The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elimination Chamber Odds

+6
Dolphin Ziggler
Crimey
talkingpoint
Kay Fabe
Adam D
Nakatomi Plaza
10 posters

Go down

Elimination Chamber Odds  Empty Elimination Chamber Odds

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Fri 15 Feb 2013, 4:13 pm

Paddy power are offering odds again on a WWE event, this time Elimination Chamber.

Divas Title

Kaitlyn 1/12 v Tamina Snuka 11/2

US Title

Antonio Cesaro 1/7 v Miz 4/1

Six Man tag

Shield 2/1 v Cena/Ryback/Sheamus 1/3

Elimination Chamber

Jericho 5/4
Swagger 6/4
Orton 21/10
Henry 3/1
Bryan 16/1
Kane 25/1

World heavyweight title

Del Rio 1/5 v Big Show 3/1

WWE Title

Rock 1/14 v CM Punk 6/1

Mark Henry at 3/1 to win the chamber match stands out to me

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Elimination Chamber Odds  Empty Re: Elimination Chamber Odds

Post by Adam D Fri 15 Feb 2013, 4:16 pm

I really cant see Swagger being in the main title match at Mania.

Surely it has to be Orton or Henry?

Dont get me wrong, I would love for Swagger to win it.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Feb 2013, 4:27 pm

I can see Bryan winning it with him and Kane the last 2 standing

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Fri 15 Feb 2013, 4:28 pm

I'd be more surprised with Orton winning than Swagger to be honest. Swagger's Real American persona looks tailor made for a match up with Del Rio, and I'm not sure WWE has that much faith in Orton anymore.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 15 Feb 2013, 4:40 pm

The best value bet last time around was Kane and Bryan to retain the gold at 11/4 which was free money

I'd say this time its Orton at 21/10

They're looking at making Orton a top heel again, what better way than to heel turn in the WHC Title match at WrestleMania and taking the gold

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Fri 15 Feb 2013, 4:43 pm

really don't want to see another predictable Orton RKO out of no-where after a 20 minute beat down and win the world heavyweight title. Has Swagger's push been long enough and big enough to warrent a Mania title match? The last time they pushed Swagger too quickly it flopped badly; I'd hate for Swagger to be a X2 flop.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 15 Feb 2013, 4:51 pm

I don't think Ortons like that, his RKO's are out of nowhere but that's the beauty of the move, he doesn't just take a beat down for the duration of a match though, that's why I like him, he can control a match without resorting to the lame let the heel lead role which is predictable, however if he is to hit an RKO out of nowhere then the other guy does need to have an assendancy at some point which isn't a problem at all

Orton does have all the ingrediants to have a top character, he's flirted with it in the past and he's a work horse, no problems at all if they can move him in the right direction

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 15 Feb 2013, 5:03 pm

Would Orton be a credible heel against Del Rio though? The only reason Randy Orton is a face is because he became too popular as a heel, getting big cheers every week, I'm not sure Del Rio who while he's been doing well as a face isn't a very strongly supported face would be the man to get the best heel-turn out of Orton.

I think the World Heavyweight Title match will most likely be a Triple Threat at Wrestlemania, not sure who it will involve though.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 15 Feb 2013, 5:20 pm

Jericho is favourite on the basis of Ziggler cashing in after Del Rio v Show, I can understand that idea. I was convinced it would be Del Rio v Swagger at Mania with Zeb's political mouthpiece, but I could see them putting that on as a normal feud with the Mexican beating the Xenophobes.

I would prefer to see the WHC match a triple threat or four way, which could really come from any of the top four winning it (I discount Bryan n Kane completely)

Henry could be decent value, I expect him to knock 2 people out. Monster heel push with momentum at the moment. Decent value at 3/1.

Think The Shield are a really good price too. All they need is someone like Maddox to distract the opposition and they could get a win that doesnt damage the faces too badly. Cena will not get pinned, but he can still come out of it looking strong. I'd venture Sheamus gets pinned for The Shield to win.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Fri 15 Feb 2013, 5:27 pm

Paddy Power always do bets for the PPV's.

What i would like to see and what will happen is always different.

I would go for
Rock
Jericho
Del Rio
The Shield
Cesaro
Katlyin

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Fri 15 Feb 2013, 5:38 pm

Kay Fabe wrote:I don't think Ortons like that, his RKO's are out of nowhere but that's the beauty of the move, he doesn't just take a beat down for the duration of a match though, that's why I like him, he can control a match without resorting to the lame let the heel lead role which is predictable, however if he is to hit an RKO out of nowhere then the other guy does need to have an assendancy at some point which isn't a problem at all

Orton does have all the ingrediants to have a top character, he's flirted with it in the past and he's a work horse, no problems at all if they can move him in the right direction

I was exaggerating on the beat down but I do think the RKO is too convenient as a match winner. Also the 'spectacular' RKOs he's pulled off in the past have all come (despite great timing from Orton) from his opponent making the spot happen. The RKO stands or falls on his opponents ability to sell it.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 15 Feb 2013, 5:42 pm

Crimey wrote:Would Orton be a credible heel against Del Rio though? The only reason Randy Orton is a face is because he became too popular as a heel, getting big cheers every week, I'm not sure Del Rio who while he's been doing well as a face isn't a very strongly supported face would be the man to get the best heel-turn out of Orton.

I think the World Heavyweight Title match will most likely be a Triple Threat at Wrestlemania, not sure who it will involve though.

I know what your saying and you could be right, I think if they did go that way though then I think it would be more about Orton and the occassion rather than who he turns on, on the whole it would probably be only the 4th most important thing to come out of WrestleMania anyway behind Rock/Cena, the Streak and whatever Punk does so I just think that the occassion itself would be enough, that's just how I see it though, I think you bring up a very valid and strong point

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Fri 15 Feb 2013, 5:52 pm

Just thought I would say Sky bet are doing it as well

Alberto Del Rio - 1.25 Vs Big Show - 3.75
Antonio Cesaro - 1.40 Vs The Miz - 2.75
Kaitlyn - 1.29 Vs Tamina Snuka - 3.50
The Shield - 2.75 Vs Ryback, Cena, Sheamus - 1.40
The Rock - 1.08 Vs CM Punk - 7.00

Elimination Chamber:

Mark Henry - 2.75
Chris Jericho - 3.50
Randy Orton - 3.75
Jack Swagger - 3.75
Daniel Bryan - 15.00
Kane - 19.00

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 15 Feb 2013, 6:35 pm

talkingpoint wrote:
Kay Fabe wrote:I don't think Ortons like that, his RKO's are out of nowhere but that's the beauty of the move, he doesn't just take a beat down for the duration of a match though, that's why I like him, he can control a match without resorting to the lame let the heel lead role which is predictable, however if he is to hit an RKO out of nowhere then the other guy does need to have an assendancy at some point which isn't a problem at all

I was exaggerating on the beat down but I do think the RKO is too convenient as a match winner. Also the 'spectacular' RKOs he's pulled off in the past have all come (despite great timing from Orton) from his opponent making the spot happen. The RKO stands or falls on his opponents ability to sell it.

I think you're being extremely harsh on Orton, I wouldn't say its all down to his opponents ability to sell it at all, while his opponents do need to do their bit, he also has to make sure his timing is spot on too, the way he turned the AA into an RKO was just ingenius and the way he got himself onto his feet and times his jump perfectly while Evan Bourne was in mid air was sensational, if he was slower or quicker Bourne could have got a serious injury, he also had pretty great timing with Punk too although they possibly weren't as spectacular.

The RKO is convenient but is it anymore convenient than Sweet Chin Music, the Stunner or a clothesline from Hell, the move is an exclamation mark, I've got problems with Orton's character and his attitude at times but in the ring the guy is fantastic

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Fri 15 Feb 2013, 6:58 pm

I did say Orton's timing was great, but I much prefer his hangman's ddt. I know there are other moves that are similarly convenient but I think they are not as frustrating to watch and the Stunner had a logical set up.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 15 Feb 2013, 7:09 pm

I love the hangman DDT, his standing srop kick is as sweet as I've seen since Hennig's in his prime too

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 15 Feb 2013, 7:33 pm

I think Orton is actually quite boring in the ring, apart from the DDT off of the ropes and the RKO his move-set is pretty unspectacular. He's very slow in the ring, and I think he's a bit too smooth. It makes his matches look more choreographed because it's so smooth and picture perfect rather than a bit gritty.

I do think his move set fits perfectly with his character, it's just not my cup of tea. He doesn't interest me and I don't think the main event picture has missed him at all.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 15 Feb 2013, 8:03 pm

Theres things I like and things I loathe about Randy. Hes been in and out of films and in and out of trouble for so long, and really he's not had a decent level of feud for a long time. The Ziggler matches were good, but meaningless.

A nice punt to the head on Sheamus at Mania would do wonders, set them up for a hardcore match at Extreme Rules.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Fri 15 Feb 2013, 8:05 pm

The thing about Orton's slow pace to his matches is that its designed to highlight that everything he does is carefully executed

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 15 Feb 2013, 8:13 pm

He needs to add more to his moveset. The slow tempo and smoothness is fine, but when he only has a few moves the pace of his matches highlight the repetition.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Fri 15 Feb 2013, 8:15 pm

he's lost some of his moves since his face turn, such as the stamps and his punt was taken away on health concerns or whatever which is a big blow. Could have some more standard moves I accept, think a few suplex's thrown in here and there for him wouldnt be bad

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 15 Feb 2013, 9:30 pm

I don't think Orton needs to add moves, move fpor move he's got more than any of the upper tier guys

I really like his powerbomb when he brings that out, what I like about Orton is that he doesn't give fans everything he's got unless its a match worthy of pulling out all the stops.

His powerslam is tremendous, shades of Road Warrior Animal

I do agree that sometimes guys are so smooth that everything looks choreographed, that's a gripe I've had about WWE produced guys for years but with Randy Orton its just pure natural, like I say, I'm not a fan of his bad attitude or how his character had developed which I believe he has had a lot of say on in the past but in the ring he's as polished as anyone in the business

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Fri 15 Feb 2013, 10:22 pm

his scoop slam is impressive but I think he could switch up his move set from time to time. I'm really liking the way Swagger uses his gut wrench powerbomb to set up for the ankle lock...call me crazy but I think the torture rack would be a good submission hold for Orton to add to his arsenal. I know Orton doesn't have signature submission holds but it would freshen up his character.

Last edited by talkingpoint on Sat 16 Feb 2013, 9:33 am; edited 1 time in total

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Sat 16 Feb 2013, 12:41 am

US Title
Antonio Cesaro 1/7 v Miz 4/1

Miz could very easily win this match, even if its by DQ. 4/1 is big.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 16 Feb 2013, 1:36 am

With how crazy Orton looks when he snaps I'd much rather see him use the cross face chicken wing as a submission, I think it'd suit him perfectly

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat 16 Feb 2013, 2:25 am

hodge wrote:The thing about Orton's slow pace to his matches is that its designed to highlight that everything he does is carefully executed

As I said, I understand that his move-set does suit his character, but I think in the ring he's really, really boring.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 16 Feb 2013, 6:20 am

Something about the chicken wing is so uncouth, for all his grace he needs a submission to match, although I do agree he could pull of the crazy heel Backlund face with more menace.

I love how smooth he is, the slams and the dropkicks are elegant yet powerful, I just think to be a top guy on ringwork you need to have enough in your moveset to just throw in some variation. These things would probably be more evident if he was given something to really get his teeth into though. Sheamus' ring work improves so much when he has a decent feud, Orton would probably up his game too. Things like the powerbomb etc might come out

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by alanqlm Mon 18 Feb 2013, 4:18 am

Did anybody else notice that about half an hour before the show Paddy power had the Shield @ 2/1 while Skybet had Cena/Ryback and Sheamus @ 6/4

Which meant FREE MONEY, unfortunately for me pay day wasnt till Tuesday so only could afford 20 on each but stillnice to get something for nothing for a change.

alanqlm

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 18 Feb 2013, 12:45 pm

All of my bets came in last night expect from the Elimination Chamber. i went for Y2J, DAM YOU JACK SWAGGER!

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down