The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who Will End Golovkin's Unbeaten Run?

+2
Dylan1979
hazharrison
6 posters

Go down

Who will end Golovkin's unbeaten run?

Who Will End Golovkin's Unbeaten Run? Vote_lcap7%Who Will End Golovkin's Unbeaten Run? Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 1 ]
Who Will End Golovkin's Unbeaten Run? Vote_lcap0%Who Will End Golovkin's Unbeaten Run? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Who Will End Golovkin's Unbeaten Run? Vote_lcap43%Who Will End Golovkin's Unbeaten Run? Vote_rcap 43% 
[ 6 ]
Who Will End Golovkin's Unbeaten Run? Vote_lcap7%Who Will End Golovkin's Unbeaten Run? Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 1 ]
Who Will End Golovkin's Unbeaten Run? Vote_lcap0%Who Will End Golovkin's Unbeaten Run? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Who Will End Golovkin's Unbeaten Run? Vote_lcap43%Who Will End Golovkin's Unbeaten Run? Vote_rcap 43% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 14

Poll closed

Who Will End Golovkin's Unbeaten Run? Empty Who Will End Golovkin's Unbeaten Run?

Post by hazharrison Sat 15 Apr 2017, 10:29 am

Is Golovkin there for the taking? If so, who will capitalise?

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Who Will End Golovkin's Unbeaten Run? Empty Re: Who Will End Golovkin's Unbeaten Run?

Post by Dylan1979 Sat 15 Apr 2017, 11:54 am

You missed one Haz - Judges

Dylan1979

Back to top Go down

Who Will End Golovkin's Unbeaten Run? Empty Re: Who Will End Golovkin's Unbeaten Run?

Post by AdamT Sat 15 Apr 2017, 2:02 pm

I think Canelo.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Dylan1979 Sat 15 Apr 2017, 5:59 pm

AdamT wrote:I think Canelo.

Got a feeling that fight might never happen. Hope it does though. Wouldn't surprise me one bit
if Oscar or Catchnelo, whoever's in charge delay it until late 2018

Dylan1979

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sat 15 Apr 2017, 6:18 pm

I think it can happen September, though it will go up against Floyd v McGregor, so might have to move dates.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Sat 15 Apr 2017, 6:31 pm

AdamT wrote:I think Canelo.

My opinion on Canelo is similar to yours on GGG. I don't think he's that great.

I just don't spend 24 hours of the day hating on him like you do for GGG. Very Happy

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sat 15 Apr 2017, 6:42 pm

I don't hate GGG. Just don't understand the hype. Good boxer, but nothing special.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sat 15 Apr 2017, 6:45 pm

You know I have to hate GGG now. Can't change my mind again, or the weird English man that pretends to be American will accuse me of licking bum holes lol.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sat 15 Apr 2017, 6:50 pm

Its a pity more boxers and promoters didnt get the hype either. He might have actually landed some big fights then.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sat 15 Apr 2017, 6:54 pm

Who like Canelo? Who else avoided him?

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Dylan1979 Sat 15 Apr 2017, 7:05 pm

AdamT wrote:I don't hate GGG. Just don't understand the hype. Good boxer, but nothing special.

The 'hype' that you keep referring to is probably down to the fact that he comes into a fight with bad intentions, to render his opponent unconscious and he has a VERY good record in doing just that. Call me old school but that's what I like and many others too.

This is Boxing after all right, the sport of punching and putting as much hurt onto your opponent as possible.
Hit and not get hit and STAYING IN POSITION TO HIT AGAIN. Funny how so many times I've heard some people miss out the second part of that phrase.

It's not 'land a pittar patter jab, run to other side of the ring and repeat etc'

There is a reason why GGG sells more tickets than most if not all American boxers when he fights in the states - he brings the pain. Same reason why a lot of fighters want a retirement fund just to get into the ring with him - they know they're gonna get fock3d up, check out Jacobs face after the fight and look at Golovkins. Jacobs isn't wearing shades and a hat in the post fight presser cuz he's modelling for Calvin Klein.

Dylan1979

Back to top Go down

Post by Dylan1979 Sat 15 Apr 2017, 7:07 pm

AdamT wrote:I think it can happen September, though it will go up against Floyd v McGregor, so might have to move dates.

Yeah Floyd's circus act needs to take a back seat - April 1st 2018 works well for this joke fight

Dylan1979

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sat 15 Apr 2017, 7:07 pm

GGG sells f all. His ppv numbers are a joke.

Jacobs would beat him in a rematch.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Dylan1979 Sat 15 Apr 2017, 7:12 pm

AdamT wrote:GGG sells f all. His ppv numbers are a joke.

His ppv numbers in the states or worldwide?

Dylan1979

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sat 15 Apr 2017, 7:16 pm

Hes been avoided by most of the big names in the division. From Martinez to Cotto to Alvarez. They all overlooked him when it was obvious he was the best opponent. Hes had lucrative names like Froch and Chavez pass on the fight. Offers made to to Eubank and Saunders have been rejected. He has struggled massively to get the biggest fights. Overrated is a subjective term. Maybe he is "overrated". If he is, then its his main rivlas that are the guiltiest parties.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dylan1979 Sat 15 Apr 2017, 7:16 pm

Dylan1979 wrote:
AdamT wrote:GGG sells f all. His ppv numbers are a joke.

His ppv numbers in the states or worldwide?

Jacobs was asked about a rematch in the post fight presser. Go check out his response.
Not the response of a guy who really believes he was robbed and desperately wants a rematch.

Your hate for Golovkin is blinding you

Dylan1979

Back to top Go down

Post by Dylan1979 Sat 15 Apr 2017, 7:17 pm

Who clicked on Sloppy Joe Saunders to beat GGG?

Dylan1979

Back to top Go down

Post by Dylan1979 Sat 15 Apr 2017, 7:20 pm

AdamT wrote:Who like Canelo? Who else avoided him?

Way too many are killing themselves to make 154 cuz they don't wanna go up to 160 and fight Golovkin.

Dylan1979

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sat 15 Apr 2017, 7:20 pm

Dylan1979 wrote:Who clicked on Sloppy Joe Saunders to beat GGG?

Has to be either his Mum or Frank Warren.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sat 15 Apr 2017, 7:20 pm

Catchweight he brought nothing to the table when Martinez was the man. Cotto is a career Welter and knew the Canelo fight was more lucrative.

You aren't seriously saying Froch avoided a guy, who has shown no desire to go to 168?

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 15 Apr 2017, 7:22 pm

Dylan1979 wrote:

Way too many are killing themselves to make 154 cuz they don't wanna go up to 160 and fight Golovkin.

Yet he himself won't move up either, double standards at their best.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Dylan1979 Sat 15 Apr 2017, 7:27 pm

AdamT wrote:Catchweight he brought nothing to the table when Martinez was the man. Cotto is a career Welter and knew the Canelo fight was more lucrative.

You aren't seriously saying Froch avoided a guy, who has shown no desire to go to 168?

Murray didn't bring anything to the table either, Sergio still fought him.

Let's not forget the duck by Barker. GGG offered to fight him in England and Barker get's 100% of the purse.
All GGG wanted was the Eastern Euro TV rights which would prob's be enough to cover his expenses. Hearn was loving it cuz of the money - Barker said no.

Dylan1979

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sat 15 Apr 2017, 7:29 pm

GGG needs to grow a set and move to 168, or accept Canelo has a far larger fanbase and take the smallcut.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Dylan1979 Sat 15 Apr 2017, 7:30 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:
Dylan1979 wrote:

Oh I'm sorry, is GGG killing himself to make 160. Is he a weight bully? Is he not on the verge of breaking Special Hopkins record? But yeah he should drop it all and move up to fight which star at 168?

Dylan1979

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sat 15 Apr 2017, 7:31 pm

What did Barker, Macklin and Murray "bring to the table" for Martinez? Martinez was steered away from Golovkin by his proters own admission.

Fights were proposed with Froch and Chavez. They werent interested. Froch wanted Chavez or nothing for his final fight. If Golovkin was so overrated, he should have been happy to burst the bubble. He preferred to retire.

Alvarez vacated the title to Golovkin and has sat there waiting him out.

Saunders was offered a career high purse to fight Golovkin - declined the fight. Eubank was offered a career high purse - declined the fight.

Hes not just avoided, hes been one of the most avoided fighters sice the turn of the century. What Alvarez and Goldn Boy have done so far is one of the most engineered side steps of an opponent I have ever witnessed int he sport.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 15 Apr 2017, 7:32 pm

Dylan1979 wrote:
Dylan1979 wrote:

Oh I'm sorry, is GGG killing himself to make 160. Is he a weight bully? Is he not on the verge of breaking Special Hopkins record? But yeah he should drop it all and move up to fight which star at 168?

Stop bitching about the Light Middleweights not moving up then, if he himself won't move up then don't expect it of others.

That Hopkins record means nothing, Monzon's 14 defences of the unified title is what matters.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sat 15 Apr 2017, 7:33 pm

Yet they have offered him a huge amount to fight? GGG not worth 15 million, but Golden boy have offered.

My point of view is, GGG is being a greedy so and so.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Dylan1979 Sat 15 Apr 2017, 7:33 pm

AdamT wrote:GGG needs to grow a set and move to 168, or accept Canelo has a far larger fanbase and take the smallcut.

Larger fanbase? Where? Is Boxing a global sport or just confined to the States and Mexico?

Who do you think has more fans worldwide, GGG or the fake mexican't?

Dylan1979

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sat 15 Apr 2017, 7:34 pm

You're wasting your time. Anyone who knows anything about boxing knows Golovkin is the most avoided fighter since Lennox Lewis/Roy Jones.

Martinez, Cotto, Alvarez, Sturm, Barker, Saunders, Eubank, Froch, Chavez et al all found an excuse not to fight him. When you think of the men the fearless duo of Cotto and Froch have faced in their careers - it speaks volumes.

If Canelo passes on the fight again (should he get past Chavez) then Golovkin has been linked with Gilberto Ramirez at 168 (a fighter some regard as the best of the lot at the weight).

Like Calzaghe - whose career was decent but not great until he faced Lacy - his biggest fights may still be to come.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sat 15 Apr 2017, 7:35 pm

How can Froch avoid a guy that won't move up??

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sat 15 Apr 2017, 7:36 pm

Lol like Calzaghe. He won't be having an ending like Calzaghe.

Lay off the ketamine Haz.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sat 15 Apr 2017, 7:37 pm

AdamT wrote:Yet they have offered him a huge amount to fight? GGG not worth 15 million, but Golden boy have offered.

My point of view is, GGG is being a greedy so and so.

I love these "fans" who all of a sudden have keen business acumen with the inside track on negotiations Erm

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 15 Apr 2017, 7:37 pm

Dylan1979 wrote:
AdamT wrote:GGG needs to grow a set and move to 168, or accept Canelo has a far larger fanbase and take the smallcut.

Larger fanbase? Where? Is Boxing a global sport or just confined to the States and Mexico?

Who do you think has more fans worldwide, GGG or the fake mexican't?

You think GGG is bigger than Canelo?

It doesn't mean anything but GGG's biggest purse was a 50/50 split with Kell Brook where Brook was the one selling the fight to a UK audience.
Where is this global fanbase?

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sat 15 Apr 2017, 7:40 pm

AdamT wrote:Lol like Calzaghe. He won't be having an ending like Calzaghe.

Lay off the ketamine Haz.

How on earth do you profess to know that? Calzaghe was on the verge of the scrap heap after pulling out of a Glen Johnson fight for the umpteenth time (and threatening to pull out of the Lacy fight). Even Warren was ready to cut him loose.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Dylan1979 Sat 15 Apr 2017, 7:43 pm

Dylan1979 wrote:
Dylan1979 wrote:

Stop bitching about the Light Middleweights not moving up then, if he himself won't move up then don't expect it of others.

That Hopkins record means nothing, Monzon's 14 defences of the unified title is what matters.

Whose bitching? I think it's funny that some boxers kill themselves to make weight at 154 and enter the ring 175+. Golovkin fights at 160 and his fight night weight has always ranged between 167-171. He is NOT a big middleweight.

Dylan1979

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sat 15 Apr 2017, 7:45 pm

Dylan1979 wrote:
Dylan1979 wrote:
Dylan1979 wrote:

Whose bitching? I think it's funny that some boxers kill themselves to make weight at 154 and enter the ring  175+. Golovkin fights at 160 and his fight night weight has always ranged between 167-171. He is NOT a big middleweight.

Like Canelo.

"Hey man, we don't f&^% around!.......here's my belt Sir."

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sat 15 Apr 2017, 7:50 pm

GGG called out a welter who walks around at 150.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sat 15 Apr 2017, 7:52 pm

AdamT wrote:GGG called out a welter who walks around at 150.

So did Ward, Hopkins, Martinez....

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sat 15 Apr 2017, 7:54 pm

And Alvarez lost about every round to one

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sat 15 Apr 2017, 7:59 pm

Yes he did. No shame in that. Mayweather is one of the best Modern boxers and Alveraz was still a kid.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sat 15 Apr 2017, 8:08 pm

AdamT wrote:Yes he did. No shame in that. Mayweather is one of the best Modern boxers and Alveraz was still a kid.

He was weight drained.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sat 15 Apr 2017, 8:11 pm

Was he? Looked good on the night.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sat 15 Apr 2017, 8:25 pm

AdamT wrote:Was he? Looked good on the night.

Good at what? Missing?

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 15 Apr 2017, 8:28 pm

There's no point GGG fighting someone who's no good anyway is there?

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sat 15 Apr 2017, 8:40 pm

If GGG gets bet by Canelo, you boys will have some excuses lined up.

They will fight soon. Oscar won't want GGG to lose to anyone else. I think it happens this year. I hope so anyway.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down