The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6 NATIONS 2018 - England v Wales build up/Match/Autopsy Thread - 12-6

+65
englandglory4ever
No name Bertie
TrailApe
The Great Aukster
Collapse2005
maestegmafia
mckay1402
Taylorman
Breadvan
Gwlad
TJ
gavstar
SimonofSurrey
Cumbrian
exile jack
catchweight
Exiledinborders
nathan
RDW
profitius
Duty281
stub
kingelderfield
chris_501
eirebilly
Sgt_Pooly
munkian
Noble-Surfer
Luckless Pedestrian
propdavid_london
formerly known as Sam
ChequeredJersey
Tattie Scones RRN
Gooseberry
EnglishReign
Jimmy Moz
Steffan
Recwatcher16
doctor_grey
quinsforever
cascough
WELL-PAST-IT
yappysnap
beshocked
thomh
carpet baboon
mikey_dragon
LordDowlais
Rugby Fan
No 7&1/2
dummy_half
rapidsnowman
mid_gen
RuggerRadge2611
BamBam
lostinwales
Geordie
majesticimperialman
RiscaGame
LondonTiger
Scottrf
Poorfour
Heaf
SecretFly
TightHEAD
69 posters

Page 13 of 18 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next

Go down

6 NATIONS 2018 - England v Wales build up/Match/Autopsy Thread - 12-6 - Page 13 Empty 6 NATIONS 2018 - England v Wales build up/Match/Autopsy Thread - 12-6

Post by TightHEAD Sun 04 Feb 2018, 5:13 pm

First topic message reminder :

England v Wales (The Big One) ITV 16:45pm

So much rests on this game. Wales look strong, England did enough in Rome to look comfortable.

Really hard to see how this wil play out.

Discuss.

Ref - Jérôme Garcès (France)

Head to head - Played - 130 Eng 61 - Wales 57 - Drawn 12

England Team

15 Mike Brown (Harlequins 65 caps) 14 Anthony Watson (Bath Rugby 29 caps) 13 Jonathan Joseph (Bath Rugby 36 caps) 12 Owen Farrell (Saracens 54 caps) 11 Jonny May (Leicester Tigers 30 caps)
10 George Ford (Leicester Tigers 41 caps) 9 Danny Care (Harlequins 77 caps)

1 Mako Vunipola (Saracens 45 caps) 2 Dylan Hartley (Northampton Saints 90 caps) 3 Dan Cole (Leicester Tigers 78 caps)
4 Joe Launchbury (Wasps 48 caps) 5 Maro Itoje (Saracens 15 caps) 6 Courtney Lawes (Northampton Saints 62 caps) 7 Chris Robshaw (Harlequins 60 caps) 8 Sam Simmonds (Exeter Chiefs 4 caps)

Replacements
16 Jamie George (Saracens 21 caps) 17 Alec Hepburn (Exeter Chiefs 1 cap) 18 Harry Williams (Exeter Chiefs 6 caps) 19 George Kruis (Saracens 22 caps)  20 Sam Underhill (Bath Rugby 4 caps) 21 Richard Wigglesworth (Saracens 27 caps) 22 Ben Te’o (Worcester Warriors 9 caps) 23 Jack Nowell (Exeter Chiefs 24 caps)

Wales team
Leigh Halfpenny (Scarlets); Josh Adams (Worcester), Scott Williams (Scarlets), Hadleigh Parkes (Scarlets), Steff Evans (Scarlets); Rhys Patchell (Scarlets), Gareth Davies (Scarlets); Rob Evans (Scarlets), Ken Owens (Scarlets), Samson Lee (Scarlets), Cory Hill (Dragons), Alun Wyn Jones (Ospreys capt), Aaron Shingler (Scarlets), Josh Navidi (Cardiff Blues), Ross Moriarty (Gloucester).

Replacements: Elliot Dee (Dragons), Wyn Jones (Scarlets), Tomas Francis (Exeter Chiefs), Bradley Davies (Ospreys), Justin Tipuric (Ospreys), Aled Davies (Scarlets), Gareth Anscombe (Cardiff Blues), George North (Northampton).

NO TRY - https://mobile.twitter.com/mattyjwills/status/962615635321737217/video/1

Last edited by TightHEAD on Tue 13 Feb 2018, 10:05 am; edited 8 times in total
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

6 NATIONS 2018 - England v Wales build up/Match/Autopsy Thread - 12-6 - Page 13 Empty Re: 6 NATIONS 2018 - England v Wales build up/Match/Autopsy Thread - 12-6

Post by nathan Sat 10 Feb 2018, 8:41 pm

Mikey showing his usual comments when Wales lose, are you Welsh not embarrassed by this guy?

nathan

Back to top Go down

6 NATIONS 2018 - England v Wales build up/Match/Autopsy Thread - 12-6 - Page 13 Empty Re: 6 NATIONS 2018 - England v Wales build up/Match/Autopsy Thread - 12-6

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 10 Feb 2018, 8:51 pm

Cumbrian wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
Cumbrian wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
Cumbrian wrote:I must admit the ITV coverage irritated me, asking Gareth Thomas if he thought Wales were unlucky?! I mean really what was he going to say? You can go on about the ‘try’ but I believe England only got 2-3 penalties during the whole game! And none at all in the second half. When have you ever heard/ seen that in a game?!? Wales were constantly off their feet at the ruck. They constantly had hands on the deck. England won 2 tries  to nill and the controversy I can see is why we were not allowed to play for more!

Why do England fans tend to complain and bemoan the ref regardless of win or lose? The worst ref-whingers always happen to be English.

Yes Welsh fans never moan about referees do they?  They simply accept every decision going. Do they Poopie.

I watched a game of rugby where England were only given two penalties in the space of 80 minutes and none at all in the second and yet all I hear is how hard done by the opposition were.  That doesn't strike you as odd?  

Lol, some English guy complained about my comments about an English ref-complaint, how pathetic.

Oh we all do it, just not as much as the English and Scots on here, and they seem to do it a lot when playing Wales. Also you don't see many of us here complaining about our legit try being disallowed right?

Not sure who's saying the opposition is hard done by? That's something else you English have been doing lately. Making stuff up so you can argue with the Welsh, looks like you're getting your worst fans tag back Shocked.

Oh it is everybody but you guys eh?  Did you actually read my post?  I believe I was talking about the ITV coverage, not 'on here', but you know, read what you like.  You lost despite the ref giving you every chance to win, deal with it.

Are you blind, I just said we all do it. I just highlighted who does it the most on here, especially with Wales who aren't really complaining about the ref. Maybe it's skewed by those nationalities having greater numbers on here.... and most other forums it seems Wink. I think if you went to the WOL you'd find more complaints about the ref, but that awful rag only has a small following, thankfully. I agree with you on the ITV coverage but then you went into the usual ref-moan. Now you're doing it again. It's untrue, pathetic and embarrassing. Reading back some of you made fair comments and didn't blame the ref for what England done wrong, thankfully...

So now a ref-moan from me, not only did we have a legit try disallowed, May also never grounded it for his first try.... But I'll move on from it now.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 10 Feb 2018, 8:52 pm

nathan wrote:Mikey showing his usual comments when Wales lose, are you Welsh not embarrassed by this guy?

Wow such a grown up response thumbsup. Just have an early night pal.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Feb 2018, 8:55 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
nathan wrote:This ref is giving Wales a leg up in this game

Are ya'll not embarrassed by this guy?

No. Nathan and Heaf have a special place in our hearts for their ref moaning, truly world class stuff.

Besides, people who moan about the refs regardless of the results are much better than the people who only moan when their team loses.

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 10 Feb 2018, 9:01 pm

Fuzzy Dunlop wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:

No. Nathan and Heaf have a special place in our hearts for their ref moaning, truly world class stuff.

Besides, people who moan about the refs regardless of the results are much better than the people who only moan when their team loses.

Every comment from your butty on this thread though...

Neither is good, but I feel the standard of officiating should be worth discussing when it's very sub par across the board IE like we've previously seen in the Pro12/14. I think it's got a little bit better now. I really don't see what was so bad about the ref today. Arguably the TMO with his incorrect decision (also subjective I guess), but it seems we didn't and at that point in the game that we wouldn't do enough to win anyway.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Feb 2018, 9:05 pm

We just wanted to make you all feel at home, we've seen Welsh comments about Irish referees on Pro12/14 threads and we thought this is what you wanted?

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Sat 10 Feb 2018, 9:07 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
Cumbrian wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
Cumbrian wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
Cumbrian wrote:I must admit the ITV coverage irritated me, asking Gareth Thomas if he thought Wales were unlucky?! I mean really what was he going to say? You can go on about the ‘try’ but I believe England only got 2-3 penalties during the whole game! And none at all in the second half. When have you ever heard/ seen that in a game?!? Wales were constantly off their feet at the ruck. They constantly had hands on the deck. England won 2 tries  to nill and the controversy I can see is why we were not allowed to play for more!

Why do England fans tend to complain and bemoan the ref regardless of win or lose? The worst ref-whingers always happen to be English.

Yes Welsh fans never moan about referees do they?  They simply accept every decision going. Do they Poopie.

I watched a game of rugby where England were only given two penalties in the space of 80 minutes and none at all in the second and yet all I hear is how hard done by the opposition were.  That doesn't strike you as odd?  

Lol, some English guy complained about my comments about an English ref-complaint, how pathetic.

Oh we all do it, just not as much as the English and Scots on here, and they seem to do it a lot when playing Wales. Also you don't see many of us here complaining about our legit try being disallowed right?

Not sure who's saying the opposition is hard done by? That's something else you English have been doing lately. Making stuff up so you can argue with the Welsh, looks like you're getting your worst fans tag back Shocked.

Oh it is everybody but you guys eh?  Did you actually read my post?  I believe I was talking about the ITV coverage, not 'on here', but you know, read what you like.  You lost despite the ref giving you every chance to win, deal with it.

Are you blind, I just said we all do it. I just highlighted who does it the most on here, especially with Wales who aren't really complaining about the ref. Maybe it's skewed by those nationalities having greater numbers on here.... and most other forums it seems Wink. I think if you went to the WOL you'd find more complaints about the ref, but that awful rag only has a small following, thankfully. I agree with you on the ITV coverage but then you went into the usual ref-moan. Now you're doing it again. It's untrue, pathetic and embarrassing. Reading back some of you made fair comments and didn't blame the ref for what England done wrong, thankfully...

So now a ref-moan from me, not only did we have a legit try disallowed, May also never grounded it for his first try.... But I'll move on from it now.

No I’m not ‘blind’ which is why I recognise that no one nationality is better or worse than another when complaining about the referee. You might be described as ‘one eyed’ though. However you stretch credibility if you think Jonny didn’t get the ball down. Are you serious?!? Laugh
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 10 Feb 2018, 9:13 pm

So why are you complaining about the ref so much?

Well I just seen a replay of it, it looked like Jonny didn't ground the ball. The ref gave the try and he got up without grounding it and threw the ball away. It's not a decision I can rue though, we leave that to the English.

Are you bringing the Irish into it for no apparent reason? Or was today's TMO Irish? Interesting comments from a rugby legend regarding Ireland:

"I always knew, even though I didn't say it in advance, that this was the day that was going to be the hardest we'd face for many a year."

"I think Ireland play much better rugby than England for me, It's much more difficult to defend against them, for me."

"For me personally it was far more difficult against Ireland. I like the way they play. For me they play very good rugby; yeah, they are better than England."

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 10 Feb 2018, 9:16 pm

I'm drunk, already declared.....

Mikey isn't though and is yet still moaning

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sat 10 Feb 2018, 9:21 pm

Heaf wrote:
lostinwales wrote:Still don't get that penalty. Ball is out Farrell goes for it then ref blows...

Puzzled about that too - if the ball was out what was the pen for?

Playing the 9. He could have picked the ball up or kicked it. He cannot push the 9 out of the way

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sat 10 Feb 2018, 9:23 pm

FFS Mickey stillmoaning away and complaining that everybody hates the welsh. this trolland his like is why I hardly ever visit here any more. I had hoped to get some info =on the game I only saw bits of but as usually Mikey and his fellow trolls ruin the thread

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sat 10 Feb 2018, 9:23 pm

'The English' in every comment. I wanted to ignore your pathetic rants but again you try to attack an entire nation who in general were very balanced in comments about the officiating.

You're a pathetic xenophobe.

Enjoy the loss and focus on the Italy game in round 4 because you're not ready for the top table yet.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Feb 2018, 9:25 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:

Are you bringing the Irish into it for no apparent reason?

Because we English fans want our ref moaners to learn from the best, and that usually means sending them into a Pro14 match thread that involves a Welsh team and an Irish ref. We aim to have 13 7/10 moaners and a couple of world class ones who sometimes give you a 4/10 performance and sometimes a 9/10 one.

As for your last quote...For me I can't speak for everyone but for me I know more English fans who for me think Ireland will beat England at Twickenham, for me.

Last edited by Fuzzy Dunlop on Sat 10 Feb 2018, 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Sat 10 Feb 2018, 9:28 pm

I’m complaining because I thought the penalty count was really weighted in favour of the Welsh. It irritated me and this is an opion forum (last time I checked) I believe England could/should have won by more.

There was no question that May grounded the ball, you are setting up straw men if you suggest otherwise. Laugh

Where did I mention Ireland or the Irish? That you reading what you want to again.

At the end of the day let’s all agree that the better team won and leave it at that eh? kiss

Quite frankly I’m more worried about the next game and will be watching the Scots’game with France closely.

Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 10 Feb 2018, 9:34 pm

Scottrf wrote:'The English' in every comment. I wanted to ignore your pathetic rants but again you try to attack an entire nation who in general were very balanced in comments about the officiating.

You're a pathetic xenophobe.

Enjoy the loss and focus on the Italy game in round 4 because you're not ready for the top table yet.

Bit harsh but I feel you have a good point in that I shouldn't have generalised. After all we see a lot of generalisations against the Welsh, right above by the usual culprit too who had another tantrum just last week, but it seems to get played down by those doing it. Later I did acknowledge that some fans spoke fairly too.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Sat 10 Feb 2018, 9:36 pm

England were poor against a Welsh 3rd/4th XV who outplayed them completely in the 2nd half and only on because TMO stands for Totally Myopic Official

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sat 10 Feb 2018, 9:37 pm

Gwlad wrote:England were poor against a Welsh 3rd/4th XV who outplayed them completely in the 2nd half and only on because TMO stands for Totally Myopic Official

Well, work on getting your 1st 15 on the pitch then.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Sat 10 Feb 2018, 9:38 pm

Ireland will nip it at the end v England I expect although I think Wales may well beat them assuming the officials are competent in their roles

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Sat 10 Feb 2018, 9:38 pm

Laugh sure, sure whatever you say.
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 10 Feb 2018, 9:39 pm

Cumbrian wrote:I’m complaining because I thought the penalty count was really weighted in favour of the Welsh. It irritated me and this is an opion  forum (last time I checked) I believe England could/should have won by more.

There was no question that May grounded the ball, you are setting up straw men if you suggest otherwise.  Laugh

Where did I mention Ireland or the Irish? That you reading what you want to again.

At the end of the day let’s all agree that the better team won and leave it at that eh?  kiss

Quite frankly I’m more worried about the next game and will be watching the Scots’game with France closely.

Perhaps that was because England gave away more penalties? Sometimes you just have to admit that rather than ref-moan. I feel Wales had a slight edge at the breakdown and lineout, but some would rather blame the ref for that it sees. An opinion forum it is, but if you're having a moan someone else might give you their opinion on that Smile.

Well have you watched the replay? I didn't see footage where it was grounded. I feel it's a bit of a moot point though.

The better team won, no disagreement about that from me. And I'm not sure if Ireland are good enough to win at Twickeham yet either.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 10 Feb 2018, 9:41 pm

nathan wrote:I'm drunk, already declared.....

Mikey isn't though and is yet still moaning

You must spend all day and night Friday, Saturday and Sunday drunk. The occasional Thursday night too. That's not healthy.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Sat 10 Feb 2018, 9:42 pm

Scottrf wrote:
Gwlad wrote:England were poor against a Welsh 3rd/4th XV who outplayed them completely in the 2nd half and only on because TMO stands for Totally Myopic Official

Well, they're injured

L Williams
Half
JD2
Biggar
Faletau
Ball
Warburton
Webb

with those boys and honest TMO we'd have won at a canter

I also think its a shame that England have become pretty unsportsmanlike under Eddie the Eagle, but I guess better Brown be smiling than having his usual tantrum Rolling Eyes

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sat 10 Feb 2018, 9:44 pm

Gwlad wrote:
Scottrf wrote:

Well, they're injured

L Williams
Half
JD2
Biggar
Faletau
Ball
Warburton
Webb

I also think its a shame that England have become pretty unsportsmanlike under Eddie the Eagle, but I guess better Brown be smiling than having his usual tantrum  Rolling Eyes

None of them even play for their clubs. Must just make them weak in Wales.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Sat 10 Feb 2018, 9:44 pm

There was me thinking this was a rugby forum. There was a game on this afternoon wasn't there?

That tackle from Underhill really was something. Williams had done exactly the right thing diving early

Underhill is not the finished article but something like that makes me think he turn into  a great player for us

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Sat 10 Feb 2018, 9:48 pm

Scottrf wrote:
Gwlad wrote:
Scottrf wrote:

Well, they're injured

L Williams
Half
JD2
Biggar
Faletau
Ball
Warburton
Webb

I also think its a shame that England have become pretty unsportsmanlike under Eddie the Eagle, but I guess better Brown be smiling than having his usual tantrum  Rolling Eyes

None of them even play for their clubs. Must just make them weak in Wales.

You're spouting nonsense again Scott, nothing changes. Shame when people try and exploit player injuries with cheap shots, usually the actions of people who've never even played the game

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sat 10 Feb 2018, 9:50 pm

I think both sets of fans should have serious misgivings about their teams inability to turn opportunities into points.

England lost the ball in the Welsh 22 far too many times for me to count. Wales butchered too many chances, and even the Underhill wonder tackle was helped by the 4 men letting Brown slow them up.

Sure the TMO may have cost Wales 2 or 4 points, but Wales lack of composure cost them more.

England were the better team, though I am biased, but both sides should have scored more.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Sat 10 Feb 2018, 9:52 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
Cumbrian wrote:I’m complaining because I thought the penalty count was really weighted in favour of the Welsh. It irritated me and this is an opion  forum (last time I checked) I believe England could/should have won by more.

There was no question that May grounded the ball, you are setting up straw men if you suggest otherwise.  Laugh

At the end of the day let’s all agree that the better team won and leave it at that eh?  kiss

Perhaps that was because England gave away more penalties? Sometimes you just have to admit that rather than ref-moan. I feel Wales had a slight edge at the breakdown and lineout, but some would rather blame the ref for that it sees. An opinion forum it is, but if you're having a moan someone else might give you their opinion on that Smile.

Well have you watched the replay? I didn't see footage where it was grounded. I feel it's a bit of a moot point though.

The better team won, no disagreement about that from me. And I'm not sure if Ireland are good enough to win at Twickeham yet either.

The issue is not the balance of penalties. Wales were generally well disciplined and I don't have a problem with England conceding more. I do have a problem with England getting pinged for things Welsh players were doing and not getting pinged for.

Look- the breakdown is a nightmare. But please tell me why Nowell was pinged when he went off his feet at a ruck, and then at the end of the 2nd half you have Robshaw competing for the ball and Navidi (and someone else) just dive straight over the ruck.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Sat 10 Feb 2018, 9:54 pm

C’mon guys stop the bickering, England won but wales were the better/smarter team and you unearthed some players who have shown they can play at this level.

TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sat 10 Feb 2018, 9:55 pm

By the way, that's the first time England have been beaten in the second half under Jones.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Sat 10 Feb 2018, 9:58 pm

Beaten and made to look foolish. Underhill deserves a medal for that tackle.
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 10 Feb 2018, 10:01 pm

Mikey, tonigts the first time I've been drunk in 2 months yet you continue to think you know best. The arrogance is astounding, anyone would think you are english

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Sat 10 Feb 2018, 10:02 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:

My whole point was Wales were getting the rub of the green, but still beaten, I see that as a positive from an English point of view. Under Lancaster we would probably have lost. My point was the only ‘ref -moan’ as you put it on the official coverage was from a Welsh POV. But life is good, this is an opion forum and you are wrong (imo life moves on. Good luck for the next game, hopefully you won’t be fighting to avoid the wooden spoon come the end. Hug
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Exiledinborders Sat 10 Feb 2018, 10:04 pm

I suggest you learn to count.

Wales were denied a try but did get a penalty from which they scored. Let's be very generous and assume they would have converted from the touchline. That would be seven points instead of three. They still lose by two points.

Exiledinborders

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Sat 10 Feb 2018, 10:21 pm

Exiledinborders wrote:
I suggest you learn to count.

Wales were denied a try but did get a penalty from which they scored.  Let's be very generous and assume they would have converted from the touchline. That would be seven points instead of three. They still lose by two points.
but but ..momentum  and what about the penalty kick that was missed! I can see a moral victory there somewhere..

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Sat 10 Feb 2018, 10:28 pm

Missed the first half as I was on the way home from the Swans game. Not a classic, far too many errors. I don't think either coach will be happy their teams coughed it up in the oppos 22. Great defence by England in the 2nd to stop a rejuvenated Wales side who were superb breaking out but like Eng, not a lot of composure. Horrible conditions. As for the TMO controversy....there given and they're not. Move on
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sat 10 Feb 2018, 10:34 pm

I might be wrong, but is the win today not , not 3 out of 3 for England rugby against Wales this week end?

The under 20,s Woman's 6ns and the mans 6ns....Seem like England are just better than Wales.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Sat 10 Feb 2018, 10:36 pm

I have read elsewhere that there is another camera angle (maybe from a grassy knoll) that shows Watson getting there first. I think its tough to give it either way. I don't think it is a robbery to have dissallowed it.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Sat 10 Feb 2018, 10:39 pm

majesticimperialman wrote:I might be wrong, but is the win today not , not 3 out of 3 for England rugby against Wales this week end?

The under 20,s Woman's 6ns and the mans 6ns....Seem like England are just better than Wales.

England women won 52-0 and some of the tries are fantastic. From what I understand of the U20's it was also a comfortable win.

This game wasn't

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sat 10 Feb 2018, 10:49 pm

I dont think there was much to dispute regarding the Welsh try. It was a try. Anscombe got there first marginally and there was downward pressure. A try all day.

If the TMO had called a Welsh knock on it would have been a poor decision. But Im pretty sure he called that Watson had got to it first? Thats just plain daft. Big call to get wrong, especially in the context of a close game.

The officials were poor all game though, albeit the breakdown was a mess. I dont think they were deliberately avouring one team or another. I just thing they officiate the game poorly for both sides.

I wasnt at the game, but the atmosphere from watching at home seemed pretty flat and was punctuated by missed infractions, inconsistend reffing, errors etc and culminated in the bizzare MOTM award to Brown when clearly Farrell was the obvious choice. England will struggle if hes either not there or has a bad game.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Sat 10 Feb 2018, 10:51 pm

We all know camera angles lie, just look at the 2007 rwc final! Cueto scores s good try.

Today was our turn to have a bit of luck from the TMO.
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Sat 10 Feb 2018, 10:51 pm

Fuzzy Dunlop wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:

Ouch - how did I get dragged into this?

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Sat 10 Feb 2018, 11:12 pm

End of the world on Wales online!

Digs at the TMO, Mike Brown and Eddie.

It's just a game guys........
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sat 10 Feb 2018, 11:17 pm

I will never complain about someone having a dig at Mike Brown. What a tw@t.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Sat 10 Feb 2018, 11:18 pm

catchweight wrote:I will never complain about someone having a dig at Mike Brown. What a tw@t.

Based on what evidence?

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 10 Feb 2018, 11:20 pm

Cumbrian wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:

My whole point was Wales were getting the rub of the green, but still beaten, I see that as a positive from an English point of view. Under Lancaster we would probably have lost.  My point was the only ‘ref -moan’ as you put it on the official coverage was from a Welsh POV. But life is good, this is an opion forum and you are wrong (imo life moves on. Good luck for the next game, hopefully you won’t be fighting to avoid the wooden spoon come the end. Hug

That certainly wasn't your point. They were just the decisions, not everyone agrees with the ref, not everyone agrees with TMO.... I don't pipe up if I'm in danger of being wrong, which is why I am always right thumbsup.

You can't be serious if you think this Wales team is wooden spoon potential? They're more than likely 2nd or 3rd place potential. If we beat Ireland and England lose to Ireland or France then Wales can rack up the points against Italy and be in with a shot at the title. As we have some players to reintroduce by round 3 and the new boyo's playing so well, I think we have a good chance of getting a win in Dublin - if Ireland play Schmidtball then Gatland usually trumps it with Gatlandball. All supposition for now of course, but it's highly more plausible than being in with a chance of said object.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sat 10 Feb 2018, 11:46 pm

A lot of anti-Irishism going around here in this England v Wales thread! I mean suggesting me might lose a game? That's needlessly offensive stuff. I may have to call a mod if it keeps up Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 11 Feb 2018, 12:09 am

lostinwales wrote:
catchweight wrote:I will never complain about someone having a dig at Mike Brown. What a tw@t.

Based on what evidence?

I guess he's referring to his unsportsman-like behaviour in most international matches.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sun 11 Feb 2018, 12:21 am

The try not given was definitely a try, the TMO, a kiwi I believe...huge mistake.

Wales did enough to win but didn’t take their chances, and England did. The first May try was brilliant, with May timing his run on a prefect kick well. The second was a good pass pressure situation, taken well.

But other than that Wales fluffed some good chances besides the try they did get...the underhill tackle killed an otherwise certain try, and twice as Wales ran the ball into the 22 they kicked away possession, one...the 6 after a storming run decides to chip for himself...nooooooo...bad move.

The other, a chip ten yards from the try line goes out over the line. Both should have gone to ground and applied pressure from there.

The thing that should concern England is why they can’t get their backline flowing with ball in hand. They didn’t really get going till Italy were stuffed late in the match and here they didn’t threaten at all, Wales created more, but just weren’t patient enough when it counted.

And Mike Browns a clown, makes me laugh when he mouths off. I mean...scared!

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Sun 11 Feb 2018, 1:33 am

mikey_dragon wrote:
lostinwales wrote:

Based on what evidence?

I guess he's referring to his unsportsman-like behaviour in most international matches.

or his tantrums.

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun 11 Feb 2018, 2:01 am

At a guess, based on their comments on eg Brown, most people on this forum have never been part of a rugby club, or hated at least one team mate
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 18 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next