The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elimination Chamber

+9
Lowlandbrit
BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM
Ent
The Awesome Giz
talkingpoint
Bluebird_ccfc
Jammy31
Adam D
Kay Fabe
13 posters

Go down

Elimination Chamber Empty Elimination Chamber

Post by Guest Sun 19 Feb 2012, 12:14 pm

Is it on Sky or PPV tonight?

Despite the Smackdown Chamber line-up I'm actually looking forward to it

Back to top Go down

Elimination Chamber Empty Re: Elimination Chamber

Post by Guest Sun 19 Feb 2012, 12:33 pm

Sky sports 1 mate.
Chat box will be on for it. OK

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun 19 Feb 2012, 12:36 pm

The SmackDown! Chamber has about as much star power in it as the Dunfermline first team

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sun 19 Feb 2012, 1:22 pm

the-gaffer wrote:The SmackDown! Chamber has about as much star power in it as the Dunfermline first team

you could have put <insert SPL team name here> and still made your point!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Feb 2012, 1:26 pm

the-gaffer wrote:The SmackDown! Chamber has about as much star power in it as the Dunfermline first team

That's a bit generous to the Smackdown chmaber match isn't it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Sun 19 Feb 2012, 1:26 pm

I have a Virgin Box, can I still get the Elimination Chamber on that? How much will it cost?
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sun 19 Feb 2012, 1:27 pm

Jammy31 wrote:I have a Virgin Box, can I still get the Elimination Chamber on that? How much will it cost?

Its on Sky sports - so whatever it costs to subscribe to that is the answer. Its not a PPV over here is the point.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Feb 2012, 1:56 pm

Having brought up the Smackdown Chamber is anybody actually expecting Santino to take part in this?

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebird_ccfc Sun 19 Feb 2012, 2:43 pm

I think he will make an appearance. If anybody should get 'injured' beforehand it should be khali. He doesn't offer anything!!

What are your predictions for the other matches?

I can see Cena, Jericho, Bryan and Beth winning personally. Any matches that I've missed?
Bluebird_ccfc
Bluebird_ccfc

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Sun 19 Feb 2012, 3:10 pm

anybody suspect that they're going to try an epic spot between Khali and Big Show in the chamber abit like when Lesnar superplexed Big Show and broke the ring? That's the only possible reason I can think of for having both big men compete in the match!?

Rhodes and Barrett are two future main eventers it's just a shame Daniel Bryan's reputation and credibility from the indies hasn't been embraced by the WWE because his current heel persona isn't anywhere near the type of level of a credible world champion. If Bryan were able to carry his ROH 'American Dragon' gimmick through to the WWE and be promoted as the Bret Hart of this generation then I think it would lend more credibility to his title reign and give Barrett and Rhodes a bigger rub.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by The Awesome Giz Sun 19 Feb 2012, 4:46 pm

I expect there will be a "suprise" tag match made by Teddy Long. Primo and Epico defending against The Usos maybe.

The Awesome Giz

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sun 19 Feb 2012, 5:04 pm

Looking forward to this, was prob my personal fave ppv last year.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM Sun 19 Feb 2012, 5:11 pm

Jericho to win the Raw chamber, probably stealing it off Punk after entering last and using underhanded tactics. Then they can portray Punk as the underdog going into WM by going down the 'Jericho already owns a pinfall over him' route.

The SD chamber lineup looks awful, but I can see Bryan retaining or Barrett winning, can't pick between the two. Hopefully both Santino and Khali will be somehow taken out beforehand.

Cena to win the ambulance match, but only by means of an extreme amount of anger being shown by Cena and a major beatdown on Kane. This would therefore leave Kane the moral victor, as he has finally led Cena to 'embrace the hate'.

Something involving Sheamus, probably a squash match against Jinder Mahal or someone like that, or maybe a bigger victory against someone like Mark Henry.

Beth to beat Tamina. Don't care though.

Some sort of Teddy Long-inspired 'bonus match'.

BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun 19 Feb 2012, 5:16 pm

Adam D wrote:

you could have put <insert SPL team name here> and still made your point!

Did you miss the part where I did do that?

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun 19 Feb 2012, 5:34 pm

For Jericho to win it and go into WrestleMania claiming he's I think it would have been far better for him to start the Chamber match and go right through and win it that way, coming out the pod last doesn't really say best in the World

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM Sun 19 Feb 2012, 7:08 pm

the-gaffer wrote:For Jericho to win it and go into WrestleMania claiming he's I think it would have been far better for him to start the Chamber match and go right through and win it that way, coming out the pod last doesn't really say best in the World

But, as the heel, Jericho is supposed to be dillusional, it might seem a small achievement to others but to Jericho, winning the match shows him to be best in the world, regardless of how he does it.

BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun 19 Feb 2012, 7:14 pm

It doesn't build any real hype though for a big match at WrestleMania, which for me should be the point

I don't want Jericho to be delussional, I want him to believe he is the best and I want him to want to prove it, Punk should be the same, two guys who want to prove whom is the best in the World is interesting, having one be delussional about it for me simply doesn't

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM Sun 19 Feb 2012, 7:21 pm

I'm afraid WWE simply doesn't work that way right now, heels are always going to be presented as being dillusional and thinking that they're much better than they actually are. Also, if Jericho were to start the chamber match and survive all of it, beating Punk in the process, would that not make Punk, possibly soon to be #1 face in the company, seem somewhat weak?

BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun 19 Feb 2012, 7:33 pm

You don't need to tell me how WWE works, I only said what they SHOULD do, not what they will do

As for making Punk look weak, not at all, just because he'd out last everyone in the Chamber doesn't mean he has to play by the rules, he can and should cheat

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Sun 19 Feb 2012, 7:36 pm

gazzyD wrote:Having brought up the Smackdown Chamber is anybody actually expecting Santino to take part in this?
I'm saying yes. They need a face that can take bumps and get the heels heat: Khali can't bump and Show seems to be turning heel for Wrestlemania and has never looked that vulnerable in the ring. Having Bryan beat up Santino will help him get the crowd reaction he needs to get him into the WM main event. They'll then be able to add in Orton and maybe Henry to make the lineup more impressive so Sheamus looks better when he wins.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun 19 Feb 2012, 7:40 pm

I can see Santino in it but I can also see Christian and Orton get into it, or at least I could until Christian started damn tweeting about being in that City

I hope both Show and Khali are taken out the match, Kayfabe wise Mark Henry got suspended for nothing really and Show's allowed to smash up Teddy's office? Long the racist!

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM Sun 19 Feb 2012, 7:51 pm

the-gaffer wrote:You don't need to tell me how WWE works, I only said what they SHOULD do, not what they will do

As for making Punk look weak, not at all, just because he'd out last everyone in the Chamber doesn't mean he has to play by the rules, he can and should cheat

But in saying what WWE should do, in this specific instance, you seem to be implying that a frequent element of wrestling itself (9 times out of 10 heels are made to seem dillusional and cowardly) ought to change, which, while a valid point, is not in any way a realistic expectation.

Also, if you are of the belief that Jericho can and should cheat, then what difference would him entering last make, apart from reinforce his status as a heel? Outlasting everyone, cheating or not, would make him seem more like a resilient face, and runs the risk of potentially burying the other faces in the chamber, including Punk.

BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Sun 19 Feb 2012, 7:53 pm

By the way, has everyone seen the latest Z! True Long Island Stories? It features the return of JoMo and a Curt Hawkins promo, but also two Ziggler promos including this one for the elimination chamber: http://yfrog.com/5g17889215z

The whole Z!TLIS (1 year anniversary) is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMCWORPcw4M

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Sun 19 Feb 2012, 7:54 pm

he's gunna win it the way he did the champ scramble in 2008, enter last, do nothing and win

its also the way he won on raw 2 weeks ago and its set up for it to happen again

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by DDT Sun 19 Feb 2012, 8:49 pm

But that would make Punk look weaker than Jericho, thus ruining there Wrestlemania match. If there going to have a Punk/Jericho mania main event, then Punk needs to start the match, and Jericho needs to win pinning Punk at the end.

DDT

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun 19 Feb 2012, 9:57 pm

BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM wrote:
the-gaffer wrote:You don't need to tell me how WWE works, I only said what they SHOULD do, not what they will do

But in saying what WWE should do, in this specific instance, you seem to be implying that a frequent element of wrestling itself (9 times out of 10 heels are made to seem dillusional and cowardly) ought to change, which, while a valid point, is not in any way a realistic expectation.

Also, if you are of the belief that Jericho can and should cheat, then what difference would him entering last make, apart from reinforce his status as a heel? Outlasting everyone, cheating or not, would make him seem more like a resilient face, and runs the risk of potentially burying the other faces in the chamber, including Punk.

That's not what I'm implying at all, what I'm actually saying and thought I was clear in my first post is that if the plan is to go down a 'who's the real best in the World' feud then they would go out of their way to make Jericho seem out od the ordinary compared to chumps like Miz, Truth, Del Rio or Dolph Ziggler, doing the same cheap heel tactic isn't befitting of a man who is attempting to make us believe he should be recognised as the best in the World

As for your resilliant face comment with regards to a heel lasting the duration from the off, that's nonsense mate, pure and simple, Ric Flair made a career out of outlasting opponents, that didn't make him a face, it helped build his hype and reinforce the belief he was one of the best, it also made people want to see him get his ass kicked, the faces in the Chamber are below Chris Jericho Punk apart, Truth or Kofi losing to Chris Jericho in the Main Event of a PPV won't be considered as a burial, losing isn't being buried

Some people have become so used to Cena type booking they can't comprehend simple logical feud and heat building scenarios

Let's get this straight, even if Truth and Kofi were buried tonight, it's highly doubtful but if they were to be jobbed out and buried who cares? This is the build up to WrestleMania and Kofi and Truth will be a skidmark on this years Mania, they'll not offer the card much, they won't be high profile so if they where to be buried (which they won't) who would care? A move to SD after Mania and all is good again

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun 19 Feb 2012, 10:08 pm

DDT wrote:But that would make Punk look weaker than Jericho, thus ruining there Wrestlemania match. If there going to have a Punk/Jericho mania main event, then Punk needs to start the match, and Jericho needs to win pinning Punk at the end.

When someone cheats to win it doesn't make the loser look weak, that's why they do it

For the record, I'd have both Punk and Jericho both start the match, have them 1 on 1 for 5 or so minutes trying to get the better of each other with wrestling moves, then seperate them when more guys get involved, keep them apart as much as possible until Jericho pins Punk either by cheating or just outsmarting him, I'd make both of them the stars of the match with Punk getting 3 pins (Truth, Miz and Ziggler) and Jericho getting Kofi and Punk

This way Punk can claim Jericho got lucky and he was the MVP, Jericho can claim he lasted the distance and won the World Title, both would be 100% correct, this sets up WrestleMania for both of them perfectly

What I think is more likely to happen is Punk will be 2nd last out, we know Jericho is last out, this way it minimises risk of injury, one of the main reasons why Cena is usually always last out, scared to get the title match messed by injury

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Sun 19 Feb 2012, 11:47 pm

I think jericho will win but punk will pin the lot apart from jericho Wink

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 Feb 2012, 12:37 am

Chat box is on lads, top of the homepage, or click here:
https://www.606v2.com/chatbox/index.forum?archives

Back to top Go down

Post by BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM Mon 20 Feb 2012, 8:54 pm

the-gaffer wrote:
BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM wrote:

That's not what I'm implying at all, what I'm actually saying and thought I was clear in my first post is that if the plan is to go down a 'who's the real best in the World' feud then they would go out of their way to make Jericho seem out od the ordinary compared to chumps like Miz, Truth, Del Rio or Dolph Ziggler, doing the same cheap heel tactic isn't befitting of a man who is attempting to make us believe he should be recognised as the best in the World

As for your resilliant face comment with regards to a heel lasting the duration from the off, that's nonsense mate, pure and simple, Ric Flair made a career out of outlasting opponents, that didn't make him a face, it helped build his hype and reinforce the belief he was one of the best, it also made people want to see him get his ass kicked, the faces in the Chamber are below Chris Jericho Punk apart, Truth or Kofi losing to Chris Jericho in the Main Event of a PPV won't be considered as a burial, losing isn't being buried

Some people have become so used to Cena type booking they can't comprehend simple logical feud and heat building scenarios

Let's get this straight, even if Truth and Kofi were buried tonight, it's highly doubtful but if they were to be jobbed out and buried who cares? This is the build up to WrestleMania and Kofi and Truth will be a skidmark on this years Mania, they'll not offer the card much, they won't be high profile so if they where to be buried (which they won't) who would care? A move to SD after Mania and all is good again

Gaffer, look at my age, I'm hardly well placed to start commenting on Ric Flair's hayday. I can only go on what I've seen whilst I've been watching wrestling. And while I've been watching, which, granted, has been the Cena-booking era, heels have almost always been portrayed as over-confident, dilluded cowards, unless they are a monster heel like Mark Henry.

As for the whole 'who's the best in the world' angle, I personally wouldn't read too much into that as a deep storyline, it's just an excuse to give Punk-Jericho reason to dislike each other. The logical route to go down would have in fact been Orton-Jericho, what with Orton having punted Jericho in the head.

I agree with you in relation to Truth and Kofi not meaning much, I was thinking more of Punk when I spoke of burial (at that point you hadn't yet mentioned the idea of Punk starting the match too). I'm well aware that losing doesn't neccessarily mean burial, it depends on the circumstances of the loss, I just don't think being outlasted by a heel who's been in the chamber from the start is the best way to present the company's soon to be #1 face.

BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 20 Feb 2012, 9:20 pm

The thing is though, when you book someone in a fued that is centered around who is the best in the World then you have to book them, particularly the heel differently from all the other heels or else it doesn't work

Look at the fued as it stands today, jericho has been booked like the typical heels of today and the feud is stonking, there is no PPV's left until WrestleMania and the WWE title has a feud with dead heat

That's the point I was trying to make

As for outlasting Punk in the Chamber, he wouldn't have outlasted him as they both would have began and ended the match together, what it would have done though is shown Jericho has underhanded tactics to beat Punk, this in effect builds up the match at WrestleMania, the 1 on 1 match, no gimmicks no distractions, Jericho in the Chamber would have proven to Punk he's one of the best, he also outs himself as a win at all costs guy, this then allows Punk to not leave nothing to chance, he goes into WrestleMania 100% focused

Look what we've got now, a guy who hasn't lived up to his predictions or couldn't last a match when he was in the best placed position

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by DDT Tue 21 Feb 2012, 12:24 am

I agree with alot of what your saying Gaffer, if Jericho was coming in last he had to win. I reckon they were planning on giving Jericho the win, hence why he was in last, but changed there mind.

DDT

Back to top Go down

Post by Stan Marsh Tue 21 Feb 2012, 4:44 pm

Small point of unpopularity: My stand out performer from Elimination Chamber was the Big Show. I know, right?

He was brilliant, dominated the match as a big man should and allowed Santino the opportunity to shine later on. Good work Big Man, I say.

He always comes across really well on the mic too, I know hes unpopular for various reasons but I was really happy with/for him on Sunday.

*braces self*

Stan Marsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down