The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Culture Cup v3 - The Last Round - Celebrity Dinner Parties (oooooooo)

+3
JuliusHMarx
Pal Joey
Dolphin Ziggler
7 posters

Go down

Which Five Guests Would You Invite to Your Fantasy Dinner Party (fitting the criteria, you animals)

Culture Cup v3 - The Last Round - Celebrity Dinner Parties (oooooooo) Vote_lcap13%Culture Cup v3 - The Last Round - Celebrity Dinner Parties (oooooooo) Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 4 ]
Culture Cup v3 - The Last Round - Celebrity Dinner Parties (oooooooo) Vote_lcap13%Culture Cup v3 - The Last Round - Celebrity Dinner Parties (oooooooo) Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 4 ]
Culture Cup v3 - The Last Round - Celebrity Dinner Parties (oooooooo) Vote_lcap6%Culture Cup v3 - The Last Round - Celebrity Dinner Parties (oooooooo) Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]
Culture Cup v3 - The Last Round - Celebrity Dinner Parties (oooooooo) Vote_lcap3%Culture Cup v3 - The Last Round - Celebrity Dinner Parties (oooooooo) Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
Culture Cup v3 - The Last Round - Celebrity Dinner Parties (oooooooo) Vote_lcap6%Culture Cup v3 - The Last Round - Celebrity Dinner Parties (oooooooo) Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]
Culture Cup v3 - The Last Round - Celebrity Dinner Parties (oooooooo) Vote_lcap16%Culture Cup v3 - The Last Round - Celebrity Dinner Parties (oooooooo) Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 5 ]
Culture Cup v3 - The Last Round - Celebrity Dinner Parties (oooooooo) Vote_lcap3%Culture Cup v3 - The Last Round - Celebrity Dinner Parties (oooooooo) Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]
Culture Cup v3 - The Last Round - Celebrity Dinner Parties (oooooooo) Vote_lcap19%Culture Cup v3 - The Last Round - Celebrity Dinner Parties (oooooooo) Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 6 ]
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 32

Poll closed

Culture Cup v3 - The Last Round - Celebrity Dinner Parties (oooooooo) Empty Culture Cup v3 - The Last Round - Celebrity Dinner Parties (oooooooo)

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 16 May 2018, 2:31 pm

Last orders, please! Something about the bar closing. No more time to drink, go fight or f*** someone. That's the two options, this is Brexit Britain, don't cha know?! After a long resting period, caused by Galted requesting CC business go on hiatus whilst he "finds himself" in America, we are finally going to show our final.

The contestants (every single one of them) were asked to pick one of those "dinner party" fantasies. They had five guests, and had to fill those slots within the following categories.

1. Sportsperson
2. Musician
3. Actor (which includes actresses)
4. Fictional TV or film character
5. Anyone who is not one of the above (I will accept comedians/presenters etc who have done some acting).

I was complimented on my topic choice at least once, heckled multiple times and refused entry to one party due to a sensitive guest. Interestingly, it is believed that said person had me down as "fictional."

There are certain layers to a few picks (photoshoots making sports stars, Google required for Cliff if you never watched that show)

Further note, one person gave me a list of alive guests and a dead guests as separate parties. I went with their alive ones. Here is the set of "Dead Ones":

1. Don Bradman
2. Jimi Hendrix
3. Marilyn Monroe
4. Thelma & Louise
5. Alfred Hitchcock

Last edited by Dolphin Ziggler on Thu 07 Jun 2018, 4:22 pm; edited 9 times in total

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Culture Cup v3 - The Last Round - Celebrity Dinner Parties (oooooooo) Empty Re: Culture Cup v3 - The Last Round - Celebrity Dinner Parties (oooooooo)

Post by Pal Joey Wed 16 May 2018, 5:48 pm

I think that was me with the Dead List.
Please pass the pepper, Jimi! .....(long pause)..... Ahh don't worry man, I'll get it myself.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Culture Cup v3 - The Last Round - Celebrity Dinner Parties (oooooooo) Empty Re: Culture Cup v3 - The Last Round - Celebrity Dinner Parties (oooooooo)

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 17 May 2018, 3:50 am

Why for the sake of f**k would anyone want to dine with Diego Maradona, the cheating, drug-fuelled w**ker?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 17 May 2018, 5:10 am

For the fun of it.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 17 May 2018, 7:42 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:Why for the sake of f**k would anyone want to dine with Diego Maradona, the cheating, drug-fuelled w**ker?

Haven't you got Galted down as a guest?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 17 May 2018, 7:48 am

superflyweight wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:Why for the sake of f**k would anyone want to dine with Diego Maradona, the cheating, drug-fuelled w**ker?

Haven't you got Galted down as a guest?  

Yes, but Galted isn't a cheat.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 17 May 2018, 8:58 am

You've got to hand it to Maradona though. What he lacks in height he makes up with sublime dining skills.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 17 May 2018, 9:09 am

I've heard he always brings a good bottle too.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 17 May 2018, 10:43 am

I went 2 druggies, 2 rapists & a dictator

Would be a fun evening Laugh

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 17 May 2018, 10:48 am

The character of Dr Huxtable though was never into the raping, unless that was an episode of The Cosby Show that had quite the dark turn?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 17 May 2018, 10:54 am

Seems a lot of people don't want any ladies at the dinner table.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 17 May 2018, 6:09 pm

I voted for the group which included myself and the Karl Pilkington group. Really touched that someone/Julius would host me and I can assure them/him that I always take a bottle of wine with me and have a poo before I leave the house (mine), and never overstay my welcome. I would particularly like to ask Sugar Kane what it's like being a character played by Marilyn Monroe and to ask Julius and Groucho whether they're related as I've always suspected this.

With hindsight, in my own nomination, I would swap my sportsperson for that fine exponent of tennis and long-distance athletics, Julius H Marx, even if he is still between clubs.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 18 May 2018, 8:22 am

Added a new entry

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 21 May 2018, 3:18 am

Looks like no-one except Galted and myself wish to spend time in Galted's company. Frankly, I'm not surprised.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 21 May 2018, 3:32 am

I'd like to spend time with Galted at a celebrity dinner but unfortunately it's against the rules.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 21 May 2018, 11:27 am

I think the rules may have relaxed now that Jeff and Tino are no longer here to invent them and SerialDAVE to enforce them.

Perhaps this round should be restarted so that everyone has a chance to dine with me, though I'd probably vote for someone else now as I've got a bit sick of my company since I've been on holiday.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 21 May 2018, 11:33 am

What bottle would you bring to the dinner party Galted?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 21 May 2018, 12:06 pm

Hero wrote:What bottle would you bring to the dinner party Galted?

Loreal Elvive

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 21 May 2018, 1:20 pm

It would be of a value greater than £10 and less than £20. I can afford to be a modest wine purchaser as I am such a sophisticated dresser.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 29 May 2018, 6:19 pm

Bobby Moore, David Bowie, Tom Hanks, Dwight Schrute, Karl Pilkington19% 19% [ 6 ]

Muhammad Ali, Tupac Shakur, Samuel L Jackson, Homer Simpson, Pablo Escobar16% 16% [ 5 ]

George Best, Keith Moon, Charlie Sheen, Barney Stinson, Hugh Hefner13% 13% [ 4 ]
Kylie Minogue, Kylie Minogue, Kylie Minogue, Charlene from Neighbours, Jeremy Bentham's preserved corpse13% 13% [ 4 ]

Diego Maradona, Keith Richards, Naomi Campbell, Seven of Nine, Melania Trump6% 6% [ 2 ]
Diego Maradona, Sid Vicious, Audrey Hepburn, Marge Gunderson, Jack the Ripper6% 6% [ 2 ]
CM Punk, Alex Lifeson of Rush, Rik Mayall, Rick Sanchez, Dara O’Briain6% 6% [ 2 ]
Daley Thompson, Prince, Groucho Marx, Sugar Kane (Marilyn Monroe in Some Like It Hot), Galted6% 6% [ 2 ]
George Best, Kurt Cobain, Oliver Stone, Tyrion Lannister, Richard Pryor6% 6% [ 2 ]

Bobby Robson, Mozart, Alan Rickman, Rick Sanchez (Rick and Morty), Ranulph Fiennes3% 3% [ 1 ]
Diego Maradona, Amy Winehouse, Harvey Weinstein, Dr Heathcliff "Cliff" Huxtable, Kim Jong Un3% 3% [ 1 ]
Kevin Pietersen, Carlos Santana, Dame Judy Dench, Dr Cox, Neil Gaiman3% 3% [ 1 ]

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down