The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carl Froch future

+10
kevchadders
samevans1
J.Benson II
Michaels, Sean
Fists of Fury
sodhat
88Chris05
Steffan
manos de piedra
Seanusarrilius
14 posters

Go down

Carl Froch future Empty Carl Froch future

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 07 Jun 2011, 2:33 pm

I know i make a lot of Froch talk but i think he desrves it. Been thinking about his next few fights and was wondering where everyone saw his career going? I have a couple of ideas. Both actually pretty bright. Here is how i see Froch career going depepnding on whether he wins or loses v Ward

Win v Ward

Defo homecoming against kessler, kess would do it and Froch would want it. Pts victory in Notts then...
Bute, if he can ebat them he destroys Bute, with that the divison is pretty much done and dusted for him and a move up to LH
Bhop if Bhop is still winning is a option or if he can keep it a huge doemstic unification with the Clev, he would beat the Clev IMO

If he loses to Ward
It would be on points and i dont think embarrasing so witht he good perofrmances he has already put in on Showtime and in general his stock wouldnt lower too much.
Then i see Kess going after Stieglitz belt. Stieglitz is there to be plucked and i dont think KEss would want a rematch with ward for the WBC strap. I still think he would give froch a fight in Notts as i dont see Bute wanting him, he wants s6 winner in big unificaiton.
Froch wins that and follows the same path as before with maybe a home fight v Pavlik in between which if Pavlik looks as terrible as before Froch wins.

How do you guys see his carer panning out over next few fights
So bar getting embarrasingly hammered by Ward whichw ont happen he has a bright future.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Carl Froch future Empty Re: Carl Froch future

Post by manos de piedra Tue 07 Jun 2011, 2:42 pm

He seems keen on a domestic fight after the super 6. He has plenty of options win or lose I think.

A defeat to Ward might spell the end of his time in SMW. He will have lost to Kessler and Ward and failed to establish himself as the best in the division. Without a title, and on the back of a loss he would be a "who needs em" fighter to Kessler or Bute and Ward would be the guy with a target on his back. I think a move to LH might be tempting for him if he lost to Ward to try and become a two weight champion. Cleverly or Hopkins might be tempting options if he could make them happen.

If he beats Ward then hes spoiled for choice. A rematch with Kessler or unification with Bute would be the most obvious match ups I think.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 07 Jun 2011, 2:47 pm

He was on about a potential domestic fight with the winner of DeGale Groves next year so now Groves is in the winner maybe that could be arranged

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 07 Jun 2011, 2:50 pm

If he beats Ward then a fight with Kessler is an absolute must - not because I think he won first time out (he didn't), but because Kessler is to be installed as a mandatory for whoever has the WBC belt after the Super Six tournament is finished. Aside from vacating the WBC strap, a fight with Kessler for a second time would be unavoidable.

If (and it's a big if, as I make him the slight underdog in both fights) he gets through that as well, I think it's one more defence of his 168 lb belts in Britain before a step up to 175 lb. I think that Froch would be wise to avoid Hopkins (even if he is an old man) but if Cleverly still has the WBO belt come late 2012 / early 2013 then it's a good all-British world title fight. And if Froch were to win, it'd be the perfect time to retire. Pushing thirty-six, his one loss avenged, titles in two weights and, at some stage, a top five pound for pound ranking.

If he loses to Ward, however, I think he'll retire, and I wouldn't blame him. He'd have little to offer the likes of Ward or Kessler in a rematch if he doesn't win the tournament, and as he said before the Abraham fight, he doesn't intend to stick around if he's not in and amongst the world titles.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 07 Jun 2011, 2:52 pm

Froch also mentioned Cleverly in the same interview. He seems determined for a domestic fight at some point

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 07 Jun 2011, 2:59 pm

88Chris05 wrote:If he loses to Ward, however, I think he'll retire, and I wouldn't blame him. He'd have little to offer the likes of Ward or Kessler in a rematch if he doesn't win the tournament, and as he said before the Abraham fight, he doesn't intend to stick around if he's not in and amongst the world titles.

Do you think that the Sky Sports interest in him would impact any decision to retire should he lose to Ward?

It seems to me like he has waited his whole career to get the recognition of other, perhaps lesser boxers, and that he may now want to cash in for a while and get himself out there more than previously.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 07 Jun 2011, 3:09 pm

Froch wont retire after Ward, not unless something drastic happens. He will either push for a fight with Kessler which i think may still be on the cards cos Kessler dont want ward and Ward will fight Bute if he wins, so who willkess fight. Plus (as long as the Ward defeat isnt v one sided) Showtime know him. If the Ward fight is close and goes against him Frch will think it because he was in Ameerica so wont retire defo not.

He may move up to LH tho if he loses, fight Pascal as both coming of losses. Or go after Clev. Froch fighting Degale next year or groves is silly to me. groves would only be 24 and Degale 26 and both of them looked way short of being able to fight Froch nxt year, they can only have two more fight befor ehten, you think there ready for Froch in two fights, theyd be eaten alive

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 07 Jun 2011, 3:10 pm

I think a stop at LHW is inevitable. Personally would like to see him take on Ward then Kessler once more before making the move.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 07 Jun 2011, 3:12 pm

What about a rematch with Pascal?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 07 Jun 2011, 3:15 pm

I think people need to rememebr the entertainment factor with Froch when thnking whether a) anyone would bei nterested in him if Ward wins b) the fact fighter like AA,Kess,Dirrell have all lost and gone on to make money continuing in big fights c) the depth of SM lends itself to second chances and most importanlty d) Froch wants to fight on andmake money, he wont have amassed the money he needs yet and with a new kid i do not thik he will just retire.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 07 Jun 2011, 3:40 pm

I think fans would certainly welcome a rematch with Pascal at light heavy in England Steffan, yes. The first has lived long in the memory, so it is a seller for sure.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 07 Jun 2011, 3:43 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:I think people need to rememebr the entertainment factor with Froch when thnking whether a) anyone would bei nterested in him if Ward wins b) the fact fighter like AA,Kess,Dirrell have all lost and gone on to make money continuing in big fights c) the depth of SM lends itself to second chances and most importanlty d) Froch wants to fight on andmake money, he wont have amassed the money he needs yet and with a new kid i do not thik he will just retire.

All good points, but would add that Froch and his brothers have built up a very, very handy property portfolio in and around Nottingham; he'd never be short of a bob or two if he did retire after Ward, some awful business decisions aside.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 07 Jun 2011, 3:48 pm

88Chris05 wrote:
Seanusarrilius wrote:I think people need to rememebr the entertainment factor with Froch when thnking whether a) anyone would bei nterested in him if Ward wins b) the fact fighter like AA,Kess,Dirrell have all lost and gone on to make money continuing in big fights c) the depth of SM lends itself to second chances and most importanlty d) Froch wants to fight on andmake money, he wont have amassed the money he needs yet and with a new kid i do not thik he will just retire.

All good points, but would add that Froch and his brothers have built up a very, very handy property portfolio in and around Nottingham; he'd never be short of a bob or two if he did retire after Ward, some awful business decisions aside.

fair one, but Froch has fought so hard to become recognised in boxing, he wont endit in a away fight at 0300 in the morning, he has just signed a 5 fight deal and intends to see it out in my opinion. No way he retires if losing to Ward, unless he is seriously injured which is unlikely. He will have options regardless i think.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Tue 07 Jun 2011, 4:01 pm

Funnily enough I reckon it would benefit his career if he avoided Ward (citing injury - everyone does it nowadays), goes after Bute and beats him. Re-match with kessler in Nottingham and beats him. Final unification fight with Ward - doesn't matter the result, he retires.......... Far less risky and more economically sound. I should be a promoter.
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 07 Jun 2011, 4:09 pm

i agree Sean, but Froch cant (and i dont think he would) he would seriously be sued by showtime if he did or the fight rescheduled

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Tue 07 Jun 2011, 6:29 pm

The most likely scenario would be:

If he beats Ward - he'll fight Bute.
If he loses to Ward - he'll move up to LH and fight Clev.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by samevans1 Wed 08 Jun 2011, 11:57 am

Ward.
Bute. (If he beats Ward.)
Kessler rematch.
No 1 at Light Heavyweight.
Retire.

samevans1

Back to top Go down

Post by kevchadders Wed 08 Jun 2011, 12:13 pm

Everyone seems to agree around the same career path should he beat Ward.

With defeat he will struggle to get a rematch with Kessler. Probably would want a confidence booster fight first, then its a matter of deciding if he should venture up to face Clev, or try and get Groves/DeGale in the ring.

Agree he should stay well clear of Hopkins. Totally wrong fight for him and would get owned over 12 rounds.

With Clev/Groves/DeGale he has to be careful as they are only going to get stronger as time goes by were Froch's power will slowly be on the wane as father time kicks in. So if he has plans to fight any of them he should be targeting sooner rather than later.

kevchadders

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Wed 08 Jun 2011, 1:01 pm

I think Bute gives Froch a much better fight than some are making out. Can possibly see him getting a late stoppage after catching up to him a la Andrade but dont see him destroying him.

Whatever you say about Bute hes a better boxer than Froch has decent power and can see him giving Froch a bit of a boxing lesson at times. Only question is can he hold Froch of for 12 rounds or will he crumble as The Cobra warms up and piles the pressure on.

Would really like to see this fight. Can see Froch giving away the first few rounds with his slow starting and Bute frustrating him all night and winning a UD. Can just as easily see a come from behind Froch stoppage similar to the Taylor fight. Interesting fight and much more difficult IMO than some seem to think..

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 08 Jun 2011, 2:16 pm

Super 6 final will be for the Ring belt.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Easton Wed 08 Jun 2011, 5:57 pm

Scottrf wrote:Super 6 final will be for the Ring belt.

Saw that on The Ring website today and have to concur with the decision - Froch has been fighting better opposition than Bute recently.

Not that you can blame Bute what with all the best fighters being tied up in the Super Six.

Michael Easton

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Wed 08 Jun 2011, 6:08 pm

I read on Fightnews.com that Kessler is being lined up for Bute. Should be interesting...

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 08 Jun 2011, 8:17 pm

i blame bute.. i blame him for everything bad that ever happened

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down