A Glam Slam?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Glam Slam?

Post by Portnoy's Complaint on Sat 11 Mar 2017, 7:52 pm

The men, the women and the boys - well, it's possible...

Portnoy's Complaint

Posts : 3498
Join date : 2012-10-03
Age : 66
Location : Felixstowe

Back to top Go down

Re: A Glam Slam?

Post by Effervescing Elephant on Sat 11 Mar 2017, 7:55 pm

Is there going to be a new sort of slam for 5 wins with 5 bonus points? Bonus slam maybe.
avatar
Effervescing Elephant

Posts : 1629
Join date : 2011-03-25
Age : 41
Location : Exeter/Bristol/Brittany

Back to top Go down

Re: A Glam Slam?

Post by Scottrf on Sat 11 Mar 2017, 7:56 pm

Boys and women seem a mile above the competition, and you'd have to say the men are maybe more likely than not now.
avatar
Scottrf

Posts : 12143
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Re: A Glam Slam?

Post by Gooseberry on Sat 11 Mar 2017, 8:16 pm

Been here before and they blew it.
Ireland are a hot and cold team...frankly England are too. But at their best England are clearly head and shoulders above the rest of the euros so have to be favourites.
No chicken counting all the same.

Gooseberry

Posts : 2942
Join date : 2015-02-11

Back to top Go down

Re: A Glam Slam?

Post by Portnoy's Complaint on Sat 11 Mar 2017, 8:28 pm

The Irish women and boys are also 4/4 so far.

And their men won't want to give up a home.

A Glam Slam is vey, very unlikely. But it would be delicious.

Portnoy's Complaint

Posts : 3498
Join date : 2012-10-03
Age : 66
Location : Felixstowe

Back to top Go down

Re: A Glam Slam?

Post by Scottrf on Sat 11 Mar 2017, 9:05 pm

Portnoy's Complaint wrote:The Irish women and boys are also 4/4 so far.

And their men won't want to give up a home.

A Glam Slam is vey, very unlikely. But it would be delicious.
Very very? Behave.
avatar
Scottrf

Posts : 12143
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Re: A Glam Slam?

Post by Portnoy's Complaint on Fri 17 Mar 2017, 11:21 pm

So far so good.

I was worried about the U20's.

Very, very is now downgraded to very-oh-all-right-a-bit.

Portnoy's Complaint

Posts : 3498
Join date : 2012-10-03
Age : 66
Location : Felixstowe

Back to top Go down

Re: A Glam Slam?

Post by Gwlad on Sat 18 Mar 2017, 7:15 pm

How many times have England not got the Slam on the final day now…is it 4 or 5?

Gwlad

Posts : 3696
Join date : 2014-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: A Glam Slam?

Post by nathan on Sat 18 Mar 2017, 7:17 pm

Gwlad wrote:How many times have England not got the Slam on the final day now…is it 4 or 5?

Are any of those numbers where Wales finished this year? I'd focus in your own teams failings because trust me, there are many.

nathan

Posts : 10340
Join date : 2011-06-14
Location : Leicestershire

Back to top Go down

Re: A Glam Slam?

Post by Gwlad on Sat 18 Mar 2017, 7:19 pm

nathan wrote:
Gwlad wrote:How many times have England not got the Slam on the final day now…is it 4 or 5?

Are any of those numbers where Wales finished this year? I'd focus in your own teams failings because trust me, there are many.

Nah, you're ok this thread is about the Slam so I'll focus on why England always choke under the Slam pressure thanks.

Gwlad

Posts : 3696
Join date : 2014-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: A Glam Slam?

Post by Shifty on Sat 18 Mar 2017, 7:23 pm

Gooseberry wrote:Been here before and they blew it.
Ireland are a hot and cold team...frankly England are too. But at their best England are clearly head and shoulders above the rest of the euros so have to be favourites.  
No chicken counting all the same.  
Struggled against France
Wales played better than them
Italy tactically out thought them
Lost to Ireland

Only in one game when they totally superiour to their opponents and that was Scotland
avatar
Shifty

Posts : 7291
Join date : 2011-04-26
Age : 38
Location : Kenfig Hill, Bridgend

Back to top Go down

Re: A Glam Slam?

Post by nathan on Sat 18 Mar 2017, 7:24 pm

Gwlad wrote:
nathan wrote:
Gwlad wrote:How many times have England not got the Slam on the final day now…is it 4 or 5?

Are any of those numbers where Wales finished this year? I'd focus in your own teams failings because trust me, there are many.

Nah, you're ok this thread is about the Slam so I'll focus on why England always choke under the Slam pressure thanks.

They don't always choke hence why they won it last year....

Wonder when Wales will win a slam next

nathan

Posts : 10340
Join date : 2011-06-14
Location : Leicestershire

Back to top Go down

Re: A Glam Slam?

Post by Hammersmith harrier on Sat 18 Mar 2017, 7:26 pm

Shifty wrote:
Gooseberry wrote:Been here before and they blew it.
Ireland are a hot and cold team...frankly England are too. But at their best England are clearly head and shoulders above the rest of the euros so have to be favourites.  
No chicken counting all the same.  
Struggled against France
Wales played better than them
Italy tactically out thought them
Lost to Ireland

Only in one game when they totally superiour to their opponents and that was Scotland

Back to back titles and a single loss to Ireland away would suggest we're the clear frontrunners; playing well every game doesn't matter it's a results business. If you lose you can't have played better.

Hammersmith harrier

Posts : 12060
Join date : 2013-09-26

Back to top Go down

Re: A Glam Slam?

Post by nathan on Sat 18 Mar 2017, 7:26 pm

Shifty wrote:
Gooseberry wrote:Been here before and they blew it.
Ireland are a hot and cold team...frankly England are too. But at their best England are clearly head and shoulders above the rest of the euros so have to be favourites.  
No chicken counting all the same.  
Struggled against France
Wales played better than them
Italy tactically out thought them
Lost to Ireland

Only in one game when they totally superiour to their opponents and that was Scotland

And yet they still won them all.

It's hilarious how the Welsh are trying justify Wales poor showing At yet another 6 nations.

nathan

Posts : 10340
Join date : 2011-06-14
Location : Leicestershire

Back to top Go down

Re: A Glam Slam?

Post by Gwlad on Sat 18 Mar 2017, 7:29 pm

No we aren't we're just putting England's World Class hubris in perspective

You choked, again, as you always do on GS day. We ought to be used to it but i always find it surprising that a team can build such momentum and then squander it when the chips are down. Speaks to an inability to handle pressure.

Gwlad

Posts : 3696
Join date : 2014-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: A Glam Slam?

Post by Shifty on Sat 18 Mar 2017, 7:35 pm

England finished top, and are deserved champions, but lets be honest they didn't play their best, they were lacklustre against Wales, France and Italy. Sit through those games again and see if they are really hitting top form.

No excuses from Wales, we are cack and are the wooden spoon winners in old money. Bottom of the 5 nations is grounds for sacking the coaches in Wales.
avatar
Shifty

Posts : 7291
Join date : 2011-04-26
Age : 38
Location : Kenfig Hill, Bridgend

Back to top Go down

Re: A Glam Slam?

Post by majesticimperialman on Sat 18 Mar 2017, 7:37 pm

Gwlad wrote:No we aren't we're just putting England's World Class hubris in perspective

You choked, again, as you always do on GS day. We ought to be used to it but i always find it surprising that a team can build such momentum and then squander it when the chips are down. Speaks to an inability to handle pressure.


A bit like Wales against France today. 

majesticimperialman

Posts : 4512
Join date : 2011-02-11

Back to top Go down

Re: A Glam Slam?

Post by nathan on Sat 18 Mar 2017, 7:46 pm

Shifty wrote:England finished top, and are deserved champions, but lets be honest they didn't play their best, they were lacklustre against Wales, France and Italy.  Sit through those games again and see if they are really hitting top form.  

No excuses from Wales, we are cack and are the wooden spoon winners in old money.  Bottom of the 5 nations is grounds for sacking the coaches in Wales.

No need to sit through them again, I've watched them already.

What I'm saying is that they didn't hit top form but still won, to discount a team because they didn't play brilliantly yet still won is daft.

The only thing you are missing is that Wales are just a bit better than Italy this year.

nathan

Posts : 10340
Join date : 2011-06-14
Location : Leicestershire

Back to top Go down

Re: A Glam Slam?

Post by Breadvan on Sat 18 Mar 2017, 7:49 pm

There's handling pressure and there's simply being being beaten by the better team, like today. I'd take the progress over the last 18 months over a chance of records and another gs any day.
avatar
Breadvan

Posts : 2739
Join date : 2011-05-23
Location : Swansea & Port toilet

Back to top Go down

Re: A Glam Slam?

Post by nathan on Sat 18 Mar 2017, 8:13 pm

Breadvan wrote:There's handling pressure and there's simply being being beaten by the better team, like today. I'd take the progress over the last 18 months over a chance of records and another gs any day.

Agree with this, it was a 4 point loss against a team that beat the all blacks recently. If it was a drubbing like in the past I would agree with it.

nathan

Posts : 10340
Join date : 2011-06-14
Location : Leicestershire

Back to top Go down

Re: A Glam Slam?

Post by Heaf on Sun 19 Mar 2017, 1:38 am

Indeed, Ireland are tough to beat and especially so in Dublin so losing to them is hardly a great shock - but some people seem to struggle with logic, like saying England always choke when they actually got the GS last year. Almost as daft as saying they'd rather come 2nd bottom than lose the last match but still win the championship.

Heaf

Posts : 2078
Join date : 2011-07-30

Back to top Go down

Re: A Glam Slam?

Post by Steve_rugby on Sun 19 Mar 2017, 7:18 am

Gwlad wrote:

Nah, you're ok this thread is about the Slam so I'll focus on why England always choke under the Slam pressure thanks.

I'm sure they managed a Grand Slam last year. Yahoo

At least England were in with a chance of back to back Grand Slams going into the last match. When Wales last had the chance of doing it, they couldn't even win their opening game at home.

Steve_rugby

Posts : 190
Join date : 2015-01-24

Back to top Go down

Re: A Glam Slam?

Post by rainbow-warrior on Sun 19 Mar 2017, 8:26 am

Good grief the sais still comparing a nation of 3.7 million against themselves. Wales always punch well above countries with huge populations. I mean we have to compete with Wendyball and Wales are above the sais there.
avatar
rainbow-warrior

Posts : 1427
Join date : 2012-08-22

Back to top Go down

Re: A Glam Slam?

Post by BigTrevsbigmac on Sun 19 Mar 2017, 9:02 am

nathan wrote:
Shifty wrote:
Gooseberry wrote:Been here before and they blew it.
Ireland are a hot and cold team...frankly England are too. But at their best England are clearly head and shoulders above the rest of the euros so have to be favourites.  
No chicken counting all the same.  
Struggled against France
Wales played better than them
Italy tactically out thought them
Lost to Ireland

Only in one game when they totally superiour to their opponents and that was Scotland

And yet they still won them all.

It's hilarious how the Welsh are trying justify Wales poor showing At yet another 6 nations.

Wales would appear to be the chokers as more often than not they lose close games. Apart from hammering Japan 30-33 with a last minute drop goal of course. Very Happy

BigTrevsbigmac

Posts : 2829
Join date : 2011-05-15

Back to top Go down

Re: A Glam Slam?

Post by Steve_rugby on Sun 19 Mar 2017, 1:02 pm

rainbow-warrior wrote:Good grief the sais still comparing a nation of 3.7 million against themselves.  Wales always punch well above countries with huge populations.  I mean we have to compete with Wendyball and Wales are above the sais there.

What have people from Egypt got to do with rugby ?

What has population size got to do with anything ? China and India have huge populations but don't set the world alight with ther rugby results. Conversely Samoa has a much smaller population than Wales and they regularly beat Wales.


Steve_rugby

Posts : 190
Join date : 2015-01-24

Back to top Go down

Re: A Glam Slam?

Post by mikey_dragon on Sun 19 Mar 2017, 1:11 pm

Well this thread just sums it up. The English are still the worst fans in world rugby.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 5984
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Re: A Glam Slam?

Post by nathan on Sun 19 Mar 2017, 1:25 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:Well this thread just sums it up. The English are still the worst fans in world rugby.

Look closer to home mate.

nathan

Posts : 10340
Join date : 2011-06-14
Location : Leicestershire

Back to top Go down

Re: A Glam Slam?

Post by mikey_dragon on Sun 19 Mar 2017, 1:32 pm

nathan wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:Well this thread just sums it up. The English are still the worst fans in world rugby.

Look closer to home mate.

Mate I think you need to let Gwlad go over your head, mate. We have to put up with madge as well as others and get told that everything's fine. I dont understand why this forum is so anti-Welsh. The English have been awful gloaters over the last two seasons. I think England are a great team but I don't hold some of their fans and Eddie Jones in similar regard.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 5984
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Re: A Glam Slam?

Post by Steve_rugby on Sun 19 Mar 2017, 2:26 pm

nathan wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:Well this thread just sums it up. The English are still the worst fans in world rugby.

Look closer to home mate.

I agree.

Steve_rugby

Posts : 190
Join date : 2015-01-24

Back to top Go down

Re: A Glam Slam?

Post by Breadvan on Mon 20 Mar 2017, 6:22 am

mikey_dragon wrote:
nathan wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:Well this thread just sums it up. The English are still the worst fans in world rugby.

Look closer to home mate.

Mate I think you need to let Gwlad go over your head, mate. We have to put up with madge as well as others and get told that everything's fine. I dont understand why this forum is so anti-Welsh. The English have been awful gloaters over the last two seasons. I think England are a great team but I don't hold some of their fans and Eddie Jones in similar regard.

I miss ol viewtothegym tbh. At least you knew he was wumming and having a laugh. Unlike :censored:cks like gwlad and rainbow..
avatar
Breadvan

Posts : 2739
Join date : 2011-05-23
Location : Swansea & Port toilet

Back to top Go down

Re: A Glam Slam?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum