The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gat for NZ?

+16
Taylorman
mikey_dragon
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
R!skysports
Hammersmith harrier
majesticimperialman
RiscaGame
alive555
RDW
Cyril
No 7&1/2
RuggerRadge2611
tigertattie
Geordie
Gooseberry
Allty
20 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Gat for NZ? - Page 2 Empty Gat for NZ?

Post by Allty Thu 04 May 2017, 9:11 am

First topic message reminder :

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/id-love-to-beat-the-all-blacks-then-coach-them-mjlvjb90b

Allty

Back to top Go down

Gat for NZ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Gat for NZ?

Post by Guest Wed 10 May 2017, 7:07 am

Residency rule has been increased to five years to end project players

Should be increased to 10 but it's a start

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union/2017/05/10/world-rugby-extends-residency-rule-five-years-end-project-players/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Wed 10 May 2017, 7:35 am

'Nurturing' Rolling Eyes

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Wed 10 May 2017, 7:36 am

2020 so get shopping!

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Wed 10 May 2017, 8:04 am

ebop wrote:Residency rule has been increased to five years to end project players

Should be increased to 10 but it's a start

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union/2017/05/10/world-rugby-extends-residency-rule-five-years-end-project-players/

Yes very good, only one group that will be complaining about this.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Wed 10 May 2017, 2:53 pm

NZRFU

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 May 2017, 8:39 pm

Thankfully NZR doesn't need project players or fictitious grannys. Granny gate was the lowest point in rugby eligibility history.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Wed 10 May 2017, 10:27 pm

ebop wrote:Thankfully NZR doesn't need project players or fictitious grannys. Granny gate was the lowest point in rugby eligibility history.

You're right, the loss of Shane Howarth to NZR must have really hurt but what do you expect from Kiwis eh. Laugh

Thank goodness for the Bachops that the IRB were so understanding.

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Wed 10 May 2017, 10:37 pm

Meanwhile Brett Sinkinson got confused between Carmarthen and Oldham. Easy mistake to make  Whistle

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Wed 10 May 2017, 10:47 pm

Ah Sinkinson, another Kiwi.

NZers in glass houses really shouldn't throw stones. I mean the fact all these Kiwis - unable to play at home due to an oddly PI based selection policy - were forced abroad is one thing and then there is the the strange rules that allowed sivivatu and Lauaki to play for their birth nation AND NZ Shocked

But the turd of the lot is NZ rugby league tsk tsk....Fien for starters and then Bennett resigned. These NZ rugby boys, just all seem to be up to no good. Shocked

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Wed 10 May 2017, 10:50 pm

Colin Charvis.

The list grows...

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Wed 10 May 2017, 10:58 pm

Cyril wrote:Colin Charvis.

The list grows...

Unfortunately the WRU were lead to believe by all sorts of Kiwis that they were eligible to play. I see that as the responsibility of the player i.e. he knows where his grandparents were born and can't expect the WRU to know otherwise if told he has a Welsh granny and actually I think they are all pretty shocking for bringing the great Wales shirt into the sort of disrepute by using sharp practices well used in their homeland to muddy the waters about who is eligible to play for whom, a la Bachups et al.

But really you should leave Englishman Colin Charvis out of this, we're talking Kiwi cheats.

I really should bite my lip but...Dean Richards, the ultimate rugby cheat!!

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 May 2017, 11:09 pm

There sure is a trend with Wales bending the rules isn't there Cyril. Wouldn't be surprised if gwlad had granny issues amongst many others Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Wed 10 May 2017, 11:10 pm

ebop wrote:Thankfully NZR doesn't need project players or fictitious grannys. Granny gate was the lowest point in rugby eligibility history.

No you've just got a lovely cosy nurturing school system to ship em into.

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Wed 10 May 2017, 11:11 pm

ebop wrote:There sure is a trend with Wales bending the rules isn't there Cyril. Wouldn't be surprised if gwlad had granny issues amongst many others Wink

its touching how you are trying to curry support from Cyril while resorting to more personal and really lame attacks on my Granny but then you mocked autism didn't you until the post was taken down. You clearly know no shame.

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 May 2017, 11:13 pm

Granny issues and a sooka bubba Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Wed 10 May 2017, 11:20 pm

I still have the message I sent you about your disgusting autism remark but luckily the MODS took down the post.

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Wed 10 May 2017, 11:22 pm

ebop wrote:There sure is a trend with Wales bending the rules isn't there Cyril. Wouldn't be surprised if gwlad had granny issues amongst many others Wink

I'm sure Gwlad's granny is a lovely lady (probably English) but it just goes to show that that sometimes sense skips a generation or two.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 May 2017, 11:23 pm

Gwlad wrote:I still have the message I sent you about your disgusting autism remark but luckily the MODS took down the post.
Ah so you narked 'again' to the mods

You are such a lightweight

Dish it out but can't handle it back

Cry

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Wed 10 May 2017, 11:25 pm

ebop wrote:
Gwlad wrote:I still have the message I sent you about your disgusting autism remark but luckily the MODS took down the post.
Ah so you narked 'again' to the mods

You are such a lightweight

Cry

That may be but at least I don't mock dreadful diseases like you. Shame on you. Sad

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 May 2017, 11:30 pm

Didn't mock anything

You're just a sensitive flower

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Wed 10 May 2017, 11:31 pm

ebop wrote:Didn't mock anything

Yes you did, you used the disease in lame attempt to deride me. You're are clearly too ignorant to understand that so I won't bother discussing it with you anymore. Stick to rugby, you know marginally more.

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 May 2017, 11:36 pm

Gwlad wrote:
ebop wrote:Didn't mock anything

Yes you did, you used the disease in lame attempt to deride me. You're are clearly too ignorant to understand that so I won't bother discussing it with you anymore. Stick to rugby, you know marginally more.
I made an honest judgement based on your behaviour on this forum. My humblest apologies if I offended you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Wed 10 May 2017, 11:38 pm

You guys

Whatever your personal dislike for me to make fun of that disease is just really bad.

I hope you're satisfied with yourselves, whatever I write on here I would never dream of writing something like that about you or your families.

Really, really disgusting.

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 May 2017, 11:39 pm

There you go hamming it up again

Maybe some inner reflection is what is needed

Are you capable of that?

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 11 May 2017, 7:32 am

I think it is fair to say we've strayed far from the OP and bans are now being handed out. This topic will be binned and more bans handed out if needs be if this continues.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Thu 11 May 2017, 4:41 pm

Fine with me. The issue is of course Gabs returning to NZ and since he turned the Chiefs down for 2018 I would say it is very much on the cards that he could go pre RWC; much may depend on his success in NZ now.

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Thu 11 May 2017, 4:54 pm

Gwlad wrote:Fine with me. The issue is of course Gabs returning to NZ and since he turned the Chiefs down for 2018 I would say it is very much on the cards that he could go pre RWC; much may depend on his success in NZ now.

On what basis is that prediction founded? Has He not has always said that he would stay with wales till the end of his contract?

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 11 May 2017, 4:58 pm

I've heard rumours that he might stay in New Zealand after the Lions tour. Alas, they're just rumours.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Thu 11 May 2017, 5:00 pm

Look if he is receiving offers it is because the word is out that he may be looking. He may stay in Wales for 2019 and then return, he may return to NZ sooner. Nobody really knows except him.

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Fri 12 May 2017, 4:37 am

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:I've heard rumours that he might stay in New Zealand after the Lions tour. Alas, they're just rumours.

Perhaps he's had a change of heart and wants to be in a position to give his boy a best shot at the AB jersey as soon as he can now he's playing Super rugby.

I would.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Fri 12 May 2017, 4:53 pm

Why would he need to be in NZ for his son to achieve that?

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Fri 12 May 2017, 5:02 pm

Gwlad wrote:Why would he need to be in NZ for his son to achieve that?

True. Mark Anscombe tried his best (starting Jr at #10 for NZ U20 & Auckland) but ultimately Garreth wasn't close to being good enough and moved on.

With Dave Rennie & Tony Brown moving on from the Chiefs & Highlanders respectively come August the time could be right for Gatland - if he wants a shot at succeeding Hansen he'd need to get into one of those roles.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Fri 12 May 2017, 5:27 pm

So you're suggesting Gtaland would abuse his position to advance his son's career?

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Fri 12 May 2017, 5:40 pm

Gwlad wrote:So you're suggesting Gtaland would abuse his position to advance his son's career?

Nope. I suggested that it'd be a daft idea for anyone to try that.

I then hypothesised based on your Gatland-to-NZ suggestion up-thread re. the soon to be vacant Super Rugby roles.

Granted that'd be a bit messy given the length of Gatland's WRU contract. And I'm sure the WRU want plenty more time to find a prospective successor who isn't Howley.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Fri 12 May 2017, 5:47 pm

My mistake I just read

'Mark Anscombe tried his best etc" and stupidly thought you were suggesting Gats would do the same. Silly me.

I think Gats being in Wales for the last 8 years shows just how independent his son's progression has been from familial influence, with the additional context that Gats seems to be regarded pretty poorly by Kiwis (well on here at least) I can't see his influence on his son being a good thing and think he is clever enough to know to distance himself.

I do increasingly think that a return to NZ is on the cards and should he win this tour I think he will realize that it is his time to return and start working towards his ultimate objective - his ambition is clear - to coach the All Blacks.

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Fri 12 May 2017, 6:54 pm

Pete C (Kiwireddevil) wrote:

True. Mark Anscombe tried his best (starting Jr at #10 for NZ U20 & Auckland) but ultimately Garreth wasn't close to being good enough and moved on.

With Dave Rennie & Tony Brown moving on from the Chiefs & Highlanders respectively come August the time could be right for Gatland - if he wants a shot at succeeding Hansen he'd need to get into one of those roles.

I just meant he might want to be in NZ at a time his son is forging a career in the sport and he could miss that. It's a big deal for a Dad, where coaching Wales and the Lions is just a job, something he could do here, and he's been around that scene for 'decades'.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Fri 12 May 2017, 7:00 pm

Taylorman wrote:
Pete C (Kiwireddevil) wrote:

I just meant he might want to be in NZ at a time his son is forging a career in the sport and he could miss that. It's a big deal for a Dad, where coaching Wales and the Lions is just a job, something he could do here, and he's been around that scene for 'decades'.

Oops. Sorry, I'd been reading the Ulster lads' chat about M. Anscombe's other "issues" while at Ulster plus I'd been on that U20 to caps thread & my mind went there
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Fri 12 May 2017, 7:00 pm

Bryn is 22 yes...I think that means he has missed his formative years as a player, to be honest I think it's a tough call to have been away for long but it tells you about his drive and ambition.

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Fri 12 May 2017, 8:53 pm

Ooh I dunno, for the same reasons fathers take their kids every weekend to play sport, to see them thrive, support their dreams perhaps? Plus he's probably got a bit of inside information on what it takes to play at the top perhaps.

Mustn't have been easy getting to this level while Gats has been on the other side of the planet most of the time. I know he's here often cos we get to hear about him falling off ladders and things at Christmas but must be difficult not watching him play.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Fri 12 May 2017, 9:31 pm

Gwlad wrote:My mistake I just read

'Mark Anscombe tried his best etc" and stupidly thought you were suggesting Gats would do the same. Silly me.

I think Gats being in Wales for the last 8 years shows just how independent his son's progression has been from familial influence,  with the additional context that Gats seems to be regarded pretty poorly by Kiwis (well on here at least) I can't see his influence on his son being a good thing and think he is clever enough to know to distance himself.

I do increasingly think that a return to NZ is on the cards and should he win this tour I think he will realize that it is his time to return and start working towards his ultimate objective - his ambition is clear - to coach the All Blacks.

Good to see you going out on a limb with your predictions, you could probably put money on it that he will return to New Zealand especially as his family live here. Its probably not helping him achieve his goals by persisting with Wales.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Fri 12 May 2017, 9:33 pm

You mean his goal to oust Hansen and coach the All Blacks...no probably not Rolling Eyes

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 13 May 2017, 11:24 am

Has Gatland's family remained in NZ all this time he's coached in the NH?

That's a bit strange and sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Allty Sat 13 May 2017, 11:30 am

It is very sad.

Allty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 13 May 2017, 11:41 am

Yeah Allty and a bit selfish really. One's career is important but when you only see your family 3 or 4 times a year you have to wonder whether it's been worth it. What's it been, 10+ years? Good on him, he's more Welsh than kiwi now probably despite a bit of occasional DIY at Waihi beach.

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Sat 13 May 2017, 12:08 pm

ebop wrote:Has Gatland's family remained in NZ all this time he's coached in the NH?

That's a bit strange and sad

Not sad at all, some parents make sacrifices for the benefit of their children, in this case Warren regarded it as more important that Brynn remain in New Zealand where he could get quality rugby coaching and a quality rugby education.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by alive555 Sat 13 May 2017, 12:55 pm

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:I didn't know about Foster but I expected it to be someone like Rennie definitely, along with Crusaders current coach should their form continue. Which is the coach who turned the Highlanders from zero's to hero's?

Haven't Schmidt and Cotter been away from NZ as long/longer than Gatland? Cotter is overrated by some in the NH and further down the pecking order than Great Gats. Schmidt is a good coach, but like Gatland would probably need a S15 stint before getting to coach the All Blacks.

I keep hearing how Scotland's players aren't all that good and that as a team they are better than the sum of their parts. In addition I hear that the Welsh players are superstars who are just poorly coached.

Doesn't that obliterate your argument?

you destroyed him

if cotter can get scotland to 5th in the world with only 2 players worthy of lions selection hes the best coach in the world

alive555

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Sat 13 May 2017, 5:19 pm

Three

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sat 13 May 2017, 7:15 pm

Does any one seriously think/believe that Gatland will end up coaching the All Blacks?

I mean come on seriously?

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Sat 13 May 2017, 7:44 pm

Gwlad wrote:
RuggerRadge2611 wrote:This whole article is about Gatland and Wales and what he might do after the Lions test?

I imagine he'll return to his job in Wales before going S15 in 2019 and then All Blacks.

Gwlad's imagination tells him that Gatland will be coach of the All blacks in 2019, then again Gwlads imagination is very busy. I doubt if anyone else agrees with him though.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sat 13 May 2017, 10:32 pm

majesticimperialman wrote:Does any one seriously think/believe that Gatland will end up coaching the All Blacks?

I mean come on seriously?

Nope. He's rarely in the picture here. Too long away from NZ rugby. No NZ coach has stayed away that long. The trend is to get international experience to get a different perspective then come back and try your luck.

That's what Henry and Hansen did.

Gatland kept taking offers and extending contracts, taking the big northern dollars until perhaps thinking he'll just fall into the AB position.

Doesnt work that way.

He should have joined the queue at Super level, and probably still can. He could have put his hand up for the struggling Blues role over the last decade or so and perhaps made a difference here.

But until he cuts it at Super rugby, he's not going any further. He needs to prove he can coach, select and win at NZs style of rugby, with NZ players.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum