The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

India VS Australia 2018-19

+13
Duty281
Nathaniel Jacobs
Gooseberry
alfie
sirfredperry
Pal Joey
guildfordbat
msp83
VTR
wisden
JDizzle
Good Golly I'm Olly
subhranshu.kumar.5
17 posters

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

India VS Australia 2018-19 - Page 4 Empty India VS Australia 2018-19

Post by subhranshu.kumar.5 Wed 21 Nov 2018, 12:43 pm

First topic message reminder :

The only time India lifted the Border-Gavaskar trophy was in 2003-04 when the series was drawn 1-1. Many considers this is the best chance for India to lift the trophy with a win, as this Aussies side is the weakest one to have played against India. Let's see how the summer shower it's heat in Australia. The schedule are as follows

T-20 series:
Match 1 - 21 November - Brisbane
Match 2 - 23 November - Melbourne
Match 3 - 25 November - Sydney

Test Matches

1. Adelaide : 6-12-18 to 10-12-18
2. Perth : 14-12-2018 to 18-12-18
3. Melbourne : 26-12-18 to 30-12-18
4. Sydney : 03-01-19 to 07-01-19

ODI Series:

Match 1 - 12 Jan - Sydney
Match 2 - 15 Jan - Adelaide
Match 3 - 18 Jan - Melbourne

To be honest I am not happy with the scheduling. Indian team management thinks that T-20 or the ODIs are the best way to get acclimatised to the home conditions and they were proved wrong in the last two tours. Still they have only one practise game for preparations. Also if the nepotism wonder R. Sharma gets into the XI, I will support Australia to repeat 2011.
subhranshu.kumar.5
subhranshu.kumar.5

Back to top Go down

India VS Australia 2018-19 - Page 4 Empty Re: India VS Australia 2018-19

Post by msp83 Mon 10 Dec 2018, 8:59 pm

So as I did suspect, the Australian lower order gave India a mighty scare, but the for man bowling toiled away and eventually pulled their side along to a fine win.
And Guildford, this was what I was talking about possible draws, after UAE, possibly Australia now have some of the flatter tracks in test cricket, some of those are absolute roads where even these 2 lineups would be hard to shift.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Mon 10 Dec 2018, 9:08 pm

I did say up to the leadup to the series that the lower order batting is an area were Australia have a clear advantage. India don't have a number 9, And Bumrah isn't even a modern day number 11. Bhuvneshwar Kumar could be an ideal bet at 9, but unlike in South Africa or England or New Zealand, he can't be an automatic selection in this Indian bowling unit, he won't even be the first reserve, that has to be Umesh. Shami would be first name among seamers in India, and here again he showed his value, struck crucial blows even not bowling at his best, he's a wickettaker. Ishant is doing a pretty decent job, the no-balls apart. And Bumrah can't be dropped, he's the extra factor bowler who is fast emerging as the leader of the pack. The only way Bhuvi can come into the side is as the 4th seamer. That has to be at the expense of Wonderboy, or probably Ashwin if the track has nothing for the spinner. But that won't solve the lower order batting problem, 9, 10 and 11 would still be Ishant, Shami and Bumrah. So all that can be done is to tell Ishant to keep doing what he does with the bat as he does try to stay in support the batsma at the other end, tell Shami to take an over at least before the first slog. There is nothing at all that you can tell Jasprit though the guy considers himself the carrier and exclusive current representative of a rich tradition!

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by It Must Be Love Tue 11 Dec 2018, 5:51 am

From an Indian perspective, given the short break between tests and fatigue playing a role with only 4 bowlers:
Drop Vijay for Jadeja, Ashwin on the last day I felt got tired having to bowl so many overs.
I'd also have liked the option of one of the three Indian pace bowlers being dropped for a fresh Bhuvi who can bat quite well... but he is a slower swing bowler so doubt he's suited to the rumoured Perth conditions. Tough call.

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Tue 11 Dec 2018, 6:11 am

I saw Kohli's post match conference and I sense india will field the same 11

Rohit will get another game as will Vijay , even if Shaw is fit
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by It Must Be Love Tue 11 Dec 2018, 6:16 am

If I was Indian selector this would be my ideal plan in terms of rotation, but obviously you have to react to form during the matches too:

PerthRahul, Rohit, Pujara, Kohli, Rahane, Pant, Jadeja, Ashwin, Bhuvi, Sharma, Bumrah
MelbourneRahul, Shaw, Pujara, Kohli, Rahane, Vihari, Pant, Ashwin, Sharma, Yadav, Bumrah
SydneyRahul, Shaw, Pujara, Kohli, Rahane, Vihari, Pant, Jadeja, Ashwin, Shami, Bumrah

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Post by subhranshu.kumar.5 Tue 11 Dec 2018, 9:03 am

It Must Be Love wrote:If I was Indian selector this would be my ideal plan in terms of rotation, but obviously you have to react to form during the matches too:

PerthRahul, Rohit, Pujara, Kohli, Rahane, Pant, Jadeja, Ashwin, Bhuvi, Sharma, Bumrah
MelbourneRahul, Shaw, Pujara, Kohli, Rahane, Vihari, Pant, Ashwin, Sharma, Yadav, Bumrah
SydneyRahul, Shaw, Pujara, Kohli, Rahane, Vihari, Pant, Jadeja, Ashwin, Shami, Bumrah

In the Perth test Why do you think Shaw should not play and also WHY on earth do you think Vihari should sit on bench.
subhranshu.kumar.5
subhranshu.kumar.5

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Tue 11 Dec 2018, 5:25 pm

And why oh why should Rohit Sharma be allowed anywhere near a test side leave alone opening?
Why don't we get used to the fact? Rohit Sharma is a terrific limited overs player on flat tracks, and these days they play limited overs cricket on National Highways across the world, so lets give it, he's a fine limited overs player.
He is garbage in tests,doesn't have the temperament or technique to be a successful test player. We've had such players in the past, Ajay Jadeja was an ODI match-winner throughout the 90s, but he just couldn't crack test cricket despite a First Class average above 50. Michael Bevan was an alltime ODI great, and pretty average in tests. Leave test cricket alone, leave Rohit alone with his limited overs stuff.
But so long as Kohli is in charge and so long as the likes of Shastri are around, its never going to happen. He was dropped because it was proved yet again that he was crap at test cricket in South Africa, was then brought back to the test side without playing another FC game, just because he kept smashing it in ODIs. And a young Hanuma Vihari was dropped for Sharma despite grinding out a debut test half century in overseas conditions. Has Sharma ever scored a test 50 against Australia, England or South Africa away from home? And the likes of Sunil Gavaskar, who went flying off the handle when Karun Nair was ignored for Vihari has nothing to say when Rohit is inflicted on the game time and again for no cricketing reason whatsoever.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Tue 11 Dec 2018, 5:32 pm

Agree with KPF, Vijay has done just about enough to get one more opportunity even though Shaw may be available for Perth. Rahul too, might just have earned another opportunity with that 2nd innings unconverted start. I hope the management would take his more charitably, as he does have the test class. But the lad should reward that belief with substantive performances pretty soon.
KPF the other day mentioned he's become more Sehwag like than Dravid like. He should know that being Sehwag like in tests isn't easy. his natural game is based on the solid, but Rahul has the full range of shots, he should play those only after he builds a foundation for himself. He should give himself a chance to really play those amazing range of shots for long in an innings. Just when he gave himself just that little bit of time upfront, he played one of his better innings in the 2nd innings at Adelaide. Yes he wasted it of course, but that solid start made all the difference along with Pujara and the bolers as far as the eventual outcome was concerned.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by It Must Be Love Tue 11 Dec 2018, 7:34 pm

subhranshu.kumar.5 wrote:
It Must Be Love wrote:If I was Indian selector this would be my ideal plan in terms of rotation, but obviously you have to react to form during the matches too:

In the Perth test Why do you think Shaw should not play and also WHY on earth do you think Vihari should sit on bench.
Shaw should definitely play in Perth instead of Rohit Sharma if fit. However the reports are he only started light running yesterday, so I doubt he will be 100% for Friday.

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Post by It Must Be Love Tue 11 Dec 2018, 7:49 pm

In the recent away series vs SA, Eng, and 1st test of Aus:
Vijay average: 13 (12 innings)
Rohit average: 19 (6 innings)
Rahul average: 23 (16 innings)
Rahul's average seriously boosted by his fantastic 149 in the Oval Test, but that was a good track for batting. Rohit averaged more than Rahul on the tour of South Africa (both played 4 innings). 

I agree that Rohit is probably not cut out for Test Cricket, and should make way in the middle order for Vihari, but there's a fair argument for having him above Vijay as an opener until Shaw gets fit. Vijay's advantage is that he could stay in for longer and protect Pujara and Kohli vs new ball. Averaging 13 though, suggests otherwise.

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Wed 12 Dec 2018, 11:59 am

With Shaw injured , India must retain the existing opening pairing. Not ideal but Gavaskar and Sehwag are no longer available for selection Smile

If Rohit is to play it can only be at six. If Perth is really to be a fast bowlers dream (believe it when I see it ) the existing four bowler set up will do...if its flat drop Rohit for Jadaeja who will make just as many runs and improve the fielding too...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Gooseberry Wed 12 Dec 2018, 1:36 pm

I'm in agreement Alfie, except pretty much everyone would have Vihari (who can also offer some support bowling) ahead of Rohit.

In support of the openers Rahul and Vijay were both brilliant on the 2014 tour of Aus, they are capable of doing a good job in Australia. But both should also be under extreme pressure for their places after poor runs of form.

Gooseberry

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Wed 12 Dec 2018, 2:54 pm

Vihari, Jadeja or Boycott's granny, anyone but The Wonder!
Agree with Alfie and
gooseberry, would have Jadeja in for Rohit Sharma if the track is on the flatter side. As KPF already pointed out, Ashwin had a very heavy workload in the first test and it seemed to get to him just a touch by the end. Jadeja should offer similar control, adds value with the bat and on the field. If the wicket is fiery as wanted by Justin Langer, then Vihari for Sharma...

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Wed 12 Dec 2018, 2:57 pm

Shaw is a fine prospect. Not sure the expected fiery track at Perth is the place where he should come back in. Needs to spend some time in the nets after recovering, and Vijay and Rahul have just about earned themselves one more opportunity...
Rohit is a good limited overs opener, but he'll be Bumrah like as a test opener overseas, as Sunny Gavaskar put it, Bumrah is a one ball guest at the wicket when batting! Rohit might make it to 2 or at best 3 balls!!!

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Wed 12 Dec 2018, 2:59 pm

If India would need a makeshift opener if Shaw doesn't fully recover and Vijay and Rahul continue to struggle, then it has to be Parthiv Patel. But would leave the gloves with Pant though. Rishabh isn't the safest behind the stumps and there is a long way to go for him, but Parthiv has a terrible record with the gloves...

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Thu 13 Dec 2018, 4:36 am

Ashwin out due to a side-strain...which he obviously picked up during the test & this explains his lack of "Zipp" on the last day....his fitness levels are really not top-class

Thankfully its in a test where we will need the spinner least and we've gotta wait and see whether its Jadeja or bhuvi who come in his stead

And thanks to kind godly intervention...Rohit is injured and not in the squad of 13 either....so Vihari bound to play Very Happy

And Shaw's twisted ankle not healed either yet...and I always felt.....Vijay and Rahul, inspite of their weaknesses are our best openers.
India will have their best possible 11 due to circumstances OK

https://www.news18.com/cricketnext/news/india-vs-australia-ravindra-jadeja-replaces-injured-ravichandran-ashwin-in-13-man-squad-for-perth-test-rohit-sharma-also-ruled-out-1972049.html?ref=hp_top_pos_6
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Thu 13 Dec 2018, 10:02 am

--Bookies are putting Aus as slight favorites...returning 1.9 on win vs India's 2.5
I think its the other way round......and the bookies odds factor historical stats in addition to current form Rolling Eyes

--I am normally the one who believes winning the toss is a HUGE advantage...because I am a believer in bat-first-always
BUT if this is an excessively seaming / bouncy pitch then maybe its not so bad to let the opposition bat first
It might be a blessing in disguise to lose the toss actually and Paine puts us in Very Happy
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 13 Dec 2018, 10:39 am

KP_fan wrote:--Bookies are putting Aus as slight favorites...returning 1.9 on win vs India's 2.5
I think its the other way round......and the bookies odds factor historical stats in addition to current form Rolling Eyes

--I am normally the one who believes winning the toss is a HUGE advantage...because I am a believer in bat-first-always
BUT if this is an excessively seaming / bouncy pitch then maybe its not so bad to let the opposition bat first
It might be a blessing in disguise to lose the toss actually and Paine puts us in Very Happy

Agree. They are kidding themselves. Is that here or on a UK betting site, KPF?

I never pay much attention to the bookies here but it wouldn't surprise me if they're offering similar.
That's a bit odd to me if so. India should definitely be favourites.

You could be right about the toss situation. It might be lively early then settle down to a decent batting wicket. Apparently it's hard underneath.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 13 Dec 2018, 10:46 am

I do find it a bit amusing if the Aussies have prepared a green seamer - India have proven in South Africa and England this year that they more than compete on such wickets, and with their seam attack it probably actually suits them more than just preparing a usual Aussie hard wicket. The Ashwin injury might be a bit of a blessing in disguise if it allows Bhuvi to come in and bolster those seam bowling ranks...especially with Vihari look set to bat at 6 and offer some spin if needed (along with Vijay's extremely part time stuff!)

Should be another fascinating contest anyways
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Jacobs Thu 13 Dec 2018, 12:51 pm

Virat must be gutted his 'brother' Rohit is now 'injured'. Kohli bends over backwards to get his buddy into the side. Wouldn't surprise me if Rohit faked injury after seeing the pitch so green.

Nathaniel Jacobs

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Thu 13 Dec 2018, 2:09 pm

Nathaniel Jacobs wrote:Virat must be gutted his 'brother' Rohit is now 'injured'. Kohli bends over backwards to get his buddy into the side. Wouldn't surprise me if Rohit faked injury after seeing the pitch so green.
My first thoughts exactly!! I am positive that Rohit has faked his injury with Kohli's knowledge. They will waite for the next possible flatter track to inflict him on the test team yet again!!

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Thu 13 Dec 2018, 2:21 pm

If it was a team that had parttime options of the quality of Sachin Tendulkar in his bowling peak, Virender Sehwag or even Yuvraj Singh, I would have considered an all pace option. I would always prefer a spinner to be in there. Vihari is not much better than Vijay with the ball... Ashwin could have done alright here as the track is supposed to provide good bounce. I would certainly have Jadeja in there, but in place of Rohit Sharma. For Ashwin I actually prefer Umesh unless there is good chance of swing. Bhuvi is a great option in England, New Zealand and South Africa, not so much so in Australia. Umesh on the other hand, with his pace, should be far more suited. That would mean a lower order consisting of 3 number 10s and a number 12!
If they go in with Vihari, then I think they should go in with the more attacking bowling option of Umesh. I would have Jadeja at 6 and Bhuvi 8...
Yes they are playing in the new ground and not the historic WACA. But the WACA itself had become one of the flat pitches for some time, particularly from day 3. Monty Panesar had once taken a5for there right? India's historic 2008 win came on the back of some decent spin contributions, particularly a long spell from Virender Sehwag proved to be decisive on the last day...

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 13 Dec 2018, 2:39 pm

Think this is Australia's best chance of getting a win, but the 6/4 available on India is very beautiful indeed.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by sirfredperry Thu 13 Dec 2018, 6:21 pm

I have a feeling Aus will win this one, particularly if they bat first. 1-1 going to Melbourne should ensure some bumper crowds.

sirfredperry

Back to top Go down

Post by It Must Be Love Thu 13 Dec 2018, 6:53 pm

Bring in Jadeja and Bhuvi for injured Rohit and Ashwin!

Pitch looks very green!: http://a4.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=%2Fi%2Fcricket%2Fcricinfo%2F1168694_864x1296.jpg&w=1140&cquality=40 

Bhuvi will do well here even without his pace.

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Thu 13 Dec 2018, 7:53 pm

Nathaniel Jacobs wrote:Virat must be gutted his 'brother' Rohit is now 'injured'. Kohli bends over backwards to get his buddy into the side. .

Rumor is that Kohli tried to convince BCCI & ACB to postpone the test match by a few days until Rohit recuperated from his lower-back-injury Yahoo Yahoo
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by It Must Be Love Fri 14 Dec 2018, 2:16 am

Imo India have made a mistake playing with just 4 fast bowlers, they didn't have much of a rest and the conditions are very hot.

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Fri 14 Dec 2018, 2:27 am

It Must Be Love wrote:Imo India have made a mistake playing with just 4 fast bowlers, they didn't have much of a rest and the conditions are very hot.
and they chose the wrong 4 th seamer
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by It Must Be Love Fri 14 Dec 2018, 4:48 am

Australia steamrolling... what a poor decision to not play Bhuvi.

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Fri 14 Dec 2018, 7:47 am

Did wonder about picking Umesh rather than Bhuvi...leaves a very long and fragile tail.
But all these wickets since the opening stand was broken - maybe this won't be a very high scoring game ? Pitch seems to have developed some tricks since lunch...
Way to go even today : but Australia will be glad of that Finch/Harris start if batting gets progressively harder. If they can get up around 300 they'll be in a very good position. Even 250 may be useful.

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 14 Dec 2018, 8:11 am

Yeah I'd be backing Australia looking at that India XI - bunnies from 8 down is just ridiculous in this day and age - is Umesh even a better bowler than Bhuvi, before we take the batting into account?
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 14 Dec 2018, 8:18 am

Poor day's bowling from India. Australia should be able to get to the right side of 300 from here.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Fri 14 Dec 2018, 8:55 am

Head and Marsh taking Australia into a (potentially) strong position ...

Can still go wrong - new ball soon - but right now I think they're on course for an over- par first innings ; and with India batting looking like six and out that might be a winner...

But as I type Marsh gets himself out to the spinner picard

Not smart just before the new ball....

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Fri 14 Dec 2018, 9:01 am

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:Yeah I'd be backing Australia looking at that India XI - bunnies from 8 down is just ridiculous in this day and age - is Umesh even a better bowler than Bhuvi, before we take the batting into account?

He's faster ; but not as good , in my view. Think Bhuvi might have bowled quite well on this - and a bit of a contrast to the others might have been handy. Pace isn't everything. Think they might have got a little carried away with all the fire and brimstone talk...

This new ball session looking even more vital now Marsh has gone. I know the Aussie tail wagged in Adelaide ; but apart from Cummins I'm not sure I'd back the rest to add too many here if Head and Paine fell now.

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Fri 14 Dec 2018, 9:10 am

Good fifty for Head clap

A pity his bowling isn't a little more "Useful Change Test Standard "rather than " just for laughs/desperation/couple of overs to distract the batsman before interval or new ball" ... His batting at six is looking more reliable than M Marsh ; so if he were a serious fifth bowling option he'd be set for the medium term future... As it is he's making a good case for himself anyway.

250/5 ...new ball now ?

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Fri 14 Dec 2018, 9:21 am

That's what I get for talking the man up...Head holes out at third man throwing the bat at a wide one ! Playing positively I guess ...stiff to find the fielder , who didn't have to move ; but might he regret not just trying to get through these few overs tonight and come back in the morning ? He will if they lose a couple more tonight...

Good innings , though thumbsup

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 14 Dec 2018, 9:23 am

You've a real knack for talking out bats recently Alfie - are you Trebell in disguise?
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 14 Dec 2018, 9:30 am

Bad news for India here - Ishant looks to have pulled a stomach muscle, possible side strain. Would be a huge blow for this game
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Fri 14 Dec 2018, 9:56 am

Paine and Cummins take it to the close... 277/6 makes it Australia's day quite firmly.

Not calling it yet ; but I think the hosts will be confident of making it one all if they can bowl well...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Gooseberry Fri 14 Dec 2018, 10:23 am

alfie wrote:Good fifty for Head clap

A pity his bowling isn't a little more "Useful Change Test Standard "rather than " just for laughs/desperation/couple of overs to distract the batsman before interval or new ball" ... His batting at six is looking more reliable than M Marsh ; so if he were a serious fifth bowling option he'd be set for the medium term future... As it is he's making a good case for himself anyway.

250/5 ...new ball now ?

Same for Vihari though. India took a gamble on not picking a spinner and instead have had to bowl a lot of part time overs. If your best three seamers arent good enough is your fourth best likely to be?
Australia have picked their 4 best bowlers. Tomorrow will tell which was the best decision. Its a crazy world though where Australia are picking a spinner and India arent.

(If Ishant is injured though that really screws India either way theyd gone with the selections)

Gooseberry

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Fri 14 Dec 2018, 10:27 am

alfie wrote:Paine and Cummins take it to the close... 277/6 makes it Australia's day quite firmly.

Not calling it yet ; but I think the hosts will be confident of making it one all if they can bowl well...

Yep, go with that.

Ishant must be a concern for India too - not to mention my rapidly diminishing chances in Joey's competition! Smile

This is a vital match for the series. Assuming a positive result, massive difference going to the Boxing Day Test at 1-1 or 0-2.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Fri 14 Dec 2018, 10:37 am

Gooseberry wrote:
alfie wrote:Good fifty for Head clap

250/5 ...new ball now ?

Same for Vihari though. India took a gamble on not picking a spinner and instead have had to bowl a lot of part time overs. If your best three seamers arent good enough is your fourth best likely to be?
Australia have picked their 4 best bowlers. Tomorrow will tell which was the best decision. Its a crazy world though where Australia are picking  a spinner and India arent.

(If Ishant is injured though that really screws India either way theyd gone with the selections)

Although not sufficient to get Australia over the line last time out, it helps that 2 of those 4 - Cummins and Starc - are handy bats.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Fri 14 Dec 2018, 10:41 am

-It is customary for Kohli to screw up one test or two with selectorial gaffes in every overseas series
And if he hasn't dropped Pujara / Rahane, he drops a seamer in Lords....and now a spinner and then has part time spinner bowling on D1 within 2 hours of start
and has created a tail that starts with 5 down i.e No.7

--Believes his own frikking hype & gossip talk around the ground Kohli does.

--On the game itself.,...the India seamers were disorientated, didn't find the line, length for this pitch that is very bouncy but not ultra-seaming one
Then there was a sense a realization / regret at having gotten team wrong.....and ended up handing out session-1 completely to Aus and even though they pulled back....Aus is still 80-20 ahead in the game.

Only way back for India is to put the selectorial blunder out of their mind.... have a super first inning with bat......all 6 batters need to weigh in...Pant's gotta get a few and tail not give it away,
Easier said then done...more likely a 1-1 scoreline going into Melbourne
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by VTR Fri 14 Dec 2018, 4:04 pm

India aren't out of it. They need to get close to Australia's score and make it a one innings match. I'm not ruling that out if the top 5 can get going, there's some class in there. On the other hand, that tail is a worry and could see a promising position quickly fall away. I'm trying to decide if it's as bad as the Pakistan tail in their recent series with NZ. I'm defining the tail as 8 to 11

VTR

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Fri 14 Dec 2018, 7:19 pm

So Kohli-Shastri messed up, yet again! Pathetic selection. And with the natural variation significant on day one itself, the best spinner in the world who can make it count on such tracks is left out. There is no one better than Ravindra Jadeja when it comes to maximizing the impact of natural variation on the track, and of course The Brat decided to leave him out and the Yes Man said Yes to that of course! And then there is the task of dislodging the last 4 wickets... Bumrah looked the part for most of the day, but Ishant didn't hit the right spot enough, and Umesh was expensive under the circumstances. Shami was also some way from his best. Vihari took 2 wickets, one of them with a rather vicious delivery. That wicket itself indicated how badly were the Indians missing Jadeja.
Now it would take a superhuman effort with the bat to save this one, and that is even more difficult considering they don't bat from number 8 onwards, and that they will be batting last...

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Fri 14 Dec 2018, 7:20 pm

The icing on the cake for Kohli's stupid selection call will be Lyon taking out a handful tomorrow.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by It Must Be Love Sat 15 Dec 2018, 2:09 am

Very good article on India's horrific selection policy:
http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/25532276/removed-my-spinner

Does any other top team keep shooting themselves in the foot like this?

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Post by It Must Be Love Sat 15 Dec 2018, 2:12 am

Jadeja at the Oval:
4 wickets 1st innings 
86 not out 1st innings 
3 wickets 2nd innings 
13 runs 2nd innings 

So he was India's highest wicket taker in that test, and their 3rd highest run scorer.

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Post by It Must Be Love Sat 15 Dec 2018, 2:22 am

Bhuvi Kumar in the 2 tests he played in South Africa:

CAPE TOWN:
4 wickets 1st innings 
25 runs 1st innings 
2 wickets 2nd innings 
13 not out 1nd innings 

He was India's highest wicket taker, and 3rd highest run scorer.

Drooped for second test...

JOHANNESBURG:
30 runs 1st innings
3 wickets 1st innings
33 runs 2nd innings 
1 wicket 2nd innings 

He was India's 2nd highest run scorer in this Test behind Kohli, won MOTM for his all round performance. 

Why the hell is he not playing on this green Perth pitch, when India need a swing bowler and more depth in tail end batting?

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Post by subhranshu.kumar.5 Sat 15 Dec 2018, 8:24 am

Kohli is real king of batting. The only batsman that matches his class today is Kane Williamson. I am in love of his batting.
subhranshu.kumar.5
subhranshu.kumar.5

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next