defender now as 3 or 4 years ago, Lampard and Gerrard can't play together and would prefer Johnson, Wilshire and Young to Barry

braveheart101

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 7 Jun - 13:24

braveheart101 wrote:
invincibleILeak (CL-6WF) wrote:I think he was just testing out Davies, I think if it had been a success he would be considered for European Championships, it's only next summer, I still think Davies will be first choice striker for Bolton by then.
Maybe but surely you cant judge success or failure on 1 match, if Davies is in Capello's plans for next summer he has to be given at least 3 or 4 games for him to prove he's good enough

That's what I thought as well BH, so I'm not sure what Capello was thinking, I can only assume he decided Davies wasn't good enough in training etc.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 7 Jun - 13:25

braveheart101 wrote:
Churchill wrote:Of that list of players I'd say Dawson is the only one I'd keep involved. Not sure if this is going off topic, but my selection of a squad of 23 to take to Euro 2012 would be:

Not a bad squad but i dont think Terry, Lampard or Barry should make it. I dont think Terry is as good a defender now as 3 or 4 years ago, Lampard and Gerrard can't play together and would prefer Johnson, Wilshire and Young to Barry

He's going to have to take Terry though, he's just named permanent captain. I think that's close to being what he'll take, maybe without Sturridge or Muamba, replaced with Defoe and Parker.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by davidl1061 Tue 7 Jun - 13:26

I almost think Davies was given a sympathy cap, there was nobody else available and he has been doing a god job in that role for a long time. For me Dawson should be starting games at centre half I think he is an excellent player, its a travesty he only has 4 caps!

davidl1061

Back to top Go down

Post by braveheart101 Tue 7 Jun - 13:29

braveheart101 wrote:

That's what I thought as well BH, so I'm not sure what Capello was thinking, I can only assume he decided Davies wasn't good enough in training etc.
All Capello thinks about is the 6 million he will get in the next year, alot of his decisions and comments are beyond belief. How can the England team be tired, the season finished 2 weeks ago and if a professional cant be fit enough to play 90 mins they shouldnt be in the squad

braveheart101

Back to top Go down

Post by braveheart101 Tue 7 Jun - 13:33

braveheart101 wrote:

He's going to have to take Terry though, he's just named permanent captain. I think that's close to being what he'll take, maybe without Sturridge or Muamba, replaced with Defoe and Parker.
Defoe and Bent are too similar so id take Sturridge instead of 1 of those as for Terry reinstated as captain thats madness, Capello should have stood by his original decision. I still think Gerrard is the only player who can motivate the team and should have been given the captaincy.

braveheart101

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next