The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 19 Tactics

Go down

Week 19 Tactics Empty Week 19 Tactics

Post by Afro Mon 20 Mar 2017, 11:10 am

Watford v Sunderland

Watford
Holymiky wrote:Injuries: Cesar Azpilicueta, Adrian Mariappa, Sebastian Prodl, Victor Moses

------------------Gomes----------------
Carvajal-----Silva----Rudiger-----Holebas
Robben-----Motta----Capoue-------Sinclair
------------Immobile--Falcao-------------

Subs: Pantilimon, Martinez, Behrami

Our strength is down the right hand side, we want to look to exploit that when we attack today. Trebs is likely to play a 4-5-1/4-3-2-1 formation so we need to be solid defensively with Sinclair protecting Holebas with Capoue looking to support that flank at times. Carvajal and Robben will be more attacking looking to push onto the FB. Rudiger is on that side to help protect the left hand flank with Holebas. Falcao is to play off Immobile and look to get in behind, working as a team up top. Motta is to drop off and sit with Silva and Rudiger to stop the on coming runs from the likely runner in Defoe. With Cahill out, Robben should look to cut inside and cause them problems in that area.

80th - Behrami on for Motta to freshen up the midfield.

Sunderland

Trebs wrote:
--------------------Pickford--------------------
---Meunier-----Keane------Bartra-----Grimaldo---
---------------Gueye------Castro----------------
---Yedlin--------------------------Cleverley----
----------------------Alli----------------------
---------------------Mertens--------------------

BENCH
Mannone
Veltman
Mawson
Arter
Lookman
Defoe
Wilson

INJURIES
Gary Cahill
Naby Keita
Timothy Fosu-Mensah
Jamie Vardy

TACTICS (149 words)
Tough game against Watford and we are showing a lot of respect with our line up – especially with three first teamers out. I want us to sit deep and absorb all of the pressure and counter attack, but generally a very defensive attitude.

Yedlin and Cleverley play out wide to support the full backs defensively, especially up against Robben, I want us in two banks of four. Falcao is very good in the air and I want Keane to be the main marker. Counter attacking very quickly, with Alli/Mertens/Yedlin all full of pace, with Cleverley and Castro picking out the passes. I want Alli and Mertens to stay high up the pitch so we can hit passes up to them on the counter.

SUBS
If winning – Arter for Cleverley, fresh legs
If losing – Lookman, Defoe and Wilson for Meunier, Cleverley, Gueye. Attacking 4-4-2 with Alli CM and Yedlin RB.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Week 19 Tactics Empty Re: Week 19 Tactics

Post by Afro Mon 20 Mar 2017, 11:12 am

Middlesboro v Bournemouth

No Bournemouth tactics - Boro win with +2 GD

For the record, Boro tactics below

Middlesboro

BamBam wrote:---------------------Valdes

Henrichs-----Van Dijk------Lindelof --- Rose

-----------Weigl-----------Rabiot-----------------

-------------------Tielemans

--Berardi------------------------------Sane

-----------------Ibrahimovic

Subs - Konstantopolous,  Gibson, Klosterman, Locatelli, Isak

Game plan - use our midfield trio to dominate the game, press on to their midfielders and attack with width to put pressure on their defence leaving Zlatan room.

Van Dijk to mark main striker, Lindelof cover
FBs free to attack one at a time, priority is Henrichs helping overload their left side
Weigl to sit deepest and control the game, Rabiot to pick passes and support attack
Tielemans as the creative hub, take long shots, play into the front 3
Sane/Berardi to run with the ball, create, take shots and run in behind off Zlatan
Ibra hold up the ball, get into the box and finish chances - look to play in Sane/Berardi
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Wed 22 Mar 2017, 10:44 am

Result - Sunderland win 2 votes to 1

Voter 1
A very lacklustre match from both sides but I have to give the edge to Sunderland. I like Miky's right hand side partnership of Carvajal and Robben think it would cause problems to the Sunderland defence but I can see the role of cleverley working defensively. I like the combo of Alli and Mertens up top think they have that extra flair in attack. Surprised there weren't any tactics for Gueye, it was like he wasn't even on the pitch. Watford for me need to sort that left side of the team out. A combo of Holebas and Sinclair is not good enough but I like the front two of Falcao and Immobile just think the teams lacking a bit of creativity in the middle. Sunderland just about edge it JUST

Voter 2
For me, the Sunderland formation is defensive with the aim to counter attack, but I don't think they have the side out to play it that effectively as their pace going forward is limited. However, there saving grace Watford really need to sort out that left hand side. They did focus all their attacks down the right, but Trebs had prepared for it and nullified it. This left Watford a bit toothless in attack too. So for me a Sunderland win, on the basis that their counter attack tactics was marginally more effective than Watfords approach.

Voter 3
When I knew of the injuries to Watford I thought this was going to be a walk in the park for Sunderland, but I think Trebs has shot himself in the foot twice, once with the signing of Cleverly, what does this player have on Trebs, is it Fappening 3.0? And secondly that Sunderland are playing to absorb pressure and hit on the counter, I just can’t see them holding off Robben down that flank with Bartra on that side.

Watford win.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down