The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who misses Friday Fight Night?

3 posters

Go down

Who misses Friday Fight Night? Empty Who misses Friday Fight Night?

Post by MrJB Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:53 pm

Anyone?

I really enjoyed Friday Fight Night. You always knew who the British Champions were (regardless of promoter), was a awesome platform to make a name for yourself and it was a great way to start the weekend.

I can't help but feel that without this exposure it has devalued the British title somewhat.

Just my view

MrJB

Back to top Go down

Who misses Friday Fight Night? Empty Re: Who misses Friday Fight Night?

Post by Derbymanc Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:26 am

Isn't this NXTGN thing supposed to be doing a similar thing?. Check out your local shows JB, some of the promoters have started charging just 20 quid for them (i know Kier does, think a couple of others have started across the North West) and if they're in the right place, the beer is cheap and you'll have a laugh.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by MrJB Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:51 am

I don't have access to Sky at the moment and am based in London so will see whats around

MrJB

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:33 am

Keep an eye out on Dave Coldwells and another (biggish UK promoter,not Ed, Mick or Frank, can't remember his bloody name now but he puts regular internet shows on and has a couple onfreeview

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by MrJB Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:47 am

Channel 5 do some good shows but there is never any publicity so I find out after the fight. Would have loved to have seen the recent Taylor Davies for example

MrJB

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:56 pm

Next channel five fight is on November 11th, Josh Taylor in action

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by MrJB Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:34 pm

wheelchair1991 wrote:Next channel five fight is on November 11th, Josh Taylor in action

Just seen who he's fighting as well. Vazquez when 10-0? Brave, perhaps too brave

MrJB

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:55 am

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxing/ricky-hattons-former-promoter-dennis-11333274

Ricky Hatton’s former promoter Dennis Hobson has agreed a deal with FreeSports TV to showcase the next generation of talent.

Hobson has signed an exclusive deal with FreeSports to show a minimum of 12 shows annually via Sky Sports, Freeview, Talk Talk and BT to 23 million homes.

The Sheffield promoter has a proven track record at bringing through talent and masterminded the careers of former IBF light-heavyweight world champ Clinton Woods and WBA bantamweight king Jamie McDonnell.

Hobson also helped Hatton crack America over a decade ago and stages his first show on Friday night at Sheffield’s Ponds Forge Arena with Sam Sheedy defending his Commonwealth middleweight title against Steel City rival Liam Cameron.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down