The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charlie Adam transfer and Ian Holloway

4 posters

Go down

Charlie Adam transfer and Ian Holloway Empty Charlie Adam transfer and Ian Holloway

Post by Adam D Thu 27 Jan 2011, 5:51 am

Don't know if anyone has heard this but apparantely, Ian Holloway gets a cut of any transfer fee that Blackpool players generate.

I don't know how much it is but lets say it was 1% of the reported £5m, he will be pocketing £50k!

No wonder he valued him at £14m!

What is everyones thoughts on this?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Charlie Adam transfer and Ian Holloway Empty Re: Charlie Adam transfer and Ian Holloway

Post by AberdeenSteve Thu 27 Jan 2011, 6:13 am

Holloway is a slydog! Blackpool on paid 750k for him.
Adam is a quality player though! Easily worth 8 to 9 million. Wouldn't go as far to say 14m

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Charlie Adam transfer and Ian Holloway Empty Re: Charlie Adam transfer and Ian Holloway

Post by Marky Thu 27 Jan 2011, 6:19 am

I'm sure I read that the deal only applies to players Holloway brought to Blackpool, so if they're sold on at profit he gets a bonus/reward for helping to build him up.

I can't imagine it'll be more than 5%, but 5% of £10m is a tidy half million!

But it's not like he can sell players who have been there longer than him, and cash in. But don't be surprised if DJ Campbell moves on in the summer for a few million more than Blackpool paid for him!

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Jan 2011, 2:19 pm

Hes deffinately the hot topic at the moment.
If Liverpool do get him, do they view him as the new Alonso. He certainly seems to fit the role well.
But if he has 5 matches and does nothing, will he be another Stephen Ireland, doomed to the bench?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarsippius Thu 27 Jan 2011, 2:29 pm

My nagging concern about Adam is why he wasn't a success for Rangers. With respect they're not the best team in the world but he seemed unable deal with not being the main man. If that is the case (and it may not be), then how will he perform next to Gerrard? That said he destroyed United on tuesday so he seems to have the quality.

On another note, I love Ollie and he deserves all the money he gets from this deal

Sarsippius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down