The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SURREY VS YORKSHIRE ROYAL SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

SURREY VS YORKSHIRE ROYAL SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP - Page 2 Empty SURREY VS YORKSHIRE ROYAL SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by jimbobgooner Sun 25 Jun - 16:26

First topic message reminder :

Surrey have named a fourteen-man squad for this week’s floodlit Specsavers County Championship with Yorkshire at Headingley.
Both Jason Roy and Conor McKerr are selected in a first-class squad for the first time this season, with fast bowler Ravi Rampaul missing out on selection due to a minor ankle injury that and the canteen not being up to much. Wink
All three of Surrey’s successful England Lions: Ben Foakes, Mark Stoneman and Sam Curran, return to the Surrey squad after defeating South Africa A in Canterbury and Tom Curran is also available for selection, joining up with the squad alongside Roy following England’s final T20 match against South Africa in Cardiff this afternoon.
There is no place in the squad for Jade Dernbach or Ollie Pope.
In a first for domestic cricket in this country, the game will be played using a pink ball, with the action starting every day at 2pm.
Full Surrey Squad:
Gareth Batty (captain)
Scott Borthwick
Rory Burns
Sam Curran
Tom Curran
Ben Foakes (wk)
Mark Footitt
Conor McKerr
Stuart Meaker
Jason Roy
Kumar Sangakkara
Dominic Sibley
Mark Stoneman
Amar Virdi
unless we give Baby face a rest I would see Mckerr,Sibley and Virdi missing out
over to you chaps  thumbsup

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS YORKSHIRE ROYAL SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP - Page 2 Empty Re: SURREY VS YORKSHIRE ROYAL SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by guildfordbat Tue 27 Jun - 17:17

Great (late) start to day two. Ton for Sanga and 5 bonus points for JimBob. Very Happy

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS YORKSHIRE ROYAL SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP - Page 2 Empty Re: SURREY VS YORKSHIRE ROYAL SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Tue 27 Jun - 17:21

Very handy 50 partnership. Obviously match is destined for a draw with such a poor weather forecast for remainder of match - but it's nice to see the team playing well. Would be excellent if Tom Curran could put together a score.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Tue 27 Jun - 17:26

According to BBC website Sanga is averaging 100.8 in the championship.... clap clap

Reminds me of a couple of back to back seasons a while ago - if memory serves - when Ramps averaged around 100 for the whole season. (That was I think before the championship was split and so there would have been some easier matches.)

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue 27 Jun - 17:35

Although we've grumbled to varying extents on not enough of our batsmen properly kicking on once they've got in, at least the entire top 8 have made some contribution. The lowest score being 20.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Tue 27 Jun - 17:35

guildfordbat wrote:Great (late) start to day two. Ton for Sanga and 5 bonus points for JimBob. Very Happy
Yahoo

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Tue 27 Jun - 17:42

450 up clap clap

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Tue 27 Jun - 17:49

150 for the king Very Happy clap clap clap clap

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Tue 27 Jun - 17:54

Surrey have scored 102 in 50 minutes! Shocked Shocked clap clap

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Tue 27 Jun - 17:57

rashid is bowling some absolute toilet

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 27 Jun - 18:04

Getting to the point now where we might start having to remove the sight screen to make it fair when Sanga bats
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Tue 27 Jun - 18:27

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:Getting to the point now where we might start having to remove the sight screen to make it fair when Sanga bats
Laugh

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Tue 27 Jun - 18:27

516 for 7 declared with the king stranded on 180 Wink

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue 27 Jun - 20:01

Even though it seems near certain that rain will prevent a positive result, it's still a good feeling on day two that we'll be heading back at the end with full batting points and possibly some bowling points having drawn away to a Yorks side with many of their England players.

Reasonable expectations there, Olly. Wink

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 27 Jun - 21:03

guildfordbat wrote:Even though it seems near certain that rain will prevent a positive result, it's still a good feeling on day two that we'll be heading back at the end with full batting points and possibly some bowling points having drawn away to a Yorks side with many of their England players.

Reasonable expectations there, Olly. Wink

Very much so! A good start with the ball from the Currans - good to see them keep it tight, thus restricting the likelihood of any Yorks batting points too!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu 29 Jun - 8:18

Try and get 3 bowling points today to go with the 5 for batting before heading home with a very respectable draw. That's it.

Don't want any mucking about with deals meaning we give them a run chase and risk getting egg on our face. Good opportunity today to give Borthwick a decent bowl plus also McKerr.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 29 Jun - 8:46

KP has just tweeted that there is an announcement coming at 1pm on the Surrey account....I'd imagine it might be to do with his charity...but who knows
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu 29 Jun - 9:14

I'm sure it will be heavily geared towards Pietersen's conservation work. Whilst that is commendable, given Surrey CCC is primarily a cricket club, I hope there's something for the game as well.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 29 Jun - 16:34

match drawn where's my £1 Guildford Wink

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu 29 Jun - 18:19

Very Happy Disappointing end to the game, JimBob. Had expected pretty much a full day. Anyway, a very good performance as far as the weather allowed.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2