The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England's Indian Summer - T20s, ODIs & Tests

+25
msp83
CaledonianCraig
Luke
sirfredperry
compelling and rich
The Great Aukster
Afro
robbo277
Jetty
LivinginItaly
James100
jimbohammers
eirebilly
wisden
Nathaniel Jacobs
Dolphin Ziggler
guildfordbat
alfie
Good Golly I'm Olly
subhranshu.kumar.5
KP_fan
JDizzle
Gooseberry
Duty281
LondonTiger
29 posters

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

England's Indian Summer - T20s, ODIs & Tests - Page 9 Empty England's Indian Summer - T20s, ODIs & Tests

Post by LondonTiger Tue 03 Jul 2018, 11:09 am

First topic message reminder :

T20s

A three match series between the 2nd (India) and 4th ranked teams in the world https://www.icc-cricket.com/rankings/mens/team-rankings/t20i

Fixtures

Tuesday 3rd July 2018 17:30
Emirates Old Trafford, Manchester

Friday 6th July 2018 17:30
Sophia Gardens Cardiff, Cardiff

Sunday 8th July 2018 14:00
The Brightside Ground, Bristol

Squads

England: Morgan, Ali, Bairstow, Ball, Buttler, Curran S, Curran T, Hales, Jordan, Plunkett, Rashid, Root, Roy, Willey (Malan in as cover for 1st game, Stokes may join for 3rd)

India: Kohli, Chahal, Chahar, Dhawan, Dhoni, Karthik, Kaul, Kuldeep Yadav, Kumar, Pandey, HH Pandya, KH Pandya, Rahul, Raina, Sharma UT Yadav

Key Men

Jos Buttler - move up the order during IPL has given him much more time to have an impact. While only ranked 26 in ICC rankings, this will improve now he opens.
Alex Hales - Formerly top ranked batter in T20s, has dropped a bit (to 7) and finds his place in the England side under threat.
Rashid/Ali - Englands spinners have thrived in the one day format, but will find the Indian batting lineup a tough test.

Virat Kohli - probably the best batsmen in the world across all 3 forms of the game. Some injury issues recently.
Chahal/Kuldeep Yadav - India look like going with two wrist spinners. England often struggle to score quickly against good spin.

ODIs

Fixtures

Another 3 match series between the the top two ranked sides in the world.  Both teams will be wanting to lay down a marker before next year's world cup.

Thursday 12th July 2018 12:30
Trent Bridge, Nottingham

Saturday 14th July 2018 11:00
Lord's, London

Tuesday 17th July 2018 12:30
Emerald Headingley, Leeds

Squads

England - Eoin Morgan (capt), Moeen Ali, Jonny Bairstow, Jake Ball, Jos Buttler, Alex Hales, Liam Plunkett, Adil Rashid, Joe Root, Jason Roy, Ben Stokes, David Willey, Mark Wood.

Test Series

A form of cricket in which the visitors have been much better than the hosts. The series goes deep into September as India seek to avenge the series defeat in 2014. In a manner we have become used to seeing from touring teams around the world, that series India capitulated in the final 3 tests  having won the second test to take a 1-0 lead. India however look strong enough this time out to put pressure on a faltering home test team.

Fixtures

Wednesday 1st August 2018 11:00
Edgbaston, Birmingham

Thursday 9th August 2018 11:00
Lord's, London

Saturday 18th August 2018 11:00
Trent Bridge, Nottingham

Thursday 30th August 2018 11:00
Ageas Bowl, Southampton

Friday 7th September 2018 11:00
Kia Oval, London

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

England's Indian Summer - T20s, ODIs & Tests - Page 9 Empty Re: England's Indian Summer - T20s, ODIs & Tests

Post by alfie Thu 02 Aug 2018, 2:17 pm

They're certainly working Jimmy hard...if he can get Kohli it mightn't matter if he's too weary to bowl another spell. But if Kohli weathers this spell they might regret it later.

Karthik not staying long...Stokes on fire Yahoo

100/5. Beautiful delivery.

alfie

Back to top Go down

England's Indian Summer - T20s, ODIs & Tests - Page 9 Empty Re: England's Indian Summer - T20s, ODIs & Tests

Post by LondonTiger Thu 02 Aug 2018, 2:18 pm

And 100 test wickets for Stokes

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 02 Aug 2018, 2:19 pm

Karthik there showing why everyone with eyes (including our Indian contingent) wanted Pant to play ahead of him
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Thu 02 Aug 2018, 2:20 pm

100 wickets for Stokes...and so nearly another ! Edging low... Pandya really struggling to keep him out..

And got him ! Dar gives this one...

No ! Good heavens ...hawk eye says missing ?  Could have fooled me...

Relief for India .

Last edited by alfie on Thu 02 Aug 2018, 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Thu 02 Aug 2018, 2:22 pm

England right on top now. India 100 for 5 and thought they had a sixth there. India rocking.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 02 Aug 2018, 2:22 pm

Oh, not out. Looked good in real time.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 02 Aug 2018, 2:23 pm

I thought that was plumb
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Thu 02 Aug 2018, 2:23 pm

Mr Dar really can't get anything right today Smile

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 02 Aug 2018, 2:24 pm

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:I thought that was plumb

Ditto! Strange half hour.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Jacobs Thu 02 Aug 2018, 2:24 pm

Pandya lucky to survive

Nathaniel Jacobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Jacobs Thu 02 Aug 2018, 2:25 pm

Since Rahane wicket all dot balls

Nathaniel Jacobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 02 Aug 2018, 2:26 pm

Absolute chaos as Kohli is dropped. A sitter. A dolly. A 99 in every 100 chance.

Oh my word. Hardik dropped the very next ball. A sitter. A dolly. A 99 in every 100 chance.

Last edited by Duty281 on Thu 02 Aug 2018, 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Jacobs Thu 02 Aug 2018, 2:26 pm

Kohli dropped again

Nathaniel Jacobs

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Thu 02 Aug 2018, 2:26 pm

Wow two catches dropped in two balls. Kohli and Pandaya get lives.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 02 Aug 2018, 2:26 pm

Bloody slips - CATCH THE BALL

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Thu 02 Aug 2018, 2:27 pm

Kohli dropped by Malan !  Simple low catch...big moment ?

Poor Anderson . He's worked Kohli over and really should have had his man...

And now Cook drops Pandya ! 

English slip fielding is in a bad way lately...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 02 Aug 2018, 2:27 pm

Duty281 wrote:Absolute chaos as Kohli is dropped. A sitter. A dolly. A 99 in every 100 chance.

Absolute nonsense from England in the slips again. Malan should be dropped for that drop of Kohli alone and Cook has completely lost it in the slips
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Jacobs Thu 02 Aug 2018, 2:27 pm

Pathetic

Nathaniel Jacobs

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 02 Aug 2018, 2:29 pm

Stokes is on fire atm

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 02 Aug 2018, 2:31 pm

Should have been 100-7 and England in a position to dominate the game, now Kohli and Pandya get another life with Anderson/Stokes ending their spells.

England only have themselves to blame if they lose this test - should have got 350+ with the bat, and now these drops
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gooseberry Thu 02 Aug 2018, 2:34 pm

Well drops aside England are very much in the box seat thanks to Stokes being fired up. Couldve/shouldve been a lot better but I think this shows that 287 wasnt such a bad total after all.
Whilst Khloi is still in and both all rounders could do a job plus some big sloggers down the bottom its hard to see how India are going to get a lead now.

Gooseberry

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Thu 02 Aug 2018, 2:46 pm

England have been dropping a lot of slip catches recently.  Have to wonder if the fact that they seem not to have a settled cordon is contributing.  Does anyone know why Root has taken himself out of slips ?

Leaving aside that , still in a strong position.  Both batsmen on the defensive ; ball doing a bit.  Still Ashwin after these two , of course , so work to do.  But if you'd offered Root this score at the midpoint of the day he'd have snapped your hand off...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Thu 02 Aug 2018, 2:48 pm

Its the test season and I am getting back here after quite some time.
The bowlers did a fine job of recovery, but the Indian batting proving to be a liability yet again. All the stupid talk of intent, dropped Pujara in line with that, and here they are. Struggling to stay alive in the game mid-way into the 2nd day.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Thu 02 Aug 2018, 2:55 pm

Admirable spirit of cricket from England, to ensure test cricket stays healthy, they are doing everything possible to make the game a bit of a competition. Arrmanaged a fine little collapse with the bat, and turned drop-catches into an art form to try and get Kohli somehow going.
Virat is struggling big time though, and Hardik, well he's playing like Hardik, no sense of permanency whatsoever. 150 looks difficult from here on.
They managed to keep Cook quiet in the first innings but he usually use India as his get-back-to-form side. Root would also been in a frame of mind to finally get that hundred against his favorit attack. And after this pathetic show from the batting unit, the bowling is likely to give up, just like they did in the last 2 tours. Seems its going to be yet another long long test series.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu 02 Aug 2018, 2:59 pm

msp83 wrote:Its the test season and I am getting back here after quite some time.
The bowlers did a fine job of recovery, but the Indian batting proving to be a liability yet again. All the stupid talk of intent, dropped Pujara in line with that, and here they are. Struggling to stay alive in the game mid-way into the 2nd day.

A warm welcome back, msp. I had hoped you were lurking in the shadows.

Btw, don't expect me to be so polite once you start singing the praises of Rashid. Wink

To be fair to those (or is just Kohli?!) who pick India's team, Pujara has been in very poor form over here for Yorkshire.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 02 Aug 2018, 3:02 pm

It's early in the series, very early, but we may have already seen the best ball of the series (Ashwin yesterday) and the best passage of play (the crazy first hour of today's afternoon session).

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu 02 Aug 2018, 3:05 pm

alfie wrote:England have been dropping a lot of slip catches recently.  Have to wonder if the fact that they seem not to have a settled cordon is contributing.  Does anyone know why Root has taken himself out of slips ?

Leaving aside that , still in a strong position.  Both batsmen on the defensive ; ball doing a bit.  Still Ashwin after these two , of course , so work to do.  But if you'd offered Root this score at the midpoint of the day he'd have snapped your hand off...

Hi Alfie - possibly a captaincy thing. I've seen it in the county game where some newly appointed skippers move out of their usual place in the slips seeming to prefer their own company and thinking space.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by subhranshu.kumar.5 Thu 02 Aug 2018, 3:12 pm

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:Karthik there showing why everyone with eyes (including our Indian contingent) wanted Pant to play ahead of him

Here In India, I find people saying Karthick deserves a chance. I know none of them have ever followed his first class batting. All the favours coming because of his show down in the penultimate over of the Nidhahas trophy final. No doubt people try to justify the selection in longer format based on the performance in the shorter format.

On the contrary Pant is a promising batsman who can go on with the team with couple of years ahead and his batting technique is quite sound. Every one wants a WK who can bat well down the order. I see stints of Gilchrist in Pant. Hope he plays the next game.
subhranshu.kumar.5
subhranshu.kumar.5

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Thu 02 Aug 2018, 3:16 pm

Good to see you back , msp thumbsup

Guess you're right , guildford ...but I do think Root ha a good pair of hands and should be in at second slip most of the time.

India fighting back in this part- session but it still looks like hard work , especially for Hardik.  If those two catches had been taken this innings might be over by now ; but the longer these two hang in the more chance Ashwin and the tail have of getting the score up to England's ...good contest this.

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 02 Aug 2018, 3:20 pm

Dropped on 21, now it's settling down and Kohli is up to 46*.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 02 Aug 2018, 3:20 pm

Broad really not bowling well here at all
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by subhranshu.kumar.5 Thu 02 Aug 2018, 3:20 pm

Duty281 wrote:It's early in the series, very early, but we may have already seen the best ball of the series (Ashwin yesterday) and the best passage of play (the crazy first hour of today's afternoon session).

It's a long series man, and we will experience many more like that. Jimmy will come with his lethal swinging deliveries. Now you have got another armour in the form of Curran.

As an Indian fan, I am very disappointed today with the batting show put up by our batsmen. The Nepotism wonder showed his excellent batting qualities when bowl started swinging and was the quickest to depart. Rahul and Rahane have disappointed a lot. Again the team is dependent on the best batsman of present day cricket.

Changes required for the next test match. Pujara in for Dhawan.
subhranshu.kumar.5
subhranshu.kumar.5

Back to top Go down

Post by subhranshu.kumar.5 Thu 02 Aug 2018, 3:23 pm

India has reached half way down. I was very hopeful that India will score somewhere near 390, but now I think they will be fortunate if they take reach 230. England has a good chance to cheer their fans after some bad series with Pakistan and NZ.
subhranshu.kumar.5
subhranshu.kumar.5

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Thu 02 Aug 2018, 3:32 pm

Kohli has been patient and determined  - and looks rather more comfortable now that he's not having to face Anderson. That spell in which he was practically strokeless - and should have been gone - may 
turn out to have been crucial to the destination of this match.  Nearly fifty put on now by this pair and the Indian skipper may yet turn survival into a match winning innings.
England have to stay steady and trust a chance will come...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 02 Aug 2018, 3:34 pm

Terrible review. Dar gets one right.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Thu 02 Aug 2018, 3:35 pm

Panda lbw ?   Surely the review won't save him this time ?

No way : that's stone dead . In truth he was very fortunate to have survived this long.

Sam with the break again clap

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by subhranshu.kumar.5 Thu 02 Aug 2018, 3:35 pm

That was really an unplayable delivery. Pandya is on the way back. India will be wrapped by 190 now.
subhranshu.kumar.5
subhranshu.kumar.5

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Thu 02 Aug 2018, 3:35 pm

Curran strikes again for his fourth wicket trapping Pandya lbw. Reviewed but the decision stands. India 148 for 6.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Thu 02 Aug 2018, 3:36 pm

This must be quite a rarity. Six wickets taken by seamers on home soil and not one of them to Broad or Anderson.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Thu 02 Aug 2018, 3:38 pm

Kohli has survived multiple scares to reach his first 50 in England and then is dropped again. Stokes misses out and Malan drops again.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 02 Aug 2018, 3:38 pm

Kohli dropped again by Malan. This was a tough one, however.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Thu 02 Aug 2018, 3:39 pm

You have to wonder why on earth Hardik wasted the referral on that ? 

A touch of the Watsons  Smile 

Fifty for Kohli clap   Rarely has he had to battle so hard for one...

And he's dropped again ! Malan the culprit ...bit harder this time ....actually not at all easy but Stokes will feel cursed...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by subhranshu.kumar.5 Thu 02 Aug 2018, 3:39 pm

Another drop in the slip. Please! Please! Please! don't put the hardwork of your bowlers in vain. It was a bit difficult though.
subhranshu.kumar.5
subhranshu.kumar.5

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 02 Aug 2018, 3:40 pm

STOP DROPPING KOHLI YOU BLITHERING IDIOTS
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 02 Aug 2018, 3:41 pm

Can Pope field in the slips?

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 02 Aug 2018, 3:41 pm

alfie wrote:You have to wonder why on earth Hardik wasted the referral on that ? 

Baffling. He reviewed it nearly instantaneously, so I assumed he must have hit it.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 02 Aug 2018, 3:44 pm

Brilliant session of cricket. Incredible to think 'only' three wickets fell.

Kohli hanging in there, just.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Thu 02 Aug 2018, 3:44 pm

Curran's really having a fine game indeed. Pandya gone to a fine delivery. Did put his head down for the 22 he made, not a lot of that intent or natural game nonsense, but unfortunately for Pandya and India, got done in by a very fine ball.
Ravichandran Ashwin had a good start to the test with the ball, he has saved India in some similar situations with the bat, can he do that and help the side the lead to under 100?
Will still be a handy lead by the look of things, and England pretty much in charge.
And England continues to try and make a contest out of this by dropping yet another!

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 02 Aug 2018, 3:50 pm

Sam Curran is apparently the youngest English bowler to take a 4-for in tests since Bill Voce in 1930
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Thu 02 Aug 2018, 3:54 pm

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote: STOP DROPPING KOHLI YOU BLITHERING IDIOTS
 Easy , Olly 
Smile

I'm sure they're not doing it on purpose. In fairness to Malan that was a tough one.  A pity they've chosen to give extra lives to Kohli of all people .

Let us hope they are due to catch the next ten straight...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next