The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Summerslam Results

+2
Dr Gregory House MD
Fernando
6 posters

Go down

Summerslam Results  Empty Summerslam Results

Post by Fernando Mon 20 Aug 2018, 4:04 am

• Andrade Almas & Zelina Vega def Rusev & Lana
  • Cedric Alexander def Drew Gulak to retain the Cruiserweight Title
  • The B Team def The Revival to retain Raw Tag Titles
  • Seth Rollins def Dolph Ziggler to win the IC Title
  • The New Day def Bludgeon Brothers via DQ 
  • Braun Strowman def Kevin Owens in about 3 minutes to retain the MITB Briefcase
  • Charlotte def Becky & Carmella to win the SD Women's Title - Becky attacked Charlotte post match to massive cheers 
  • Samoa Joe def AJ Styles via DQ - Joe cut a promo to AJ's wife pre-match and during the match "AJ's not coming home but ill be your new daddy" to make AJ snap with a chair
  • The Miz def Daniel Bryan with some brass knucks
  • Demon Finn Balor def Constable Corbin
  • Brie comforted an angry D Bryan in the lockeroom
  • Shinsuke Nakamura def Jeff Hardy to retain the US Title
  • Ronda Rousey def Alexa Bliss to win the Raw Women's Title
  • Braun appears Pre-Match to announce he's coming for whoever wins immediately 
  • Brock launched Roman at Braun
  • Brock took out Braun
  • Roman Reigns def Brock Lesnar to win the Universal Title

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Summerslam Results  Empty Re: Summerslam Results

Post by Fernando Mon 20 Aug 2018, 4:26 am

Show is over Summerslam Results  3559488474

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon 20 Aug 2018, 8:49 am

Credit to WWE for overbooking Joe v Styles far worse than Vince Russo ever did

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Mon 20 Aug 2018, 11:27 am

Have to disagree with you this time house...thought the Styles & Joe match was done very well. Far to often WWE go for a DQ finish with no real reason and in the process cheapen the whole match...case in point earlier in the night with the Bludgeon Brothers....

In this case it felt the right way to go and builds further intrigue to the storyline for me.

Think we all know the move of the night and it came in a great match between Ziggler and Rollins....another cheap and meaningless title run to add to Dolphs resume but im guessing Ambrose vs Rollins means a little more with the title on the line. Question now is where does Drew go from here....too early to break them up isn't it?

May be in the minority and unpopular with this thought but Miz vs Bryan did absolutely nothing for me. Slow paced...predictable and not worth the wait in the slightest. Bryan looks like he's missing a step and more so when he's working a slow methodical match. There were times the psychological battle played out well but most of the time it was just to OTT. Speaking of which...man that scene with Brie was cringe inducing. Goes to show the difference between an organic underdog and an underdog which is written by WWE. I feel very little sympathy and sorrow for Bryan and even his whole coming back from injury (a genuine one at that) is losing its appeal to me.

The Rousey match was a dud.....you'd hope by now she may have learned a couple of new moves. She still has that legitimacy about her and the aggression plays out well....though I do hope they lose the whole talking throughout the match...that did nothing. Nattie heel turn has to be tonight surely....Alexa was blitzed to the point a rematch makes no sense at all.

Kevin Owens must have rubbed someone up the wrong way....his downwards spiral has been brutal. Speaking of people who must be feeling low....Becky Lynch can't catch a break. Thought last night was the time to put the strap on her. Was obvious the crowd did too. Of course the flip side is we now get a feud between the two...that being said I have my doubts she will come out of that the winner. Charlotte is to the women's division that which Reigns is to the men's.

And that brings onto the main event....man they tangle themselves in Poopie decisions. Let's just say...I'm glad they finally pulled the trigger on the Reigns win. It was 4 months too late but least they did. That said, what a terrible way to have him go over. For years Brock has been built as an unstoppable force and instead of having someone go toe to toe you give them the cheap win through distraction. Man those writers might well be the most overpayed people in sports.

Braun vs Reigns next then and while I am sure it will be a great feud it's another case of seen it before. Certainly doesn't scream fresh title scene that's for sure.

Show was a solid B but much like many other PPV's these days it was a case of ...could have been so much more.

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Mon 20 Aug 2018, 12:11 pm

Does Seth have a big match where he doesn’t sell a knee at some point?

Glad they didn’t do the Dean heel turn this evening – its too soon

KO?? Dafuq??

No one can blame Becky for that… she will still be the heel and job out to Charlotte for a few months to pad out until Champ v Champ against Ronda

Styles Clash on Samoa Joe is a holy Poopie moment… while I get the WWE Champ ending, so many of the Naka matches had false finishes. Joe needs to win next time out and AJ chase the title

Wonderful wrestling convention: turning over a Figure 4 leg lock “reverses the pressure”

I literally called brass knuckles!!! I am so happy!!

Bliss’ double joints came in handy… where do they go from here?...

Universal Champ match started interesting. Didn’t go to long. Fine. Can we move on now?

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 20 Aug 2018, 1:41 pm

Fine show. Didn’t mind the AJ/Joe booking at all (I think you may have missed the Russo era, House!)

Lesnar matches are as ever an art in not making Lesnar work matches.

Becky had the moment of the night

Not sure there were any particularly good matches. Nothing too awful. Good story development show

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon 20 Aug 2018, 2:49 pm

I’ll be honest I haven’t watched the show and probably won’t, it was intended as a joke more than a criticism, fair play if it worked but I don’t recall a Joe/Styles match that wasn’t treated with the utmost respect in TNA, that was one of the few things they usually got right when they did it

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Mon 20 Aug 2018, 3:11 pm

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:I’ll be honest I haven’t watched the show and probably won’t, it was intended as a joke more than a criticism, fair play if it worked but I don’t recall a Joe/Styles match that wasn’t treated with the utmost respect in TNA, that was one of the few things they usually got right when they did it

For me it worked as a set up to why they should fight in Hell in a Cell and would have been fine were it not for: a) another DQ match not 30 mins before and b) the level of guff finishes between AJ and Nakamura

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon 20 Aug 2018, 3:24 pm

JoshSansom wrote:
Dr Gregory House MD wrote:I’ll be honest I haven’t watched the show and probably won’t, it was intended as a joke more than a criticism, fair play if it worked but I don’t recall a Joe/Styles match that wasn’t treated with the utmost respect in TNA, that was one of the few things they usually got right when they did it

For me it worked as a set up to why they should fight in Hell in a Cell and would have been fine were it not for: a) another DQ match not 30 mins before and b) the level of guff finishes between AJ and Nakamura

Are you saying this result was a kick in the balls? drumroll

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon 20 Aug 2018, 4:14 pm

Despite some questionable roads, I think WWE got to all the destinations they wanted. Old stories tied up and new ones started.

Far from the excellent show NXT put on the night before, and certainly wasnt a classic, but I cant say it was a bad show.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 20 Aug 2018, 5:04 pm

Twas a very good show with a very poor ending cos none of them come out the ending positively.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Mon 20 Aug 2018, 6:38 pm

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:
JoshSansom wrote:

Are you saying this result was a kick in the balls? drumroll

With comedy like that you could be the Styles' kids new daddy

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Mon 20 Aug 2018, 6:40 pm

Fernando wrote:Twas a very good show with a very poor ending cos none of them come out the ending positively.

Braun in particular got totally Poopie on. Looked like a total doofus who got wrecked with ease by Brock and wasn't able to follow through on his boast

Basically he was just there to ensure the crowd thought there was something more to come so they didn't crap on Roman until they realised, at which point the broadcast was off air and they got the reaction they were looking for

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 21 Aug 2018, 11:12 am

To be fair, Braun got hit by an object he couldn't see coming (a flying Samoan) and then F5'd - I think he was pretty well protected.

The problem with the match was, of course, that Lesnar doesn't do good wrestling matches any longer.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Tue 21 Aug 2018, 4:21 pm

I don't have an issue with Lesnar not wrestling good matches anymore to be frank....for the last two years he was never sold as a wrestler....he was a fighter...he got in the ring to hurt and decimate people not put on classics. It always perplexed me as to why anyone thought anything else of him. As long as what he did in the ring looked legit and looked like something a guy who was their to fight would do I was ok with it.

In that regard i think that's where they went wrong with the Reigns handover....it should always have been sold as Roman having to go outside of just wrestling. It should have been played out like two guys going to war...one holding company hostage the other guy going to a place he hasn't had to before...to actually fight to rip the title away. Think people would have bought into it more and it would have given legitimacy to Reigns coming out on top. Instead he got a cheap distraction pin. Does nothing for him bar make people think he never had it in him to beat Brock in a straight up contest.

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 21 Aug 2018, 6:02 pm

There's a way to do that in an entertaining manner, and Lesnar's run for a long time hasn't had him being vicious yet entertaining. They are lazy matches now. The Roman match at Mania, the first one, was brutal and a fight yet very good. For the most part, he has been dull.

If you can't portray him as entertaining but a fighter, and he's also never around, what is his value? If I don't wanna watch him, don't care when he's around and don't get a World Title on the show, he is a flop. He's been a problem for a long time.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down