The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sanath Jayasuriya back in Lanka Squad

+2
eirebilly
msp83
6 posters

Go down

Sanath Jayasuriya back in Lanka Squad Empty Sanath Jayasuriya back in Lanka Squad

Post by msp83 Thu 09 Jun 2011, 8:31 am

Sanath Jayasuriya is back in the Lanka ODI and T-20 squad to play against England.

A man of many comebacks, Jayasuriya has done it yet again!. he last played an ODI in 2009, and wasn't picked in the Lanka squad for the WC. The IPL that was the launching pad for his previous comeback didn't have any takers for him this time around. Meanwhile Jayasuriya contest the Lanka parliament elections successfully.

Sanath has the record for the oldest century maker in ODIs. But towards the end, he was a shadow of the wonderful player that he was in his peak.

What do you think of Jayasuriya's latest comeback? Will he continue to surprise us? I just hope so, but I doubt it. Anyways, all the very best Sanath!.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Sanath Jayasuriya back in Lanka Squad Empty Re: Sanath Jayasuriya back in Lanka Squad

Post by eirebilly Thu 09 Jun 2011, 8:51 am

Wow, how old is he now? I am 40 and i am pretty sure that he is older than me......

Great player back in the day but i am not sure that he will have any impact now.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Sanath Jayasuriya back in Lanka Squad Empty Re: Sanath Jayasuriya back in Lanka Squad

Post by msp83 Thu 09 Jun 2011, 9:16 am

Jayasuriya is pushing 42!!!.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by activereactive Thu 09 Jun 2011, 10:14 am

Jayasuriya is pushing 42!!!
wow, this is unbelievable, I am sure Jaisurya will deliver a couple of centuries.

activereactive

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Thu 09 Jun 2011, 10:28 am

Fairness to him then, i knew he was older than me lol.

Great stuff if he can pull something off but i really doubt it. Great player though, spent many a year watching him play.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 09 Jun 2011, 10:30 am

ridiclous that he is back in the squad, they left him out cos he couldnt get into double figures, they should be looking towards the future.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Selig Thu 09 Jun 2011, 10:56 am

Honestly I agree with cricketfan90. A backwards move, picking a player who has other commitments, won't be fit, instead of looking to the future. I think it is highly unlikely he will score runs. He was a great player but for me since 2007 he hasn't been upto to international standards. A shame.

Mike Selig

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Fri 10 Jun 2011, 11:56 am

Jayasuriya announced he'll retire from international cricket after the first ODI. Sanath has a bit of history with England, from his destruction of their bowling in the 96 WC Quarter Final, to a raspping final test innings of 78 during the course of which Jimmy Anderson went for 22 in an over. leaving aside our team preferences, lets all wish Sanath a last hurrah, all the best to a fabulous entertainer!.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Fri 10 Jun 2011, 12:14 pm

I dont think run scoring will be a masive issue for him but fitness and fielding could be in a 50 over game.
T20 seems a better retirement home for the elderly than ODIs, but if hes good enough hes good enough.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic_boom10 Fri 10 Jun 2011, 1:26 pm

Sanath is as fit as anyone in World cricket

sonic_boom10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 Jun 2011, 1:35 pm

sonic_boom10 wrote:Sanath is as fit as anyone in World cricket

🤦

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic_boom10 Fri 10 Jun 2011, 1:38 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:
sonic_boom10 wrote:Sanath is as fit as anyone in World cricket

🤦
go do one

sonic_boom10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 Jun 2011, 1:39 pm

no

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down