The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which Brit most likely to unify their division?

+10
Sugar Boy Sweetie
eddyfightfan
mckay1402
Dinamita
Daz
HumanWindmill
manos de piedra
Rowley
Union Cane
Seanusarrilius
14 posters

Go down

Which Brit most likely to unify their division?

Which Brit most likely to unify their division? Vote_lcap17%Which Brit most likely to unify their division? Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 6 ]
Which Brit most likely to unify their division? Vote_lcap26%Which Brit most likely to unify their division? Vote_rcap 26% 
[ 9 ]
Which Brit most likely to unify their division? Vote_lcap40%Which Brit most likely to unify their division? Vote_rcap 40% 
[ 14 ]
Which Brit most likely to unify their division? Vote_lcap9%Which Brit most likely to unify their division? Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 3 ]
Which Brit most likely to unify their division? Vote_lcap8%Which Brit most likely to unify their division? Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 3 ]
Which Brit most likely to unify their division? Vote_lcap0%Which Brit most likely to unify their division? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 35

Poll closed

Which Brit most likely to unify their division? Empty Which Brit most likely to unify their division?

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:50 pm

David Haye
Carl Froch
Amir Khan
Ricky Burns (Sorry)
Nathan Cleverley
None

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Which Brit most likely to unify their division? Empty Re: Which Brit most likely to unify their division?

Post by Union Cane Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:57 pm

Haye - Unlikely even if he beats Wlad, retirement is looming. Or is it?

Froch - Facing Ward next, would he then go after Bute and Steiglitz? He's said his future is at LH after the S6.

Khan - Should beat Judah, then just Bradley in his way. The most likely I would say.

Burns - laughing

Clev - Hopkins, Cloud, er, no hope.

So Khan then.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Which Brit most likely to unify their division? Empty Re: Which Brit most likely to unify their division?

Post by Rowley Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:59 pm

Would probably go for Khan. Don't think he is the most talented of the guys by any stretch but think he perhaps has the easiest course. Do not see Haye beating Wlad so can't back him. Froch has only one belt and a tough fight with Ward to come, even if he comes through that tempting Bute into a ring anywhere other than in his back garden is not going to be easy.

As Khan already has a winnable unification fight lined up he has to start as favourite. Whilst I rate Bradley is simply the case I see this as more winnable than I see Haye with either of the brothers.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:03 pm

If you mean capture all 4 titles as opposed to establishing themselves as the man, then only Khan and Haye have a realistic shot. You could rule out the others straight away.

I would put Khan as the favourite as I think Judah and Bradley are easier prospects then Hayes task against the Klitschkos.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:04 pm

I'd say Khan, also, but I wish it would be Froch.

I have nothing whatsoever against Khan, for whom I have had great respect since he severed ties with Warren, but I just love Froch's attitude. He seems to be a real throwback to the days when guys were happy to test their mettle against all comers.

As others have said, though, it's a rocky road ahead of him if he is to accomplish it.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:40 pm

Haha! Someone voted for Ricky! For shame!

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by Dinamita Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:44 pm

Has to be Khan for me - not a reflection that he is the best boxer on the list - just that he has the easiest path (on paper) to unifying belts at this time.

Dinamita

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:48 pm

As you haven't put any time limit on it I will say Cleverley. I think over the next couple of years he's going to develop into a very good boxer. He's got the natural attributes and with a bit more experience will do well.
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:56 pm

think khan froch and haye all have a chance, cleverly maybe in a few years, and burns, as much as i like him, i very much doubt warren would ever try and get burns to unify the entire division.

would back money on khan and froch doing it. haye already has the road to unifaction pathed out in front of him, just needs to beat wlad and vitali, dont think he beats the latter, however, not completely ruling it out- and depending how he copes with wlad could well change my mind.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:51 pm

I mean multiple belts guys to clarify doesnt have to be all four because that would be almost impossible, but ring and two belts. So Froch v ward in that sense would do it as would haye v klit. you get my drift. dont take it too literalyl but you know what im saying...i hope

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:04 pm

its not going to be hard for khan, he's fighting for the IBF title, has the WBA and is more than likely going to be fighting bradley after that to unify.

i think wlad already has the ring belt (maybe wrong), so haye only has to win his next fight to qualify.

again for froch, he will have unified if he beats ward.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:07 pm

The one with the easiest opportunity is khan - Judah has been past it for years, khan should beat him and own the WBA and IBF straps. But I've voted haye because his fight with wlad is sooner and I fancy him to get the stoppage and unify. Ward will outpoint froch IMO.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:22 pm

None of them because boxing politics won't allow a unification...

sure Khan, Haye may pick up an extra slice but..unification....

can't see it.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:33 pm

ok, unify in sense of more than one belt and ring belt. I apreciate a actual unification is diff for non boxing reasons

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by WelshDevilRob Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:41 pm

Gone for David Haye. He is hugely talented fighter and I believe he beats Wlad and convincingly, the win will lead to a fight with Vitali. Haye will also beat Vitali.

Amir Khan is an accident waiting to happen and I view his fight with Zab Judah as a 50/50.

I can't see Carl Froch beating Andre Ward, Lucian Bute and probably Mikklel Kessler (fighting for WBO) to unify. Infact he doesn't beat any of that 3, he's simply not good enough.

Ricky Burns is in a weak division but Frank Warren seems happy lining up the easy defences. Unlikely to unify the 4 belts.

Nathan Clevely: Well, superb potential but with the joke WBO rankings and building the fanbase in Wales; warren will have him making defences for a few years.

WelshDevilRob

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:49 pm

WelshDevilRob wrote:Gone for David Haye. He is hugely talented fighter and I believe he beats Wlad and convincingly, the win will lead to a fight with Vitali. Haye will also beat Vitali.

Amir Khan is an accident waiting to happen and I view his fight with Zab Judah as a 50/50.

I can't see Carl Froch beating Andre Ward, Lucian Bute and probably Mikklel Kessler (fighting for WBO) to unify. Infact he doesn't beat any of that 3, he's simply not good enough.

Ricky Burns is in a weak division but Frank Warren seems happy lining up the easy defences. Unlikely to unify the 4 belts.

Nathan Clevely: Well, superb potential but with the joke WBO rankings and building the fanbase in Wales; warren will have him making defences for a few years.

you dont think Froch could even beat one of the other top 3 fighters in the division?? I think he beat Kess on home turf, it think Ward is obviously his most difficult task and he would beat Bute down the stretch as long as it wasnt in Canada,

Cleverley is potential and nothing more at the mo, he hasnt developed his boxing brain, gets hit far too easily and has almost no legit power at higherst level, he gets beaten by Dawson, Pascal, skooled by Bhop and maybe beats cloud at home. In a few years he might be better but lucky to be in a weak and Warren owned body like the WBO

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by WelshDevilRob Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:56 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:
WelshDevilRob wrote:Gone for David Haye. He is hugely talented fighter and I believe he beats Wlad and convincingly, the win will lead to a fight with Vitali. Haye will also beat Vitali.

you dont think Froch could even beat one of the other top 3 fighters in the division?? I think he beat Kess on home turf, it think Ward is obviously his most difficult task and he would beat Bute down the stretch as long as it wasnt in Canada,

Cleverley is potential and nothing more at the mo, he hasnt developed his boxing brain, gets hit far too easily and has almost no legit power at higherst level, he gets beaten by Dawson, Pascal, skooled by Bhop and maybe beats cloud at home. In a few years he might be better but lucky to be in a weak and Warren owned body like the WBO

Yep, I said Cleverly was Potential. Agree far too early to talk ablout Nathan interms of unifying. Ability there but he needs more experience.

On Froch. Having seen plenty of the other 3 fighters then No, Carl won't beat them. Kessler already won fairly, while Bute and Wards skills are higher than Carls.

Carl is good but lets not overrate the guy. His defense is shocking and he isn't as quick or skilful as he thinks he is.

WelshDevilRob

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:10 pm

i think your underselling him. He isnt as slow as people seem to think and he always makes a fight of it against anyone he faces. Kess fight he lost, i wont argue that, but i also think he would beat him in a rematch. Bute is completley untested against any decent foe in SM and Froch has fought 6 on the bounce. And Ward, well we will find out.

Re Clev, i think he quite a way off the top of his division. he shuldnt have a world title as he has fought no one of any worth but as is the way of boxing he is just another unworthy champ. Hoepfuly he can show he has what it takes, like to see him fight some better opposition over next year and then take on some of the yanks. But he couldnt beat any of them at the mo, except maybe Cloud at home

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by WelshDevilRob Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:24 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:i think your underselling him. He isnt as slow as people seem to think and he always makes a fight of it against anyone he faces. Kess fight he lost, i wont argue that, but i also think he would beat him in a rematch. Bute is completley untested against any decent foe in SM and Froch has fought 6 on the bounce. And Ward, well we will find out.

Re Clev, i think he quite a way off the top of his division. he shuldnt have a world title as he has fought no one of any worth but as is the way of boxing he is just another unworthy champ. Hoepfuly he can show he has what it takes, like to see him fight some better opposition over next year and then take on some of the yanks. But he couldnt beat any of them at the mo, except maybe Cloud at home

The way Kessler looked recently - he looks better than ever.
Bute is having a very easy run and something I've often criticised.

But, I understand that Brits want to overrate Brits but Froch isn't the one. He's simply not good enough. The inexperienced Dirrell highlighted the problems. Those problems haven't been addressed.

WelshDevilRob

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:39 pm

i think froch is proven to be talented, he has one of the best cv's out there, and i think he won against kessler personally, he has improved fastly since then and has shown the potential to be one of the best champions of our time.

haye again has the talent but seems to lack the desire to push for the vitali fight and i think he wont fight him before he retires.

the next year will be massive for khan. he already has had some great fights and shown massive skill, but also shown some worrying faults. his next few fights will be tough, but if he gets through them and if he can improve on the way, i think khan will catapulte himself to to the elite level.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by samevans1 Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:03 am

Froch's CV stands up against anyone in the sport over the past couple of years.

To say Bute, Ward and Kessler beat him easily at this stage is pretty wide of the mark if you ask me.

I make him 50-50 with Ward, a very strong favourite over Bute; who I think is one of the most over-rated fighters in the sport and 60-40 to defeat Kessler in any rematch; because I believe he has improved and learned since that defeat.

samevans1

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:46 am

i'm baffled by the Burns (sorry) thing to be honest, i mean the guy schooled a good champion, and hurt him many times in the fight, i'd give him a decent chance of unifying the SFW's

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:49 am

Gone for David Haye. He is hugely talented fighter and I believe he beats Wlad and convincingly, the win will lead to a fight with Vitali. Haye will also beat Vitali.

Froch would destroy Bute, who's that guy fought to be rated so well? he's a phoney, Froch would pick him off, he was tagged often by Brian Magee!, i'd favour Froch against Kessler in a rematch on british soil, and he has every chance against Ward, can't help but feel you have a bit against Froch with such baffling statements imo. Khan Judah isn't 50/50, it's an easy fight for Khan at this stage, Judah is shot to bits, Khan in 8-10 wouldn't be surprised if it was earlier, he was never that good anyway

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down