The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 17/18

+51
Cumbrian
TightHEAD
demosthenes
Brendan
Cyril
LeinsterFan4life
TheMildlyFranticLlama
Pete330v2
EWT Spoons
Recwatcher16
awayandbileyerheid
whocares
stub
rodders
SecretFly
marty2086
RiscaGame
Hazel Sapling
SirBurger
VinceWLB
HongKongCherry
stnick88
No 7&1/2
Rugby Fan
nathan
thebandwagonsociety
Heaf
BigGee
lostinwales
The Great Aukster
WELL-PAST-IT
carpet baboon
englishborn
Fluxy
geoff999rugby
BamBam
Bathite
Welly
formerly known as Sam
Sgt_Pooly
Geordie
yappysnap
George Carlin
LondonTiger
munkian
mckay1402
Margin_Walker
king_carlos
propdavid_london
toml
mikey_dragon
55 posters

Page 15 of 19 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 17/18 - Page 15 Empty Silly Season Transfer Rumours 17/18

Post by George Carlin Thu 05 Apr 2018, 5:42 pm

First topic message reminder :

Rumours are that I want to move to another company because my boss is an @rse.

And there's something to those rumours, I can assure you.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 17/18 - Page 15 Empty Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 17/18

Post by king_carlos Wed 12 Dec 2018, 6:35 pm

George Carlin wrote:
LondonTiger wrote:journeyman

noun

1. A worker or sports player who is reliable but not outstanding.
I think that there is also a full page picture of Kyle Traynor next to that entry.

The thinking mans Paul Doran-Jones.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 17/18 - Page 15 Empty Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 17/18

Post by LeinsterFan4life Wed 12 Dec 2018, 7:07 pm

LondonTiger wrote:
George Carlin wrote:Noel Reid is a very good player and I wouldn't thumb my nose at him (not saying that anyone is) because there's a huge amount of competition at every level and in every position at Leinster.

I know that Leinster are much better than us with many better players than we have. However good Reid is, he is what their 3rd choice FH. He will be much better than Joe Ford, but even so we are still talking about a pretty low budget backup player for us. Now maybe he will come, and prove me wrong, but turning 29 this season and reports suggesting he is moving for a payday does not fill me with confidence. I would rather we used our development squad and academy players to warm the bench than bring in yet another foreign player who has never been more than a backup player so far - even if it is in the strongest team in the NH.
I don't think Reid will come in and improve Leicester dramatically or even at all, however he did just shock me and many other Leinster fans with a brilliant performance away from home last weekend against Bath. Btw he's only been playing 10 this season due to Carberry leaving for Munster, he's always been a 12 for Leinster and only used as emergency cover elsewhere.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Wed 12 Dec 2018, 8:16 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/dec/12/leicester-mani-tuilagi-passion-cash-rugby

I think Manu will sign for another season with his eye on the RWC. That's the first I've heard of the club openly speaking of him being out of contract though.

Tigers can't compete with Toulon on money but they can compete with other Prem sides given that Manu can't be signed as a marquee player.

I hope he stays, gets a pack worth playing behind and some other centres he can hopefully rotate with.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Wed 12 Dec 2018, 8:38 pm

https://www.therugbypaper.co.uk/domestic-club-rugby-union/31486/danny-cares-future-at-harlequins-thrown-deeper-into-uncertainty-as-club-pursues-argentina-star/

Argentina scrum-half Martin Landajo to Quins with Danny Care potentially leaving according to Fissler.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 12 Dec 2018, 8:54 pm

I wouldn't mind Reid coming in. If he's more of a 12 than a 10 that's not much of a problem as our development player is more of a 10 then a 12 (by his own admission). Other than Hardwick the next Tigers academy flyhalf of note is not 18 until next month. Our development 12s are in a similar position with Worth a likely replacement for utility man Tait in the squad. A two or three year deal would see us catch the end of the peak of Reid's abilities and as his contract comes to an end he should be being overtaken by the academy lads hitting their 20s.

This summer I expect the majority of Tait, Owen, Smith, Joe Ford and Charlie Thacker. Maybe Thompstone as well. Owolofela is already in the first team squad regularly and Worth and Hardwick will come in to more regular roles. We're going to need a signing or two (maybe retain Smith for one more season if he doesn't retire). A cheapish option like Reid to play a couple of positions should be a decent start.

TheMildlyFranticLlama wrote:
George Carlin wrote:
LondonTiger wrote:journeyman

noun

1. A worker or sports player who is reliable but not outstanding.
I think that there is also a full page picture of Kyle Traynor next to that entry.

Headscratch the definition said reliable

Kyle Traynor reliably finds the reverse gear at scrum time.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 13 Dec 2018, 12:46 am

Gustard to Dragons to work as an assistant to Jim Mallinder is another rumour I heard.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Thu 13 Dec 2018, 12:50 am

Haha. Quality.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 13 Dec 2018, 9:45 am

Increasing noise on Daly to Saracens rumour. While he has another year on his contract apparently there is a break clause that allows him to leave should training facilities not have been developed (they have not). Not sure whether a transfer fee would still be applicable in these circumstances. Some suggestions that he may take a reduced salary at Sarries, while the Barnet club have confirmed they will need a 3/4 with Bosch and Strettle retiring.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Thu 13 Dec 2018, 10:17 am

LondonTiger wrote:Increasing noise on Daly to Saracens rumour. While he has another year on his contract apparently there is a break clause that allows him to leave should training facilities not have been developed (they have not). Not sure whether a transfer fee would still be applicable in these circumstances. Some suggestions that he may take a reduced salary at Sarries, while the Barnet club have confirmed they will need a 3/4 with Bosch and Strettle retiring.

That would be why Wasps made an announced plans for a new centre of excellence

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 13 Dec 2018, 10:33 am

Aye, but plans not good enough to prevent release clause. They have yet to submit the planning application.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 13 Dec 2018, 11:48 am

Seems a quite ridiculous clause to have included in a contract with one of your star players

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 13 Dec 2018, 11:56 am

BamBam wrote:Seems a quite ridiculous clause to have included in a contract with one of your star players

I think it was put into all of them, as many were not keen on moving to Coventry with some goddawful training facilities.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Thu 13 Dec 2018, 12:20 pm

LondonTiger wrote:Increasing noise on Daly to Saracens rumour. While he has another year on his contract apparently there is a break clause that allows him to leave should training facilities not have been developed (they have not). Not sure whether a transfer fee would still be applicable in these circumstances. Some suggestions that he may take a reduced salary at Sarries, while the Barnet club have confirmed they will need a 3/4 with Bosch and Strettle retiring.

A friend of mine at work, who is involved with Sarries on match days and is quite in the know, assures me that Sarries never pay top dollar for any player and often much less than other clubs.

They rely on their reputation to attract players and also offer a bewildering array of perks, school fees, cars, holidays, crèche facilities, which don't count towards the salary cap, as further incentives.

There may well be some truth in that.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu 13 Dec 2018, 12:24 pm

marty2086 wrote:

That would be why Wasps made an announced plans for a new centre of excellence

They'll need one to replace Daly if he goes

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Dec 2018, 12:58 pm

BigGee wrote:

They rely on their reputation to attract players and also offer a bewildering array of perks, school fees, cars, holidays, crèche facilities, which don't count towards the salary cap, as further incentives.

Amounts that are Included

Salary, wage, fee, remuneration etc.
Bonus (match, win, year-end etc.)
National insurance
Loan (not paid back in full before end of SCY loan was made).
Child support / maintenance /school fees
Accommodation or holiday cost
Pension (incl. annuities)
Image Rights payments
Payment in connection with promotional, media or endorsement work
Payment for off-field activities for or on behalf of club
Signing on fee, transfer payment, relocation allowance or payment linked to transfer
Accommodation, holidays, cars, match tickets (other than 4 per match), clothing (other than training kit, official club blazers and other club wear), travel, membership fees, food and drink (other than at matches and training)
Payment in kind a player would not have received were not for his involvement with a Club
Redundancy/Compromise etc.
Agent Fees plus VAT & NI
Any 3rd Party & Connected Party (e.g. sponsor) payment unless demonstrated separate

Those are the regs, and I for one cannot imagine Saracens ever breaking the rules Whistle

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Fri 14 Dec 2018, 9:26 am

Not sure if they still do it, but they used to get round the free cars by having them plastered with the club and sponsors name. Was always quite funny seeing the guys filling up at a petrol station I used in a former job.

And back to Wasps. Suggestions that Bath want to sign Will Stuart. Added to Cooper-Woolley apparently heading to Sale and their depth at TH looks light for next season.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by SirBurger Mon 17 Dec 2018, 8:17 pm

Paddy Jackson to London Irish.

SirBurger

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Fri 21 Dec 2018, 3:26 pm

Apparently Callum Green to tigers.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Sat 22 Dec 2018, 12:46 am

Welly wrote: Apparently Callum Green to tigers.

Exactly what Tigers need, a lock who does his basics well.

Too many of the current forwards sum up the phrase 'all fart no poop'.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 22 Dec 2018, 4:32 am

Be quite surprised with that one as he's probably the first name on the team sheet for us.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sat 22 Dec 2018, 2:54 pm

Sounds like an agent using the Tigers name to apply pressure to negotiations.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Sun 23 Dec 2018, 10:49 am

TRP
Chick in talks with Saints and Tigers
Vailanu a target for Wasps to replace Hughes
Creevy too pricey for Quins
Bristol looking for Wingers
Ibitoye staying at Quins.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Sun 23 Dec 2018, 3:38 pm

Chick to Saints or Tigers would be odd IMO. Both are clubs with plenty of flanker/number 8s but no stand out 8s. He's a good player but not sure either clubs would be the right move for him.

Tigers apparently looking at Varndell as injury dispensation for Veainu. I'd be happy with that personally. The guy scores tries.

Leonardo Sarto turned out for Bristol United (Brizz's A-team) so I'm guessing that's the winger in question.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Mon 24 Dec 2018, 3:45 pm

Rumours that Charlie Walker might be leaving Quins for Tigers with immediate effect as injury dispensation. I wonder if Walker and Varndell could fit into the injury dispensation cap? I've no idea how that system works frankly.

Brendon O'Connor (to Japan apparently), Mike Fitzgerald and Mike Williams rumoured to be on the way out of Tigers at the end of the season.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Mon 24 Dec 2018, 7:29 pm

Fitzgerald and Williams heading out would make room for Chick to come in.

BOC heading out would be a bit of a loss but not a massive one. Evans and Reffell are coming through and BOC tends to get injured a lot. We'll still have Thompson so it would free up some cap to spend elsewhere.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Tue 25 Dec 2018, 8:33 pm

Walker is a potentially very good Prem wing, just needs a run of games and to work on his defence. Good cover though and shows he's slipped down the order at Quins.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 27 Dec 2018, 9:57 am

No way Dean will let Green go. First name on the team sheet

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu 27 Dec 2018, 10:33 am

GeordieFalcon wrote:No way Dean will let Green go. First name on the team sheet

I'm sure we're interested and I'm sure Green's agent will play up to that interest in order to secure a better deal.

Rumours are we're losing up to three second row options so we will be in the market for a couple of options. Cameron Jordan and the freakish George Martin are on the way through so should be getting little bits of game time as well next season.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 27 Dec 2018, 10:35 am

I see Elliott Daly is still being linked with Saracens..and Nathan Hughes is all but confirmed to Bristol.

And Le Roux apparently on his way also.
Wasps losing a few players.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 27 Dec 2018, 10:40 am

Whos George Martin, Sam...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu 27 Dec 2018, 11:37 am

https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/familiar-faces-follow-fortunes-of-young-guns

There's a picture of him there with Fritz van Heerden whilst some of the Tigers lads were touring SA with the England under 18s. I think he's still 17 in that picture and he's already the biggest bloke in the picture. Fairly mobile and decent hands as well. If he develops as expected then he should be one hell of a player.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 27 Dec 2018, 11:40 am

GeordieFalcon wrote:Whos George Martin, Sam...

17 year old second row who played for England U18s at 16. Not 18 until June.

Was about 6ft 4 last season and could develop really nicely.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu 27 Dec 2018, 11:58 am

LondonTiger wrote:
GeordieFalcon wrote:Whos George Martin, Sam...

17 year old second row who played for England U18s at 16. Not 18 until June.

Was about 6ft 4 last season and could develop really nicely.

He looks to have grown a couple of inches since then. Looked like a senior player dropped into the academy league in the highlights from this season.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 27 Dec 2018, 12:18 pm

As he turned 17 after the season ended plenty of time for growth. There is a lot of buzz about him. Probably too young for next season, though Sarries threw Isiekwe in at a young age. With at least two if not all of Kitch. Fitz and Williams likely to leave we will be down to bare bones in n second row. While Green is a solid player, we need better than that if we are to challenge the upper reaches of the table.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 27 Dec 2018, 12:23 pm

LondonTiger wrote:As he turned 17 after the season ended plenty of time for growth. There is a lot of buzz about him. Probably too young for next season, though Sarries threw Isiekwe in at a young age. With at least two if not all of Kitch. Fitz and Williams likely to leave we will be down to bare bones in n second row. While Green is a solid player, we need better than that if we are to challenge the upper reaches of the table.

Id say he's quite a bit more than solid. One of the best lineout locks in the league, grafter, right in the mix of the aggro stuff...he's like Slater and Louis Deacon.

Is young Wells going to be decent?

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Thu 27 Dec 2018, 4:22 pm

Agreed on Green, GF. I'd take him over all Tigers locks bar Spencer.

If Goneva, Davey Wilson, Hardie and Flood go then Deano will have some cash to throw around. He might have his eye on a few players.

Wells is already 25, GF. He came through the academy, spent a lot of time developing with Bedford and has taken his chances now. He will never be an international but is developing into a very solid Prem lock. He's exactly the sort of squad player that Tigers have failed to develop in recent years, hence why the fans like him a lot.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 27 Dec 2018, 5:26 pm

Wells will be a decent player, but probably no more. As KC says he is no longer young. He is bigger and quicker than Green and is a good back up option if your team is looking to make knockout stages of tournaments. Or of course a good option for teams struggling to avoid relegation Smile

Kitch to Exeter one rumour I heard today.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Thu 27 Dec 2018, 5:32 pm

LondonTiger wrote:Kitch to Exeter one rumour I heard today.

I could see that being true. His line-out work combined with that maul would be a serious weapon.

I'm always conflicted on Kitchener. He's such a talent and perfectly built to be a brute of a line-out lock but has stalled at Tigers. That could be a lack of forward coaching or simply Kitch not throwing his weight around enough. Either way I think a move would do him good and Tigers need cap freed up to finally improve recruitment.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu 27 Dec 2018, 6:47 pm

Kitchener will do well in a set piece orientated team. He's had so many niggling injuries he just hasn't found his best form and it can't have been easy with the problems we've had. Clean slate all round might be the best option.

Williams hasn't produced enough in the last 18 months and his go to move this season seems to be step out the line and then get stepped leave the opposition with a clean break to the line. Fitzgerald is too lightweight to play lock and a decent but not good enough 6 (for a side aiming for the top 4, like we should be).

Green is a Tigers style second row, abrasive and good at the core jobs. I'd feel confident with him and Wells in the squad that we had two locks ready to pair with Spencer and A N Other unit. Jordan and Martin can gain experience in the prem cup and the A league.

I'm hoping the du Preez twins to Tigers rumour is going to happen, probably unlikely but that would be exactly the kind of mobile physicality we need.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Fri 28 Dec 2018, 1:27 pm

Tigers have signed Leonardo Sarto as injury dispensation until the end of the season.

With Veainu, Tait, Smith and now Thompstone out long term it sounds like there will be more injury cover coming in. Expect that Walker and/or Varndell aren't off the table.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Wed 02 Jan 2019, 9:27 am

Varndell also back at Tigers

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff999rugby Thu 03 Jan 2019, 9:39 am

Ultan Dillane to Racing

geoff999rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Thu 03 Jan 2019, 11:31 am

Jaco Taute ----> Tigers

I'd be happy with that as a Tigers fan. We need depth in the outside backs and another strong ball carrying option in the centres.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Thu 03 Jan 2019, 11:50 am

king_carlos wrote:Jaco Taute ----> Tigers

I'd be happy with that as a Tigers fan. We need depth in the outside backs and another strong ball carrying option in the centres.

A similar player to Manu. very big and powerful and gets injured a lot!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Thu 03 Jan 2019, 12:04 pm

geoff999rugby wrote:Ultan Dillane to Racing

Surprised Racing want to sign him given how he doesn't seem to be the same player he was a few years ago or is this one for the RWC when they need decent players to cover players being away?

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu 03 Jan 2019, 12:39 pm

BigGee wrote:
king_carlos wrote:Jaco Taute ----> Tigers

A similar player to Manu. very big and powerful and gets injured a lot!

All our players get injured a lot, he'll fit right in.

Plays centre and fullback, big lad with decent footballing skills. Not international quality but good squad player. Would suit us nicely.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff999rugby Thu 03 Jan 2019, 8:11 pm

marty2086 wrote:

Surprised Racing want to sign him given how he doesn't seem to be the same player he was a few years ago or is this one for the RWC when they need decent players to cover players being away?

There been reported family issues which he has, if rumours are believed, put behind him.
Also born and live his early years in Paris so would, to an extent, be familiar with the place
Maybe just feels he needs a fresh start and that with Ryan, Henderson, Toner and Bierne he isn't going to get a look in with Ireland

geoff999rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Thu 03 Jan 2019, 9:16 pm

geoff999rugby wrote:
marty2086 wrote:

There been reported family issues which he has, if rumours are believed, put behind him.
Also born and live his early years in Paris so would, to an extent, be familiar with the place
Maybe just feels he needs a fresh start and that with Ryan, Henderson, Toner and Bierne he isn't going to get a look in with Ireland

He has plenty of competition at Connacht too, would be a shame to see him leave though. Could be a shrewd signing if you're right about his issues being behind him and he can fulfil his potential

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 03 Jan 2019, 9:55 pm

Apparently Glen Young our Scottish lock is off to Quins next season.

And still rumours about Calum Green to Tigers....

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri 04 Jan 2019, 10:55 am

GeordieFalcon wrote:Apparently Glen Young our Scottish lock is off to Quins next season.

And still rumours about Calum Green to Tigers....

Bring him home. We let you have McGuigan back.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 19 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next