The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWE Elimination Chamber Results

+7
Kay Fabe
Samo
Crimey
Mr H
Ché Guerrero
Dolphin Ziggler
Fernando
11 posters

Go down

WWE Elimination Chamber Results  Empty WWE Elimination Chamber Results

Post by Fernando Mon 13 Feb 2017, 4:06 am

Becky def Mickie James

Kalisto & Apollo Crews def Dolph Ziggler - Pre match Ziggler took out Kalisto, Post match he took out Crews by wrapping a chair around his ankle and stamping on it

American Alpha def Ascension/Uso's/Breezango/Vaudevillains/Slater & Rhyno - Uso's attacked AA after they were eliminated - Ascension still f**ked up

Natalya & Nikki was a double countout - They had another brawl later in the night where Nikki got shoved into Maryse but the commentators never mentioned it was her.

Randy Orton def Luke Harper - Was a quality match

Naomi def Alexa Bliss to win the SD Women's Title Match #BlackHistoryMonth

Elimination Chamber

1st out - Baron Corbin by Ambrose - Corbin threw Ambrose through a pod post pinfall
2nd out - Dean Ambrose by The Miz - He hid in his pod until Corbin had gone
3rd out - The Miz by John Cena - AA
4th out - John Cena by Bray Wyatt - Sister Abigail
The New WWE Champion - Bray Wyatt - Phenomenal Forearm caught into Sister Abigail

Randy Orton came out and stared at Bray after the match - Bray just knelt and shouted "Follow the Buzzards"

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

WWE Elimination Chamber Results  Empty Re: WWE Elimination Chamber Results

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 13 Feb 2017, 11:34 am

It was mentioned later in the night that Miz may have come out alone due to Maryse getting mixed up with Nikki. Stellar match incoming

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ché Guerrero Mon 13 Feb 2017, 11:40 am

Yep seems like we are getting
Cena&Nikki vs Miz&Maryse

also
Shane vs AJ

FFS what a waste

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 13 Feb 2017, 12:33 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:It was mentioned later in the night that Miz may have come out alone due to Maryse getting mixed up with Nikki. Stellar match incoming

my bad was having a piss during the chamber entrances angel

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Mon 13 Feb 2017, 1:39 pm

No problem with Wyatt winning the title, but I do have a problem with Cena having a 2 week reign. It totally cheapens him matching Ric Flair's record when he didn't even successfully defend the title once. Would have been much better for AJ to retain and go into the Chamber as champion, begin the match as he did and he the last to be eliminated as he did. They totally should have held off on the Cena record breaking moment until later in the year. He'll now be remembered for having a token title win just to match Flair.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 13 Feb 2017, 2:32 pm

To be fair I imagine the more meaningful win will be when he wins his 17th, I think that's why they got the 16th out of the way with a transitional reign. I do think Wyatt should have pinned Cena last though, it would have meant more. Especially if they booked it like he was Super Cena but he loses anyway. So keeps kicking out of everything, only for Wyatt to finally put him away. I also think that would have led to some unexpectedness at the end as it wouldn't be totally out of character for WWE to go forward with Cena/Orton at Mania. I also think it would have made Cena look more desperate to hold onto the title. They just didn't tell a very good story with this reign.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Mon 13 Feb 2017, 3:11 pm

Can't argue with that to be fair Crimey. I think I'm just looking at it from a sympathetic view on behalf of AJ Styles in that his title reign didn't deserve to end to Cena who went on a 2 week run.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon 13 Feb 2017, 3:34 pm

Thought the match itself was very good even if Im not a huge fan of the new chamber design. I read somewhere that Steph said its because more arenas have big score boards in the centre now so it makes putting the old chamber up very difficult. Also dont like the pads ringside, kinda takes away from it a bit.

Decent PPV overall if almost entirely predictable. Naomi winning was probably my biggest surprise of the night.

Where do AA go now that they've just beat the entire tag division on SmackDown?

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 13 Feb 2017, 3:37 pm

I'd assume it's back to the Uso's until WM then The Revival to get the call up.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 13 Feb 2017, 3:51 pm

I really enjoyed the Chamber and thought it was booked more or less perfectly, at least with the Final 3 anyway, I like the fact Cena was pinned second last, it gave everyone a buzz that a new champion was about to be crowned, I thought all three were excellent too.

I had the same old feelings about Cena dropping the belt so soon and him not being pinned last as well but on reflection it did more good than harm, Wyatt pinned Cena clean, it really doesn't matter when within the match it happened, he pinned him clean on a night he won the Title, that's huge regardless of when in the match, as for AJ, I think he was the star of the show, spent the most time in the ring and came out of it looking stronger too.

My only concern is SmackDown's two biggest stars, Styles and Cena have came out of the last SD PPV without a certain feud for WrestleMania, they'll both obviously feature quite heavy on the show but you'd think that at least one of them would have anlong term storyline to bounce off.

I'm not overly excited about the Wyatt/Orton program, I'd rather have seen Orton win the belt off AJ under the spell of Bray than watch him take the belt off Wyatt and strip him of everything in the process, the family, the belt and his aura...all in the name.of sweet revenge.

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon 13 Feb 2017, 5:44 pm

Mr H wrote:No problem with Wyatt winning the title, but I do have a problem with Cena having a 2 week reign. It totally cheapens him matching Ric Flair's record when he didn't even successfully defend the title once. Would have been much better for AJ to retain and go into the Chamber as champion, begin the match as he did and he the last to be eliminated as he did. They totally should have held off on the Cena record breaking moment until later in the year. He'll now be remembered for having a token title win just to match Flair.

In fairness a 2 week transition reign is very in the spirit of how Flair got to as many reigns as he did

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 13 Feb 2017, 5:51 pm

Agree with all that KF. I like that they've dared to do some long term stuff with Orton/Wyatt, but I hope WM is just the end of Orton as part of the family and Bray wins. If they then draft Randy over to Raw it gives Wyatt a big win and also stops the weird lingering story. 

Overall, a fine PPV with a few too many matches I didn't care about. There was nothing wrong in themselves with Nikki/Natalya, Naomi/Bliss or the tag match being on the PPV, but I just didn't care. 

AA beating the whole division is only good if they throw someone like the Revival at them, but the Usos needed to have won the titles by now to do their new personas some benefit.

Naomi is just very dull; turn the lights back on and she's just a bland athlete rather than a wrestler.

Nikki and Natalya is a Divas feud in a Women's wrestling scene.

Both then weakened the appeal of Mickie vs Becky, which should have been the Mania title match (and hopefully could still be). 

They've got about 7 episodes now to, by the looks of things, set up feuds for Ziggler, Miz, Styles, Cena, Ambrose and Corbin. I would guess we get Miz/Cena with partners, then either Ambrose/Corbin or the IC ladder match. 

I think I'd prefer Styles to do a cross brand match and Ziggler to face Shane. Although I'd enjoy Styles vs Shane.

On the IC ladder match, I'd guess candidates are Ambrose, Corbin, Crews, Ziggler, Kalisto and Harper. Possibly a "hilarious" Elsworth inclusion.

Any news on whether Shelton is gonna be fit for this?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 13 Feb 2017, 6:13 pm

As if they've looked at that smackdown roster, stacked with great talent like Styles, Cena, Ambrose, Ziggler, Corbin, Miz and gone

Let's have the most boring wrestler of possibly all time, Randy Orton main event wrestlemania and likely win the title

Depressing
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon 13 Feb 2017, 6:28 pm

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:As if they've looked at that smackdown roster, stacked with great talent like Styles, Cena, Ambrose, Ziggler, Corbin, Miz and gone

Let's have the most boring wrestler of possibly all time, Randy Orton main event wrestlemania and likely win the title

Depressing

I think thats grossly unfair.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 13 Feb 2017, 7:41 pm

I can't argue as I'm a massive Orton fan.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 13 Feb 2017, 8:09 pm

Randy Orton is the one guy who'd be a World Champion in every single era of Pro Wrestling, probably the highest praise you could give him

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 13 Feb 2017, 9:45 pm

He's been incredibly boring since 2009 though to be fair, that was over 8 years ago since he was last interesting. This Wyatt storyline would have been so much better had Orton made any effort in it to make it believable.

His in-ring style is just too choreographed, it looks effortless in the worst possible way.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 13 Feb 2017, 10:04 pm

I thought it was a decent ppv.

Think we will get a 6 pack challenge for the Womens Title.

Alexa vs Naiomi vs Becky vs Natayla vs Mickie vs Carmella

Ambrose vs Corbin for the IC title

Cena and Bella vs Miz and Maryse (FFS)

The Usos vs American Alpha - Was gutted the revival never showed.

Wyatt vs Orton

Hopefully there will be a Money in the bank this year. Also hope they do something better with Styles than vs Shane.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 13 Feb 2017, 10:20 pm

I love his in-ring style. Looks sudden, impactful and fits his character perfectly

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 13 Feb 2017, 10:47 pm

I think it's.a tad harsh to say he's not been interesting in 9 years although I suppose it's each to his own so if you don't find him interesting who am I to say you're wrong.

I think being so good, so polished so young meant he was always going to be considered dull to some for certain periods because there's only so much you can do year on year for 15 years.

I get the 'too polished' criticism, he's so smooth and effortless at executing his moves it can look too choreographed but in an era when guys are dropping like flies you won't find me criticising someone who can look like a genuine badass and still be as safe as they come.

I enjoyed his face run in 2011 and he and Christian tore the place down, it could easily have won Feud of the Year

I also enjoyed his heel run as the front man of the Authority in 2013, he was perfect for it, the Batista return short changed him in the essence that it became Bryan vs Batista and Orton was an unfortunate after thought.

I think back to SummerSlam in his return against Lesnar, he was presented like an equal, he is an equal, just far more exposed and less protected but he looked like a genuine A list star in that feud, he acted like one too, there isn't many who can pull that off, that's why I rate him highly.

If anything, I'd actually prefer to see him in his street clothes a bit more often, like in the build up with Brock, he looked cool and badass

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 13 Feb 2017, 10:57 pm

All I wonder is whether the better story might have been Wyatt winning the Rumble and Orton being in the Chamber as a soldier. 

I just hope Wyatt wins, and would have no qualms if it was as a result of Harper (and maybe Rowan) helping him. 

As an aside, if I could pick a tag team to beat AA on the main roster than it would be Harper and Rowan who were phenomenal together.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 13 Feb 2017, 11:08 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:All I wonder is whether the better story might have been Wyatt winning the Rumble and Orton being in the Chamber as a soldier. 

Totally agree. 

Bray Wyatt should have won the Rumble then Elimination Chamber should have been Cena vs Styles vs Harper vs Orton vs Corbin vs Miz. Then the story could have been Wyatt using Orton to stop Harper winning the match, only for Orton to win the match and the title. Then you can have the question going into Wrestlemania whether Orton will lie down for Wyatt, only for Orton to properly turn face the week or two before Wrestlemania. Then Wyatt is all alone having alienated Harper for Orton. Then at Wrestlemania Wyatt can win, having a big title winning moment and also proving that he can do it alone.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 14 Feb 2017, 12:47 am

I might have not had all the Harper stuff, I think Orton could have been in there just as a soldier who stopped anyone else winning. I think they should keep the possibility of Harper returning to Bray up their sleeves. With Rowan apparently now training at the performance center again and expected to return as he was, there seems a good chance Bray will have another soldier.

Question is whether he turns to Wyatt and Orton goes face and aligns with Harper in the build up., or whether the family re-forms, and Harper's dissension maybe becomes a ploy.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ché Guerrero Tue 14 Feb 2017, 9:07 am

AJ has been repeatedly asking for Orton

And I for one would love to see that match

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 14 Feb 2017, 3:25 pm

Crimey wrote:He's been incredibly boring since 2009 though to be fair, that was over 8 years ago since he was last interesting. This Wyatt storyline would have been so much better had Orton made any effort in it to make it believable.

His in-ring style is just too choreographed, it looks effortless in the worst possible way.

Completely agree with this - I can't remember the last time I sat down and enjoyed a Randy Orton match. Last time I enjoyed his character was around WM25
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 14 Feb 2017, 7:15 pm

His heel work as the face of the authority was delightful. Had some excellent matches with Bryan and Reigns too. Key part of the Shield/Evolution stuff, that Harper match was good too.

Orton's problem is he has never really dipped. Cena became so bad that when he suddenly got good again people blew up. Give Orton a spell with long matches and he'll be able to produce like that easily

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 14 Feb 2017, 7:46 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:His heel work as the face of the authority was delightful. Had some excellent matches with Bryan and Reigns too. Key part of the Shield/Evolution stuff, that Harper match was good too.

Orton's problem is he has never really dipped. Cena became so bad that when he suddenly got good again people blew up. Give Orton a spell with long matches and he'll be able to produce like that easily

I just can't agree, the Authority stuff was really poor, particularly when Bryan dropped out of the storyline. Orton just never puts in any effort and hasn't done for a really long time, he seems to have very brief periods where he cares and then quickly becomes same old Orton. 

Cena's heights are far beyond Orton's, the closest Orton has come to a classic match is the Bryan/Orton/Batista main event and I'm not sure you can honestly give Orton a huge amount of credit for that. Orton with long matches are even worse, rest holds galore and he's just got nothing extra up his sleeve. Never see him pull out something different or interesting.

I just don't get what people see in him or enjoy about him. He works a very safe, structured style and does tend to his moves perfectly, which is well and good but isn't actually entertaining. At least not for me. I much prefer workers who seem like they are in a fight, even if it's more sloppy, it's so much more engaging and believable.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Demon Wed 22 Feb 2017, 9:37 pm

I couldn't see out the PPV

And I tried in 3 separate sittings

Not even seen the main event because the show was killing me

1 star

Electric Demon

Back to top Go down