The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SURREY VS NOTTINGHAMSHIRE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

+3
Good Golly I'm Olly
guildfordbat
jimbobgooner
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

SURREY VS NOTTINGHAMSHIRE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP - Page 2 Empty SURREY VS NOTTINGHAMSHIRE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by jimbobgooner Fri 12 Jul 2019, 3:49 pm

First topic message reminder :

Surrey have named a thirteen man squad for this weekend’s Specsavers County Championship game against Nottinghamshire at Trent Bridge.
Opener Mark Stoneman is missing for family reasons whilst off spinner Amar Virdi has been selected in a Championship squad for the first time this season. Shocked
Wicket keeper Ben Foakes and all-rounder Sam Curran are both missing from the squad due to England Lions commitments in the match against Australia A in Canterbury. Rolling Eyes
Gus Atkinson (back stress fracture) is a long term absentee while fellow seamers Conor McKerr (heel & hip) and Jade Dernbach (side) are working back to fitness. Ollie Pope, who is back in the nets, is continuing his journey back to full fitness after dislocating his shoulder back in April. Fingers Crossed
Batsman Arun Harinath joined Hampshire on loan last week, whilst Tom Curran, Liam Plunkett & Jason Roy are all still with England for the ICC Cricket World Cup.
Full Squad
Rory Burns (captain)
Gareth Batty
Scott Borthwick
Jordan Clark
Rikki Clarke
Matthew Dunn
Dean Elgar
Will Jacks
Morne Morkel
Ryan Patel
Jamie Smith (wk)
Freddie van den Bergh
Amar Virdi
This is the hardest selection of the year without a doubt Headscratch
I would leave Borthwick out of this game but I don't think the management will just yet
Is Freddie in the squad as just a batsman don't think we need 3 spinners ?
I would love to see Dunn back in but our tail would be even longer.
so Dunn and Batty to miss out possibly
Over to you chaps thumbsup

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS NOTTINGHAMSHIRE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP - Page 2 Empty Re: SURREY VS NOTTINGHAMSHIRE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by chichestersurreyfan Mon 15 Jul 2019, 10:34 pm

Great win for Surrey today.....sounded like some brilliant bowling from Virdi.Atleast we should be safe from relegation!

chichestersurreyfan

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS NOTTINGHAMSHIRE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP - Page 2 Empty Re: SURREY VS NOTTINGHAMSHIRE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by LondonTiger Tue 16 Jul 2019, 7:27 am

Any indication that the ECB were looking at the pitch? Did the ball turn square from session 1 or were both sets of batters pretty poor against spin? Or were Ashwin and Virdi putting in absolute great performances?

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 16 Jul 2019, 8:14 am

LondonTiger wrote:Any indication that the ECB were looking at the pitch? Did the ball turn square from session 1 or were both sets of batters pretty poor against spin? Or were Ashwin and Virdi putting in absolute great performances?

Ball turned from session one LT - comms were pretty blunt in saying "Notts took a gamble" and it backfired massively. To be honest I don't really understand it, Ashwin is going to be very good on whatever pitch you prepare, so preparing one that brings the lesser opposing spinners upto his level whilst making it harder for your already struggling batting lineup makes zero sense to me
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2