The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+16
Plunky
George1507
Davie
westisbest
McLaren
pedro
Pal Joey
I'm never wrong
Shotrock
kwinigolfer
navyblueshorts
beninho
Soul Requiem
JAS
super_realist
dynamark
20 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 20 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by dynamark Thu 26 Mar 2020, 8:14 pm

First topic message reminder :

I suppose it sort of makes sense with the Dyson effort because they just have to switch to blow.
Hope it works.
The self employed will have to adjust in future and get a bit closer to the NI and paye system.It has always been a bit unwritten that you can limit your contributions somewhat as self employed in the building trade and others but a big part of the economy. Again this may close a few gaps

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Wed 22 Apr 2020, 1:45 pm

beninho wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:
beninho wrote:Starmer looked very good against Raab, but hard, I guess because Raab is a ridiculous muppet.

But, it's good to see a working opposition start the fight back.

Also, working at hone means bacon sandwich for lunch! Boom.

Looked very good? Interesting take, looked like a man out of his depth to me, I actually quite Starmer but he appears to lack the mental dexterity for leadership. It's a crying shame that the Labour membership in its infinite wisdom would and have ignored Yvette Cooper and Hillary Benn.

Think your letting your views cloud your judgements on that. You think Starmer lacks quickness and alertness. Obviously something you dont need to become a high level barrister. When I watch them in court it's very impressive no matter if it's against me.

Laugh you'd never let your views cloud your judgement would you Ben?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Wed 22 Apr 2020, 1:48 pm

And I get called out on it! That was sort of my point.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed 22 Apr 2020, 2:11 pm

Interesting reports coming out of the San Francisco Bay area of post mortems of two patients who died in early and mid-Feb are now found to have tested positive for COVID-19. No reports of recent travel in the respective backgrounds but nothing on their ethnicity. Thought to be the tip of a small iceberg of community deaths in the Bay Area however, possibly also to be found to be replicated in NYC.

I wonder if there's any sense of similar occurrences in GB or Ireland?

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 22 Apr 2020, 2:13 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:Interesting reports coming out of the San Francisco Bay area of post mortems of two patients who died in early and mid-Feb are now found to have tested positive for COVID-19. No reports of recent travel in the respective backgrounds but nothing on their ethnicity. Thought to be the tip of a small iceberg of community deaths in the Bay Area however, possibly also to be found to be replicated in NYC.

Probably, but bear in mind that SF/NY has a massive Asian population.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 22 Apr 2020, 2:30 pm

Anyone else suffer over Christmas? I had all the signs, fever, cough aches. Thought I was run down after my mum died. Doctor did say that a really bad virus was spreading.

But if 30k have died in 2020 if flu/ pneumonia it does make me wonder if something was here early and never picked up.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 22 Apr 2020, 2:32 pm

beninho wrote:Anyone else suffer over Christmas? I had all the signs, fever, cough aches. Thought I was run down after my mum died. Doctor did say that a really bad virus was spreading.

But if 30k have died in 2020 if flu/ pneumonia it does make me wonder if something was here early and never picked up.

I had something so bad that it necessitated my first sick day in 13 years, massive shivers and fever, aches and pains but no cough, so most likely not Coronavirus, especially as I was back on my feet in a couple of days.

As for 30k this year for  flu/pneumonia, it's a pretty steady number from one year to the next with minor fluctuation. It's just something which isn't really newsworthy in the scale of people dying in a year from other things like cancer or heart attacks.

Remember we've been mixing figures from UK, England, England and Wales today but also at times only looking at flu, without pneumonia. I think when an old codger dies of pneumonia its often described as old age or something so its never really in the public consciousness as being such a big killer.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed 22 Apr 2020, 2:45 pm

super_realist wrote:
kwinigolfer wrote:Interesting reports coming out of the San Francisco Bay area of post mortems of two patients who died in early and mid-Feb are now found to have tested positive for COVID-19. No reports of recent travel in the respective backgrounds but nothing on their ethnicity. Thought to be the tip of a small iceberg of community deaths in the Bay Area however, possibly also to be found to be replicated in NYC.

Probably, but bear in mind that SF/NY has a massive Asian population.

Yup, I lived there! Both actually. But there are cells of smaller East Asian communities in GB. Just thought it was interesting given that they didn't appear to have travelled and circumstantially suggest community infection. And no-one would have known for certain as any test kits available were not working.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Wed 22 Apr 2020, 2:48 pm

beninho wrote:Anyone else suffer over Christmas? I had all the signs, fever, cough aches. Thought I was run down after my mum died. Doctor did say that a really bad virus was spreading.

I've seen lots of this speculated about on social media and didn't feel great over Christmas myself so does make you wonder. We won't know for many years yet.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 22 Apr 2020, 2:49 pm

I'd expect to see a massive infection rate in Edinburgh given the massive number of Chinese tourists here but its not too bad statistically

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 22 Apr 2020, 2:53 pm

beninho wrote:Anyone else suffer over Christmas?

No but I have most likely had the covid. My wife got it and I ended up with mild symptoms.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 22 Apr 2020, 2:54 pm

Good to see the debate has moved on while I have been on an enforced break. SR and SR still unwilling to accept that things could have gone better for the UK.

Check this out for some analysis on how the UKG tried to handle Covid.

https://time.com/5823382/britain-coronavirus-response/?xid=tcoshare
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 22 Apr 2020, 3:02 pm

McLaren wrote:Good to see the debate has moved on while I have been on an enforced break. SR and SR still unwilling to accept that things could have gone better for the UK.

Check this out for some analysis on how the UKG tried to handle Covid.

https://time.com/5823382/britain-coronavirus-response/?xid=tcoshare

Good to see you still don't read Mac. We have been perfectly clear that things could have gone better but have been robust in explaining that there is far more to the UK death rate than how we reacted in the first place and that it is dishonest not to talk about these and only blame the government. Clear enough?

What was your enforced absence for?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 22 Apr 2020, 3:02 pm

McLaren wrote:

No but I have most likely had the covid. My wife got it and I ended up with mild symptoms.

Your wife? Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 22 Apr 2020, 3:03 pm

super_realist wrote:

As if you don't know?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 22 Apr 2020, 3:08 pm

McLaren wrote:
super_realist wrote:

As if you don't know?

Why would I Mac?
What was Coronavirus like?

Edit - So you got a ban? Laugh At least you used it to get married. Laugh

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 22 Apr 2020, 3:18 pm

You would know because it was due to a minor insult I directed at you. I assume you snowflaked to the mods?

I have been married for quite some time.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 22 Apr 2020, 3:22 pm

Mac, as I've said many times before I have never made a complaint about you and most likely never will.
You were however out of order and I'm assuming that Navy took it upon himself to take the action that resulted in your suspension, and justifiably so.

I believe you are married about as much as I believe that you worked abroad or have an MSc.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 22 Apr 2020, 3:22 pm

super_realist wrote:
What was Coronavirus like?

For me it was just a mild lingering cough.  Maybe felt a bit more tired but I suspect that was just because I was looking for symptoms (Also had some digestive issues for a few days but that was probably unrelated). For my wife the symptoms probably lingered for 3 weeks in total. 1st week a mild cough, 2nd Week fever symptoms, 3rd week just totally knackered.

Last edited by McLaren on Wed 22 Apr 2020, 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 22 Apr 2020, 3:23 pm

Out of interest what comment that I made do you think was out of order?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 22 Apr 2020, 3:25 pm

You circumnavigated the swear filter and you called me a Meat trombone soloist

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 22 Apr 2020, 3:26 pm

I'm assuming in this "marriage" of yours that you are the one punching considerably above their weight?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 22 Apr 2020, 3:26 pm

As I just pointed out to navy in a pm "prick" and "dick" are not caught by the swear filter. Nothing to do with me circumnavigating it.

Would you say that being called a male genitalia offended you?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 22 Apr 2020, 3:28 pm

super_realist wrote:I'm assuming in this "marriage" of yours that you are the one punching considerably above their weight?

Depends how you look at it. She is married to someone who shot a 47 on TOC on Tiger woods 02.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 22 Apr 2020, 3:28 pm

McLaren wrote:As I just pointed out to navy in a pm "prick" and "dick" are not caught by the swear filter. Nothing to do with me circumnavigating it.

Would you say that being called a male genitalia offended you?

It didn't offend me, just no need for you to say it, especially when you constantly pull me up for comments about people and then you contradict yourself by saying it about me, but your hypocrisy never fails.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 22 Apr 2020, 3:29 pm

So if it didn't offend you what reasoning are you applying to conclude I shouldn't have said it?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 22 Apr 2020, 3:30 pm

McLaren wrote:
super_realist wrote:I'm assuming in this "marriage" of yours that you are the one punching considerably above their weight?

Depends how you look at it. She is married to someone who shot a 47 on TOC on Tiger woods 02.

She must be so proud.
What does she do? Done more with her education than you?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 22 Apr 2020, 3:31 pm

McLaren wrote:So if it didn't offend you what reasoning are you applying to conclude I shouldn't have said it?

Offence and being needless are two very different things. There's a certain amount of decorum required for your fellow poster whilst it's explicit in the terms and conditions not to abuse your fellow posters. So while I didn't take offence, someone obviously did. Hope you've learned your lesson.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 22 Apr 2020, 3:35 pm

Super

You are obviously never going to admit it, but what you are describing is that you felt offended. Which is fine. It happens. I am sorry that I offended you.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 22 Apr 2020, 3:36 pm

super_realist wrote:
McLaren wrote:

She must be so proud.
What does she do? Done more with her education than you?

Again this is one of the questions you ask to which you already know the answer. Like the subject of my degree I have in the past mentioned what she does, the fact that you can't remember shows there is no point revealing such details in a public space. If you really cared you would have remembered.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 22 Apr 2020, 3:39 pm

I don't recall which means more likely that it didn't impress me.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 22 Apr 2020, 3:45 pm

McLaren wrote:Super

You are obviously never going to admit it, but what you are describing is that you felt offended. Which is fine. It happens. I am sorry that I offended you.

Why would I be offended by that Mac? There's nothing you could do that would offend me because you don't know me in the slightest so any insult is as useless as if you called my mother a lady of loose morals. Its an empty statement which means nothing. I admit I didn't laugh when I could see how worked up you were getting.

You can't seem to take that it wasn't me who dobbed you in.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Wed 22 Apr 2020, 3:48 pm

Yes, picked up a nasty yo-yo cough around late November which periodically exacerbates my asthma. I still have it, every time I come close to it going, it comes back, there’s been a couple of occasions where I’ve felt a bit woozy and fatigued but never a roaring temperature. I’ve been back and forwards to both the doc and Asthma nurse periodically and tried to rule out different potential aggravating factors.

I was a bit apprehensive about the skiing trip to Canada over Xmas (cold dry air and altitude don’t exactly help asthma) but I managed it by upping my inhalers and spent a few days taking cold & flu medication

I just keep a close eye on myself taking peak flow every morning and making sure I keep my lungs working with exercise.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 22 Apr 2020, 3:51 pm

Jas

Have you tried Chinese medicine?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 22 Apr 2020, 3:53 pm

McLaren wrote:Jas

Laugh Laugh Laugh

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 22 Apr 2020, 4:17 pm

Interesting point I've heard a few times about an increase in deaths from all other causes due to people not presenting at doctors surgeries.
Got to be a Venn diagram somewhere to determine at which point we have a soft lockdown exit to counter act the increase in deaths from all other causes.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 22 Apr 2020, 5:49 pm

I guess at the point where lockdown deaths > no lockdown deaths

so covid(lockdown)+collateral(lockdoen)+regular > regular + covid(no lockdown) + collateral(no lockdown)

The deaths from covid with no lockdown measures taken was, if I remember correctly, modeled to be in the 250,000 to 500,000 range.

The collateral deaths with no lockdown might be even more severe than the collateral under lockdown due to the sheer decimation the health system would suffer as hundreds of thousands of covid patients came through the system.

The collateral lockdown deaths would have to reach far higher numbers than we are seeing to make it an issue.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Wed 22 Apr 2020, 6:19 pm

For this cough, no. Have I in the past for other ailments? yes.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 22 Apr 2020, 7:13 pm

McLaren wrote:I guess at the point where lockdown deaths > no lockdown deaths

so covid(lockdown)+collateral(lockdoen)+regular > regular + covid(no lockdown) + collateral(no lockdown)

The deaths from covid with no lockdown measures taken was, if I remember correctly, modeled to be in the 250,000 to 500,000 range.

The collateral deaths with no lockdown might be even more severe than the collateral under lockdown due to the sheer decimation the health system would suffer as hundreds of thousands of covid patients came through the system.

The collateral lockdown deaths would have to reach far higher numbers than we are seeing to make it an issue.

And how many are we seeing Mac? It's also not just about death either, what about mental health?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 22 Apr 2020, 7:14 pm

JAS wrote:

Like what?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 22 Apr 2020, 9:56 pm

super_realist wrote:
JAS wrote:

Like what?

Tiger paw smoothie for a limp dick?

McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Thu 23 Apr 2020, 10:40 am

super_realist wrote:
JAS wrote:

Like what?

Why are you so curious to know? Especially given how secretive you are about divulging any of your own personal details?

-------

https://www.606v2.com/viewtopic.php?t=69561

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20