The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elimination Chamber PPV

+7
The_Enigma
talkingpoint
Kay Fabe
BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM
NickisBHAFC
A Fine Folk.
Dx Dan.
11 posters

Go down

Elimination Chamber PPV Empty Elimination Chamber PPV

Post by Dx Dan. Sun 05 Feb 2012, 5:46 pm

With The Elimination Chamber PPV just two weeks away I thought I'd make an article on my thoughts on the upcoming PPV and predicted card/results.

Raw Chamber:
Only two possible outcomes for me here, Punk retaining or a Jericho snatch.
Personally would much rather Punk winning as I'm sure he'd regain it back at Mania so would just be pointless, not too sure how they'll book Jericho as the number one contender for Mania if Punk does retain though.

Smackdown Chamber:
Slightly more unpredictable for me as I think the WHC match at Mania this year will be contested in a triple threat or maybe even a fatal 4 way match. My prime favourite is for Orton to win and there be a triple threat at Mania between him, Bryan and Sheamus. Definitely wouldn't be surprised by a Bryan retain though, and can also see Barrett or Rhodes being involved in the match too. I really don't think Khali will be in the chamber, I have an idea that Drew Mcintyre will take him out on SD! in the next couple of weeks in his attempt to try and impress Teddy Long, I'd love to see Drew take his place, he was quality in the chamber last year. Failing that, and I'm being optimistic here but EC is known for bringing up twists and turns. A returning Christian to attack Khali in his entrance at the actual PPV and just lock himself in the Chamber, reminiscence of Edge attacking Kofi Kingston back in 09. I'm just praying they have something else planned, Khali in the chamber along with The Big Show is just utter torture.

Cena vs Kane:
Definitely think Cena will win here, he has to be booked as strongly as possible heading into Mania against The Rock. I wouldn't be surprised if Cena actually ended up in the Raw Chamber after beating Kane and them doing a last minute swerve and putting the title on the line in the Cena vs Rock match.

Other matches:
I think we'll see a US title match, not sure who Swagger will face though as I don't know how long Ryder is legitimately injured for. I think Sheamus HAS to have a match against a worthy competitor to keep him strong and relevant, possibly against Del Rio putting his Rumble opportunity on the line? that would really need to be developed this week on Raw though. Probably have a Divas match, and maybe another Brodus squash, yawn.

Should be a fairly decent PPV as always that will hopefully throw up one or two shocks.

If Punk retains, how should Punk vs Jericho be booked for Mania?
How should Khali be booked out the Chamber?
Who should Sheamus face to keep him busy?

Dx Dan.

Back to top Go down

Elimination Chamber PPV Empty Re: Elimination Chamber PPV

Post by A Fine Folk. Sun 05 Feb 2012, 7:50 pm

Decent article.
I like your idea of Drew attacking Khali and taking his spot to impress Teddy, there's just no need for Big Khali in there. He was awesome in the EC last year I remember him brutally putting Wade and Rey though 'the strongest glass in the world'. I'm a big fan of Drew.
Can't see Sheamus v ADR for his WM main event place as its only 2 weeks away, he'll probably be stuck in a match with Jinder again.
I think CM Punk will retain, think Jericho will be put in the title match at Mania by being in the final two in the EC, maybe.
Hope Bryan retains, simple.

A Fine Folk.

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 05 Feb 2012, 7:54 pm

If Punk retains, how should Punk vs Jericho be booked for Mania?
I like the idea of Cena being the Raw chamber and winning and putting the title on the line against the rock. With CM Punk vs Chris Jericho just being a single match. Dont forget Jericho is leaving again at the end of Aprill start of May.
Attacked by Christian on his entrance and christan sneaks into the match

Jinder Mahel or Hunico i guess. Not really any other options is there ?

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM Sun 05 Feb 2012, 9:21 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:If Punk retains, how should Punk vs Jericho be booked for Mania?
I like the idea of Cena being the Raw chamber and winning and putting the title on the line against the rock. With CM Punk vs Chris Jericho just being a single match. Dont forget Jericho is leaving again at the end of Aprill start of May.
Attacked by Christian on his entrance and christan sneaks into the match

Jinder Mahel or Hunico i guess. Not really any other options is there ?

Possibly Mark Henry returning early from his 'suspension' to face Sheamus at EC?

BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun 05 Feb 2012, 9:41 pm

I agree with a lot of what you say regarding the RAW chamber, I just can't see what storyline benefit of CM Punk retaining because he then has no real credible opponent for WrestleMania unless they go with Sheamus/Punk which would be very interesting but highly unlikely.

The reason I don't want Jericho to win is it's because it would be a carbon copy of how they've booked John Cena at WrestleMania (get the title on the heel at the Chamber for Punk to get the 'Mania feel good moment') and I really don't want them to book Punk like Cena, I like the fact Punk isn't invincible, it makes him more vulnerable as well as giving his matches an edge to them that Cena's matches lack (or anyone else with the superman push)

I do prefer the idea of Cena getting into the Chamber match, for me Rock/Cena should be for the belt anyway as it's a far grander match than Punk/Jericho, Cena taking the belt off Punk to would be a massive heat builder for Cena

Punk retaining the belt leaves creative with very little options

The SmackDown! Chamber Match is more open, it can go one of three ways, Bryan retains and moves onto WrestleMania, Wade Barrett could win the WHC and go on to face Sheamus or Randy Orton regains the WHC to face Sheamus and possibly Daniel Bryan in a Triple Threat

For me the best option is Randy Orton, if the goal is to really cement Sheamus as a new top level star he needs a genuine Main Event player to put him over on the big stage, well WrestleMania is the biggest stage and Orton is one of the two most protected Wrestlers in the WWE, for Orton to do the job, a clean one bearing in mind Sheamus is a badass face, it would be a monumental moment.

The reason I don't think Daniel Bryan would work is because while I've no doubts he'd have the best match with Sheamus, he isn't someone that Sheamus beating would really mean anything, Sheamus would be the overwhelming favourite going into the match, his win would be expected and if they did swerve and have Bryan retain, it could be a dissaster for Sheamus as a potential Main Event player

Wade Barrett vs Sheamus for the WHC would be a good story but I feel that Barrett has a great potential story that could be told and it'd be better to hold fire on that because while all the focus should be on Barrett as the new WHC and first British World Champion in WWE, a real motivation and storyline, the focus straight after EC would be on the face Royal Rumble winner, Barrett should be held off until they can make him the focal point of the story, not a transitional Champion.

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Sun 05 Feb 2012, 10:56 pm

here's an idea:

Jericho and Punk are last 2 in the chamber and have a fierce mini battle until finally Punk gets the victory and retains. Jericho then attacks him afterwards and puts him through the glass of one of the pods and takes the belt raising it above Punk before dropping it on his unconscious body in disgust.

Jericho comes out the next night on Raw and explains that Punk's world will end at Mania and that Jericho being the best in the world will win the WWE title at Mania in the main event. Punk comes out furious at Jericho for jumping him in the Chamber after the match. Punk asks what Jericho has against him, to which Jericho replies that he took Punk's best in the world claim personally, which brought him back to the WWE. Jericho says he's the best in the world at what he does and that he will prove it at Mania if Punk has the balls to face him like a man and put his reputation on the line.

Punk says that he is better than Jericho ever was and is in a league of his own. Jericho says that Punk has had his 15 minutes of fame; that his MITB moment was a fluke and that Punk will never match Jericho's accomplishments - reminding him he was the first ever unified champion. Punk interrupts and reminds Jericho that he's already beaten him in the Chamber so has nothing to prove to Jericho. Jericho threatens Punk saying that he will deny Punk his 'Wrestle Mania moment'. Jericho ends by placing a seed of doubt in Punk's mind saying he's never proven himself on the Grandest Stage of them all and that if he wants to claim to be the best in the world he needs to win the main event at Mania - something Jericho has done before! Punk becomes incensed at Jericho's insinuation and accepts Jericho's challenge.

The main event is billed - 'battle for title of best in the world' with the two going back and forth delivering cutting promos on the other's careers and belittling their accomplishments. Finally the two face off at Mania in a very technical and high flying, high risk match, displaying both men's wrestling backgrounds and signature moves. After an extremely well matched and hard fought contest, Punk manages to hit the GTS and pin Jericho to retain, beating him for a second time.

The reason I would have Punk retain at Chamber and Mania is because it is less predictable and really puts Punk over beating someone of Jericho's calibre. It also makes logical sense of Jericho's the world as you know it will end return promos - being in connection with Punk's claims to be best in the world. Lastly I really believe Punk deserves his big Mania moment and winning the main event this year is the perfect time with his momentum after the end of the last year and beginning of this year as champion.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun 05 Feb 2012, 11:21 pm

No-one is going to buy into the fact that Jericho can beat Punk though if Punk beats him in the Chamber

Jericho returned and nothing, he made claims about the Rumble and nothing, he'll say he'd win the Chamber and nothing, at some point Jericho would need to get an upper hand, jumping him when his backs turned is nothing more than what he did at RAW

Jericho just isn't the guy

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Sun 05 Feb 2012, 11:29 pm

There's no point of even considering having Cena inside the elimination chamber for the title. He doesn't need yet another run with the title. Yes it would give the title something back it's lost in years with him defending it against the rock, but lets face it, it would be the most obvious match of the night. Why would they put the title on the rock for him to loose within the next month or so (Which he wouldn't appear every week) only for him to become another after thought when he goes to film the fast & furious 6 in june.

I don't know what they are going to do with him & kane and who will come out of the feud best. After building Kane up and having him loose to Cena, to prepare for Rocky makes Kane seem weak, likewise if the poster boy lost to kane, he wouldn't be taken seriously leading into his match with the rock. Seems they've written themselves into a corner there.

For what it's worth I can see Sheamus facing a returning Christian at the PPV, doesn't have to make sence but would be could to see his in ring return. As for kane, I would have him inside the MITB Ladder match. They are discussing the idea of having either previous winners of the match, or previous world title holders which again could be interesting

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun 05 Feb 2012, 11:45 pm

What I'd have done, and something I thought would have been obvious if they were going to go with Punk/Jericho at WrestleMania for the title, would be to have Jericho return when he did and save Punk in his title match with Ziggler, have everything against Punk, Ziggler, Swagger, Vickie, Johnny Ace, then have the final vignettes air just as Punk is taking a beating, as they all focus on the Tron Jericho pushes Vickie into 'big Johnny', attacks Swagger and Ziggler turns right into a GTS for the win

After the Match Jericho is acting like the happy to be back star, the belt's lying in the ring, he picks it up hands it to Punk but refuses a handshake and walks backwards up the ramp, the next week he tells Punk he's back to reclaim what's rightfully his, the best in the World moniker and he doesn't need or want any cheap outside interference, Punk respects this and puts the title on the line at the Rumble, at the Rumble face vs face, Jerichi turns heel and he and Johnny Ace screw Punk out of the WWE Title

I'd then have Punk be the star of the show at Elimination Chamber but through more dirty tactics, possibly from a corrupt official, have him call for the bell when Jericho has Punk locked in the Walls of Jericho, Jericho has rightful reason to claim he has took back his moniker, Punk could use video evidence to prove he didn't tap and didn't say submit, he could then steer Jericho and claim he's a fraud, Jericho's ego would never allow it and through his own ego trick him into giving him a re-match at WrestleMania, at Mania Punk would go over clean, win the World Title and confirm he is the best in the world

I'm not a fan of that Mania match but if they are going to do it that's how I'd have done it

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun 05 Feb 2012, 11:47 pm

Yes it would give the title something back it's lost in years with him defending it against the rock

There you go, you said it, that's reason enough for me

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Sun 05 Feb 2012, 11:48 pm

If I am angling for Punk vs Jericho for the WWE Championship at the Mania to come out of the chamber I would have a situation where Jericho actually has Punk beaten, lets say tapping out to the walls, but the ref misses it, and them he is hit from behind while distracted, say by a zig-zag or trouble in paradise and is eliminated though crucially not by Punk, Punk retains obviously, the night after Jericho winds up Punk about how he has hit beaten, he is the best in the world yada-yada-yada, flashing jacket, Jericho is named challanger for the title a 'Mania, preferably earning it to give him some credability, and holds his supposed victory over Punk all the way to 'Mania

Obviously it's not ideal but I feel it's the best way to keep Punk and Jericho both looking strong, I don't know why WWE had to tamper with a winning formula, before when you had the chamber for the royal rumble challanged title defend/gain it in the chamber, this makes him look strong and one to create a no 1 contender for the non royal rumble challanged title, making the number one contender look strong.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by alanqlm Mon 06 Feb 2012, 1:42 am

I think if Punk does retain they could go to the tried and tested Battle Royal on Raw the following night to decide number 1 contender with Jericho just winning it.

Not the most imaginative of scenarios but its seems to be their go to story.

As for Sheamus I think a returning Henry is the obvious choice if he is healthy or maybe just keeping him outta the matchs cutting some sorta promo then taking out the winner or the Smackdown chamber after the match to announce his decision?

I also don't think Khali will get taken outta the Chamber, definitely should do but I reckon WWE will probably be having kittens over a monster v monster moment in Khali v Big Show

alanqlm

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon 06 Feb 2012, 8:52 am

the-gaffer wrote:
Yes it would give the title something back it's lost in years with him defending it against the rock

There you go, you said it, that's reason enough for me

You know its a bad state of affairs when a title needs a match more than a match needs a title.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by TheUnknownOne. Mon 06 Feb 2012, 7:06 pm

Gd article m8, c ya on friday bognor boy

TheUnknownOne.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dx Dan. Tue 21 Feb 2012, 12:59 pm

Back from the dead

Dx Dan.

Back to top Go down

Post by alanqlm Sun 26 Feb 2012, 4:17 pm

Would just like to point out that I called this pretty much to perfection Very Happy

alanqlm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down