The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

+12
tigertattie
President Trump
NickisBHAFC
JoshSansom
Fernando
Dr Gregory House MD
marty2086
Uryu Ishida
Beer
Marky
Samo
Dolphin Ziggler
16 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

News items that dont merit their own thread...thread - Page 4 Empty News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 10 Oct 2018, 12:20 pm

First topic message reminder :

Rey Mysterio finally returns for WWE next week, and it is said by wwe to be “full-time”

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

News items that dont merit their own thread...thread - Page 4 Empty Re: News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Post by Samo Thu 16 Apr 2020, 5:00 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Reports that the NXT roster will be paid for 30 days and then they’re all free to go looking for work.

That seems insane. There’s no way they’re letting Cole, Dream, Ciampa, Gargano and the like walk away

According to Sean Ross Sapp this only applies to the NXT talent that have been cut, not the entire roster. It also doesnt apply to any main roster talent who Im assuming are free to do as they please right away.

Spud posted a video on Twitter and he’s heartbroken. Cant say I blame him

Samo

Back to top Go down

News items that dont merit their own thread...thread - Page 4 Empty Re: News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Post by Luke Thu 16 Apr 2020, 3:21 pm

Sadly expect more, the ones named so far were mainly attached to raw.

Males this worse, this is just do the WWE can continue to get the profit in line with the last conference call predictions. Nothing to do with anything else.
Added with the whole mess around why they suddenly got deemed essential, and the xfl. Been a very bad week for Vince.

To be fair, some of the releases where mutually agreed.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 16 Apr 2020, 4:13 pm

A tough week gets tougher as Howard Finkel has passed away. A great shame, one of the greatest ring announcers ever and a big part of multiple generations. RIP.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 12 May 2020, 1:17 pm

Becky Lynch relinquished her RAW womens title to the winner of the Womens Money in the Bank match as she announced that she's pregnant. Excellent news in this hard time, congratulations to her and Seth.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 20 May 2020, 6:29 pm

Former WWE superstar Shad Gaspard went missing on Monday after being caught in a riptide while out swimming of the coast of Miami with his son. Shad made sure to direct the emergency response team to his son before they went for him. Tragically his body washed up on the shore earlier today. A horrific thing to happen but he died a hero making sure his son was saved.

RIP.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu 04 Jun 2020, 10:07 pm

NXT takeover in your house card looks so good! I do worry the lack of audience will sadly affect the overall quality of the show, similar to Double or nothing.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 05 Jun 2020, 3:06 pm

Adam Cole contract is up in August. Loved by Triple H & Shawn Michaels, but strong connections with AEW given his wife and Bullet Club. Imagine he'll be milking it for all it's worth to try and get as much money as possible.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Fri 05 Jun 2020, 3:12 pm

This is exactly what we all want to see. Which is why it’s so great having some rivals for WWE.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 05 Jun 2020, 7:02 pm

My favourite part of wrestling has always been contract negotiations

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sun 07 Jun 2020, 3:30 pm

Its certainly an interesting point of discussion in a time where not much else is happening.

Cant see Adam Cole jumping ship just yet. He’s king of the castle in NXT and they’ll give him whatever he wants to stay. Hell stick around until UE get “called up” and then Vince gets bored of them after a few weeks and breaks them up.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 07 Jun 2020, 7:38 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:My favourite part of wrestling has always been contract negotiations

Yeah but sadly you get comments from morons who are trying to keep there dying forum going.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 08 Jun 2020, 4:30 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:My favourite part of wrestling has always been contract negotiations

Yeah but sadly you get comments from morons who are trying to keep there dying forum going.

“Ooooh look at me, I’m too cool for a forum, I have to comment on a forum about it.”

Nick, it’s great to have you back at your best. By which I mean offering nothing and exposing yourself as an idiot. And whilst it’s not my forum (I presume, with your intelligence, you meant to say “their”) I can happily make sure you don’t get dragged back here with us, if you like?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 08 Jun 2020, 4:44 pm

Samo wrote:Its certainly an interesting point of discussion in a time where not much else is happening.

Cant see Adam Cole jumping ship just yet. He’s king of the castle in NXT and they’ll give him whatever he wants to stay. Hell stick around until UE get “called up” and then Vince gets bored of them after a few weeks and breaks them up.

I find the contract talk interesting, it was the way he mentioned it that I found funny. But you just can’t tell jokes some days.

I suspect a couple of the recent results in NXT could reflect in contract negotiations and status of top stars.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 27 Aug 2020, 5:14 pm

After Karrion Kross had to vacate his newly won NXT championship because of injury, William Regal set up a huge match for next weeks NXT.

It will be Johnny Gargano vs Tommaso Ciampa vs Adam Cole vs Finn Balor in the first every fatal four way, 60 minute Ironman match.

That is going to be spectacular.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 27 Aug 2020, 5:55 pm

Well, that’s a way to follow a disappointing Takeover and a champion I genuinely don’t want to watch

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 27 Aug 2020, 6:06 pm

I think wrestling on the whole is really suffering without live crowds. Its part of the reason I havent been watching very much apart from the odd clip on YouTube and a PPV match if it catches my fancy. I feel bad for guys like Drew and Braun who have worked for years to get world titles and have to have their runs in this kind of situation. Some matches have still been very good but it just isnt the same.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 27 Aug 2020, 6:07 pm

It certainly is weaker, and the Thunderdome thing was very good in the circumstances.

I found Takeover a disappointment anyway, think it was the weakest I’ve watched, and whilst their usual crowd would have improved it a lot, I still felt like it was a real placeholder show.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 02 Sep 2020, 9:54 am

Not a fan of Kross, Dolph?

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 09 Sep 2020, 11:58 am

Ironman result.:

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethan Shaw Sun 11 Oct 2020, 11:31 am

What did you all think of the draft so far?

Ethan Shaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon 12 Oct 2020, 7:25 am

Well seeing as Seth Rollins is going to appear on RAW tonight and New Day have a match booked for SmackDown Im pretty ambivilant about the whole thing. Just makes it all seem pointless.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Mon 12 Oct 2020, 11:57 am

Seeing as most stars appear across brands anyway. Seems pointless to me.

Though don't get the new day thing, a) why only get 2, when you could have had 3. B) Big E could still have had a singles push while part of them,a'la Kofi.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4